Pages:
Author

Topic: [RESOLVED] Is CampBX a ripoff? - page 3. (Read 16188 times)

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3260
October 10, 2013, 09:53:05 PM
... I saw the Fox News article referenced in another thread.  In that article, it mentions the fact that CampBX registered with FinCEN.  Indeed, they did, but they are apparently not registered as a currency exchange.  Go here:
http://www.fincen.gov/financial_institutions/msb/msbstateselector.html.

Type in "bulbul" as the "Legal Name".  You'll see they are registered as:
    405       Seller of money orders
    408       Check casher
    409       Money transmitter
    499       Other

So, will they have issues operating a currency exchange when not registered using code:
    407       Currency dealer or exchanger

Seems like the last one is most important.

It looks to me like they registered correctly, as Bitcoin is not considered a currency by FinCEN.

FinCEN's regulations define currency (also referred to as "real" currency) as "the coin and paper money of the United States or of any other country that [ i ] is designated as legal tender and that [ ii ] circulates and [ iii ] is customarily used and accepted as a medium of exchange in the country of issuance.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 10, 2013, 07:19:28 PM
I tried (unsuccessfully) for over a month to get "verified".  I sent three inquiries asking about a status update, the most recent today.  I never heard anything, though a support ticket remains open.

Today, I decided to look to see if others have problems and I found this thread.  I also found where the BBB gave Bulbul an F rating: http://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-reviews/business-services-general/bulbul-investments-in-alpharetta-ga-27474482

Apparently, Bulbul will not respond to BBB inquiries, either.

I saw the Fox News article referenced in another thread.  In that article, it mentions the fact that CampBX registered with FinCEN.  Indeed, they did, but they are apparently not registered as a currency exchange.  Go here:
http://www.fincen.gov/financial_institutions/msb/msbstateselector.html.

Type in "bulbul" as the "Legal Name".  You'll see they are registered as:
    405       Seller of money orders
    408       Check casher
    409       Money transmitter
    499       Other

So, will they have issues operating a currency exchange when not registered using code:
    407       Currency dealer or exchanger

Seems like the last one is most important.
Activity: 14
August 30, 2013, 01:14:23 PM
That looks like my only recourse of action as I've tried all other outlets of resolution.  This is ridiculous and I make sure I post warnings whereever I can about this company

This is the kind of proof I'm talking about that I just got directly from Moneygram.  Just follow the instructions at the link I posted.  Also I DID NOT have my username on this MO, however ALL my verification documents matched up to the exact same info on these MOs.  Keyur suggested I cancel the MOs however you CANNOT do this if you have the same info for who cashed it out as to who you're claiming DIDN'T.  Moneygram called that fraud, therefore I was forced to take this route because of what they told me on the phone.  You can verify all this with them directly.  Below is the image you should expect, I blocked out my personal info for safety reasons.  (this is just one image of two MOs I sent)

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/zm5qg.jpg
August 30, 2013, 08:47:13 AM
That looks like my only recourse of action as I've tried all other outlets of resolution.  This is ridiculous and I make sure I post warnings whereever I can about this company

I'm with you and I don't really know what's going on at Campbx but, I've had to prove everything so my only recommendation is to keep your documentation.  In addition if you did send them the MOs first check that they've been cashed or not by calling Moneygram, IF they've been cashed and only IF THEN you will be able to obtain copies of who cashed them.  This will cost 16.05 + 7.95 = $24 total per MO.  Here is the link from Moneygram with that pertinent info if you used them -> https://www.moneygram.com/wps/portal/moneygramonline/home/CustomerService/ServiceForms/PhotocopyRequest

Without proof you will have no way of getting this resolved, so I strongly recommend you get this proof together otherwise you've got nothing. (I'm not defending Keyur or anyone just saying from a personal perspective.)

If you need to PM me and we can discuss privately because again as long as you have your documentation, I am starting to believe that there are major customer service issues at Campbx because Keyur is starting to respond to me (even my highly worked up last message to their support system he finally responded to).  I realize I'm absolutely crazy about people doing the right but, I mean well.
Activity: 299
Merit: 250
August 30, 2013, 03:36:24 AM
I sent a USPS MO to CampBX the beginning of August and it was recieved on the 9th.  I wrote a ticket on the 11th and posted on their Facebook on the 16th.  On my FaceBook post they promised it would be address but it's been 12 days and no response.  It was a couple of hundred dollars but it my money.  It there any recourse or am I screwed?

Farooq,
     I do not see any ticket by your name.  Please PM your ticket number.

We are current on MO processing and all MOs received by Wednesday have already been credited.  If your MO is still not there, then you should be able to cancel it and claim the amount back from issuer.

Activity: 3
August 30, 2013, 02:46:59 AM
August 29, 2013, 05:50:43 PM
Well Keyur was able to finally write back to me TODAY, however all he did was change my account to verified and now is implying that Moneygram is wrong about the fact that my MOs have been cashed...  Why doesn't he BELIEVE ME?  CALL FOR YOURSELF 800-542-3590 RCPT# R205118376276 and the other R205118376265.  Now you people tell me what that Moneygram system says??  DOES IT NOT SAY THAT MY MOs WERE CASHED ON AUGUST 22ND 2013 OR AM I HALLUCINATING THIS???
August 29, 2013, 07:38:22 AM
I sent a USPS MO to CampBX the beginning of August and it was recieved on the 9th.  I wrote a ticket on the 11th and posted on their Facebook on the 16th.  On my FaceBook post they promised it would be address but it's been 12 days and no response.  It was a couple of hundred dollars but it my money.  It there any recourse or am I screwed?

I JUST got a response from Keyur last night, in which he basically asked me the same questions that are already answered here: when/where did I sent the MOs or if I did an electronic deposit through Moneygram (remember folks I posted the info for everyone to read, not sure what the problem is for Keyur to read the exact same thing).  He asked if I had a tracking number, etc.

I received his reply at 10:01pm CST I responded by scanning the additional receipt I had from the store where I bought the MOs and had the email with extra info he didn't even ask for (yes I've dealt with people who are not thorough so I take many extra steps because I'm tired of that behavior).  I sent my reply at 10:22pm CST exactly.  It is now 6:26am CST.

I'm outlining this because of the enormous amount of repetition I'm having to go through (because Keyur isn't reading what I've written and I don't know why).  I don't know what the problem is and I don't know why Keyur is also not honoring the quick MO turn around he claims (I also pointed this out in this thread).  At this point I don't really care because I'm tired of the whole situation and beyond fed up.  Again I'm informing you of this because I also identified where Keyur typically takes 3-4 weeks to resolve (if they do at all) an issue.  This pattern is unmistakably easy to identify by reading these posts so be prepared to deal with this situation longer than the written words on Keyur's website lead you to believe.

For right now, you MUST initiate action with the BBB, this is what I did two days ago, in addition to creating over 138 tickets (Keyur acknowledged this in his email also).  I'm telling you these things because if this is what I have to do to get corrective action, then you can follow me and do the same.  The BBB website to lodge your complaint is -> https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started/?source=cibr&bbbid=0443&bid=27474482

Let me know if you get no response from Keyur and keep a log of what's happening with very specific details in case you must deal with this situation in a court of Law.

PS: I'm not saying the things I am about Keyur without having first offered to help him, which he promptly ignored.  I am of the opinion that you cannot critize anyone until AFTER they have ignored your offers for help which indicates they have other issues going on (at a personal level) preventing them from accepting or even considering.  Besides if Keyur were to accept my offer he'd actually have thorough, solid, complete customer service and I guess he doesn't want THAT kind of reputation messing with his already stellar reputation now Wink
Activity: 3
August 28, 2013, 04:37:23 PM
I sent a USPS MO to CampBX the beginning of August and it was recieved on the 9th.  I wrote a ticket on the 11th and posted on their Facebook on the 16th.  On my FaceBook post they promised it would be address but it's been 12 days and no response.  It was a couple of hundred dollars but it my money.  It there any recourse or am I screwed?
August 28, 2013, 01:54:43 PM
No. They are good players and certainly not a scam! We have worked with them in the past and they are fine - email responses can be tardy so try and go through the back-door if possible?

Otherwise - perhaps they have a rep on here to talk with?

Sadly after extensive research it's become known to me(already to authorities) that Keyur and his significant other are the only ones running the operation.  Keyur does the technical/support(if you want to call it that) and his SO pretty much does all the financials, so it's interesting how she seems to actually get the job done (I mailed an MO on Sat 8/17 and it was cashed by her when they received it by 8/22 as Moneygram states).

The only "back-door" I can see is in the attempts I have made to find out actual contact info because as Keyur claims himself that you should be able to reach people (obviously another outright lie).  At any rate here is that "back-door" info since the clown refuses to answer anyone in a timely fashion (also another claim he makes on his twitter and facebook accounts which I'm heading to next). -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/campbx-contactownership-info-etc-for-those-being-ignored-281042

Also this same lying POS hasn't been here for 2 days see for yourself -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/keyur-camp-bx-15102

Notice how the age says "2" that isn't to far off from the truth with the behavior we're seeing.
August 28, 2013, 12:54:49 PM
I thought CampBX was a reputable business. I have some btc from my online business and wanted to trade it into USD. I opened an account, the trading went well.

The problem started...

Dear Liralen,
     I checked in with our treasure and looks like your issue was resolved.
Your issue took her longer time to address because of two issues:

(1) Your account crossed the compliance limit.  Once you cross this limit, we have to follow a process outlined by our compliance provider.  I know of Bitcoin websites in Russia that give  you all clear in 20 minutes after you send them your ID, but USA rules and regulations are very different.

(2) Paper withdrawals through USPS Money Orders are inherently slower.  If there is an issue with USPS you have to allow for 3-4 weeks for trace mails and money order serial numbers.
If you use electronic withdrawal methods like ACH / Wire / Dwolla, we can address those tickets much faster.

Hope this helps you understand our situation better.

Thank you,
     Keyur
Dear Keyur,

In order to protect your reputation, I recommend offering Liralen something in return for posting to this thread in order to prevent more bitcointalk enthusiasts from skipping over CampBX.  It seems like a decent exchange, but a search for any info from Liralen to verify what you wrote above yields nothing.  Alternatively, you can scrub all the data about the resolution of the issue and post it here so everyone can tell that it was resolved, but make sure you scrub it!

I want to see CampBX succeed, but this thread is hindering it.

You can't protect a clown from being laughed at, that's why they're clowns in the 1st place.  I, like yourself attempted to help, got promptly ignored and am now being forced to take extraneous actions because of said conduct.  

I do have to commend you though and to be honest I'd like to contact you and take you up on your offer for future reference.  Please PM me things are in progress right now to work on uniting against POS people like Keyur so WE can ALL ensure BTC does what it CAN do; change the world we live in for the better, because bozos like the circus over at Campbx need to have their scamming run out of town and out of business.
August 28, 2013, 12:46:33 PM
CAMPBX IS RIPPING PEOPLE OFF!!  PLEASE READ!

Chillin,
    I reviewed your ticket and looks like helpdesk already replied to it on June 26th.  Your claim that no one is replying to you is exaggerated and alarmist.

When a wire fails it takes bank at least 7-9 business days to send us a written confirmation of wire failure.  We cannot give status updates on tickets in the meantime, because we don't have anything informative to share.  Please give it time while we hear back from the bank.

- Keyur

Your claim that no one is replying to you is exaggerated and alarmist.

Not quite.  If that lie you told were true I wouldn't be experiencing what I am right now with you.  You're making this to easy to show your lies.  Amazing you are still in business and again especially living in Atlanta it's an absolute wonder no one has decided to take justice into their own hands.  Although I wonder how much longer that will be....
August 28, 2013, 12:36:39 PM
I have been using CampBX for about a month with no complaints.  However, last week on Friday I selected to withdraw $1,000 by wire to my bank account.  It showed that it was still "Pending" until Monday and then it was gone from my CampBX account so I thought everything was fine but no money ever showed up in my BOA account.  I even called BOA and they said that they don't see any incoming wires for my account!!  It's now been 5 days since my request for withdrawal and I'm still missing my money.  Has this happened to anyone before?

Thanks

If you STILL haven't gotten this resolved please report it IMMEDIATELY to -> https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started/?source=cibr&bbbid=0443&bid=27474482

Please ensure you include all specifics possible, dates, times, amounts and attempted communications.  Also gather this info together for easy reference because it'll be needed for the next move against this behavior.
August 28, 2013, 12:30:34 PM

Everyone,
     We are replying to this thread to be as useful to our users as we can.  However it is devolving into unjustified accusations.  A lot of situations described in this thread could have been avoided by a reading of FAQ on our website.

Let's bring some civility back to this thread so we can help you out.  We have 18,000 users and several million in revenues, we are one of very few companies based in USA, and have been as transparent and secure as any Bitcoin business out there.

- Keyur

You are not replying to anyone except when it's convenient for you.  Every single one of your replies is done AT LEAST 1-5 days later.

So since I read your FAQ and followed YOUR WRITTEN procedures (yes others tried to find fault but could not because I did EXACTLY what you wrote, and I worked within those parameters per YOUR OWN WORDS); then why haven't you done the right thing with me?  Or is ignoring me now somehow the right thing in customer dealings?  If it is then you better point me at least to the website that says I won't be held legally liable for such unethical behavior since you apparently have found that information and are acting on it.

There can be no "civility" when you ignore people, don't do what you said you would including what you've written here (including to me in the single response I got about some "batch" but yet as of 8/28 TODAY my account still shows 0.00 and "unverified")..  I'm finding it hard to see "civility" in lies like that when you have my money and identification in your possession.

So what is "transparent" about that?  Man you're such a liar I don't even know how you made it this far in life without having your face totally rearranged.
August 28, 2013, 12:24:01 PM
sugsmack100 claims that bitcoins were removed from his account.  To show that this is true rather than simply claiming it, sugsmack100 could post the transaction id for his payment to campBX.  This will enable anyone interested to track them through the blockchain.  He could also show a screenshot (but remember, screenshots can be edited) of the campBX website history page (I'm assuming it shows deposits and withdrawals as well as trades - haven't done enough there yet to know for sure).

This kind of data is the only way to prove there is a problem with campBX, and if there is indeed, then such proof would be useful to the entire bitcoin community, as well as Keyur himself.  In his whitepaper, Satoshi wrote "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."  That is an ideal system feature, and one which cooperation and logic and the bitcointalk forum can create for any exchange if it provides enough information.  If we do it right, and an exchange operator isn't completely honest, we may corner him into becoming completely honest.  I think Keyur already is, but that is beside the point.

I offer Keyur my services to help with the Customer Service.  I work from home and am on the Internet all the time.  I hope my suggestions above show that I understand the nature of the problem of proving things so that no one loses money to scammers.

I offered as well.  BEFORE I went on my tirade of exposing this liar and his ponzi scheme.  Of course he ignored me as he did you.  Greedy bastards like Keyur can't see anyone helping them except his wife (his "treasurer) when it comes to business.  Sadly he's going to cause her to be arrested because she's the one who picks up the mail and deposits the checks/MOs.  Only a true POS would put his lady in the direct line of fire like that.  So it should be no surprise to anyone that he's not acting right.  Continue to ignore me Keyur, it's awesome how you're doing that out here in public so everyone can see how you really handle customer support.  Don't forget Keyur there is a "search" feature here so my writings aren't going away at all and won't change until you do the right thing or until I get you shut down for running a business like a punk.
August 28, 2013, 12:07:54 PM
YUP THEY ARE A RIPOFF!  They stole btc out of my campbx account.  I WOULD NOT USE THEM.  I have been in contact with them today and they are just giving me the runaround. 

So last week I transferred 5 btc into campbx from my home computer wallet.  I was waiting for the price to rise so i could sell them later that night, the price fell so i didn't do anything.

Logged on today and they were gone.  The said that my history transaction showed that they were transferred but the address they said it was transferred to was the same address i generated on their site.

YUP THERE CROOKS!!!

However there is recourse, if your funds are still stolen please report this ASAP to -> https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started/?source=cibr&bbbid=0443&bid=27474482

This is needed in pursuing legal action (per the advice I've received).
August 28, 2013, 11:52:45 AM
Keyur,

I recently opened an account at Camp BX and am NOT satisfied with the customer support!

#1:  I sent in account verification docs via e-mail on 5/5/13.  No response on that yet.

#2:  I deposited via Dwolla on 5/10 and was credited a few hours later.  Made a SECOND Dwolla deposit on 5/11 (Saturday), Dwolla transaction ID # is 2940825.  Here it is Tuesday (afternoon in Atlanta) and still no credit for that deposit.  I opened a trouble ticket on that problem last evening - nothing on that yet.

Do you really think this is an adequate level of service??  All my interactions with Mt. Gox were handled within a short period of time (a couple of hours).

Once this is corrected, I'm seriously thinking I should transfer all my funds to Mt. Gox, where TIMELY customer service IS AVAILABLE.

I have a similar issue, attempted to resolve it the same way, now I'm being completely ignored.  Guess I'm just hallucinating all this and so was this guy.  Extremely interesting how this "issue" of "customer service response" is continuing to rear its ugly head with Keyur.  Yet he remains silent.  I remember when I was growing up how badly people used to beat up people like Keyur for this type of thing.  Maybe that needs to come back because it gets faster justice?  I can see why back in the day that happened because waiting for the authorities is sometimes taxing on the patience of already trying to fix the situation before involving them.
August 28, 2013, 11:33:02 AM
Well they are very slow and Keyur had this** to say in an interview but yet no phone number is available to contact them and they are not responding to my tickets.

However, users aren’t the same as exchanges. Mithawala said an exchange has to be transparent, visible and credible: it has to be backed by people you can name and phone numbers you can call.

I believe my funds will be 'unlocked' but the delay is plain wrong at this point.

This is a quote from an interview found here:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/07/10/camp_bx_goes_live/

If only Keyur was not such a liar, as this article clearly points out.  Try to find anything "transparent, visible and credible" about Campbx.  None of Keyur's actions thus far indicate even a slight amount of that.  Call the number watch what happens, email support watch what happens....  Sad he also has news articles like this floating around.  Even more sad than that is how public record statements like that are so easily used in a court of law (and yes they are 100% permissible as evidence to the current atmosphere myself and others are experiencing).
August 28, 2013, 10:28:50 AM

Ashley, we do credit MOs on the same business day or worst case 1 day later and there is not much of a delay there.

Are you sure MO has reached our office?  Do you have a tracking number?

This is an outright lie.  Keyur and Co. cashed my MO on 8/22 it's now 8/28 and my account is still saying 0.00.  What a POS.
Activity: 709
Merit: 503
August 28, 2013, 10:27:56 AM
I've used CampBX again and again to move US Dollars into Bitcoin successfully via Dwolla.  No complaints.

I have never once used it to go the other way so I can't say about that.
Pages:
Jump to: