Pages:
Author

Topic: [RESOLVED] Is CampBX a ripoff? - page 2. (Read 16188 times)

Activity: 502
Merit: 251
March 14, 2014, 06:39:42 PM
Geremia, this record is for "Whoisguard" company, which is an intermediary protector for the domain CampBX.com.  CampBX is based in Alpharetta, GA.

We have recovered all BTCs from D-DoS time and resolved those tickets in February.  Your issue may be something different and our sys admin will review and resolve it shortly. 
Ah, I see. thanks
Activity: 299
Merit: 250
March 13, 2014, 10:50:13 PM
From the whois database for "campbx.com":

Registrant Street: P.O. BOX 0823-03411
Registrant City: PANAMA
Registrant State/Province: PANAMA
Registrant Postal Code: NA
Registrant Country: PA
Registrant Phone: +507.8365503
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +51.17057182
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

Would anyone like to call long-distance to Panama?

Geremia, this record is for "Whoisguard" company, which is an intermediary protector for the domain CampBX.com.  CampBX is based in Alpharetta, GA.

We have recovered all BTCs from D-DoS time and resolved those tickets in February.  Your issue may be something different and our sys admin will review and resolve it shortly. 

March 13, 2014, 07:24:09 PM
From the whois database for "campbx.com":

Registrant Street: P.O. BOX 0823-03411
Registrant City: PANAMA
Registrant State/Province: PANAMA
Registrant Postal Code: NA
Registrant Country: PA
Registrant Phone: +507.8365503
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +51.17057182
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]

Would anyone like to call long-distance to Panama?
March 13, 2014, 07:19:12 PM
Is there a class action lawsuit against CampBX? I've seen on other threads here that people have lost tens of thousands to them.
March 13, 2014, 07:17:30 PM
Try coinbase.com
They are based in San Francisco
Yes, Coinbase is awesome, and they seem trustworthy. I've spoken to one of its employees before.
March 13, 2014, 07:16:49 PM
it's been 3+ months, and CampBX still hasn't "found" my "lost" BTC I sent them; it went "lost" because the transaction verified after the address they generated for me "expired". They said months ago they would "waive" the $150 "recovery fee" and find my missing BTC within 2 weeks, but then they went silent. They are a scam!
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
March 02, 2014, 12:03:01 PM
They haven't ripped me off.  I completed a USPS deposit, purchased BTC and withdrew to my account it took 5 days from the time I dropped the letter in the PO till I moved the 1.5 BTC to my wallet.  They don't seem to be able to solve people's issues in a timely manner though.  I believe the BTC market makers would benefit from an insurance of some sort - similar to SIPC [Securities Investor Protection Corporation] but independent from gov regulation.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
March 02, 2014, 02:35:17 AM
I have 3 ACH pending and I just saw this on their withdrawal page..

Our ACH and WIRE provider has made a business decision to not work with Bitcoins and Bitcoin companies due to regulatory uncertainty and recent spate of negative news for Bitcoins. We are working to find a replacement partner and resume these two services for our customers. In the meantime, please use alternate deposit or withdrawal methods available on CampBX.
 ­
All transfers that have not yet been processed by our ACH and WIRE provider will be refunded to your CampBX account before 5 PM EST on Saturday, February 1 2014. Our team will be working round the clock to ensure all refunds are processed correctly and on schedule.

All USD and BTC balances are accounted for. If you are in urgent need of funds, we recommend you to purchase Bitcoins and withdraw them to your personal wallet.
We will resume ACH and WIRE operations once we have a new partner on-board. We will update this page and our news feed as soon as we have additional information about a tangible implementation date.

What are alternatives to move BTC to USD in the US??

Try coinbase.com
They are based in San Francisco
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
February 01, 2014, 12:58:57 AM
I have 3 ACH pending and I just saw this on their withdrawal page..

Our ACH and WIRE provider has made a business decision to not work with Bitcoins and Bitcoin companies due to regulatory uncertainty and recent spate of negative news for Bitcoins. We are working to find a replacement partner and resume these two services for our customers. In the meantime, please use alternate deposit or withdrawal methods available on CampBX.
 ­
All transfers that have not yet been processed by our ACH and WIRE provider will be refunded to your CampBX account before 5 PM EST on Saturday, February 1 2014. Our team will be working round the clock to ensure all refunds are processed correctly and on schedule.

All USD and BTC balances are accounted for. If you are in urgent need of funds, we recommend you to purchase Bitcoins and withdraw them to your personal wallet.
We will resume ACH and WIRE operations once we have a new partner on-board. We will update this page and our news feed as soon as we have additional information about a tangible implementation date.

What are alternatives to move BTC to USD in the US??
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
January 31, 2014, 12:24:56 PM
Well they are very slow and Keyur had this** to say in an interview but yet no phone number is available to contact them and they are not responding to my tickets.

However, users aren’t the same as exchanges. Mithawala said an exchange has to be transparent, visible and credible: it has to be backed by people you can name and phone numbers you can call.

I believe my funds will be 'unlocked' but the delay is plain wrong at this point.

This is a quote from an interview found here:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/07/10/camp_bx_goes_live/

Did you try 510-545-3987 Huh
http://www.manta.com/c/mx3x6lq/bulbul-investments-llc

I called it 2 days ago and no answer or voicemail. I also tried emailing [email protected] and it bounced. I submitted a support ticket 2 days ago and nothing yet.

I've been converting my BTC to $s there since May and have had no problems for 16 withdrawals, until now. In the last 9 days I've made two ACH withdrawals to the same account as always and nothing. My credit union researched it from their side and called that phone # and learned nothing.

In short, this is red flags all over.

Agree with mrhelpful.
Good luck to all those affected.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
January 30, 2014, 09:39:27 PM
Well they are very slow and Keyur had this** to say in an interview but yet no phone number is available to contact them and they are not responding to my tickets.

However, users aren’t the same as exchanges. Mithawala said an exchange has to be transparent, visible and credible: it has to be backed by people you can name and phone numbers you can call.

I believe my funds will be 'unlocked' but the delay is plain wrong at this point.

I called it 2 days ago and no answer or voicemail. I also tried emailing [email protected] and it bounced. I submitted a support ticket 2 days ago and nothing yet.

I've been converting my BTC to $s there since May and have had no problems for 16 withdrawals, until now. In the last 9 days I've made two ACH withdrawals to the same account as always and nothing. My credit union researched it from their side and called that phone # and learned nothing.

In short, this is red flags all over.
Activity: 224
Merit: 104
January 30, 2014, 07:42:29 PM

I'd literally be pulling as much as I could out of there ASAP with this news, and another guy in service announcements forum said the same thing.
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
dfgfdgfdg
January 30, 2014, 04:34:07 PM

Activity: 3
December 13, 2013, 11:02:15 PM
I'm in shock by the phrase: 'Said that they removed $2500 and put it aside'
imagine that you go to bank and bank say - you very rich and in this case we put your money in our pockets.
Activity: 5
December 13, 2013, 10:17:09 PM
I did get a response on this (the ACH transfer) finally, Sonny V said there was a problem with the bank account number, and the balance would be back in my CampBX account in 5-7 business days. Good to know that there are responses sometimes. However still waiting, it's been a lot longer than 7 business days already. We shall see.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 19
December 12, 2013, 01:59:47 AM
I'm having a different problem with CampBX - can't get money out through ACH (Direct Deposit).
Anyone else having issues with ACH withdrawals?

1. I initiated an ACH withdrawl of 532.04 on 10-25-2013. Executed on the system at 18:03:42 (per the history).
2. Opened ticket number YXZ-251-46719 on 11-2-2013. Sonny V replied, said it should be close, please wait and closed the issue.
3. Wrote back, no response.
4. Opened ticket number TZK-127-99217 on 11-14-2013. Sonny V replied, said the treasurer will look into it. No acknowledgement or replies to any of my emails back though. No response since then.

It's now been 30 days with 532.04 missing.
Any advice on what to do next?

6 weeks for me and they're holding on to my $1,000 after cashing my money orders and claiming they never saw them. This is a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.
Activity: 1
November 26, 2013, 02:11:23 AM
Thanks
Activity: 5
November 26, 2013, 01:21:08 AM
I'm having a different problem with CampBX - can't get money out through ACH (Direct Deposit).
Anyone else having issues with ACH withdrawals?

1. I initiated an ACH withdrawl of 532.04 on 10-25-2013. Executed on the system at 18:03:42 (per the history).
2. Opened ticket number YXZ-251-46719 on 11-2-2013. Sonny V replied, said it should be close, please wait and closed the issue.
3. Wrote back, no response.
4. Opened ticket number TZK-127-99217 on 11-14-2013. Sonny V replied, said the treasurer will look into it. No acknowledgement or replies to any of my emails back though. No response since then.

It's now been 30 days with 532.04 missing.
Any advice on what to do next?

Activity: 19
November 08, 2013, 07:53:41 PM
I am currently having a similar issue with them at the moment. $1,000 in money orders (2 x $500) were deposited by them on 10/25 and were cashed by MoneyGram on 10/30. The money should have been credited to my account on the 10/29 (2 business days after the 10/25), but this has still not happened. According to the ticket replies, they cannot find the money orders in their bank records and therefore won't credit me the money - even though I have copies of the money orders with the deposit date, batch number, etc., showing that the deposit did occur. The money orders had everything necessary on them (username, name, address, etc.) in very legible handwriting as well.

At the moment, I am waiting for their bank (BofA) to do "research" to find the missing money orders. The problem is, according to various posts on this site, my case does not appear to be an isolated one, and that raises a huge red flag - bank deposits just don't disappear, even on an irregular basis, for the same bank customer.
Activity: 3
October 15, 2013, 12:35:41 AM
It has been 60 days since I had a dispute with CampBx which they claimed they never received my MO.  The USPS MO Inquiry shows that they not only received my MO but cashed as well.  When I went to their Facebook page and posted as well as place a ticket they told me it should be resolved by Monday.  I haven't received a response.  I've waited long enough for them to make things right.  The customer service is down right atrocious and has left me no choice but to file a BBB complaint against this company.  Just in case anyone is curious here is what BBB has report about them...

This Business is not BBB Accredited
Bulbul Investments LLC

(510) 545-398713010 Morris Rd Ste 600 Bldg 1, Alpharetta, GA 30004-5096https://campbx.com/

BBB® Non-Accredited F Rating

On a scale of A+ to F Reason for Rating

BBB Ratings System Overview

Reason for Rating

BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.

Factors that lowered Bulbul Investments LLC's rating include:

Failure to respond to 3 complaints filed against business.
    BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating.
    BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business. BBB made one or more requests for background information from the business. BBB has not received a response from this business and/or has not been able to verify information received from this business.

I hope that many will see this and use caution when dealing with this company
Pages:
Jump to: