Pages:
Author

Topic: RK-BOX,450GH/S,480W ,shipping date 25th - page 7. (Read 14163 times)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100
The prototype looks like four independent miners each with its own power and controller/usb interface. Is the end product going to be like this?

Yeah seriously, are we going to need a USB hub for each miner?  Shocked
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
is the raspberry pi included?

No.
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'

These laws do not apply if you are not running a btc business, but i am so I have to report any 600 usd  of btc  transfer.

Finally, I got it, before that number of $600 that you cite was a complete mystery.
I know that any business that pays a person more than $600 in one tax year has to give out form 1099, but that's all. I was not sure that purchasing something qualifies as well.
Such purchase does qualify as expense on a yearly tax report, but that's trivial.
I am not sure what exactly you gain by NOT having your RK-box booked as an expense which could be used to offset the revenue, but i am not a tax expert.

I do not have to fully explain the history of the btc transferred if it is under 600usd. 

I can say purchased a rx-box for 580usd.    if the price was 580 usd the day i purchase it.

now if I buy a 3000 usd sp10    all in coin I need to completely explain  the full history of the 5.2 btc I paid with.

Or I am not compliant  with current law. 

So Lets say I purchased 3000 usd worth of coin from coin base wait 7 days for it to transfer I have to list price paid.

I have to list price it was worth when transferred  which is not to complicated if I bought from coinbase and moved it 8 days later….. But if the coins came from 6 sales here of .1 or .2 btc and from 3 miners and from coinbase it is a lot more complicated.

So until irs gets it shit together I no longer do coin movements or transferers over 600 usd.

I will use paypal which is how I purchased  my 1th dragon miner……

I will use cc's which is how i purchased 5 gridseed blades.  at about 650 usd each.  I have a lot of back history with fed tax law so I really try to cross the t's and dot the i's
Activity: 504
is the raspberry pi included?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
road stress has the best gear available in the world the sp10 and eventually the sp30 will be better gear.     But simple math shows  buying the rk-box is a better purchase .     I can earn from June 30th to Sept 30th   ...   The sp30 is delayed too long.

Also  if you are in the USA and buy a rx-box at .9btc you are not subject to US federal reporting laws.

A transfer of .9btc x 600 usd = 540 USD   UNDER THE CURRENT 600 TRANSFER LAW.  So I am looking to buy these and not worry about extra tax reporting.

I would have purchase an  in hand sp10 but was offered a deal in btc only not paypal. I was offered to buy an sp30 and that was also btc purchase.

I trusted the seller but with reporting laws I did not buy the gear.   My last over 600 usd purchase was a grid seed blade I did this purchase via paypal.

I did a purchase of 2800 for a 1th dragon miner  and that was paypal.

What make these rx box items interest me is the sale price will work with btc reporting laws of the USA.  

These laws do not apply if you are not running a btc business, but i am so I have to report any 600 usd  of btc  transfer.

Thank you! Don't forget shipping costs too for the rx-box.

I don't understand how come you didn't get a SP10 for $2800 and you got a 1TH dragon miner, but it's your choice and I respect that.
Activity: 616
road stress has the best gear available in the world the sp10 and eventually the sp30 will be better gear.     But simple math shows  buying the rk-box is a better purchase .     I can earn from June 30th to Sept 30th   ...   The sp30 is delayed too long.

Also  if you are in the USA and buy a rx-box at .9btc you are not subject to US federal reporting laws.

A transfer of .9btc x 600 usd = 540 USD   UNDER THE CURRENT 600 TRANSFER LAW.  So I am looking to buy these and not worry about extra tax reporting.

I would have purchase an  in hand sp10 but was offered a deal in btc only not paypal. I was offered to buy an sp30 and that was also btc purchase.

I trusted the seller but with reporting laws I did not buy the gear.   My last over 600 usd purchase was a grid seed blade I did this purchase via paypal.

What make these rx box items interest me is the sale price will work with btc reporting laws of the USA.  

Rockminer read your post, and understood that their price is 'too good', so they increased it to 1 BTC on their web site... Undecided

It would be nice if it was priced under about USD 500, as the import threshold for GST in Australia is AUD500 (which the Antminer S1 met, but Bitmain probably was not aware of this).

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848

Finally, I got it, before that number of $600 that you cite was a complete mystery.
I know that any business that pays a person more than $600 in one tax year has to give out form 1099, but that's all. I was not sure that purchasing something qualifies as well.
Such purchase does qualify as expense on a yearly tax report, but that's trivial.
I am not sure what exactly you gain by NOT having your RK-box booked as an expense which could be used to offset the revenue, but i am not a tax expert.
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
Jimmothy; you make constant bad financial decisions, this doesn't make you a know-all. Did you grab the opporchancity to get in on the Group Buy?
no?

you missed out. stop acting like a hurt child.

It's funny because every insult you've ever said applies to yourself.

And no I did not get in on that group buy which was never actually a group buy to begin with. Not that I would I ever gamble $5000 on a preorder.

Just curious, how much btc did you spend on your sp10's and how much did you earn back? I'd love to know how much a top notch financier like yourself has earned from your investments.

Also what is the going rate for pimping spongebobtech products? Not that I would be interested in ripping off naive investonomers.

LOL @ raskul && roadstress
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
Needs more heatsinks, bro.
But srsly though, maybe but it in a box so its easily stackable?
Activity: 574
You forgot cooling costs for the 1PH farm.

Those will add at least another 30% to the costs and you will end up paying for rockminers 3x more than the same farm with SP30. Great choice for the future!

With cooling added it comes out to about 2.5 times more electricity but electricity is still insignificant compared to the hardware costs and delivery date. (also assuming that the sp30 performs/ships as has been predicted by the magic crystal ball)

With cheap electricity (which almost all big mining farms will have) it makes no sense to wait 3 months so you can save an extra 60% on your already dirt cheap electricity costs.

There is a much bigger profit margin on 1.2w/gh now vs 0.5w/gh in 3 months.

I remember that the last year blades were overpriced too, not only the usb sticks! Don't try to hide it.

You might think they were overpriced but they did end up with a positive ROI.
Don't forget 1PH mining now is not the same return as 1PH mining a month or two from now, you need to factor in how much new hardware is being deployed from all of the other manufacturers that are / will be delivering in between.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
i am interested in one of the units. but i would be more interested the the rx-box instead of the rk-box. are you still taking orders for the rk box and will you ship one of them to canada.

Looks like they are both still for sale but minimum order for rx-box is 4 units.
You forgot cooling costs for the 1PH farm.

Those will add at least another 30% to the costs and you will end up paying for rockminers 3x more than the same farm with SP30. Great choice for the future!

With cooling added it comes out to about 2.5 times more electricity but electricity is still insignificant compared to the hardware costs and delivery date. (also assuming that the sp30 performs/ships as has been predicted by the magic crystal ball)

With cheap electricity (which almost all big mining farms will have) it makes no sense to wait 3 months so you can save an extra 60% on your already dirt cheap electricity costs.

There is a much bigger profit margin on 1.2w/gh now vs 0.5w/gh in 3 months.

I remember that the last year blades were overpriced too, not only the usb sticks! Don't try to hide it.

You might think they were overpriced but they did end up with a positive ROI.
legendary
Activity: 964
Merit: 1000
i am interested in one of the units. but i would be more interested the the rx-box instead of the rk-box. are you still taking orders for the rk box and will you ship one of them to canada.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
$0.81/gh with psu.

The only people who need more efficient miners are those with high electricity costs. Big mining operations will have cheap electricity so waiting 3 months for 50% more efficient miners is absurd.

To put it into perspective,

1PH farm of rockminers = 1200KW @ 0.05/kwh = $810,000 + $43,000/month
1PH farm of SP30 = 500KW @ 0.05/kwh = $850,000 + $18,000/month

It might make sense to go with sp30's if they were shipping in 2 weeks, but they aren't.

Your only savior would be the uninformed casual home users just like last time when AM sold overpriced miners

You mean those uninformed casual home users who all managed to achieve a positive ROI? (excluding usb miners)

Has anyone who ordered an SP10 actually turned a profit yet?

My SP30 is just one and a half month away!

Maybe yours is, but not the ones you're trying to sell.

You forgot cooling costs for the 1PH farm. Those will add at least another 30% to the costs and you will end up paying for rockminers 3x more than the same farm with SP30. Great choice for the future!

Good luck selling 60PH worth of miners. Maybe you can do it at 0.5$/GH with immediate shipping Smiley
Jimmothy; you make constant bad financial decisions, this doesn't make you a know-all. Did you grab the opporchancity to get in on the Group Buy?
no?

It's funny because every insult you've ever said applies to yourself.

And no I did not get in on that group buy which was never actually a group buy to begin with. Not that I would I ever gamble $5000 on a preorder.

Just curious, how much btc did you spend on your sp10's and how much did you earn back? I'd love to know how much a top notch financier like yourself has earned from your investments.

Also what is the going rate for pimping spongebobtech products? Not that I would be interested in ripping off naive investonomers.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

no?

So even with this aggressive pricing the miners aren't selling in numbers. What a surprise!

I wonder how will all 60PH going to sell with all these problems.

What do you know about their sales numbers?

BTW they are now selling for $0.79/gh excluding psu.

That's cheaper than your sp30 preorder which is 3+ months out.

And with PSU?

It may be cheaper, but it's more than double the power requirements. All big mining operations will stay away from these because of the excessive heat and power bills. .

$0.81/gh with psu.

The only people who need more efficient miners are those with high electricity costs. Big mining operations will have cheap electricity so waiting 3 months for 50% more efficient miners is absurd.

To put it into perspective,

1PH farm of rockminers = 1200KW @ 0.05/kwh = $810,000 + $43,000/month
1PH farm of SP30 = 500KW @ 0.05/kwh = $850,000 + $18,000/month

It might make sense to go with sp30's if they were shipping in 2 weeks, but they aren't.

Your only savior would be the uninformed casual home users just like last time when AM sold overpriced miners

You mean those uninformed casual home users who all managed to achieve a positive ROI? (excluding usb miners)

Has anyone who ordered an SP10 actually turned a profit yet?

All depends on price. Does this come with PSU? But we still need to supply the pi? This has to be under 1 btc to sell...

Yes it does need a psu. Not sure about the pi but afaik you will need to supply your own controller.

Also they are 0.9 btc each.

http://shop.rockminer.com/goods.php?id=36

Thanks for the info. Any est shipping date?

Update

First batch production will be done on 24th,and shipping date will be 25th,email [email protected] or PM me to get more infos.

Thanks for your support.
Activity: 839
Merit: 608
All depends on price. Does this come with PSU? But we still need to supply the pi? This has to be under 1 btc to sell...

Yes it does need a psu. Not sure about the pi but afaik you will need to supply your own controller.

Also they are 0.9 btc each.

http://shop.rockminer.com/goods.php?id=36

Thanks for the info. Any est shipping date?
Pages:
Jump to: