Pages:
Author

Topic: Re: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s - page 47. (Read 96796 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
http://ecointalk.net/topic/1348-my-x3-caught-fire/

"... there was a loud bang sound, and then i could see one of the X3's was on fire. ..."

Activity: 402
Merit: 250
HAHA either they have no more money and don't want to lose any of their own on this failure of an endeavor!  What a laughable offer!  The scum of the earth goes lower, at least BFL didn't offer investors losses in a project they plan to cancel.

And wasn't the chip supposed to tape out last week?  That's what the last update said, so BA is already missing deadlines and not doing what they said they could do.  Eerie the similarities between this project and the SHA project, almost like looking back 9 months.

If anyone even remotely considers giving them any money for an already outdated chip, they deserve to lose their 5% when BA inevitably cancels this project.  I will also start a fund for anyone who is willing to breach the NDA (remember you are outside of their country and BA can't really go after you and you can remain anonymous) and give up the specs and details of this chip.  Not like BA cares about keeping your info safe, so why should you theirs?

send us 25,000 to look at the contract and a total of 500,000 and you'll make 10%

of what?

these people are unreal.  they've totally flopped on this.  everyone that gave them a dime now has a penny.  

good luck getting people with a cool half million to spare to agree to these ridiculous terms.

I've gone from wanting my money back to almost enjoying watching Black Arrow do one dumb thing after another.  

this is their plan?  find suckers with half a million that will send 25K just to read the contract?  

HAHAHAHAHA!  that is one of the stupidest fucking things I've ever heard.   good luck, assholes.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1012
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
HAHA either they have no more money and don't want to lose any of their own on this failure of an endeavor!  What a laughable offer!  The scum of the earth goes lower, at least BFL didn't offer investors losses in a project they plan to cancel.

And wasn't the chip supposed to tape out last week?  That's what the last update said, so BA is already missing deadlines and not doing what they said they could do.  Eerie the similarities between this project and the SHA project, almost like looking back 9 months.

If anyone even remotely considers giving them any money for an already outdated chip, they deserve to lose their 5% when BA inevitably cancels this project.  I will also start a fund for anyone who is willing to breach the NDA (remember you are outside of their country and BA can't really go after you and you can remain anonymous) and give up the specs and details of this chip.  Not like BA cares about keeping your info safe, so why should you theirs?
Activity: 402
Merit: 250
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/minion-2-scrypt.html
10% of profits from Minion 2 (Scrypt)

$500,000.00
Availability:In Stock
Quantity:

Add to wish list
Description
This purchases 10% of all profits generated for Black Arrow by the Minion 2 (Scrypt)
Black Arrow has completed the design of a energy efficient Scrypt ASIC and it is ready for tape-out. ASICs can be received in early December if taped out in September.
This purchase includes investment in the tapeout and in the first batch of ASICs. The exact number of wafers that we will purchase will be disclosed in the contract.
We are currently looking for joint venture partners. This product is for business purposes only and can be only purchased by legal entities.
Status of the project: Ready to tapeout immediately. We will tape out as soon as we have sold 50% of the profit shares.
Speed: confidential
Efficiency: 3 Watt/Mhash/Second (chip level)
Specifications:
Node process: 28nm
Package: QFN
Clock: Confidential
Voltage: Confidential
Cores: Confidential
RAM: included in the chip
The integrated ASIC supports internal commands for over-clocking and under-clocking, it features an improved manager than our BTC chip, supports input and output queue, various GPIO, chain and paralel SPI
Terms:
Non-Refundable, unless:
1. contract not agreed by the customer within 5 days of payment.
2. project will be cancelled only if we have not sold 50% of the profits before before 31 Dec 2014. If cancelled, we will charge the customer 5% and return 95% of the funds.
Although all efforts have been made to produce a flawless chip, this is not yet silicon proven and is considered not qualified. There is a risk involved to manufacture this chip as this chip is going to be taped out without MPW test. Should it fail, we will need more investment and about 4 months to fix it. The chances of failure are low but they exist. This is a “Risk Buy”. The Customer accepts all responsibility for the performance of the Prototype(s), and waives all rights to reschedule or cancel purchase order, and waives the right to return defective units.
To complete this order, please pay minimum 5% of your order first. After payment we will send the NDA and full contract. Should you not agree with the contract, we will cancel your order and refund the funds received by us in full.

It just gets funnier by the day.

send us money.  if we cancel the project we keep 5%.  the chip might not work and that's on you, even though we designed it.

don't worry the last group of people to trust us with their money all did great.  just check our forum or bitcointalk!

just know that our fanclub has a funny way of showing their love.  they act like they all lost money.  they'll say we didn't keep our word on anything and cannot be trusted.  But that's because they're all pranksters.  crazy kids.

now send us your money.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Thank you Greenlion, that is an interesting observation.

If true, it complicates decisions.

I never knew the Fuehrer could be so helpful. Wink
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Received an email last night from BA requesting a BTC address for rent-a-minion. I had requested a refund for the rent-a-minion portion a while ago.

Paid 7 BTC and will be lucky to get two out of it. That BTC is still in the wallet I sent it to.

The email said they are planning to deploy rent a minion in a few days.

Information offered without editorial.

I still have not received a DHL tracking number from their email last week that my shipment should go out later today.

I'd love to hear the logic for not refunding on the rent a minion program.

utterly unconscionable. 

After power cost ($4.80) at 10¢/kWh the X3 (2Th/s) makes $12.84 a day at $481.08@Bitstamp.

they made millions and we'll make nothing
how do you call that ?

in a few months these will be making a couple of bucks a day, if that.  and that's if they're not pieces of junk that crap out.

and who knows when they'll actually show up.  nothing on ebay right now in terms of X-3's.  if they were shipping in any kind of numbers, you would think people would be doing whatever they could to dump them.

People will never get their money out of these.  2K and you're lucky.

of course BA claimed otherwise.

If you are guaranteeing prices then what's the point of preorders?  Basically the people preordering now are giving you a free loan because come february everyone gets the same price anyways.  The only benefit of preordering now is if the buyer thinks that you won't have to lower prices and the current price will end up being less then market prices for similar devices at the time of shipping.

Customers who pre-order and pay now have 25% discount. Our promise is that we will ensure that customers who preorder now will always get a better deal than customers who order later.

At the same time we promise that our prices will be below market price at the time we ship.

This means that customers that preorder now will have considerable lower market prices by the time that we ship which puts them in advantage towards anybody else.

Unless Bitcoin mining stops because it becomes unprofitable for everybody else in February, our customers WILL make profit.

legendary
Hey Captain it's September. I was promised delivery at the end of February where's my hardware?

You've broken your end of the contract Captain.
I'm sure the Hong Kong CC will be very interested in this manner of dealing with the most simple customer inquiry possible.

I'm not sure what universe this guy lives in, but apparently over there when somebody simply asks what time their company is there to pick up the phone, it somehow makes sense to not give an answer and just make a Nazi joke.

A question for the posters here, does the below sound like A) the representative of a real company; or B) a deranged con-man? 

Giff me ze odor numbah!

The old give me your order number routine, complete with the phony 'who me' and a childish comment when he doesn't get what he wants.  yep, that's our boy.
legendary
After power cost ($4.80) at 10¢/kWh the X3 (2Th/s) makes $12.84 a day at $481.08@Bitstamp.

THIS IS THE FUCKING TRUTH ASSHOLE!

legendary
Bitcoin Difficulty:   27,428,630,902
Estimated Next Difficulty:   31,837,232,396 (+16.07%)
Adjust time:   After 1989 Blocks, About 13.0 days
Hashrate(?):   212,813,326 GH/s

The X3 now makes $12 a day and the X1 makes 63¢ a day. Only a month left before they make $0 a day.

Also how is compensation suppose to work, WTF am I suppose to do with a worthless miner that has no PSU?

I've got an idea, since we're all Nazis and we've been bad you should just ship all the miners without PSUs! It's not like we need PSUs by the time they arrive anyway. Also if by chance the X3 still makes a dollar or two a day when it arrives this will ensure that the customer won't be able to mine any of it.
legendary
Who would've known that wanting to ask some questions after getting taken for thousands of dollars makes you Hitler?

Have you seen this?

"Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w"
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
When is shipping of Prospero X3?
I paid at the end of 11/2013
and got NOTHING!
What is the path of least damage at this point?

A. Take the comp ASICs and sell them (where the hell would I sell them, who would buy them?)
B. Wait and pray for BA to do something like ship the X3 and give a good scrypt miner as comp (hoping they used the x-1 x-3 to learn to do this and now at least have some clue and won't be a year late on that)
C. Ask for a refund, never get miner, never get refund (I'm assuming this is what happens if you ask for one) Any case of anyone getting a refund? I have plenty of free hours with an attorney that I can use but I don't want to blow them if "them being in china" means I'll still never get my money back.

And to think, I can remember a time when I was worried about letting BA do the 5 day hosting because the extra shipping delay might cut into my ability for ROI.

I didn't need that $5k so much then, but with things that happened since, that profit (fuck,..breaking even) and having that money would be a life changer.

(sigh)

Hope you'll get atleast something this year..

I opted for option C, bought from MS. their product was/is delayed way to far past the original communicated shipment date minersource and blackarrow is obliged to send customers a refund. They even agreed to send me a refund months ago and I'm still waiting. How both companies still exist and no one is jailed is beyond me.  Huh

Minersource do the right thing and send those refunds ASAP! You can't just keep playing with peoples money and get away with it.

Same here, waiting on a cheque Dan Murtha promised to sent on 22th of July, asked for an update after 3 weeks (now 2 weeks ago), and they will not even respond anymore besides the automated "your request has been received". Disgusting, this minersource company. Guess there's nothing left but filing at the FTC an their local attorney's office.
If you really want to start ruffling Minersoures feathers, anyone with a legitimate complaint against them should start also talking to Mircocenter General Managers. If hey want to protect that deal then the less complaints against them the better, just explain how they're (Mirocenter) is in bed with a business that handles their customers poorly and explain your situation.

Hmm,..
My friend works at MC's distribution center, everything that they order/test/fulfill etc.. goes through his doors in Ohio, I may just have to see what his opinion is on all this.

I'm one of those idiots that held out to the end,.. thought , hey I'll just buy my additional CPU from minersource as they'll probably have a few extras and can ship immediately,.. That was over a month ago so.. now they have skin in the game on my buy too.

Let us know, maybe in a new thread linked to from this one so it won't be deleted. People just want their money back from Minersource after not delivering on time as promised.

yep.  a bunch of ftc complaints would not look good either.

people can file on both companies.  easy peasy.

people should also realize that there is strength in numbers when it comes to these sorts of complaints.  small numbers will likely go unnoticed.  larger numbers with damages to consumers in the hundreds of thousands/millions have a better chance of getting someone to act in these agencies, but they have to know something is going on in order to actually do anything.

don't wait for 'someone else'.  

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1
Pentax, add your comment AFTER the quote, rather than inside it. Thanks.

oh, ok.   Cheesy

fyi.  those were simply reposts of posts that had been deleted by our friends at Black Arrow, so the formatting was wacky. 
Activity: 40
Merit: 10
What is the path of least damage at this point?

A. Take the comp ASICs and sell them (where the hell would I sell them, who would buy them?)
B. Wait and pray for BA to do something like ship the X3 and give a good scrypt miner as comp (hoping they used the x-1 x-3 to learn to do this and now at least have some clue and won't be a year late on that)
C. Ask for a refund, never get miner, never get refund (I'm assuming this is what happens if you ask for one) Any case of anyone getting a refund? I have plenty of free hours with an attorney that I can use but I don't want to blow them if "them being in china" means I'll still never get my money back.

And to think, I can remember a time when I was worried about letting BA do the 5 day hosting because the extra shipping delay might cut into my ability for ROI.

I didn't need that $5k so much then, but with things that happened since, that profit (fuck,..breaking even) and having that money would be a life changer.

(sigh)

Hope you'll get atleast something this year..

I opted for option C, bought from MS. their product was/is delayed way to far past the original communicated shipment date minersource and blackarrow is obliged to send customers a refund. They even agreed to send me a refund months ago and I'm still waiting. How both companies still exist and no one is jailed is beyond me.  Huh

Minersource do the right thing and send those refunds ASAP! You can't just keep playing with peoples money and get away with it.

Same here, waiting on a cheque Dan Murtha promised to sent on 22th of July, asked for an update after 3 weeks (now 2 weeks ago), and they will not even respond anymore besides the automated "your request has been received". Disgusting, this minersource company. Guess there's nothing left but filing at the FTC an their local attorney's office.
If you really want to start ruffling Minersoures feathers, anyone with a legitimate complaint against them should start also talking to Mircocenter General Managers. If hey want to protect that deal then the less complaints against them the better, just explain how they're (Mirocenter) is in bed with a business that handles their customers poorly and explain your situation.

Hmm,..
My friend works at MC's distribution center, everything that they order/test/fulfill etc.. goes through his doors in Ohio, I may just have to see what his opinion is on all this.

I'm one of those idiots that held out to the end,.. thought , hey I'll just buy my additional CPU from minersource as they'll probably have a few extras and can ship immediately,.. That was over a month ago so.. now they have skin in the game on my buy too.
legendary
BFL is over 9 months late. BA is only 6 months late. You can't outdo BFL. They are masters of overpriced late hardware.

But my X3 won't mine me a single Satoshi; BA has indicated that they'll ship it only after it uses more power than it mines in coins. BA is also refusing refunds.

At least with BFL I would have the option of a power efficient miner that actually works or a full refund.
legendary
...and BFL is offering refunds.
legendary
Order #400 says (on ECT) that he finally got his order of X1s. Says he got 26 units and that only 14 of them worked out of the box.

Not only is the product now obsolete but it's garbage that doesn't even work. Can we all get refunds instead of being ripped off?
Pages:
Jump to: