Pages:
Author

Topic: remove thread - page 3. (Read 31183 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
February 06, 2014, 02:02:24 PM
I also received my ORBs from Mad_Max on my Cryptsy account, everything went smooth as silk Wink.
Thanks
Activity: 499
Merit: 500
February 06, 2014, 12:27:05 PM
I also have received ORB from Mad_Max via Cryptsy.  Exchange went smooth and quick.

Thanks Mad_Max!
Activity: 6
February 06, 2014, 10:11:07 AM
I received my ORBs from Mad_Max on my Cryptsy account too. It's works! Thanks  Cool
Activity: 444
Merit: 250
Life is a bitch, get used to it...
February 06, 2014, 07:26:42 AM
I just received my ORBs from Mad_Max on my Cryptsy account, everything went smooth.
Thanks Wink
Activity: 894
Merit: 1001
February 05, 2014, 12:44:18 AM
You can provide Cryptsy Trade Key (can be found at "Dashboard" tab after logging into account) instead.
I will transfer coins directly to your Cryptsy account via this key. (it is receive only address so it is safe to pass it to other users, but probable better do it in  PMs/e-mails)
It is a best option if you want continue to use my 1.3.2 for now (for mining until new official ver with fixed PoW) as it is not compatible with 1.3.0  and attempts to run both in parallel will lead to lost of connectivity with network (your IP will be banned by any official ver for using 1.3.2 and banned my 1.3.2 clients for using official ver)
Activity: 444
Merit: 250
Life is a bitch, get used to it...
February 04, 2014, 03:12:49 AM
If i send you my wallet.dat, do i need to install ver.1.3.0 of ORB and provide you a new adresss where you will send the converted ORBs??
February 03, 2014, 09:43:52 PM
Yes, we pass block #475000 already so time to start exchanges of coin mined in my ver to official chain.
Remember - i exchange only coins mined before block #47500 (or 2 Feb 2014). Other coins mined later is TheRedMist (official ORB dev) responsibility - about terms and conditions have to ask him (on cryptocointalk.com).

About sending wallets.dat
You can upload it to any online storage (better encrypt by build-in client function  before upload  if wallet not already encrypted) and provide link + pass via Pms
or you can sent to my e-mail: ammar_net{some dogs here}mail.ru
Or even more secure: link(or file itself) by one channel and encryptions password by another
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
February 03, 2014, 11:23:53 AM
Pool opened on 1.3.2 wallet version
orb-mm.blocksolved.com
Features
  • Stratum
  • Variable difficulty
  • Proportional payout system
  • 2% fee
68 blocks mined so far without any problems
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
February 02, 2014, 07:23:45 AM
We're past 475k now, so how do we securely send you wallet.dat and reedem our ORB? Smiley
January 31, 2014, 02:30:52 PM
Yes. main part is 15 000 coins from old/official chain which i already got from TheRedMist to offer all miners from my fork to exchange miner coins from sidechain to coins from original/official chain 1:1.
This covers any coins in my version mined from its launch (at January 10, I post my version earlier but it started to work only after the block 412300 what happened at January 10) and to the point of 15,000 coins total what will be reached around the end of February 1 / early February 2.

Of course your few hundred of already mined ORBs also included as any other miners coins.

About "send wallet" yes it about send the wallet.dat file itself from new ver to me/T R M.
In 2 cases it is safe:
- if it was used only with any of my versions (coins contained in them are no any other use except getting refund as my fork will be closed soon)
- if it used with old official version, but does not contain any significant amounts of "old" coins from official chain (zero or just too little to worry about its safety). just need start new wallet later after return to official ver (this make all private keys stored in wallet.dat you send to me useless) and withdraw coins from exchanges to this new wallet after upgrade to new official ver (when PoW mining will start working in official chain)

It is fast and simplest way to check/proof what you actually mining at my fork and how much was mined. - i(or redmist) will just lunch client with such wallet.dat and all needed info easily accessible both via standard QT GUI and command line (dump list of all transactions)

"Send the coins to you (via your fork)" it is possible variant too, but it is more long and labor intensive way - as we will need check raw transactions about all its inputs first to be sure about you sending only coins mined in my ver (as my ver based on SAME blockchain before block #412300 it is possible to send any coins collected in old official ver before fork too and get it doubled - get refund from me/RedMist and keep original coins after my fork will be closed in same time)

And for it we need working block explorer first and no any running/online now. So we will need set up own block explorer first to do such checks and prevent cheating with refunds...

I can do such things (but do not want spend lot extra time on it) but not sure about RedMist - is he will able do such checks via blockchain at all? (for coins >15k / after 2 Feb)

Hope this explains why i want whole wallet.dat and not just sent coins for my address.
BTW - i will sent coins from wallet.dat you sent to me to own adress too - to ensure this wallet.dat will not be used for refund later again.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
January 31, 2014, 10:41:51 AM
It's 1:30am here so I'm trying to get my head around this... the agreement includes 15000 ORB to provide a 1:1 transfer of coins mined on the M_M fork?

I have a few hundred ORB so I wouldn't mind getting in on that.

What do you mean by "send wallet" - do you mean send the coins to you (via your fork), or literally send the wallet.dat file to you?
January 31, 2014, 04:51:31 AM
It's greate news! Thx Mad_max!
January 30, 2014, 10:30:13 PM
One big request to all miners who is just now starting mining on my fork - please do not use for mining purses (wallet.dat) that you used earlier in the official version.

Start/create new  instead - it's will be much faster and easier later to exchange this new coins for coins from official chain - in this case, you can simply send new wallet.dat to me or to TheRedMist entirely (without sending transactions and our manual scan of blockchain and history of coins which you send) + as a bonus, you save on commissions (they relative big in Orbitcoin if you send coins collected from many small transactions , such as the type formed by Mining - many transactions 0.25 coins each)

2nd important note
I will exchange coins from my fork to coins from official chain only up to point where 15000 coins mined. Counting from point of fork at block #412300.
And this point is close already: we now at this position:
Code:
new best=0000002158551f7f5fbc98f544041200ff0c0b7c40d9828d321043250256b11c  height=468548  trust=20776990685  date=31.01.2014 01:54:33
So already 468548 - 412300 = 56248 blocks mined at my fork
It includes around 2-3 thousands PoS blocks with zero reward and all other is PoW blocks 0.25 coins each
So already near 54000*0.25 = 13500 coins mined, 1500 coins to go - its near 2 days / 50 hours only left
Let set block #475000 as separator for example (= ~ start of the day/night of 2nd Feb at GMT/UTC clock)

I will exchange only blocks mined before this point.
After this point is a TheRedMist area of ​​responsibility (he promised to continue to exchange coins mined in my version until the mining start working in the official version) I can not guarantee that all goes well, I am responsible only for a segment from block #412300 to #475000 (or from 10 Jan to 1/2 Feb)

So i highly recommend to do one thing - if you mining now(from beginning of my fork or just starting now) and plan continue after #475000, please start new wallet after #475000. If somebody do not know how - it is simple:
- close running client (it will stop solomining too of course)
- remove wallet.dat from client data folder to another safe place
- start client again, it will create new empty wallet auto and continue ti mine

Later send first wallet to me for exchange. While 2nd (started after #475000) keep for exchange via TheRedMist at own risk.
I recommend to wait  block 475000 before sending wallets to me for exchange - to exchange all the coins from my part in one batch, is only 2 days with little remains to wait
I also recommend use cryptsy trade key to receive coins from me directly to your exchange account - with all this big mess with different versions of the clients not compatible to each over and blockchain forks  (currently 3 already, after the official patch will be 4) I think this is the safest way to transfer/store ORB for now...
January 30, 2014, 09:44:08 PM
IMPORTANT INFORMATION

I failed at negotiate with the exchanges about new ORB and accepting my version as new official. Sorry to all.
Moreover, I learned some interesting information - that they have not even updated to the version with the official patch (1.3.0) although this was given to them about 2 weeks of time for upgrade.
So if they even ignore / force to wait for weeks before response to official coin developer (and simultaneously holder of more than half of all outstanding coins), then of course they just do not pay any serious attention to the side developers and few ordinary users asking about upgrade/version change.
Seems just shitty exchanges for shitty  coins  Embarrassed

So instead I decided to conclude an agreement with TheRedMist (official developer of Orbitcoin). "Better a bad peace than a good war" after all
Full story can be found there: https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/3866-agreement-between-madmax-and-theredmist-made-public/
(TheRedMist even post all/complete history of our last conversations in PMs)

And short/most important part is here:
Your (TheRedMist) side
1. You transfer into my wallet 15000 ORB coins upfront.  tomorrow or 2 days for example before my work on fixing official ver

2. You promise to make every effort to ensure all needed  work to correct the official version of ORB, in particular to restore the PoW mining (actually this is the main and almost the only difference between my version of the official) as quickly as possible. By using patch similar to my, but with a delay start to allow time for exchanges move to it in advance.

3. If it will took too long (more >15000 coins will be mined on my fork, before restoration of PoW mining on official ver) you promise do exchanges of this new mined coins from my fork/blockchain to "old" coins from official chain at 1:1 ratio by yourself from own premine/over fund until PoW in official version/chain start working

My (Mad_Max) side
1. I do programming/testing on official github needed to help restore PoW mining in official version/chain

2. I will use coins received from you to exchange new mined coins from miner in my fork to coins in official fork until we pass 15к coins mined total from fork point (block #412300)

3. After i finish my part of exchanges I can sent this coins(in my fork/ver) to you (it is optional - just if you want check fact what i really collect all this new coins, if you do not like this - we can just skip this step, as after my ver stop work this coins will have no any value )

4. I will inform all user of my ver (on bitcointalk and in Pms if somebody ask me) about this agreement after you send coins to me and call users to return to official version after PoW mining resumes (note: but i can not force users to do such thing, so i can not guarantee what ALL users follow)

5. After official ver resume full normal work i will remove my version of Orbitcoin from own GitHub and other on-line storages (note - but some users can still keep local copy's)

So although formally my version lose and will not become official and will be closed relative soon, but all who chose it for mining (and it was a main difference from official) actually won! They will get exchange coins mined in my version to the coins from official chain at 1:1 ratio as if my version has become new official at the end. And you can continue mining on it until PoW really start working in official version/blockchain.

In next post i will give some additions and refinements. Read it before rushing to mining  Smiley
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
January 29, 2014, 07:05:34 AM
ORB is dead. Official version not working for ages, but official dev is relaxed. Exchanges do nothing (at least suspending exchanges until ORB gets really fixed), they don't bother that they are trading flawed coin. Unofficial version fork, say it ORB2, now in state of premining (not accepted on exchanges, official version still exist, but few people mine ORB2 in hope it will be accepted = premining), also ORB2 allows spend all coins from ORB, while ORB still exist! I don't think that ORB2 will become official as exchanges are simply ignoring situation and they will never accept coin that forked from 'official' weeks ago (hey, I've forked Bitcoin with my code modifications, creating BTC2, accept it ;-)).
January 27, 2014, 05:22:55 PM
Mad_Max, what exactly is being done to ensure that this chain has been recognized by the official?
What are the chances of it and how we can help?
I'm not going to publish all of my steps for now...

About help. These steps can be taken by anyone wanting to help (if someone do not know how perform one of the points - just skip it):
- install and use my version of client if you have not already done (it is 1.3.2, do not use any of my previous version because they are not compatible not with the my current chain not with official one. I deleted the online access to all prev versions, but someone could still have a local copy...) my recommendation also keep a backup of the old wallet.dat (used with the official version) and start using new empty wallet with the new client -  this will help prevent mixing of "old" and "new" coins and easier return back to the official version if you want to roll back later

- keep client running online while your computer is on

- open network port for incoming connections (port = 15298) if you use any firewall software and add port forwarding rule to computer where client is running if use any home routers (split one Internet connection for few computer / other devices). this help improve connectivity of network and avoid problem with sync - number of new clients running 24/7 with open ports is still low for good reliable connectivity

- post ticket/e-mail to administration of exchanges with request on own behalf that you also want to use new client/chain on exchange instead of the old official. I have already sent such the request to both exchanges where ORB traded (cryptsy.com and coins-e.com) long ago. But i need to be supported by other users to show there they want to use at exchange my updated client instead of the broken official too, and it is not just only my wish.
So send a message (via tickets or email) with such a request on own behalf. You can refer to my ticket #62004 on cryptsy (where I gave a detailed account of the situation to administration) or to this thread in you message to shorten your request

- try to mine some coins as option (not really needed). no need to throw in large hashing power - pointing just one GPU to ORB is enough. And difficulty is still low so you can mine solo without a pool even with one average GPU

I no need any other help for now (except that only make more hours in the day but I doubt that someone can help with this  Grin )
January 27, 2014, 04:50:32 PM
Mad_Max's offer to buy ORB from his 'unofficial' chain does sound interesting. As he said, it's high risk... if Cryptsy decides to adopt that chain, the coins will be instantly worth about 5X what he's offering, and the value will probably go up once people can start mining again. Conversely, if Cryptsy sticks with the original dev (I'm a bit hesitant to use the term 'dev' because I don't think TheRedMist is a programmer), your coins will be almost worthless.
High risk / high gain is only one of the options to choose, other option is low risk (almost zero) / low gain

- if somebody mine it (or buy it as i plan to do) and just wait than the whole situation over - he  choose "high risk / high gain" path - it is a high risk that at the end his coins are worth nothing, but if successful, will receive many times much more than put in it (money or hashing power)

- if somebody sell coins to me - he gets low (but fixed guaranteed) price right now without waiting and without risk. but loses the chance of winning big with the rejection of the risk

So I offer the choice. Before my offer only "high risk / high gain" variant was possible which not very popular among miners (but common for trader/investors)
Activity: 3
January 27, 2014, 02:15:51 PM
Alright madmax i will use your chain. I'm wondering what redmists intentions are, calling you names and so on.

I will mine this coin from time to time. Maybe we can revive it and will be adopted by cryptsy.
January 27, 2014, 08:03:36 AM

1 hour was found to block 144, of which my 54.
does not seem that this fork uses at least some popularity.  Sad
January 27, 2014, 07:29:40 AM
Mad_Max, what exactly is being done to ensure that this chain has been recognized by the official?
What are the chances of it and how we can help?
Pages:
Jump to: