Pages:
Author

Topic: RK-BOX,450GH/S,480W ,shipping date 25th - page 8. (Read 14163 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
So even with this aggressive pricing the miners aren't selling in numbers. What a surprise!

I wonder how will all 60PH going to sell with all these problems.

What do you know about their sales numbers?

BTW they are now selling for $0.79/gh excluding psu.

That's cheaper than your sp30 preorder which is 3+ months out.

And with PSU?

It may be cheaper, but it's more than double the power requirements. All big mining operations will stay away from these because of the excessive heat and power bills. Your only savior would be the uninformed casual home users just like last time when AM sold overpriced miners.

My SP30 is just one and a half month away!
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
So even with this aggressive pricing the miners aren't selling in numbers. What a surprise!

What do you know about their sales numbers?

BTW they are now selling for $0.79/gh excluding psu.

That's cheaper than your sp30 preorder which is 3+ months out.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
All i am saying essentially is that RK-box should be priced wayyyyyy better.

I do hope this happens but I am afraid there is almost no incentive to lower the price any further when the competition is at ~$1.4-2/gh.

Also I think that at ~$1.1/gh we are approaching what it costs to produce these miners (I estimate ~$0.7/gh) so I doubt we will see any dramatic price decreases in the near future.

All depends on price. Does this come with PSU? But we still need to supply the pi? This has to be under 1 btc to sell...

Yes it does need a psu. Not sure about the pi but afaik you will need to supply your own controller.

Also they are 0.9 btc each.

http://shop.rockminer.com/goods.php?id=36
Activity: 839
Merit: 608
All depends on price. Does this come with PSU? But we still need to supply the pi? This has to be under 1 btc to sell...

I do hope this happens but I am afraid there is almost no incentive to lower the price any further when the competition is at ~$1.4-2/gh.

Also I think that at ~$1.1/gh we are approaching what it costs to produce these miners (I estimate ~$0.7/gh) so I doubt we will see any dramatic price decreases in the near future.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
hence, limited advantage over S1 yet as it is the EXACT same price per same productivity with a small edge going to Rk-box in electricity consumption (~$500 for 5 ants for 3 mo vs ~$274 for 2 Rk-boxes at $0.12/kwh

No advantage if you can get 5XS1 for $240 each

Is saving $250/month on electricity not a significant advantage?

More like $230 per three months for 2Rk-box vs 5XS1, so $38/mo per RK-box or or slightly more than $1/day.
this advantagee disappears if you provision s1 at $240.

hence, limited advantage over S1 yet as it is the EXACT same price per same productivity with a small edge going to Rk-box in electricity consumption (~$500 for 5 ants for 3 mo vs ~$274 for 2 Rk-boxes at $0.12/kwh

Is saving $250/month on electricity not a significant advantage?
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
around .9 btc works  

hey, you got them this price idea  Smiley. 0.7-0.8 BTC would be better.
Did someone go through the whole ordering process?
Is shipping included in the price?
My understanding that it comes with microSD, but no rasp pi.

2RK-box=5 S1 in productivity
2RK-box=$1044 without pi and PSU, or slightly less than $1600 with.
$200 for 5X500W S1 power supplies plus $280X5=$1600 (the exact same number).

I don't see a VAST improvement in price so far
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
°^°
legendary
Activity: 1148
Ohh good. Just what I need...MORE WIRES

Do not want

Activity: 578
Merit: 508
No its NOT restricting airflow, its preventing airflow circumventing the heatsinks which don't meet in the centre.

It's a little more complicated:

1) If you notice, the center of the fan is taken up by the motor. Therefore, along the flow axis initially there isn't any air flow anyway.
2) Because the outer part of the fan blade is moving the fastest, this means that the outer cylindrical slice of air inside the box is moving the fastest.

IF channeling the air flow is so important, then just glue/attach a cheap plastic cylinder that runs the length of the miner to the motor hub to channel the air flow away from the center.

legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
It's not your fathers XBOX!  When will we see a price?  I'm anxious.  

prices needs to be under 1 btc not sure if it will be that low.

I get a 12 usd profit if it is 630 usd coins stay at 630 usd hash is 450 gh and watts are 480 gh with diff growth at 15% and I staet mining it today.

problem is i start to mine it on june 30 so it needs to be priced under 630 usd to work if coins are at 630 usd.

around .9 btc works   
Activity: 924
It's not your fathers XBOX!  When will we see a price?  I'm anxious. 
ZiG
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Update

RK-BOX specs:

Prototype is testing now,here is pics:

First batch production will be done on 24th,and shipping date will be 25th,email [email protected] or PM me to get more infos.

Thanks for your support.

UGLY...!!!

"AfroChinese" engineering... Grin
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
No its NOT restricting airflow, its preventing airflow circumventing the heatsinks which don't meet in the centre.
Activity: 578
Merit: 508
Update

RK-BOX specs:

Prototype is testing now,here is pics:

First batch production will be done on 24th,and shipping date will be 25th,email [email protected] or PM me to get more infos.

Thanks for your support.

Suggestions for design changes:

1) Change the X support design:
a) On the air flow output end you are blocking the air flow.
b) There are also two different X supports. One for the fan mount and one for the exhaust side.
c) The part where the X support mechanically touches the table transmits sound or can rattle.

X support design:

2) Use something like a metal plate square with a centered square hole in it. Have little rectangular legs on the plate. The point is that the same part can now be used to support the fan and on the exhaust side of the miner. This eliminates one part and a separate fabrication.

3) Now that the hot air is exhausted through a square hole you can now consider using a quieter, lower flow fan. Also the user at their option can install a pull fan.

4) Supply something like a cheap mouse pad so that vibration is damped and the table top is not used as a soundboard.

5) Or for the exhaust side just use the X support used for the fan.

If usefull: BTC 1A3GKZ4vhcayB84eBSjkZQhKMofdQCSGuX
Pages:
Jump to: