Pages:
Author

Topic: [RESOLVED] Is CampBX a ripoff? - page 6. (Read 16188 times)

Activity: 299
Merit: 250
May 15, 2013, 07:11:44 PM

Everyone,
     We are replying to this thread to be as useful to our users as we can.  However it is devolving into unjustified accusations.  A lot of situations described in this thread could have been avoided by a reading of FAQ on our website.

Let's bring some civility back to this thread so we can help you out.  We have 18,000 users and several million in revenues, we are one of very few companies based in USA, and have been as transparent and secure as any Bitcoin business out there.

- Keyur

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
May 15, 2013, 07:06:51 PM
Odds are its a scam.
Activity: 19
May 15, 2013, 06:59:21 PM
I've used CampBX for a few weeks without problems. Their customer support turnaround isn't great and can be frustrating, but they seem to be a legit business who is following the letter of the law with regard to FinCen.

one cool thing about them is their referral program. I have a referral link (every CampBX user does). Mine is https://campbx.com/main.php?r=wvs48klhpI5

You can click on it or not, doesn't matter to me. But if people sign up with your referral link, they get a slightly lower commission rate (wish i'd known this when I opened my account, i didn't get it) AND the person who generated that referral link gets a small kickback. Full disclosure, I think my commissions have amounted to about $2.50 (USD, not BTC!) so far. But still, it's kind of nice.

There aren't a lot of surviving US exchanges, so I'm sticking with CampBX until something changes.
May 15, 2013, 06:42:48 PM
In my opinion it definitly looks like a ripoff..
Activity: 13
May 15, 2013, 06:39:31 PM
YUP THEY ARE A RIPOFF!  They stole btc out of my campbx account.  I WOULD NOT USE THEM.  I have been in contact with them today and they are just giving me the runaround. 

So last week I transferred 5 btc into campbx from my home computer wallet.  I was waiting for the price to rise so i could sell them later that night, the price fell so i didn't do anything.

Logged on today and they were gone.  The said that my history transaction showed that they were transferred but the address they said it was transferred to was the same address i generated on their site.

YUP THERE CROOKS!!!
Activity: 5
May 15, 2013, 12:43:14 AM
Glad I saw this thread
May 15, 2013, 12:26:53 AM
Keyur,

I recently opened an account at Camp BX and am NOT satisfied with the customer support!

#1:  I sent in account verification docs via e-mail on 5/5/13.  No response on that yet.

#2:  I deposited via Dwolla on 5/10 and was credited a few hours later.  Made a SECOND Dwolla deposit on 5/11 (Saturday), Dwolla transaction ID # is 2940825.  Here it is Tuesday (afternoon in Atlanta) and still no credit for that deposit.  I opened a trouble ticket on that problem last evening - nothing on that yet.

Do you really think this is an adequate level of service??  All my interactions with Mt. Gox were handled within a short period of time (a couple of hours).

Once this is corrected, I'm seriously thinking I should transfer all my funds to Mt. Gox, where TIMELY customer service IS AVAILABLE.

Hi MWM,
     #1 All verification requests received by May 10th have been processed if the documentation was complete.  I will take a look and see what happened with your KYC check.

#2 Dwolla did a code change recently and there have been multiple issues like missing transfers, high failure rate for API, and "Next" button that doesn't work.  We are working with Dwolla to resolve this as fast as we can.

As you know, CampBX helpdesk is not staffed by customer support but by engineers and treasurer who do the actual work.  This enables us to resolve all issues and eliminate the root cause for good, but we do not have the bandwidth to provide status update in the meantime.  Give us a little more time and we will resolve your Dwolla transfer issue too.

Thank you,
       Keyur
Activity: 420
May 14, 2013, 02:22:10 PM
#2:  I deposited via Dwolla on 5/10 and was credited a few hours later.  Made a SECOND Dwolla deposit on 5/11 (Saturday), Dwolla transaction ID # is 2940825.  Here it is Tuesday (afternoon in Atlanta) and still no credit for that deposit.  I opened a trouble ticket on that problem last evening - nothing on that yet.

To be fair, I've also experienced variable times in the crediting of my Dwolla deposits to Mt. Gox... but thus far they've all arrived eventually.

That said, the complaints in this thread do seem to indicate substandard communication and customer service on the part of CampBX, which is a shame, because an exchange that puts real effort into CS will grow marketshare.

Bitcoin needs service providers with Amazon level customer care. The current crop do not instill confidence.
Activity: 39
May 14, 2013, 01:09:45 PM
Keyur,

I recently opened an account at Camp BX and am NOT satisfied with the customer support!

#1:  I sent in account verification docs via e-mail on 5/5/13.  No response on that yet.

Do you really think this is an adequate level of service??  All my interactions with Mt. Gox were handled within a short period of time (a couple of hours).

Once this is corrected, I'm seriously thinking I should transfer all my funds to Mt. Gox, where TIMELY customer service IS AVAILABLE.

Activity: 448
May 05, 2013, 02:49:05 PM
Ashley, we do credit MOs on the same business day or worst case 1 day later and there is not much of a delay there.

Are you sure MO has reached our office?  Do you have a tracking number?

Thanks for responding; I'll reply via PM, my email provider has been down sporadically so there is a chance that the support ticket did in fact get answered.
May 01, 2013, 10:01:14 PM
I sent in a money order a week and a half ago and it has not been credited yet, IIRC their website says 2-3 days for a money order to be credited once received. I'm not sure what the problem is, CampBX... I sent a support ticket and of course it hasn't been responded to yet. I suppose I'll check my email AGAIN. At least change the stated wait time for crediting money orders so as not to mislead people...

I thought they'd be a nice replacement for Bitfloor but it looks like not. I hate to give them a "one strike you're out" policy but based on BTC exchange crap I've dealt with in past, I just don't want to deal with even a hint of incompetence. I'll have to look elsewhere or deal in OTC only.

Just my personal review, I am aware others have had positive experiences.

Ashley, we do credit MOs on the same business day or worst case 1 day later and there is not much of a delay there.

Are you sure MO has reached our office?  Do you have a tracking number?

Activity: 448
May 01, 2013, 09:39:47 PM
I sent in a money order a week and a half ago and it has not been credited yet, IIRC their website says 2-3 days for a money order to be credited once received. I'm not sure what the problem is, CampBX... I sent a support ticket and of course it hasn't been responded to yet. I suppose I'll check my email AGAIN. At least change the stated wait time for crediting money orders so as not to mislead people...

I thought they'd be a nice replacement for Bitfloor but it looks like not. I hate to give them a "one strike you're out" policy but based on BTC exchange crap I've dealt with in past, I just don't want to deal with even a hint of incompetence. I'll have to look elsewhere or deal in OTC only.

Just my personal review, I am aware others have had positive experiences.
Activity: 1
April 25, 2013, 08:53:23 PM
I use Campbx all the time and have never had any trouble with them.   I do about 4-5 transactions per week for over 5000 dollars and have never had to wait more then 6-7 hrs for it to be processed. I'm sorry some of you have been having trouble but with all the customers they have, it's definitely not a trend for them to be late. I had one issue and sent them a ticket and it was resolved immediately. I just wanted to give my opinion.
Activity: 10
April 22, 2013, 12:56:28 AM
so many of these bitcoin companies are shady...it definitely turns me off to the whole deal.
April 22, 2013, 12:08:56 AM
February 01, 2013, 10:52:18 PM
I just put money in bx, this is the first place that I've read something bad about them, I hope I don't get scammed.  I will be watching this post for updates.  good luck liralen!
Activity: 6
February 01, 2013, 01:25:13 PM
Well they are very slow and Keyur had this** to say in an interview but yet no phone number is available to contact them and they are not responding to my tickets.

However, users aren’t the same as exchanges. Mithawala said an exchange has to be transparent, visible and credible: it has to be backed by people you can name and phone numbers you can call.

I believe my funds will be 'unlocked' but the delay is plain wrong at this point.

This is a quote from an interview found here:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/07/10/camp_bx_goes_live/
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010
January 31, 2013, 02:20:38 PM
I opened an account with them and sent a check for $200 to get started.  The check cleared on 1/17/13 and they still show nothing in my account.

I can't blame that on incompetence.  Would you let your bank handle your money like that?

I've submitted tickets.  When you get the automated response, it says you can track your ticket, and then sends you to a site where you can't.

I can't wait to get my money out of there!

Coinbase is so much easier.  They can automatically withdraw and deposit money to your checking account.

Wishing us all luck.

I've been using campBX for 8 months now with no issue.  But they do not have a large revenue business like mt gox so I think you'll just need to be understanding about delays in customer support. 

Just a guess: as a new user, they are probably sitting on the cash to make sure the check isn't a forgery.  Did you validate your account?  Remember, once they send you your bitcoins the $ is gone and if the check is forged, they get hit with the clawback.

Still in a market like the last 2 weeks, it would be nice if they let you trade the bitcoins but didn't let you take them out of their system (until the check is verified)...
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
January 31, 2013, 12:59:27 PM
It took them about 14 hours to clear my most recent Dwolla deposit (this was after I submitted a ticket). They say Dwolla deposits should only take 6 hours.

Maybe they have an influx of transactions they can't keep up with?
Activity: 9
January 31, 2013, 12:35:16 PM
Monitoring
Pages:
Jump to: