Pages:
Author

Topic: [RESOLVED] Is CampBX a ripoff? - page 5. (Read 16188 times)

Activity: 444
Merit: 250
I prefer evolution to revolution.
June 12, 2013, 09:51:31 PM
I have been using CampBX for about a month with no complaints.  However, last week on Friday I selected to withdraw $1,000 by wire to my bank account.  It showed that it was still "Pending" until Monday and then it was gone from my CampBX account so I thought everything was fine but no money ever showed up in my BOA account.  I even called BOA and they said that they don't see any incoming wires for my account!!  It's now been 5 days since my request for withdrawal and I'm still missing my money.  Has this happened to anyone before?

Thanks
Hi Chillin,

Did you ever get this issue resolved?

I am interested in helping Keyur with CampBX, but I haven't heard back from him.  If you don't mind, can post details of the problem that people can use to verify it?  Don't post anything you're not comfortable putting in public view though.

Dave.
Activity: 332
Merit: 253
June 12, 2013, 05:46:50 PM
I think CampBX is honest and a reasonable exchange though with lower volume. Their customer service can be a bit frustratingly slow at times though.

Remember they are in the U.S. and actually are licensed now. If you are a U.S. citizen, you could sue them if you had to, so I don't think they are into ripping people off.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
June 12, 2013, 02:02:00 PM
Camp BX did finally respond and help me with the Dwolla transfer.  It was a setting on my Dwolla account that was set by default but needed to be changed in order to get money in Camp BX.  Everything has been working fine since then...but I haven't tried to pull anything out of Camp BX yet.
Activity: 11
June 12, 2013, 11:42:56 AM
I have been using CampBX for about a month with no complaints.  However, last week on Friday I selected to withdraw $1,000 by wire to my bank account.  It showed that it was still "Pending" until Monday and then it was gone from my CampBX account so I thought everything was fine but no money ever showed up in my BOA account.  I even called BOA and they said that they don't see any incoming wires for my account!!  It's now been 5 days since my request for withdrawal and I'm still missing my money.  Has this happened to anyone before?

Thanks
Activity: 14
May 18, 2013, 12:04:02 PM
so far I have had no issues other than that they are kinda slow
Activity: 14
May 18, 2013, 11:50:23 AM
Yesterday I had my first transaction with CampBX and it went fine.  Value was about $90 US, transferred from Dwolla.  Given how difficult every BTC transaction normally is, I was pleasantly surprised at how well this transaction went.
May 17, 2013, 02:52:30 PM
Has anyone been having issues moving money from Dwolla to CampBX?  I have repeatedly (over several days) tried to move money using Dwolla and keep getting the same error message.  CampBX is saying that I have insufficient funds in my Dwolla account or that the Dwolla API is down.  I have called Dwolla and they are sure it is neither of those things.  Still waiting to hear back from CampBX after I logged a help request 3 days ago.

Anybody else? Advice?

Dwolla API is throwing error for several accounts.  We are working with Dwolla developer Michael to resolve this.

Thank you for your response.  I would really like to use CampBX, however, I am getting frustrated by this disconnect with Dwolla.  I will post again when my issue is resolved and if I was satisfied by the service.  As of yet, I have had no reply to my help request.
Activity: 58
May 17, 2013, 02:44:24 PM
Has anyone been having issues moving money from Dwolla to CampBX?  I have repeatedly (over several days) tried to move money using Dwolla and keep getting the same error message.  CampBX is saying that I have insufficient funds in my Dwolla account or that the Dwolla API is down.  I have called Dwolla and they are sure it is neither of those things.  Still waiting to hear back from CampBX after I logged a help request 3 days ago.

Anybody else? Advice?

Dwolla API is throwing error for several accounts.  We are working with Dwolla developer Michael to resolve this.

I sent money from Dwolla yesterday and it is still not in my account.  In the interim, would it be quicker just to send money directly from Dwolla to CampBX rather than using the USD Transfer API in CampBX?
Activity: 5
May 17, 2013, 01:08:54 PM
Well I've had no problems with CampBX, but I also don't have 10 grand. My largest transaction was for much much less than that.
Activity: 444
I prefer evolution to revolution.
May 17, 2013, 12:34:21 PM
sugsmack100 claims that bitcoins were removed from his account.  To show that this is true rather than simply claiming it, sugsmack100 could post the transaction id for his payment to campBX.  This will enable anyone interested to track them through the blockchain.  He could also show a screenshot (but remember, screenshots can be edited) of the campBX website history page (I'm assuming it shows deposits and withdrawals as well as trades - haven't done enough there yet to know for sure).

This kind of data is the only way to prove there is a problem with campBX, and if there is indeed, then such proof would be useful to the entire bitcoin community, as well as Keyur himself.  In his whitepaper, Satoshi wrote "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."  That is an ideal system feature, and one which cooperation and logic and the bitcointalk forum can create for any exchange if it provides enough information.  If we do it right, and an exchange operator isn't completely honest, we may corner him into becoming completely honest.  I think Keyur already is, but that is beside the point.

I offer Keyur my services to help with the Customer Service.  I work from home and am on the Internet all the time.  I hope my suggestions above show that I understand the nature of the problem of proving things so that no one loses money to scammers.
legendary
Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000
We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
May 16, 2013, 10:47:06 PM
As far as the OP is concerned; if one cannot afford to loose $10,000 then why on earth would you let the balance get that high before trying to initiate a transfer or withdraw?  Bottom line is, all of these companies (Mt Gox, BTC-e, Bitstamp, Camp BX, etc.) are exchanges, they are not banks, use them as such at your own risk.  Wink

Exactly.

I think we need to pool some funds together and make this quote a PSA ad on this forum.

People, these are institutions that are pioneering a market that is only a few years old! There WILL be issues, LOTS of issues. NEVER let your account balances get uncomfortably high. Withdraw EVERYDAY if you must. The fees are worth the piece of mind.

Now I am not defending CBX at all. They clearly need to hire some support staff because when people are having issues with their money they panic and that is totally understandable. CBX needs to realize that. Hiring 10-20 customers service reps is not going to send them into bankruptcy and it will certainly make the customers happier. Having Keyur on here is good but they need to do more.

But again, read the words I quoted.
pwi
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
May 16, 2013, 09:18:15 PM
Wow! Just read the complete  thread that I already replied to...and just WOW.

Other than having a small (sub $10K) account on campbx, I have no affiliation with them.  I have been very impressed with the service.  The ease of use of the site is perfect for my purposes. 

I have moved funds and coin into and out of campbx without issue in an unverified account.  I am also a noob by bitcointalk.org standards.  I have no complaints.

The influx of noobs dissing on bx in this thread is suspicious.  There is obvious competition for the traders making their mtgox exit.  It wouldn't surprise me if some of these post are related to this competition.

Those having legitimate issues should keep this thread updated.  If a satisfactory outcome is reached, negative comments should be retracted.  We do not need any more bad press, some of which may be less than valid (excluding OP), surrounding Bitcoin exchanges.
pwi
May 16, 2013, 09:05:59 PM
I just put money in bx, this is the first place that I've read something bad about them, I hope I don't get scammed.  I will be watching this post for updates.  good luck liralen!

I am by no means a large player on bx.  I have had zero issues other than the occasional outage during higher than usual volume.  Expect growing pains as US traders flee gox.  Hopefully their KYC and early adoption of FINCen regulations will continue to make them a viable trading outlet in the foreseeable future.  Nothing is certain with Bitcoin and third parties at the moment.
pwi
May 16, 2013, 08:58:25 PM
Activity: 11
May 16, 2013, 08:17:12 PM
Keyur,

I recently opened an account at Camp BX and am NOT satisfied with the customer support!

#1:  I sent in account verification docs via e-mail on 5/5/13.  No response on that yet.

#2:  I deposited via Dwolla on 5/10 and was credited a few hours later.  Made a SECOND Dwolla deposit on 5/11 (Saturday), Dwolla transaction ID # is 2940825.  Here it is Tuesday (afternoon in Atlanta) and still no credit for that deposit.  I opened a trouble ticket on that problem last evening - nothing on that yet.

Do you really think this is an adequate level of service??  All my interactions with Mt. Gox were handled within a short period of time (a couple of hours).

Once this is corrected, I'm seriously thinking I should transfer all my funds to Mt. Gox, where TIMELY customer service IS AVAILABLE.

Good luck with that.  Since you're in Atlanta, go ahead and try to transfer funds to Mt Gox through Dwolla.  Apparently you haven't been keeping up with current events.

After seeing the posts on here from Keyur, it seems to me that they are addressing customers' issues. 

As far as the OP is concerned; if one cannot afford to loose $10,000 then why on earth would you let the balance get that high before trying to initiate a transfer or withdraw?  Bottom line is, all of these companies (Mt Gox, BTC-e, Bitstamp, Camp BX, etc.) are exchanges, they are not banks, use them as such at your own risk.  Wink
Activity: 299
May 16, 2013, 07:04:50 PM

Anybody else? Advice?

May 16, 2013, 05:54:53 PM

Anybody else? Advice?
Activity: 39
May 16, 2013, 03:40:47 PM
My deposit was credited a short while ago. Thanks Keyur.
Activity: 299
May 16, 2013, 02:27:06 PM
Keyur,

Reference my posting above.  My ticket was closed and I was notified by e-mail that my deposit would be in my account today.

IT'S STILL NOT THERE - PLEASE FIX!!!

mwm4cbx

P.S. I re-sent account verification docs to your compliance address.

MWM,
     As you know there is a $1K limit per day.  Looks like you made a withdrawal on 5/14 afternoon that ate up most of this limit, so treasurer couldn't deposit your funds on 5/15.  It has been credited with 5/16 batch.

This is a regulatory compliance limit and we cannot bypass it.

Thank you,
     Keyur
Activity: 39
May 16, 2013, 10:55:23 AM
Keyur,

Reference my posting above.  My ticket was closed and I was notified by e-mail that my deposit would be in my account today.

IT'S STILL NOT THERE - PLEASE FIX!!!

mwm4cbx

P.S. I re-sent account verification docs to your compliance address.

Pages:
Jump to: