Pages:
Author

Topic: Religion of Peace? Why Religion At All - page 2. (Read 862 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 284
November 13, 2019, 11:59:19 AM

God gave us all free choice,

If God really gave us the freedom of choice, why'd He have to make Jesus exist? If we really are entitled to our own choice/decision then what's the point of Him? Is God afraid that His people would disobey Him? So he created Jesus, His son, to be sacrificed, so that He can enforce His people to worship Him? If the only right thing to do is to worship Him? That's some God's plan right there. Not to mention, "a freedom of choice" indeed. What's the point of life then.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
November 13, 2019, 08:26:05 AM
God gave Judas freedom to make his own decisions.

Whether or not he can make his own decisions is moot though.
The point is that an all-knowing God is aware of exactly what circumstances Judas will face, and exactly what decisions he will take. And this follows for everyone, not just Judas.

Whoever goes to hell does so purely because God made them so that they would.

God gave us all free choice, so we would make our own decision for Heaven or Hell. Since He wants us to go to Heaven, if we choose Heaven, He will reinforce it in us. What does this have to do with the fact that God knows everything? You are saying two opposites at the same time. You are saying that people can make their own decisions, but that God made their decisions for them.

In addition, have you ever watched a good movie more than once? If you did, why? You already knew the outcome.

Is there anything in your life that you know all about? But you set it aside because you are focusing on something else. While God is different than we are, you can see that just knowing all about something doesn't mean you have to focus on every aspect of it all the time.

Cool
Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
November 13, 2019, 02:22:16 AM
God gave Judas freedom to make his own decisions.

Whether or not he can make his own decisions is moot though.
The point is that an all-knowing God is aware of exactly what circumstances Judas will face, and exactly what decisions he will take. And this follows for everyone, not just Judas.

Whoever goes to hell does so purely because God made them so that they would.
legendary
November 12, 2019, 01:43:33 PM
Judas betrayed, for money.
Judas repented only in mental thinking, not in salvation thinking,
Judas committed suicide.
Some hero.

Judas betrayed, for money, because God made him that way.
Judas repented only in mental thinking, not in salvation thinking, because God made him that way.
Judas committed suicide because God made him that way.

So Judas was condemned to hell from the moment of his birth, without any chance to redeem himself? If he didn't betray Jesus then he would have gone against God''s plan. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

God is countless magnitudes of every form of power and weakness ahead of us than we are above microbes.

This can't be the answer to every question though.

God gave Judas freedom to make his own decisions. God made him the way he was, because people are so weak that they cannot do anything on their own. People make their decisions, and God carries out the activities of their decisions. Since this was the way things were set up from the beginning, God would have to sin by doing the wrong that wrong decisions of mankind made Him do. This is why Jesus, who was both man and God, had to take the punishment for all mankind, including death. Since Jesus's death and suffering was a thing that God set up, God was doing only good and right in all of it. He proved this by raising Jesus from the dead.

Why might anyone think that God's greatness over mankind WASN'T the answer to everything? But if you look closely, you will see that there are other answers as well. You keep limiting your view to tininess just so you can justify yourself by trying to prove that there is no God who you are sinning against.

Cool
November 12, 2019, 12:27:00 PM
Judas committed suicide.
Some hero.

Judas betrayed, for money, because God made him that way.
Judas repented only in mental thinking, not in salvation thinking, because God made him that way.
Judas committed suicide because God made him that way.

So Judas was condemned to hell from the moment of his birth, without any chance to redeem himself? If he didn't betray Jesus then he would have gone against God''s plan. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

God is countless magnitudes of every form of power and weakness ahead of us than we are above microbes.

This can't be the answer to every question though.
legendary
November 12, 2019, 10:40:42 AM
Bit of a digression, but shouldn't Judas be a huge hero to Christians? I don't understand how he's portayed as this monstrous evil figure.
If God's plan was that Jesus be sacrified, that Jesus surrender himself for man's sins, then didn't Judas do the same thing? Not only was he helping Jesus in his quest to be crucified, but he (Judas) also paid terribly for his 'crime'... and with God foreseeing that all this would happen, God having made Judas in such a way that he would be 100% guaranteed to 'betray' Jesus. Shouldn't Judas be revered as a Christian martyr?

Judas committed suicide.
Some hero.

Just because God knows what will happen, doesn't mean He allows Himself to be aware of every aspect His own knowledge all the time. God had a timing plan for Jesus. It is even said, where the Jews did not capture Jesus because "His time had not come." God is so great that He doesn't need to know something to keep his plans from being thwarted.

All that we know about God is from God either building the knowledge into us, or from revelation directly from God. God is countless magnitudes of every form of power and weakness ahead of us than we are above microbes.

Cool
November 12, 2019, 02:07:27 AM
Bit of a digression, but shouldn't Judas be a huge hero to Christians? I don't understand how he's portayed as this monstrous evil figure.
If God's plan was that Jesus be sacrified, that Jesus surrender himself for man's sins, then didn't Judas do the same thing? Not only was he helping Jesus in his quest to be crucified, but he (Judas) also paid terribly for his 'crime'... and with God foreseeing that all this would happen, God having made Judas in such a way that he would be 100% guaranteed to 'betray' Jesus. Shouldn't Judas be revered as a Christian martyr?
legendary
November 11, 2019, 08:02:08 PM

Jesus is the Son of God. He live a perfect life as a man, and being God, He was strong enough to take all the punishment for all mankind, including death. Since He did this, and then offered the salvation He won to all mankind, the rest of it is simply technicalities. The first and major technicality is faith in Jesus.

The embracing of Jesus salvation starts happening after the judgment. All we need in this life is faith.

Cool

If Jesus is the son of God, keep in mind that God is Jew, and because Marie (Jesus's mother) is a Jew, then  Jesus is a Jew (an actual historical true fact).
All of Jesus's "children" are Jew too (technically the Jew religion is passed through the mother... but let's no go this way ).
Conclusion :
All the Christians are Jew.

Other way to see it, God created all beings.
God is Jew, hence all beings are Jew. 

So how does it work ? Are Christian-Jews still accepted to heaven ?
Is heaven Jew ?
So many questions....  Cool

Except that the New Testament record shows that Gentiles were Christian without becoming Jewish. In fact, in the Acts of the Apostles, St. Paul and Barnabas distinctly went to the leaders of the early church - Peter and the other apostles - and received a ruling from them that Gentiles didn't have to follow Jewish laws, but were still able to become Christians.

God is perfect. But if you look throughout the O.T., you see the many ways that the Jews fell from perfection... even up to the point where God had to destroy them for their disobedience. Jesus in the part of Him that is God, never was a Jew.

True Christians will make it to Heaven, no matter what else they are. A true Christian will never act 100% bad. There will always be recognizable good in him. But if his faith is becoming weak, God will do what it takes to keep him from completely falling out of faith. However, a Christian can fight God's correction enough that he loses his faith to the point that he is no longer saved. If this happens, he will never be able to be brought back to saving faith again. It's in the Bible.

Cool

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1693
C.D.P.E.M
November 11, 2019, 07:33:41 PM

Jesus is the Son of God. He live a perfect life as a man, and being God, He was strong enough to take all the punishment for all mankind, including death. Since He did this, and then offered the salvation He won to all mankind, the rest of it is simply technicalities. The first and major technicality is faith in Jesus.

The embracing of Jesus salvation starts happening after the judgment. All we need in this life is faith.

Cool

If Jesus is the son of God, keep in mind that God is Jew, and because Marie (Jesus's mother) is a Jew, then  Jesus is a Jew (an actual historical true fact).
All of Jesus's "children" are Jew too (technically the Jew religion is passed through the mother... but let's no go this way ).
Conclusion :
All the Christians are Jew.

Other way to see it, God created all beings.
God is Jew, hence all beings are Jew. 

So how does it work ? Are Christian-Jews still accepted to heaven ?
Is heaven Jew ?
So many questions....  Cool
legendary
November 11, 2019, 07:12:12 PM
<...>

So in short, "Jesus-Salvation" is like a function, that the God coded so that he wouldn't worry when filtering out people from believers to non-believers. Then what's this quote in the bibble where "God treats/sees all of His children equally"? Can you explain what does this exactly implies?

IIRC, God created "everything", and when I say everything, I mean "every single thing". Then why did He created Hell? Why(?) so that in case people don't love him back you're gonna kiss your soul goodbye? So much for a "loving" God if you ask me. Now you might misunderstand and might brand me as an anti-Christ (then again, who are you to judge), but what I simply want is to understand it. Not to mention "Demons", what's the purpose of those? Does God really love "everything" He created so much that he just simply created a place (Hell) just for them? Then, what about the people that have been influenced by these creatures?

Another thing, if what God really wants is for people to worship/adore/believe Him, then why bother creating Humans if some of them would just disobey Him? What does "living" really mean then(?), if right from to the start you are to dedicate yourself to Him after all? Wouldn't it just be good to just not exist in the first place? Why bother finding ones-self?

If people of any other religion believe in Jesus-salvation, they are Christians, in addition to whatever else they believe in. If they believe in Jesus, and also believe in something that contradicts Jesus, God will have to decide what the true direction of their faith really is.

IIRC, you don't just have to "believe" in Jesus-Salvation. You need to embrace it as well, so how would you do that exactly?

The term "Jesus-salvation" might be like a function. But Jesus salvation is this. God didn't make mankind because He didn't care. God wanted mankind to exist righteously, for His own purposes.

The only way mankind could remain after they had destroyed their own perfection, was if someone strong enough could take all the punishment that was due to mankind for their imperfection they had gotten themselves into, would take it. This included taking death for all people.

Cool
legendary
November 11, 2019, 07:05:16 PM
Do Catholics with coeliac disease go to hell because they can't take communion? Because they are literally allergic to the body of Christ. So they are all devils, right?  Wink

Faith saves, not communion or lack of it. If they have faith in Jesus salvation, and in good faith think that their disease prohibits them from taking communion, their faith saves them.

The interesting thing is that any Christian can call any other Christian to serve him communion. If the other accepts the call, communion can be served by any Christian.

Cool
November 11, 2019, 02:13:52 PM
Another thing, if what God really wants is for people to worship/adore/believe Him, then why bother creating Humans if some of them would just disobey Him?

Yes. If God made everything, if he made me as I am and he made the way I think, and he did the same for everyone, then...

There are some people (e.g., me) who will never believe in God, and even if God is proven to exist I will still refuse to worship him.
But "God" made me this way. He made me so that I would never believe in him and never worship him.
When he made me, he knew that he was condemning me to hell, because he is omnipotent and omniscient and he knows everything I am and exactly how I will act in every circumstance.

Disclaimer: I am neither an anti-Christ nor a worshiper.

Firstly, I said that I am not an anti (after all, they can do whatever they want), because some of the teachings in the Bible are indeed enlightening--then again, what I don't like about Religion is, the leaders, popes, pastors, saints, whatever, they tend to derail the supposedly "true" message, meaning behind it. If "history" doesn't teach you about Religion then I don't know what is.

And secondly, I am not a worshipper, even if I said that some teachings in the Bible are enlightening, I still have doubts. As "language" is indeed a "barrier", I do not trust the translations of the "Bibble" that we now know today. Is it really accurate? IIRC, "The Bible" (the legitimate one) is on a museum (don't @ me on this). And the legitimate content of it remains a mystery. Because as I come to age, I suddenly thought about the "bibble" we knew is another manipulative (a hoax) strategy of a certain organization that wants control over peoples' beliefs.

This is a part of why some people (e.g., me) think that if God exists, then he is pure evil.

This reminds me of a show called "The Saga of Tanya the Evil". The show has indeed tackled a number of points towards this "mighty, highly" being called God.
November 11, 2019, 01:21:06 PM
Another thing, if what God really wants is for people to worship/adore/believe Him, then why bother creating Humans if some of them would just disobey Him?

Yes. If God made everything, if he made me as I am and he made the way I think, and he did the same for everyone, then...

There are some people (e.g., me) who will never believe in God, and even if God is proven to exist I will still refuse to worship him.
But "God" made me this way. He made me so that I would never believe in him and never worship him.
When he made me, he knew that he was condemning me to hell, because he is omnipotent and omniscient and he knows everything I am and exactly how I will act in every circumstance.

This is a part of why some people (e.g., me) think that if God exists, then he is pure evil.
November 11, 2019, 12:57:21 PM
<...>

So in short, "Jesus-Salvation" is like a function, that the God coded so that he wouldn't worry when filtering out people from believers to non-believers. Then what's this quote in the bibble where "God treats/sees all of His children equally"? Can you explain what does this exactly implies?

IIRC, God created "everything", and when I say everything, I mean "every single thing". Then why did He created Hell? Why(?) so that in case people don't love him back you're gonna kiss your soul goodbye? So much for a "loving" God if you ask me. Now you might misunderstand and might brand me as an anti-Christ (then again, who are you to judge), but what I simply want is to understand it. Not to mention "Demons", what's the purpose of those? Does God really love "everything" He created so much that he just simply created a place (Hell) just for them? Then, what about the people that have been influenced by these creatures?

Another thing, if what God really wants is for people to worship/adore/believe Him, then why bother creating Humans if some of them would just disobey Him? What does "living" really mean then(?), if right from to the start you are to dedicate yourself to Him after all? Wouldn't it just be good to just not exist in the first place? Why bother finding ones-self?

If people of any other religion believe in Jesus-salvation, they are Christians, in addition to whatever else they believe in. If they believe in Jesus, and also believe in something that contradicts Jesus, God will have to decide what the true direction of their faith really is.

IIRC, you don't just have to "believe" in Jesus-Salvation. You need to embrace it as well, so how would you do that exactly?

November 11, 2019, 12:41:36 PM
Do Catholics with coeliac disease go to hell because they can't take communion? Because they are literally allergic to the body of Christ. So they are all devils, right?  Wink
legendary
November 11, 2019, 12:07:58 PM
And also, Jew, Muslim and Christian all believe in Jesus Christ, and the same God (The same way BTC, BSV and BCH all refers to Satoshi Nakamoto as the first person to initiate their blockchain.  )

So the jew and the Muslim will also go to paradise (along side with the Christians)... On the other hand, The Hindu, The Buddhist and the Taoist will go to Hell ... I feel bad for the Dalai Lama  Huh

Yes, exactly. Plus what about the people who would believe in Jesus, but haven't heard of him - not just uncontacted human tribes in the depths of the Amazon, but what about babies who die in infancy?

In the Gospels in the Bible, Jesus says that unless we become like little children, we won't make it to Heaven. Since faith in Jesus salvation is the only way, how can little children believe in something that they have never heard of? Here's how.

When God gave the authority for the whole universe over to Jesus - as spoken about in a reasonable number of places in the Bible - the authority wasn't limited to the time of Jesus. It covered the whole space-time continuum. So, it is Jesus Who is putting people together in their mommies' tummies. Since the only thing that a little child knows is Jesus (even though the child doesn't know how to express it), the child knows Jesus better than all the adults, who all have forgotten their original Jesus-experience, and filled their minds and spirits with the things of their adulthood.

Cool
November 11, 2019, 02:44:31 AM
And also, Jew, Muslim and Christian all believe in Jesus Christ, and the same God (The same way BTC, BSV and BCH all refers to Satoshi Nakamoto as the first person to initiate their blockchain.  )

So the jew and the Muslim will also go to paradise (along side with the Christians)... On the other hand, The Hindu, The Buddhist and the Taoist will go to Hell ... I feel bad for the Dalai Lama  Huh

Yes, exactly. Plus what about the people who would believe in Jesus, but haven't heard of him - not just uncontacted human tribes in the depths of the Amazon, but what about babies who die in infancy?
legendary
November 10, 2019, 05:34:44 PM
On the other hand, The Hindu, The Buddhist and the Taoist will go to Hell ... I feel bad for the Dalai Lama  Huh

If you feel so bad for the Dalai Lama, why aren't you out there trying to convert him?

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1693
C.D.P.E.M
November 10, 2019, 05:03:02 PM

You got it, man... with certain explanation reservations.

If the first act that the guy does is his good one, and he lives a normal life to age 90, the bad acts will destroy his faith.

Jesus took the destruction punishment for all people. That's why anybody can have faith in Jesus-salvation.

Jesus, being the Son of God, had the strength to arise from death, so that He can give life to all people.

Unbelief is essentially rejection of salvation. The unbeliever will have the life that Jesus won for him. But that life will be away from God, as the unbeliever wishes. Where else for the eternal life of the unbeliever to exist?, but in the destruction of this universe where everything that is wrong will be destroyed... though that destruction takes forever. Eternal destruction for the unbeliever by his own wish.

Cool

Are we talking about the brown Arab Jesus, born from jew parents (Marie was jew, and god is Jew + Joseph was also Jew) in a Arab/jew country that speak a mix of Yiddish and Arabic ? 
 Jesus was not white, didn't have blue eyes and didn't speak Italian.

legendary
November 10, 2019, 09:40:21 AM
St. Paul tells us that whatever doesn't come from faith is sin. That means that if an unbeliever in Jesus-salvation makes only one mistake, he is lost because nothing that he does comes from faith. Even the good things are all sin.

Conversely, if a believer in Jesus-salvation does only one good thing in his whole life, Jesus took the punishment for all those sins he did. All that's left is the one good thing. The good thing is done in faith because he is a believer. So he is saved by faith.

So:
Someone who does good for 99.99% of his life but doesn't believe in Jesus goes to hell.
Someone who does bad for 99.99% of his life but does believe in Jesus goes to heaven.

So someone can commit all kinds of horrible acts throughout their life, but one good act at the end redeems them? Assuming that act is made in good faith as they suddenly see the light?

You got it, man... with certain explanation reservations.

If the first act that the guy does is his good one, and he lives a normal life to age 90, the bad acts will destroy his faith.

Jesus took the destruction punishment for all people. That's why anybody can have faith in Jesus-salvation.

Jesus, being the Son of God, had the strength to arise from death, so that He can give life to all people.

Unbelief is essentially rejection of salvation. The unbeliever will have the life that Jesus won for him. But that life will be away from God, as the unbeliever wishes. Where else for the eternal life of the unbeliever to exist?, but in the destruction of this universe where everything that is wrong will be destroyed... though that destruction takes forever. Eternal destruction for the unbeliever by his own wish.

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: