Pages:
Author

Topic: RK-BOX,450GH/S,480W ,shipping date 25th - page 2. (Read 14163 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 101
Have spent the last day and a half trying to get my first RK-box setup.
So far this thing is just a major disappointment. At stock it runs at 280 GHs (well below the promised 440) bumping the freq up (by oh 30% or so) I can get it to run at 370 Ghs BUT that is generating 60% hardware errors!
 I have tried numerous settings so far and the best I have been able to get it to is 398 GHs (but at a setting that generates nearly 70% HW erros and thus is useless) right now have it set at 378 GHs and it is generating about 30% HW errors.
I am going to look to see if maybe they have a new pi image available on the Chinese site yet.
Going to give it another two days of trying to get it setup before I RMA it and order an S3.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
WHEN IS THE 10-15% REJECT RATE ON THE RK-BOXES GOING TO BE ADDRESSED???

Also, is there any way to convert the RK-box to the new design?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Activity: 38
Has anyone managed to get their RK-BOX successfully running on P2Pool for longer than an hour?  Seem's they're having the same issues I had with the R-BOX's where they submit too many invalid shares too quickly to the node and CGMiner goes down and the Pi reboots.  This is the same on the PC running CGMiner or BFGMiner.  Is this a known issue?  If it is, is there a workaround or a way to get it working?  I have been unable to find any information on this whatsoever so far and I'm running out of ideas.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
I wouldn't fret about duplicate shares unless your difficulty setting is really low and you're worried about sending 10-15% extra up the pipe. My best hashing results were on ghash.io >450, and worst on eligius <450, although, I'm not really sure why...

As far as frequencies go, you may want to try setting --rock-freq and see if it acknowledges it in the same way r-boxes do. I compiled rockminer's cgminer fork on Linux x86 and ARM, and noticed in the UI that it's using a new auto frequency setting. It appears the default is 350.

different frequency commands seem to have no effect. I added rock-freq, amu-freq, and rmu-freq options of 330 and 12hrs later still have a 940GH hashrate with 12.5% errors.

I switched to a 90CFM fan on one unit, and it still wasnt enough to keep it cool. using a pair of 60cfm fans to col the outer heatsinks helped though.  I really need a silent 110CFM option available in Canada

Throw a box fan behind them. Seems to cool them off a good 4-5C
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
I wouldn't fret about duplicate shares unless your difficulty setting is really low and you're worried about sending 10-15% extra up the pipe. My best hashing results were on ghash.io >450, and worst on eligius <450, although, I'm not really sure why...

As far as frequencies go, you may want to try setting --rock-freq and see if it acknowledges it in the same way r-boxes do. I compiled rockminer's cgminer fork on Linux x86 and ARM, and noticed in the UI that it's using a new auto frequency setting. It appears the default is 350.

different frequency commands seem to have no effect. I added rock-freq, amu-freq, and rmu-freq options of 330 and 12hrs later still have a 940GH hashrate with 12.5% errors.

I switched to a 90CFM fan on one unit, and it still wasnt enough to keep it cool. using a pair of 60cfm fans to col the outer heatsinks helped though.  I really need a silent 110CFM option available in Canada
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

legendary
ASIC Wannabe
using SSH:

USERNAME: pi
PASSWORD: rockminer

/etc/cgminer.conf - contains very little hardware settings outside of icarus-options:115200:1:1 - is there another file that determines fan speed/PWM control and chip frequency?
legendary
ASIC Wannabe
I have 2 RBoxes running at 450-500gh/s off of 1 RPi on the latest version, although with 10 percent rejects.

pretty musch same as me. after a full weekend its a 439GH/unit average but with 12.28% rejects.   822GH at the pool (ie: 12.3% less). If the cause of rejects can be identified and resolved, as well as adding a proper fan speed control, these could be an alright unit. but its not a finished product by any means
Activity: 36
someone already downloaded the 1.2.1 version ?
What's the difference with 1.1 ?
I can't seem to get it downloaded right,
it get's stuck at 16% from downloading or so.

Maybe someone can reupload it somewhere else.
Owner, Minersource.net
Disregard the previous version numbers I listed.

Right Image:
RaspberryPi_Rockminer_Rocket_V1.1.img

Wrong Image:
RaspberryPi_Rockminer_RBoxV0.3.1.img

I would try running against an x86 build of cgminer and see if they behave the same way. It seems yours are being recognized as rboxes… I had the same thing happen when I tested them on a 4.4.1 build of cgminer. Also, make sure they are getting enough power.

I have 6 running, 2 on rpi, 2 on beaglebone, and 2 on x86 ubuntu. No problems other than 10% reject rate.

We will try some more things, I would be very interested in the BB build as I have a strong dislike of Pis.

Also looks like a new image was posted, 1.2.1
legendary
Disregard the previous version numbers I listed.

Right Image:
RaspberryPi_Rockminer_Rocket_V1.1.img

Wrong Image:
RaspberryPi_Rockminer_RBoxV0.3.1.img

I would try running against an x86 build of cgminer and see if they behave the same way. It seems yours are being recognized as rboxes… I had the same thing happen when I tested them on a 4.4.1 build of cgminer. Also, make sure they are getting enough power.

I have 6 running, 2 on rpi, 2 on beaglebone, and 2 on x86 ubuntu. No problems other than 10% reject rate.
Owner, Minersource.net
Rockminer.com points to an sd image for the rocketbox on megaupload that is actually an image for the rbox(1.3.1). You'll notice the web-UI is version .5. I had similar issues with this build. You'll need to download the 1.3.2 version from baidu(web-UI v.9). I have 2 RBoxes running at 450-500gh/s off of 1 RPi on the latest version, although with 10 percent rejects.

I also built the latest customized cgminer for beaglebone and an x86 box. They seem to be a bit more stable on those systems. I'll provide an updated windows installer sometime this weekend.

We are using the version with web-UI v.9, labeled Rockminer v1.1.
legendary
Rockminer.com points to an sd image for the rocketbox on megaupload that is actually an image for the rbox(1.3.1). You'll notice the web-UI is version .5. I had similar issues with this build. You'll need to download the 1.3.2 version from baidu(web-UI v.9). I have 2 RBoxes running at 450-500gh/s off of 1 RPi on the latest version, although with 10 percent rejects.

I also built the latest customized cgminer for beaglebone and an x86 box. They seem to be a bit more stable on those systems. I'll provide an updated windows installer sometime this weekend.
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
We are having a problem with most if not all of our RK Boxes on Pis, only 1 blade works at full speed and the other 3 almost shit off and only run at 40GH.

Mine too. I thought it's because I am running stock cgminer 4.4.1 which has only rockminer rbox (right?) support. ie., run at 270 freq max 290. And the SD card was blank (but class 10) so didnt get time to chase and find the right software.

Are you saying it's a defect really?
Owner, Minersource.net
We are having a problem with most if not all of our RK Boxes on Pis, only 1 blade works at full speed and the other 3 almost shit off and only run at 40GH.
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

update after 1.5hrs of operation:

the unit is stable at about 927GH for two units - pretty good. still waiting for the pools delay to confirm.
Im using 1 DPS800 at 120V per rk-box, with 4 independant 16awg cables that I sell, and the second psu having two cables and two 16awg splitters. both methods are stable without wires getting warm. (up to ~130w per splitter or 260W were 16awg, with clear headroom to carry more Smiley)

the fan speed is silly though - how can this be turned down since the PWM functionality is clearly not in place and the fans are spinning at 100% blowing barely-warm exhaust and are probably in the same 70dB range as an SP10 at 60%

You may have to install lower power fans.

I tried but 70cfm fans were not sufficient - temps got up into the 55-65 range and 2 boards turned off. had to switch back. any good 100-120cfm suggestions?

also, after 9hrs operation the miners have 925GH hashrate but 12% rejects  - meaning only ~810Gh at the pool.

That's a lot of discarded shares.

I have used the Akasa Thermal fan in similar situations.  It's not PWM but it has a temperature sensor on it and the speed adjusts to the ambient temperature, up to about 105 cfm.  It would probably run full speed on this miner, but max noise level is 38 db.  Almost half of what you have now.  It's fairly reasonably priced too.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/10352/fan-677/Akasa_120mm_x_25mm_Auto_Thermal_Fan_-_800_-_2300_RPM_26C_-_45C_-_AK-174BKT-B.html?id=bcsD8IWM&mv_pc=316
legendary
ASIC Wannabe

the unit is stable at about 927GH for two units - pretty good. still waiting for the pools delay to confirm.
Im using 1 DPS800 at 120V per rk-box, with 4 independant 16awg cables that I sell, and the second psu having two cables and two 16awg splitters. both methods are stable without wires getting warm. (up to ~130w per splitter or 260W were 16awg, with clear headroom to carry more Smiley)

the fan speed is silly though - how can this be turned down since the PWM functionality is clearly not in place and the fans are spinning at 100% blowing barely-warm exhaust and are probably in the same 70dB range as an SP10 at 60%

I tried but 70cfm fans were not sufficient - temps got up into the 55-65 range and 2 boards turned off. had to switch back. any good 100-120cfm suggestions?

also, after 9hrs operation the miners have 925GH hashrate but 12% rejects  - meaning only ~810Gh at the pool.
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
Got my rkbox today. Bad I don't have time to properly config. It's kind of loud though. Need to get the s3 for comparison :-)

The class 10 8GB card looks blank. Does it supposed have a pi image?

mine arrived today.
1) shipping packaging sucked. loose cables rattling around, both miners have bent corners on the frame, one box was opened by the security agency.
2) class 10 card is good - works off the bat
3) BIG and HEAVY. way too much aluminum for the heat produced, its rediculous and probably why shipping costs a fortune.
4) LOUD. why do the fans not seem to be variable speed? It is really loud despite not being terribly hot.
5) too manyu cables. 4xPCIe is silly, as is 4x USB.
6) what is the ip address to reach the RPi once running?  EDIT: 192.168.1.254 on my network
7) whats the login for the raspberry pi?

legendary
ASIC Wannabe
Got my rkbox today. Bad I don't have time to properly config. It's kind of loud though. Need to get the s3 for comparison :-)

The class 10 8GB card looks blank. Does it supposed have a pi image?

mine arrived today.
1) shipping packaging sucked. loose cables rattling around, both miners have bent corners on the frame, one box was opened by the security agency.
2) class 10 card is good - works off the bat
3) BIG and HEAVY. way too much aluminum for the heat produced, its rediculous and probably why shipping costs a fortune.
4) LOUD. why do the fans not seem to be variable speed? It is really loud despite not being terribly hot.
5) too manyu cables. 4xPCIe is silly, as is 4x USB.
6) what is the ip address to reach the RPi once running?  EDIT: 192.168.1.254 on my network
7) whats the login for the raspberry pi?

Pages:
Jump to: