Pages:
Author

Topic: [RESOLVED] Is CampBX a ripoff? - page 7. (Read 16188 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
January 31, 2013, 12:21:16 PM
Still nothing in my account; still no response to my multiple tickets.

I'm sending demand letter to the registered agent of the company.

Bulbul Investments LLC
Attn: Keyur Mithawala
23109 Deer Trail
Alpharetta, GA  30004

Activity: 12
January 30, 2013, 12:59:26 PM
The part that really irks me is that I tested CampBX first with a small amount--$600--and it went fine! I did the trade, they sent my money, and all in a timely manner. That was what made me decide they were legit.

I have no way to access my money. None, zip, zero. They are sitting on it, keeping it, refusing to reply. Feel free to learn from my mistake.
January 30, 2013, 10:55:01 AM
I understand that, but they've had my money since January 17.  Even if they have a retired grandmother in the office, part time, handling deposits, it should be in my account.

Given the fluxation of the price of bitcoins, if I send a check and get funded a month later, who knows what I'll get.

Coinbase takes the money immediately via ACH, and gives you bitcoins a few days later.

Just reporting my experience.  An you can see I'm in the newbie section....

But the bitcoin service with prompt customer service will win in the end.  I'm betting on services like coinbase....
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
January 30, 2013, 10:44:37 AM
I opened an account with them and sent a check for $200 to get started.  The check cleared on 1/17/13 and they still show nothing in my account.

I can't blame that on incompetence.  Would you let your bank handle your money like that?

I've submitted tickets.  When you get the automated response, it says you can track your ticket, and then sends you to a site where you can't.

I can't wait to get my money out of there!

Coinbase is so much easier.  They can automatically withdraw and deposit money to your checking account.

Wishing us all luck.

When using CampBX, I only fund it from a Dwolla account. You will note that it always takes several days after the ACH has been drawn to show up in Dwolla too.

Mailing a check seems like you are asking for delays. These things take time, this is not MasterCard you are dealing with.
January 30, 2013, 10:34:07 AM
I opened an account with them and sent a check for $200 to get started.  The check cleared on 1/17/13 and they still show nothing in my account.

I can't blame that on incompetence.  Would you let your bank handle your money like that?

I've submitted tickets.  When you get the automated response, it says you can track your ticket, and then sends you to a site where you can't.

I can't wait to get my money out of there!

Coinbase is so much easier.  They can automatically withdraw and deposit money to your checking account.

Wishing us all luck.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
January 29, 2013, 09:58:59 PM
I've used campbx for a dozen or so deposits and no issues. Yesterday, they were about  3 or 4 hours slower than  usual, but they pushed it thru as soon as I opened a ticket. I keep all my transactions under  $1000 though...
Activity: 28
January 29, 2013, 09:40:25 PM
Wow.. Glad I saw this thread.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
January 29, 2013, 08:45:35 PM
Never blame on malice that which can be explained by ignorance, or stupidity.
January 29, 2013, 04:33:30 PM
Thanks, Coqui. I'll read what you wrote. I'm scrambling to see what problems others have had and what has worked to get money out!
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
January 29, 2013, 04:18:47 PM
CampBX has no customer service. I am surprised that anyone there ever replied to you at all. See my review at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1488226.

For what it's worth my gut-feel is that they are not crooks ... just incompetent. Were I in your shoes, I would file a complaint with the authorities.
January 29, 2013, 04:00:30 PM
I thought CampBX was a reputable business. I have some btc from my online business and wanted to trade it into USD. I opened an account, the trading went well.

The problem started when the amount of dollars in my account acceded $10,000. Apparently, they have a limit right there due to regulations. My account was frozen. CampBX didn't answer my emails for over a week. All I knew was that I couldn't get to my money and I was increasingly worried that I had been ripped off.

Someone finally did reply. Explained about the $10,000 limit. Said that they removed $2500 and put it aside so that my account was now active again and I could withdraw money. But they didn't explain how to get the $2500 that had been removed.

I emailed over and over, with increasing anxiety yet again. Two weeks later I finally got a reply saying that I should send an email with instructions, and the treasurer would release the funds in whatever way I wanted.

So I send the email as requested, telling them how I wanted my money. That was almost two weeks ago. There has been no reply and my account shows no activity. Nothing. Not in "orders" (where the bulk of my money is) and not in "history" (where I can see the amount of $2500, but can't get to it).

No on replies. No one sends my money.

I even sent all the ID requirements so that my account can be "verified" and all restrictions lifted, on the chance that would help. Nothing. No reply to that either.

The amount in question is about $11,000 total. I can't lose that kind of money!  In the last email I sent yesterday, I have threatened to contact the state attorney general. Still no reply.

I am beyond frustrated at this point. I feel totally ripped off. CampBX is a scam as far as I'm concerned.

Does anyone have any advice?Huh I'm desperate. All I want is my money.
Pages:
Jump to: