Pages:
Author

Topic: Ripple vs Ethereum - page 28. (Read 6267 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
August 13, 2015, 07:46:30 AM
This is what I think: Ethereum will survive and Ripple will die for sure. Why? Because Ripple is centralized. Just my opinion, though  Roll Eyes

Actually Ripple and ETH could work fine together. Ripple would be the gateway to the material stuff and a host of different crypto and fiat currencies and Ethereum can be the intelligence what monitoring and controlling the flow of goods and money.

BTW Ripple not going to be dead soon, there are tons of money behind them and money transfer services and some banks are jumping into it. Ripple's centralized nature is a benefit/requirement for such companies.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 13, 2015, 07:30:06 AM
This is what I think: Ethereum will survive and Ripple will die for sure. Why? Because Ripple is centralized. Just my opinion, though  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
August 13, 2015, 07:24:17 AM
im not an altcoin guy but im suddenly interested , as i can see on coinmarketcap there is ripple just after bitcoin then after it litecoin and ethereum , still isee a lotof people speaking about ethereum more then they do about ripple i just checked the website on ethereum and for some reasons i didn't understand anything , can't even find an executable file to download and if it's on beta will people lose their ether later (that's if they are storing them anywhere)

This comparison would be something like comparing an elephant with a whale. Two entirely different animal optimized for two entirely different living area Smiley. Ripple is an IOU system for making different stuff (e.g.: elephant to BTC) easily swappable, while ETH is basically a framework for making contracts and then enforcing and verifying the processing of these contracts. As relaying between different systems is also possible, in the future it could be a framework for glueing together different platforms.

It's in alpha so there are no binaries like a ready to use QT wallet. You need to deploy it as it described here: https://www.ethereum.org/cli.
Activity: 567
Merit: 148
August 13, 2015, 06:44:30 AM
im not an altcoin guy but im suddenly interested , as i can see on coinmarketcap there is ripple just after bitcoin then after it litecoin and ethereum , still isee a lotof people speaking about ethereum more then they do about ripple i just checked the website on ethereum and for some reasons i didn't understand anything , can't even find an executable file to download and if it's on beta will people lose their ether later (that's if they are storing them anywhere)
Pages:
Jump to: