Pages:
Author

Topic: [RE-VAMP][ANN][POS][FOOD] Plankton | CasheerApp - page 6. (Read 43973 times)

Activity: 212
Merit: 100
Casheer app Demo launches in 10 days I believe

Then the site needs updating then for it says October 2015 unless you mean the beta. Is that what you meant and if so will it be usable for real purchases?

I believe you are correct about October but I think its beta until then

Here is their Roadmap, basically all demos and prototypes up until August 2015 when a Public Beta will be launched.

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Then the site needs updating then for it says October 2015 unless you mean the beta. Is that what you meant and if so will it be usable for real purchases?

I believe you are correct about October but I think its beta until then
Activity: 369
Merit: 250

We could do with some of those sell orders being bought or moved so that the coin can be traded

One satoshi everyone gets in ground floor! Just need to be more vocal volume would come.... It wouldn't hurt us trying to get onto another exchange c-cex doesn't get much for volume

Taking into account how much time I actually spend to invest in mining and trading I'm not doing that bad on FOOD with the volume at hand but if you do wish to do something directly to affect FOOD volume you can buy a cheap miner or occasionally rent some hash power and point it at the FOOD multipool to create volume.

Also, FOOD being on more than one exchange won't necessarily help it only trading will. One coin I have been trading for a very long time is DIEM and it's has been isolated on Poloniex for quite some time and has been very stable there. This is taking into account that it has been removed from several exchanges and is still on Comkort with slow results there. My point is that some coins do well on some exchanges but do equally as bad on others so don't think that just adding it to another may help. So to somewhat contradict myself, if you think it will have good volume on another exchange add it but don't spend the time to doing so hoping that it will be a cure for low volume. If it were me I would try to set up better trades with other currencies up like will DOGE or HTML5 and not just stick with BTC, LTC, and USD. If you see the filtered volume for FOOD you'll see that trading is being limited to only a few currencies and no serious offers are up if you check all the others. https://c-cex.com/?id=&lpm=food

I agree with you I would love seeing more people on the multipool... My coins are just staking away everyone once and a while I grab a little bit more... As for the exchanges you are right... Adding onto another exchange probably wont do nothing but getting onto an exchange with a little more volume wouldn't hurt.. Casheerapp is going to be the real deal for us.. Using food for foodcoin that is what we have all been waiting for correct Smiley

A little publicity on twitter would probably help us the most.. Maybe get tip bot handing out coins something along those lines...

I really do think we have a future based on name.. Telling people you can soon buy food with foodcoin is a lot easier then describing how the blockchain works Smiley

I too am currently staking most of what I get or buy. Mostly to keep the network health and as a long term investment. Mining at the multipool is currently my main process of obtaining FOOD. Depending on prices, at the moment my Jalapeno, which on average get's 8 GH/s, will get me about 30,000 to 40,000 FOOD a day and my S1, at 180 - 200 GH/s, will get me 120,000 to 180,000 FOOD a day provided it will stay connected. My network has been spotty lately.

Since there is someone still doing their best and not just quitting through this hard time I'll give some aid with knowledge I gathered over time that could help. In all my time mining and trading altcoins, I have seen very, very few coins actually follow through with being able to actually buy things with their respective currency. I would recommend trying to get it as a payment option on sites that allow for payment in other altcurrencies. The only one I know of off the top of my head that already allows for payments in almost any currency is http://www.bidcoind.com and you would need some Marinecoins (MTC) for usage and some features. I already checked and FOOD is not in the list of currencies available but if you contact them to be added I'm sure it isn't too much trouble. You would also have to subsidize some sales by perhaps selling some gift cards or small time items for FOOD to get the ball rolling. If you want to be more successful at this endeavor you'll have to find more outlets that will allow FOOD as a payment type.

I also checked the Casheer site and apparently it won't be ready until October 2015 so I wouldn't gamble to much on that at the moment.
All good ideas.

Will try and get the social media accounts off of Relicords as he has all of them!
We could do with some of those sell orders being bought or moved so that the coin can be traded

One satoshi everyone gets in ground floor! Just need to be more vocal volume would come.... It wouldn't hurt us trying to get onto another exchange c-cex doesn't get much for volume

Taking into account how much time I actually spend to invest in mining and trading I'm not doing that bad on FOOD with the volume at hand but if you do wish to do something directly to affect FOOD volume you can buy a cheap miner or occasionally rent some hash power and point it at the FOOD multipool to create volume.

Also, FOOD being on more than one exchange won't necessarily help it only trading will. One coin I have been trading for a very long time is DIEM and it's has been isolated on Poloniex for quite some time and has been very stable there. This is taking into account that it has been removed from several exchanges and is still on Comkort with slow results there. My point is that some coins do well on some exchanges but do equally as bad on others so don't think that just adding it to another may help. So to somewhat contradict myself, if you think it will have good volume on another exchange add it but don't spend the time to doing so hoping that it will be a cure for low volume. If it were me I would try to set up better trades with other currencies up like will DOGE or HTML5 and not just stick with BTC, LTC, and USD. If you see the filtered volume for FOOD you'll see that trading is being limited to only a few currencies and no serious offers are up if you check all the others. https://c-cex.com/?id=&lpm=food

I agree with you I would love seeing more people on the multipool... My coins are just staking away everyone once and a while I grab a little bit more... As for the exchanges you are right... Adding onto another exchange probably wont do nothing but getting onto an exchange with a little more volume wouldn't hurt.. Casheerapp is going to be the real deal for us.. Using food for foodcoin that is what we have all been waiting for correct Smiley

A little publicity on twitter would probably help us the most.. Maybe get tip bot handing out coins something along those lines...

I really do think we have a future based on name.. Telling people you can soon buy food with foodcoin is a lot easier then describing how the blockchain works Smiley

Activity: 164

Yep - good time to get in.  I'll be picking them up as soon as I sort some spare BTC. 

It won't take much to get this going - especially as we head towards the Casheer App launch in a couple of weeks

Activity: 164
The multipool is reporting blockchain issues? Any information on that? I notice that I have been getting a considerable amount of unaccepted blocks today.

Will look into it.
This is to let you know that I have just received new blocks for the FOOD currency.
The multipool is reporting blockchain issues? Any information on that? I notice that I have been getting a considerable amount of unaccepted blocks today.
Happy New Year FOOD Community from Australia! Here's to a fresh start and amazing times ahead!

Best Wishes,
Chris!
You should add in the Title of the forum about the Casheerapp... When people can use foodcoin for food we should see some nice activity

Noted!

Thanks Chris! We will really push this part closer to when it launches! Get in at 1satoshi now Smiley
You should add in the Title of the forum about the Casheerapp... When people can use foodcoin for food we should see some nice activity

Noted!

The coin itself is fine but I so have two suggestions:

1. More information on the PoS parameters such as minimum stake age and maximum age, if any.

2. Have a performance update for the wallet. It currently takes a lot of resources run the FOOD wallet which makes staking a chore at the moment.

Aside from that, if you are asking what would make FOOD successful just keep the blockchain working and point some hash power at the multipool. The only reason I am trading it is because it's on one at all and is a low value coin on an exchange that can trade it with other currencies. I keep seeing devs trying to get their coins successful by adding paper wallets, app wallets, etc but all that is key to success is volume. If no one is trading it or the blockchain forks/stops with no one to fix it then it dies. If you add things like stores that accept it or apps that is nice but it is not necessary.

Because I don't have access to the original source code, updating is hard. What we will need - I was trying to get done - is clone the github source file and migrate users across to new wallet then update from there.

Well then you have you first task laid out for you. It is essential that you get the a hold of what you need to maintain the coin and understand it's workings. Also, I would really like to have the complete PoS parameters. I've asked a few times but without an answer. At the moment when my wallet tells me I can expect a block in 30 seconds to a minute in practice it's more like 30 minutes to an hour. Is the timing an error or is there a daily staking limit?
Pages:
Jump to: