Author

Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers. - page 168. (Read 636443 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386

...from the prior post....

“In 2014, what is the gravest threat to civilization right now?” Scarborough asked NBC foreign correspondent Ayman Mohyeldin.

“I would not say any of those. I would not say that radical Islam is the greatest threat to civilization today,” said Mohyeldin.

Scarborough interjected, asking, “What is?”

“Global warming,” said Confessore.

Winter arrives early in Alaska?

SEE?  THAT PROVES IT!

Wink
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon

NY Times Reporter: Greatest Existential Threat To America Is NOT Radical Islam Or ISIS, It’s “Global Warming”…

During a discussion Monday about the heated Islamic-extremism debate between Bill Maher and Ben Affleck on HBO’s “Real Time With Bill Maher” Friday night, New York Times political reporter Nick Confessore told “Morning Joe” host that neither ISIS nor radical Islam is the greatest existential threat America faces.

What could be worse? Global warming, said Confessore.

“In 2014, what is the gravest threat to civilization right now?” Scarborough asked NBC foreign correspondent Ayman Mohyeldin.

“I would not say any of those. I would not say that radical Islam is the greatest threat to civilization today,” said Mohyeldin.

Scarborough interjected, asking, “What is?”

“Global warming,” said Confessore.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/06/nyt-reporter-global-warming-not-isis-or-radical-islam-greatest-existential-threat-to-america-video/

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2782135/Could-CLIMATE-CHANGE-determine-sex-child-Warmer-temperatures-linked-rise-baby-girls-born.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So Global Warming is a girl's best friend. The feminists need to know that right now!  Cheesy

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

Stefan Molyneux has less credibility than a potato.

He is a cult leader wannabe. I won't get into it but will link to a video that does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN5OjzEfQmI&list=UUmb8hO2ilV9vRa8cilis88A

What about the dude who created greenpeace in this interview? That was my reason to post this video. Does that mean he is guilty by association and what he says has no value?

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

He is a cult leader wannabe. I won't get into it but will link to a video that does.

My response to thunderfoot in the comments section:

I agree with a lot of your criticisms of stefan here. He is indeed dishonest and manipulative in his never ending pursuit of more status. But you make so many mistakes in the process of showing what a bad person he is that its hard to watch. You arnt even addressing his points. Ill give you an example.

Stefan says people who advocate socialized medicine advocate you being shot for disagreeing with them. Stefans statement here is a priori true. If you decline to pay for their medical services than they advocate you being arrested, and if you defend yourself against the governments attempt to cease your person they will probably shoot you, but if not than they will taze you or something similar, and if you defend yourself against that than they absolutely will shoot you. Notice that this is value neutral. It makes no claim about whether socialized medicine is a good thing or not. It does not at all follow from stefan's true statement that socialized medicine is a bad thing. Sometimes threatening to shoot people is a good thing. Ill do it right now, if i ever catch you in the process of raping someone i will shoot you. Perfectly valid.

The problem here is that instead of explaining why its false, or explaining why its a good thing that its true, you just rephrase the description of the arrangement using nice sounding words like rule of law and democracy and "the people". Not only is this sort of language less precise and so less effective at describing the arrangement in question, its the worst sort of emotional manipulation. Dare i say on the level of stefan himself? No i wont go that far. But its not significantly better.

Love the channel by the way. This one may have been difficult to sit through but i will certainly be back for the next. Smiley
Activity: 1492
Merit: 763
Life is a taxable event

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
I am not climate change denier, but the fact that meteorologists and scientists, can NOT answer, why they were Ice ages and Warm ages makes me wonder...
I have it from a good source that someone is going to go to Reddit on the climate change forum and post that Bitcointalk.org has been making fun of them for a year.

Nice, because we, in bitcointalk, know... Grin
legendary
I am not climate change denier, but the fact that meteorologists and scientists, can NOT answer, why they were Ice ages and Warm ages makes me wonder...
I have it from a good source that someone is going to go to Reddit on the climate change forum and post that Bitcointalk.org has been making fun of them for a year.

Activity: 595
Merit: 500
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

Climate Change May Kill More Than Ebola, U.K. Doctors Say

Climate change may kill many more people than the Ebola virus, a group of U.K. doctors said ....
I know one thing.  And that's that docs bitching about "climate change" are sitting on their fat behinds in smug conceit, while some others are out actually confronting Ebola patients.

They want to be ready for all those deaths from the upcoming climate change. They need to have their muscles relaxed to a max now, just in case...

legendary

Climate change may kill many more people than the Ebola virus, a group of U.K. doctors said ....
I know one thing.  And that's that docs bitching about "climate change" are sitting on their fat behinds in smug conceit, while some others are out actually confronting Ebola patients.
legendary
Kinda OT:

WTF is a social scientist? that sounds like a bunch of .....

Is it a bunch of people who take a bunch of Psych. classes and surf facebook and read blogs all day?  I want to know what qualifies someone as a social scientist.

A "social scientist" in this context would be one of the many people who are paid, typically by governments, to tailor the lies promulgated regarding climate change, the advertising messages and the narrative.  In order to have the broadest effect.  Essentially this amounts to paid propagandists. 

So more often than not, when I pick through one of the arguments splashed into the news media, I am simply deconstructing spin and propaganda.  Behind that are some actual facts, which may or may not be true, but which typically don't have much to do with the presented imagery and or the intended effect on audiences.

Climate change, actually is a treasure trove of propagandic methods and techniques.  I guess that's why it interests me.  I don't find the scientific issues hard to understand.

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Kinda OT:

WTF is a social scientist? that sounds like a bunch of .....

Is it a bunch of people who take a bunch of Psych. classes and surf facebook and read blogs all day?  I want to know what qualifies someone as a social scientist.

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

Social Scientists Say They Have Discovered A Way To Brainwash Conservatives Into Believing Global Warming Is Real…

Last week’s People’s Climate March drew 400,000 people onto the streets of Manhattan and a great deal of international attention to a subject of dire urgency. But some were skeptical about the event’s overall significance. “The march slogan was, ‘to change everything, we need everyone,’ which is telling, because it won’t change everything, because it didn’t include everyone,” wrote David Roberts of Grist. “Specifically, it won’t change American politics because it didn’t include conservatives.” True enough.

If there weren’t such a stark divide between American conservatives and almost everyone else on the question of the existence and importance of climate change — a divide that can approach 40 points on some polling questions — the political situation would be very different. So if any progress on climate change is going to be made through the American political system — apart from executive orders by Democratic presidents — it is going to have to somehow involve convincing a lot of conservatives that yes, climate change is a threat to civilization.

How do you do that? The answer has more to do with psychology than politics.

The practice of tailoring a political message to a particular group is commonplace, of course. But the climate activist community has broadly failed to understand just how differently conservatives and liberals see the world on certain issues, and, as a result, just how radically different messages targeting conservatives should look. [...]

In a larger context, social scientists have shown in laboratory settings that there are ways to discuss climate change that nudge conservatives toward recognizing the issue. Research is proceeding along a few different tracks. One of them involves moral foundations theory, a hot idea in political psychology that basically argues that people holding different political beliefs arrive at those beliefs because they have different moral values (even if there’s plenty of overlap). Liberals tend to be more moved by the idea of innocent people being harmed than conservatives, for example, while conservatives are more likely to react to notions of disgust (some of the conservative rhetoric over immigration reflects this difference).

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2014/09/how-to-convince-conservatives-on-climate-change.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wonder what will happen to all of those not "compatible with the psychological reprogramming process"...

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

Climate change may kill many more people than the Ebola virus, a group of U.K. doctors said in a call for the World Health Organization to declare the issue a public emergency.

Burning fossil fuels causes about 7 million premature deaths from indoor and outdoor air pollution, according to the BMJ, a medical journal owned by the British Medical Association. While the WHO has shown leadership on climate change, it has stopped short of declaring a public health emergency, said Editor-in-Chief Fiona Godlee.

“This may be understandable with Ebola raging, but it is what WHO should now do,” she said in an editorial. “Deaths from Ebola infection, tragic and frightening though they are, will pale into insignificance when compared with the mayhem we can expect for our children and grandchildren if the world does nothing to check its carbon emissions.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-10-01/climate-change-may-kill-more-than-ebola-u-k-doctors-say.html

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
happy bday to all you retard deniers and climate free smugglers Grin

Thank you! You are always welcome here. No matter your superiority complex Grin

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
happy bday to all you retard deniers and climate free smugglers Grin
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

Global Warming Claims Another Victim… Gravity…

Gravity—yes, gravity—is the latest victim of climate change in Antarctica. That’s the stunning conclusion announced Friday by the European Space Agency.

“The loss of ice from West Antarctica between 2009 and 2012 caused a dip in the gravity field over the region,” writes the ESA, whose GOCE satellite measured the change. Apparently, melting billions of tons of ice year after year has implications that would make even Isaac Newton blanch. Here’s the data visualized.

It reminds me of those first images of the ozone hole, decades ago.

To be fair, the change in gravity is very small. It’s not like you’ll float off into outer space on your next vacation to the Antarctic Peninsula.

The biggest implication is the new measurements confirm global warming is changing the Antarctic in fundamental ways. Earlier this year, a separate team of scientists announced that major West Antarctic glaciers have begun an “unstoppable” “collapse,” committing global sea levels to a rise of several meters over the next few hundred years.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2014/09/29/antarctic_ice_melt_causes_small_shift_in_gravity.html

I'm going to cite one fact in opposition to a silly article, Willikon.

GRACE gravitational-recovery satellites showed sea-level falling from 2003-2009 (Cazenave et al., 2009).

Now it happens that gravitational measurements are incredibly sensitive.  

But your writers didn't shout "Sea Levels are Falling, Not Rising!"

Nope.  They spun the subject around to make it sound frightening.  But it's the exact reverse.....

When lying is endemic in science (or in reporting of science), we've got serious problems.  But they are problems in malfunctioning human brains, not in Gaia.

Things are somewhat improving though.  This article published in Science suggests dropping the "Global Temperature" unscientific measure for assessing "climate change."

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/10/01/wow-nature-article-suggests-ditch-the-2-c-warming-goal/

As I have previously commented a "global temperature" is not calculable and frankly, does not exist.  Yet multiple trillion dollar public policies are being crammed at populations based on these propagated myths. 

It is clear the people behind pushing this propaganda left science behind a long long time ago. It is all political now and this is what this thread is trying point out, with the words the people pushing the agenda...

...For the past year!  Grin

Happy Birthday To You Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers Thread!

Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin

Jump to: