Pages:
Author

Topic: RK-BOX,450GH/S,480W ,shipping date 25th - page 3. (Read 14163 times)

Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Got my rkbox today. Bad I don't have time to properly config. It's kind of loud though. Need to get the s3 for comparison :-)

The class 10 8GB card looks blank. Does it supposed have a pi image?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
AFIAK my rocketbox hasnt even shipped Sad

its 6 days since the 25th was a promised ship date, with no tracking number or confirmation of shipping yet. Glad i only got a pair of them, since the remainder of my funds are now tagged for Bitmain gear.

We had ~53 on order for the first batch, Shipped this weekend (so late), But they are finally out for delivery today.

lucky you at least know where they are. I am used to bitmain shipping a day or two before giving me a tracking number, but only because they have elivered on time again and again (other than an S2 shipping two days late).

Not overly happy that my rocketbox is at least 5 days late, particularly since it was confirmed over email by alex on the 17th that "miners will be shipped out asap,may before than 25th."

hopefully seeing bitmain S3 units for sale will get the rockminer crew back on schedule and with some price reductions. Bitmain is offering cheaper hashrate thats about 30% more efficient.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net

its 6 days since the 25th was a promised ship date, with no tracking number or confirmation of shipping yet. Glad i only got a pair of them, since the remainder of my funds are now tagged for Bitmain gear.

We had ~53 on order for the first batch, Shipped this weekend (so late), But they are finally out for delivery today.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

Activity: 134
AntMiner S3 for sales shipping starts from July 10th

Bitmain is proud to announce the sale of AntMiner S3 for 0.75 BTC each to include International shipping
S3 is hashing at 478 GH/s while consumes 366 Watt power from the wall.

Notes:

1)   Power consumption: This figure depends on the PSU efficiency, ambient temperature and the accuracy of the power meters.

2)   PSU: You have to prepare your own the ATX PSU. The S3 ships without a PSU. There are 4 PCI-e connectors for +12V DC input, but it only needs to connect two of them if without overclocking (PSU not included). Don’t parallel connected different DC input from different PSU into the same Hashing board.

Features:

Stand alone: The S3 mines stand alone, needs no proxy server, ethernet controller on board.

Quiet: The customized heat sinks mounted to the hash boards, one box over S3 to control the air flow, two fans mounted on both front and back ends that mean fans are able to work at lower speed to dissipate all heat easily. This design let S3 run at much lower noise level.

Stable: Running 24 hours a day with minimal downtime.

Accurate: Hardware Error got from the sample unit rate is as low as 0.01%, hundreds times better than some competing products.

Efficient: High energy efficiency to save your investment on PSU and electricity bills.

Why didn't I order this instead of the "spaghetti incident"  Cry

Activity: 210
For those of you who haven't seen the Rocket Box video yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekgsAmnNChQ&feature=youtu.be

They say it comes with a pi, usb hub and all cables.

Holy shit, spaghetti wires like you talk about!   Huh

Something about a loose Pi and USB hub and USB cables all over the dam place just sounds messy.  And that doesn't even factor in the power connection to the PSU yet.

So far S3 has the edge over the RK-box in simplicity.  No pi's, hubs, put wire through this hole, then plug here nonsense.

Nothing matters besides ROI...who cares what it looks like.

Actually, looks does matter.  If a x wire snags on y wire on your home shelf, then you try to pull on one and it snags and the whole thing falls off...spaghetti wires does matter.

Also, this thing is not stackable at all, something it looks like you can do easily with the S3 without shelving.

I agree... While looks may not matter, the actual design does.

If you sell me a triangle shaped miner, I'm going to have a hard time putting 20 of them in one place.
Activity: 397
Merit: 350
Just got 22 Rocket box miners their doing great hashing out of the box in 15 minutes setup time.

Reserved for pics and videos later.

Check me out on Facebook.com/fiendsforfreedom if you want to see the pics earlier!
Activity: 672
http://fuk.io - check it out!
Can I use the same software on the RK box that I do on the R box?  I just got my Rbox, it's running good a nice little toy Smiley.  I have 4 S1's and am considering the RK box.

i think so!
Activity: 182
From the information we have so far I believe its a yes. Some settings maybe slightly different but it runs on same chips so it should be fine.

Steve
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Can I use the same software on the RK box that I do on the R box?  I just got my Rbox, it's running good a nice little toy Smiley.  I have 4 S1's and am considering the RK box.
Activity: 756
Also, this thing is not stackable at all, something it looks like you can do easily with the S3 without shelving.

I don't know, you get a couple of lag bolts in the holes on the bottom and top two sides of the X and you may be able to stack these. Not easily of course, but still stackable.

If there are bolts in the holes where oh where will you put the wires?  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Spell checking and grammar are the worst part of any article I write.  LOL
You should see the software grammar checks that want to change miner to minor.  LOL

iv got R-box [the small borther] works perfect - put up review and setup guide on my blog today - http://fuk.io/rbox-miner-review-how-to-setup-rockminer-r-box-bitcoin-asic-guide/

Nice guide, thank you!!!

Friendly advice, just run a spell check, before you post an article on your website. Will look more trustworthy.

Cheers!
Activity: 154
iv got R-box [the small borther] works perfect - put up review and setup guide on my blog today - http://fuk.io/rbox-miner-review-how-to-setup-rockminer-r-box-bitcoin-asic-guide/

Nice guide, thank you!!!

Friendly advice, just run a spell check, before you post an article on your website. Will look more trustworthy.

Cheers!
Activity: 672
http://fuk.io - check it out!
Activity: 182
Any new updates on the rk-box. Anybody get their rk-box in.  Any unboxing photo's. Guess I am just fishing for any new information. I am especially interested to see the final gh/s per watt.

Steve

Yikes...glad I didn't pay that much for mine...  Plus they're not delivering until July 7.
ZiG
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
My order still says unshipped, today is the 27th, so 2 days late and what's with the big mystery?

This is ridiculous, I am asking a simple question, for the product that I have purchased and that supposedly was going to shipped 2 days ago, what is going to be included in the carton box that I am waiting to receive. It's not so hard question to answer unless the product is still a ghost

You think this is ridiculous?!  Try ordering ANY other hardware and see where you get...

Nobody ever said it was shipping 2 days ago.  It wasn't even supposed to ship from China until yesterday, they apparently went out today, 1 day late.  Settle down.
This is ridiculous, I am asking a simple question, for the product that I have purchased and that supposedly was going to shipped 2 days ago, what is going to be included in the carton box that I am waiting to receive. It's not so hard question to answer unless the product is still a ghost

You think this is ridiculous?!  Try ordering ANY other hardware and see where you get...

Nobody ever said it was shipping 2 days ago.  It wasn't even supposed to ship from China until yesterday, they apparently went out today, 1 day late.  Settle down.

When I purchased the Rocket Box, the site said that the SD Card is included, now it says "SD card for every two units" Huh
When will you decide what's going to be included and what will not be included?
I also want to know if I am going to need a USB hub and 4 USB cables?
And what about this power supply cable for the Rasberry Pi?
In 4 days you are going to start delivering the product, I suppose you have all the components from your providers,
just tell me what I have purchased!

So the finished version uses only one USB port as opposed to the 4 USB cable tangle we see per box on the test unit?

The prototype looks like four independent miners each with its own power and controller/usb interface. Is the end product going to be like this?

Yeah seriously, are we going to need a USB hub for each miner?  Shocked

No you will not.
Pages:
Jump to: