Pages:
Author

Topic: Ripple: A long term investment or short term? - page 22. (Read 4564 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Don't invest in any altcoin without knowing the project and the team in its entirety
And ensuring your trust fully.
First your own decision is important. At least for altcoins.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
For sure the coin has a lot of potential (otherwise Ripple would not be on such a high place in order by market capacity).
In my opinion Ripple is definitely for long term, it is quite stable coin with many interesting features but need something what could push him higher. So definitely neet to wait a little period of time.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Worldcore - Banking for the Future

I find Ripple is actually excellent for short-term or day trading. The reason for this is that there are no crazy crashes like other currencies, if you watch the market it's relatively easy to make 2 to 5% on the small daily swings that this coin experiences, and unlike other alt-coins you are not risking your initial funds, as the coin has good long-term prospects.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
for me Ripple (XRP) is for long term investment.. low risk and more stable than others
Activity: 182
I wouldn't go into Ripple long term, atleast reevaluate your position every couple months. THe reason is that the Ripple coin itself doesn't hold much value at the moment, as it isn't needed to the banks to apply the Ripple technology in their systems...
Activity: 322
Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system
I bought this coin in spring and kept to this day because I think that this is one of the most technologies coins of all
Activity: 280
Merit: 20
This is a very long term investment  for sure
Activity: 1092
Merit: 117
Ripple is a long term investment because it is a new technology that is very useful for banks. A few banks already use ripple as a currency and more of them are testing it. So it is a very long term investment wich can offer huge profits in time. Just keep it and wait a few years because this is a good opportunity to make
Think at ripple as shares in company. You cannot mine ripple, it is not like bitcoin or ethereum. Ripple was sold in a ICO but it is not really a cryptocurrency, it is something like real money, like euro or gbp that are incresing everyday
Activity: 238
Behind Ripple are the big banks, so that is why I think it will grow quite a lot in the future. The banks push forward the adoption of it!
Activity: 336
Merit: 111
I prefer ripple for long term investment
It doesn't mean that I will not opt for this short term
Ripple is one of my favorite altcoins
Activity: 182
Merit: 108
Ripple is long term for the only reason is being good for the banking industry. If banking can get behind it, it's a winner for sure!

Gotta clarify this claim, as you are 100% correct but missing a vital piece of information.

Ripple is a great platform for the banks, and its usage and adoption will probably increase dramatically.  HOWEVER, there is such a vast amount of XRP held by early stakeholders and not to mention Ripple themselves (the company). 

Although they have claimed to have put restrains on these XRP so they won't be dumped in the market, who's to tell when this will be reversed. 

Conclusion: XRP is a great platform, but you'll need to hold it for ages in order to see any significant moves. And for that time frame you may as well pick some of the other platform tokens.
Activity: 204
Merit: 10
Yes it is,i bought 0.5BTC for this coin a long time ago because i see a clear picture with its technology,100% decentralized.
Activity: 222
Merit: 10
Ripple is definitely a long term investment just like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
Well, Ripple is centralized and it's necessary for banks to use it's technology! Banks will always exists.
So with this in mind, you could go long term with Ripple.
Activity: 350
Merit: 106
Telegram Moderator, Hire me
In my perspective it has the potenial to grow, but it will go for long term basis because if you can see the price value of ripple $0.206151 so it has a long way run to have a good profit out of it.
Activity: 812
Merit: 253
I personally think Ripple is good for long term investment because I think its projects will surely be successful in the future and I do see this coin to be progressing as well. I did try short term earlier this year and preferred to go for long term instead rather than short term because of bitcoins increase of price, it was difficult for me to do short term trading.
Activity: 364
Merit: 102
Can't really tell if this could make your rich soon or will need some time to pump. One thing I can tell with certainty is that ripple the cripple will definitely pump some day. When, I can't say, but Ripple is among the safest coins to own.
Activity: 812
Merit: 501
Long term, Ripple is controlled by Banks. There will be no high volatility as they control the price Undecided
For making profit from price growth, you may make mistake in the investment plan. Ripple is unlimited coin, controled by banks. You know banks will not spend much cash to buy ripple for their service. So ripple is investment for banking industries not for us.
Activity: 266
Merit: 271
I think you should keep your money in Ripple on long term
Ripple has a good investors and it is safety
I trust and i recommend
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
Neither it's pointless scammy bullshit responsible for starting the bullshit ICO trend we see today.
Not only that but it pisses all over the ideaology of crypto we founded long ago.

..morons should not be "investing" in semi closed source manipulated corporate centralized linked to banks gimmick tokens that were fined by FiNCEN.

Unless of course they just want some quick crack money ?  Cheesy

Get down, get dooooown boom chicka bow wow !

-- Portrait of an Investard --

Oh and that should have not needed to be said either.. yet again. Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: