Pages:
Author

Topic: [RE-VAMP][ANN][POS][FOOD] Plankton | CasheerApp - page 7. (Read 43973 times)

Activity: 212
Merit: 100
Are we still apart of the casheer app launch? If so that should be our main focus no doubt... Also it really doesn't hurt when we lose someone like relicords as he did nothing for the coin anyways lol

Edit: We are on the casheer app launch Smiley

Yes we are still apart of the launch Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Are we still apart of the casheer app launch? If so that should be our main focus no doubt... Also it really doesn't hurt when we lose someone like relicords as he did nothing for the coin anyways lol

Edit: We are on the casheer app launch Smiley

The coin itself is fine but I so have two suggestions:

1. More information on the PoS parameters such as minimum stake age and maximum age, if any.

2. Have a performance update for the wallet. It currently takes a lot of resources run the FOOD wallet which makes staking a chore at the moment.

Aside from that, if you are asking what would make FOOD successful just keep the blockchain working and point some hash power at the multipool. The only reason I am trading it is because it's on one at all and is a low value coin on an exchange that can trade it with other currencies. I keep seeing devs trying to get their coins successful by adding paper wallets, app wallets, etc but all that is key to success is volume. If no one is trading it or the blockchain forks/stops with no one to fix it then it dies. If you add things like stores that accept it or apps that is nice but it is not necessary.

Because I don't have access to the original source code, updating is hard. What we will need - I was trying to get done - is clone the github source file and migrate users across to new wallet then update from there.

Activity: 369
Merit: 250
Hey FOOD Community,

I know, I know! I am also disappointed in my communication here, but I did not want to post with negative news. Unfortunately this will be the case. The developers I had in the pipeline have fallen through and the partner who took over with myself Relicords has also pulled the plug now, and wants out completely.

So this brings us to this point. I have funded and lost money/time on this project from when we took over from the first debacle. Once again it has turned into a shamble once again due to the dirty tactics used by developers to squander money from myself.

I still want FOOD to be successful, so I am asking for the communities help now. I am a one man team with vision and scope, but need to build on top of that. I am still willing to put money into this project as I believe it is a winner and we are still alive 6months on from when it was first released.

So if you know of anyone that can help or ideas - raise them! Should I just put out a bounty for things needed to be done?

Eg of what is needed;

Updated Wallet
App for Android/Apple
Paper Wallet
Web Wallet

Let me know what you think.

It's the end of the week Wink
Chris!

The coin itself is fine but I so have two suggestions:

1. More information on the PoS parameters such as minimum stake age and maximum age, if any.

2. Have a performance update for the wallet. It currently takes a lot of resources run the FOOD wallet which makes staking a chore at the moment.

Aside from that, if you are asking what would make FOOD successful just keep the blockchain working and point some hash power at the multipool. The only reason I am trading it is because it's on one at all and is a low value coin on an exchange that can trade it with other currencies. I keep seeing devs trying to get their coins successful by adding paper wallets, app wallets, etc but all that is key to success is volume. If no one is trading it or the blockchain forks/stops with no one to fix it then it dies. If you add things like stores that accept it or apps that is nice but it is not necessary.
Hey FOOD Community,

I know, I know! I am also disappointed in my communication here, but I did not want to post with negative news. Unfortunately this will be the case. The developers I had in the pipeline have fallen through and the partner who took over with myself Relicords has also pulled the plug now, and wants out completely.

So this brings us to this point. I have funded and lost money/time on this project from when we took over from the first debacle. Once again it has turned into a shamble once again due to the dirty tactics used by developers to squander money from myself.

I still want FOOD to be successful, so I am asking for the communities help now. I am a one man team with vision and scope, but need to build on top of that. I am still willing to put money into this project as I believe it is a winner and we are still alive 6months on from when it was first released.

So if you know of anyone that can help or ideas - raise them! Should I just put out a bounty for things needed to be done?

Eg of what is needed;

Updated Wallet
App for Android/Apple
Paper Wallet
Web Wallet

Let me know what you think.

It's the end of the week Wink
Chris!
Merry Christmas all. 

Is it the end of the week yet?

It will never be the end of the week if Chris has anything to do with it lol
Thanks to the conf file given by loszhor, now I can sync my wallet for first time...

I'm sad this works too late for me. I couldn't withdraw 1 million of Plankton from Bittrex, that's dissapointing.   Undecided

Your welcome. If you write to the support staff you may still be able to get them back if too much time has not yet passed. I was able to regain a sizable amount of coins from C-Cex after a delisting by writing to support about it. Bottomline, it couldn't hurt to, respectfully, ask.
Activity: 164
Merry Christmas all. 

Is it the end of the week yet?
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Thanks to the conf file given by loszhor, now I can sync my wallet for first time...

I'm sad this works too late for me. I couldn't withdraw 1 million of Plankton from Bittrex, that's dissapointing.   Undecided
Sorted - it's synching now!!  Smiley

Thanks for the help

OK, good. Let em know if you need any more help.
Sorted - it's synching now!!  Smiley

Thanks for the help

Thanks for the reply.

As far as I can tell that is exactly what I have done. The problem is I can't get the wallet to sync. I have never had this before, it just happens automatically with other wallets.

These are my nodes from my .conf file:

addnode=92.222.19.210:27332
addnode=46.165.208.140:27332
addnode=62.78.155.107:27332
addnode=23.92.53.139:27332
addnode=83.165.168.35:27332
addnode=87.92.65.188:27332

If it has been some time since your last sync your wallet might tell you that you are not syncing when it actually is but you will not get notified about it until some time later. Add these nodes and leave it on overnight and you should be fine. If not make sure your firewall is letting it through.

Thanks will try that  Smiley
Thanks for the reply.

As far as I can tell that is exactly what I have done. The problem is I can't get the wallet to sync. I have never had this before, it just happens automatically with other wallets.

These are my nodes from my .conf file:

addnode=92.222.19.210:27332
addnode=46.165.208.140:27332
addnode=62.78.155.107:27332
addnode=23.92.53.139:27332
addnode=83.165.168.35:27332
addnode=87.92.65.188:27332

If it has been some time since your last sync your wallet might tell you that you are not syncing when it actually is but you will not get notified about it until some time later. Add these nodes and leave it on overnight and you should be fine. If not make sure your firewall is letting it through.
Thanks for the reply.

Can someone talk me through how to get the wallet staking?  I've never had this issue before, it normally does it automatically.

I have downloaded, but nothing happens.  I have tried creating a .conf file with nodes, but still doesn't work.

Would be grateful of a step by step simpletons guide Smiley

Thanks

It's really simple:

1. Add currency to your wallet.
How much depends on what it is that you are staking so check the forums, exchange values, and blockchain itself for what is a good amount.

2. Set up your .conf file.
Just as normal, with your address, password, and nodes.

3. Encrypt your wallet.
Add a password to your wallet. Do so via the settings option. This is different from your .conf password. If you lose this password you'll not be able to access you currency so make sure to not forget it.

4. Unlock your wallet.
You can do so from the button on the front or the debug window. The password you will enter is the encryption password you entered into the wallet itself not the one from the .conf file.

After a few minutes if you did everything right the arrow in the bottom right corner should say that you are either not staking because you have no mature coins and remain gray or be colored green and will give you an estimate on how long it will be before you stake something.

Effective staking has it's own nuances and good practices so make sure to read up.
Can someone talk me through how to get the wallet staking?  I've never had this issue before, it normally does it automatically.

I have downloaded, but nothing happens.  I have tried creating a .conf file with nodes, but still doesn't work.

Would be grateful of a step by step simpletons guide Smiley

Thanks
well .. the price cant go below one sat. All we can do now is just hope for the best

Just give the FOOD multipool a good workover with a cheap miner and keep the volume going and it'll help out in the long run. I remember writing to C-Cex for general information some time back and they said the criteria for a coin's removal is if it's trading volume does not reach 0.01 BTC every two weeks. I'll write again for updated info after this post and return with their reply.

Just a minor follow up in that I just heard back from C-Cex and less than 0.01 BTC of trading volume in two weeks of trading is still the delisting criteria. So unless the FOOD blockchain stops functioning FOOD is safe on C-Cex the ways things are going. So keep staking and using the multipool and everything will be good.
are any of you staking? We don't have very many connections unless you are planning on selling at 1satoshi why not get the free coins?

I am, you'll have to get a sizable amount first before you can count on some profits. I am just doing it occasional to help the network when I piled up some more I'll do it more seriously. But one thing I do need answered is what the minimum stake age is and is there a maximum stake age?
I've never been able to get my wallet to sync.  I've tried all the steps suggested in the thread.
are any of you staking? We don't have very many connections unless you are planning on selling at 1satoshi why not get the free coins?
Pages:
Jump to: