Author

Topic: Re: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s - page 118. (Read 96796 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

As we have said, we are rapidly trying to improve our CS, and customer input is crucial to that processes (As I have tried to inform BA).

I hope our new ticket system is working well, as well as our much faster and prompt responses via FB.

With two Matts taking care of support tickets and maintaining Black Arrow's Facebook page, all concerns should probably be addressed in a timely manner.

We will offer local pickups- but we are moving to a massive new facility in CO, so pickups will have to be from there Smiley.

ALSO: I now have access to the BA ticket system, so if you need a response feel free to PM and I can at least check on the status for you.

Hi Everybody,

There's no referral program in place at the moment.

There will be an option for local pick-up.

I'm going to do my best to stay up to date with this thread. I'm also running the facebook page and answering tickets.

Also, to address Carlton Banks, there is no conspiracy to maximize profits. 90% of our team is focusing on the engineering side of things to make sure we get this ready for Feb 2014. Our customer service team is trying to keep up with orders and questions as well as we can.

Having said that, if anyone has emailed us and is still waiting for a reply, please PM me your question.

If you want to verify that I work for Black Arrow, please PM me and I will supply my @blackarrowsoftware.com email address.

Thanks!
Matt

Minersource facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/minersource
Blackarrow Facbook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Arrow/477655819009178

I'm definitely working on a status update. I'm the guy on facebook, in the ticket system, here, and on ecointalk. It's hard for me to keep up with all of these different places where people often times ask the same or similar questions.

I should have an update soon.

I will look into my PM's here too.

Color me (pun may or may not be intended) confused, but I clearly shown that you, Matt Carson, have assess to Black Arrow's support tickets, yet BlackArrow Matt states that he's the guy solely filling that role. If such wasn't the case, BA Matt would have clarified that position.

BTW, you accidently (MY ASS) un-highlighted a phrase in the post you quoted penned by me. I hope you don't mine me re-highlighting it.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
From BA:
27/02/2014 - Production Update

1. Minion tapeout was completed. The final power consumption for the whole chip is 0.75W/Ghash @ TT corner. When using at SS corner (lower voltage) it should use 20% less (0.6W/Ghash)
2. X1 Hashboard and Control Board have been sent to the factory on Monday.
3. X3 Hashboard design is complete. Will not send to factory until X1 hashboard test is complete.
4. X1 Backplane design is almost ready. We expect to send it to the factory next Monday.
5. Completed the X3 case preliminary design; It was sent for review.
6. We are running thermal simulation to determine the best airflow for X1 and X3.
7. Meetings with Verisilicon and Amkor.
8. Expanded our office and we are actively looking to grow our designer teams.
9. Progress has been made towards USD refunds. We hope to be able to provide the refunds within the next week or so.

Pending:
 - Waiting for heatsink factory to provide us with the final samples.
 - Waiting for the PSU factory to provide the samples.
 - Document for BTC withdrawals still not ready due to lack of time.
legendary

As we have said, we are rapidly trying to improve our CS, and customer input is crucial to that processes (As I have tried to inform BA).

I hope our new ticket system is working well, as well as our much faster and prompt responses via FB.

With two Matts taking care of support tickets and maintaining Black Arrow's Facebook page, all concerns should probably be addressed in a timely manner.

We will offer local pickups- but we are moving to a massive new facility in CO, so pickups will have to be from there Smiley.

ALSO: I now have access to the BA ticket system, so if you need a response feel free to PM and I can at least check on the status for you.

Hi Everybody,

There's no referral program in place at the moment.

There will be an option for local pick-up.

I'm going to do my best to stay up to date with this thread. I'm also running the facebook page and answering tickets.

Also, to address Carlton Banks, there is no conspiracy to maximize profits. 90% of our team is focusing on the engineering side of things to make sure we get this ready for Feb 2014. Our customer service team is trying to keep up with orders and questions as well as we can.

Having said that, if anyone has emailed us and is still waiting for a reply, please PM me your question.

If you want to verify that I work for Black Arrow, please PM me and I will supply my @blackarrowsoftware.com email address.

Thanks!
Matt
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1012
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
QUESTION TIME!!!!

Why has MinerSource not migrated over their server/uploaded pictures from the recent trip to meet with BA?

Since the X-3 will be 2 units, will each of them get a 1400 Watt power supply?  Will they be 2 completely separate units that can run independently of each other?  If the power draw on each one is really that high, most people will need to run these in separate rooms of their house or blow a fuse in the US.

Will there be a way to add extra after market cooling (more fans or higher powered fans) since now we need to run these in the summer (May) and not the winter time (March)? 

Will the X-1 and X-3 be quiet enough to run at home?  With that high amount of electricity pulled, I feel like the fans will have to be working pretty hard, and thus be pretty loud.  Are you still confident that the goal of making these quiet is attainable?

These are important questions, because if they are going to be loud, and I need more power than I can pull in my house, then I, as well as others I assume, need to start looking for a place to host our miners.

Because the database has been a gigantic pain in the ass. I have 2 programmers working on it, and if they dont have a solution by friday I will be making them do it by hand.

Each X3 will have a separate PSU
They come with a 1400w, but each unit will not be pulling 1400w from the wall. There should be little issue running the full X3 on a standard US 120V 15A, but I will be double checking that.

I am not sure about the extra cooling, but the stock included cooling should be more than good enough even for OC'ed (based on the revised cooling numbers from the new HS)

They should be fairly quiet (the X1 defiantly), how quiet I do not know yet. Shouldn't be nearly as loud as a B1 Avalon for example.

Thank you Bobsag for your due diligence and speed at answering my questions, it is greatly appreciated and allows me to continue to instill confidence that we will receive these units.
legendary
@ DebitMe. See this thread on some power discussions for these things.  I haven't been following this lately, so I'm not sure if your questions are addressed in it, but it gives some good info on power issues in general.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=355305.0;topicseen

Thanks for the link, I will have to look through it when I get some time.  Now that I think about it, my dad is an electrical engineer, I suppose he would be able to answer some questions on limits, but it doesn't do much good without final specs info.  I just want to know what to expect so I can have a plan in place when these things arrive.

EDIT:  Also, my breaker tripped yesterday when I plugged in my vacuum into the same circuit I have 3 ants running, so I guess about 1300 to 1500 watts is my limit in that room.
Activity: 700
@ DebitMe. See this thread on some power discussions for these things.  I haven't been following this lately, so I'm not sure if your questions are addressed in it, but it gives some good info on power issues in general.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=355305.0;topicseen
Activity: 700
QUESTION TIME!!!!

Why has MinerSource not migrated over their server/uploaded pictures from the recent trip to meet with BA?

Since the X-3 will be 2 units, will each of them get a 1400 Watt power supply?  Will they be 2 completely separate units that can run independently of each other?  If the power draw on each one is really that high, most people will need to run these in separate rooms of their house or blow a fuse in the US.

Will there be a way to add extra after market cooling (more fans or higher powered fans) since now we need to run these in the summer (May) and not the winter time (March)? 

Will the X-1 and X-3 be quiet enough to run at home?  With that high amount of electricity pulled, I feel like the fans will have to be working pretty hard, and thus be pretty loud.  Are you still confident that the goal of making these quiet is attainable?

These are important questions, because if they are going to be loud, and I need more power than I can pull in my house, then I, as well as others I assume, need to start looking for a place to host our miners.

If I can add the question of whether or not there will be an option to request these with 208 V single phase or other power configuration than 120V.  I'll just wire up a dedicated circuit if that is an option.
legendary
QUESTION TIME!!!!

legendary
WOW! That's 1 1/7 Fortnights™. Must be some really killer shit they're hashin' there in The Mile High City, speaking of a khanjar vortex.

If anyone has good hash, it's the Mile High City.

Until you level up to the The Two-Mile-High City.
legendary
As an update to my customers, we will be importing the old database in over the next 72hrs, please expect an email when it has been done.

It's been 12 days since you posted this. 12 days = 288 hours If you understand maths, you'll see the problem here.

Did Colorado get sucked into some temporal vortex and I somehow missed that on the news? Unless that is what a polar vortex is. Hmmm....  Roll Eyes
It's now been 384 hours (16 days).

WOW! That's 1 1/7 Fortnights™. Must be some really killer shit they're hashin' there in The Mile High City, speaking of a khanjar vortex.
As an update to my customers, we will be importing the old database in over the next 72hrs, please expect an email when it has been done.

It's been 12 days since you posted this. 12 days = 288 hours If you understand maths, you'll see the problem here.

Did Colorado get sucked into some temporal vortex and I somehow missed that on the news? Unless that is what a polar vortex is. Hmmm....  Roll Eyes
It's now been 384 hours (16 days).
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
legendary

Nope! That's all Virisilicon correspondences, not GF.

Does it really matter though or are you just fishing for something to create fud?

Bitmine uses verisilicon/global foundries and are now shipping

Blackarrow has a confirmed contract with verisilicon. What more verification do we need that its not a scam?

I would think it would be counterintuitive to rake in several million usd in investments and proceed to spend a few million on tapeing out a chip so you can maybe convince a few more people to preorder before you run.

Why not just jump ship as soon as they had a few million in preorders?

That so-called contract that Black Arrow has with Virisilicon consist of a partnership, oppose to simply contracting them to provide a service. Big difference! Ergo, why an NDA was not in play when info was requested of them. Now, I suggest asking the same exact thing of Global Foundries, whereupon I'll assume the reply WILL be different.
legendary
Already contacted GF too, but haven't heard back.

TY, Gooz. BTW, sorry to hear about Guzman. I wonder if he had any dealings on SR.
Already contacted GF too, but haven't heard back.
legendary

Nope! That's all Virisilicon correspondences, not GF.
legendary
Guys, let's get serious... there is a > 90% probability in my opinion that we will see additional delays. These guys are not pros like the KNC/OrSoc team and the chance of them being able to get everything right on the first try is quite small. Not zero mind you, they might get lucky... Sorry to be such a downer here but if you honestly believe they will deliver on April 30/May 1st you're likely to suffer another disappointment.

The good news is that by that time we've all probably moved on to the acceptance phase so this will not come as a shock anymore... two months will work wonders, you'll see!  Grin

Probably right. Bitmine (who also used VS/GF to manufacture chips) took 4 months from tapeout to shipping. I would guess that blackarrow has more experience producing hardware/asics so its possible they ship in ~3 months.

This is Black Arrow's first foray in producing ASICs, and their first partnership with Virisilicon. And, it is a partnership and not simply contracting Virisilicon to bring the Minion to fruition. Big difference.

That said, who's penning the email to Global Foundries to verify that they are in fact now starting the wafer process for Black Arrow/Virisilicon? GF should have no problem with sending a reply to verify, for just like Virisilicon's reply(s), what'll be asked in no way would construe a breach of any NDA.

Goozman? You did so well last time, care to do it again?

~Bruno Kucinskas
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Anyone know why the tape out was delayed by so many months? One moment I am reading batch #1 to ship 24th. Feb, next moment people are wondering if tape out will be by 24th. Feb. That's an extraordinary delay which would have been known about months ago.

Activity: 532
Are you like these guys?
Glad tapeout has been announced. Whats the next thing we can moan about whilst we wait 2 months?

Is this where BA announce on a weekly basis that everything is on track for May delivery and a week before May, we get told about a delay?

Apart from actually posting pictures, its a waiting game now, just 2 solid months before a fully fledged forum riot happens if BA anounce another delay or total failure.

Hopefully the products are delivered as quick as possible but you're quite right, another delay or total failure are also potential outcomes.

Lips sealed

Jump to: