Pages:
Author

Topic: @RogerVer lets make a deal. At least 60k, my BTU for your BTC. - page 24. (Read 64849 times)

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
From my perspective at least, this is not a bet, it's a business transaction. My motivations are 90% profit and 10% because I do not foresee BU as it exists today succeeding with the lack of code review and still unsolved EC divergence. Nothing prevents a miner from switching to the Core chain and orphaning the entire BU chain if it becomes profitable to do so.

As for big vs small, I supported 2MB last year when there was no working implementation of LN. Today SegWit + LN appears to be ready to go. I believe that the BU miners are not looking at the bigger picture. On chain fees can continue to rise even while a large number of transactions move to LN. There is no issue paying a $10 fee to open a reusable channel, while the same fee for a single transaction is extreme. SW already offers 2MB, the only difference seems to be where the signatures are stored.

Let me ask you a question just to satisfy my own curiosity and discover the reason for your recent "business transaction" proposition to Ver. You are "loaded". I assume you live in a beautiful home with all the modern appointments. Surely you must have fine automobiles at your disposal and take worldwide vacations with the same frequency that other people change their underwear. In essence, you want for nothing. Your stake in the "business transaction" you're proposing is worth upwards of $60 million. With that kind of money, why would you not simply cash out, retire, and enjoy everything the world has to offer? Instead, you leverage your millions to prove a point? I don't get it.

i'm guessing you don't know many high wealth individuals, because i am yet to meet one that has as you put it, 'cashed out', 'retired'. tis not how they think and in essence the driving force to their high wealth.

(just noticed epiphy above explained it well also)
Activity: 812
Merit: 251
I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising
Here's a way that Roger could change the deal, and try to force Loaded into the "same" position he/she is forcing Roger into....

Roger could say this:

"The thing is, BU is a more valuable system than Bitcoin, so I will only exchange 1 BTU for 0.5 BTC. i.e sell me 65,000 BTU for 130,000 BTC

What's wrong Loaded, can't put your money where your mouth is?"

First Learn Maths & then come here to troll..
Activity: 812
I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising
OP, BTU doesn't exist. It's nothing. But I guess that if you indeed own that many coins you know better than me where to put your money Tongue

He is Just betting on the Possible Outcomes. If BTC forks then Rogers sends 130k BTC to loaded & loaded send same amount of BTU. If fork doesnt happen, then there is no BET.
Activity: 321
Merit: 250
If it pressures BU to make improvements, I reserve the right reevaluate the transaction. Win because at least the combined value will be higher.
I would not take this deal. This clause essentially allows you to back out of the deal if, closer to an actual fork it is clear that BU will be superior to Core, and does not allow Ver a similar out.

You are basically asking for a free put option on BU.

I agree with this concern. Maybe that's what Roger meant in the YouTube video comment as "working out the details". He shouldn't just agree to a lose-lose-lose bet if indeed Loaded wins in all the potential outcomes (win-win-win) as he put it.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
ROGER VER are you going to respond to this bet?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/60ozkh/rogerver_lets_make_a_deal_1_for_1_trade_at_least/

> 24 hr ..... Looks like BU and VER are a joke!

People share this reddit so he cant miss this option of a live time! Smiley

he already responded earlier in this thread.

I can also "respond" No signed BTC message......
so he does not put his money were his mouth is Loser BTC-U is a joke....

Did you not see the terms that loaded is offering? He is basically asking for a free put option on BU.

No one in their right mind would accept the terms loaded is offering regardless of what is being traded.
legendary
Activity: 980
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/60ozkh/rogerver_lets_make_a_deal_1_for_1_trade_at_least/

I can also "respond" No signed BTC message......
so he does not put his money were his mouth is Loser BTC-U is a joke....
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1097
I think the idea is that they would want to lock the coins in place before any fork happens. Your plan seems like it requires the fork to have already happened.

This is not possible without a replay protection, which BU refuses to include

It is possible to lock your coins in escrow before the fork. It isn't possible to do an atomic swap between the Bitcoin chain and an altcoin chain that doesn't exist yet.

Apparently Loaded doesn't want to trust any escrow for 60k BTC.

And you could solve any problem in a decentralized system with a centralized solution (e.g. escrow). It's just not very interesting.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

Let me ask you a question just to satisfy my own curiosity and discover the reason for your recent "business transaction" proposition to Ver. You are "loaded". I assume you live in a beautiful home with all the modern appointments. Surely you must have fine automobiles at your disposal and take worldwide vacations with the same frequency that other people change their underwear. In essence, you want for nothing. You're stake in the "business transaction" you're proposing is worth upwards of $60 million. With that kind of money, why would you not simply cash out, retire, and enjoy everything the world has to offer? Instead, you leverage your millions to prove a point? I don't get it.

Why does anyone with a high net worth continue to work? I'm in it to protect and grow my investment.

I am only entering this from a win-win-win perspective.

A lot of people don't understand this. For most, wealth is not a barrier, it is a gradient. The attitude that comes with 'cashing out' is the opposite attitude needed for growing a large net worth. Almost all of the high wealth individuals I deal with have the exact same obsessive need to keep growing their numbers, and will work until they die. If they didn't, they wouldn't be worth that much.

That said, I do still wonder if there is much more impactful methods to protect and grow your bitcoin net worth that isn't a bet. You are in a unique position to be able to impact bitcoins value. Perhaps, if you win, consider re-investing the winnings back into bitcoin developer funding programs? Maybe some bitcoin based startups? Even some kind of global marketing endeavor to help improve the worlds perception of bitcoin? All of these could potentially help grow the rest of your stash by a large amount. Bitcoin needs a lot of help, and it should bother everyone that bitcoin isn't surpassing Snapchats market cap.

Good post.

The challenges of open source development are formidable.

Everyone complained about the Bitcoin foundation, and they were really weren't that bad.  

You can't even really blame Blockstream for trying to commercialize development
of Bitcoin, (although the way they went about it has been a horror show and is
being rejected by the market)  

I dig your suggestion for developer funding.  

I do think early adopters can get an ROI by 'giving away' funding in order to get a better
product that will lead to greater adoption and thus token appreciation.  The questions
are how to do that intelligently and at what scale.  

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000
I would not risk that much just to prove a point but hey if both of you feel like it  ... Good luck, the future will tell (soon ?) who was right.  Wink
Activity: 4
Merit: 0

Let me ask you a question just to satisfy my own curiosity and discover the reason for your recent "business transaction" proposition to Ver. You are "loaded". I assume you live in a beautiful home with all the modern appointments. Surely you must have fine automobiles at your disposal and take worldwide vacations with the same frequency that other people change their underwear. In essence, you want for nothing. You're stake in the "business transaction" you're proposing is worth upwards of $60 million. With that kind of money, why would you not simply cash out, retire, and enjoy everything the world has to offer? Instead, you leverage your millions to prove a point? I don't get it.

Why does anyone with a high net worth continue to work? I'm in it to protect and grow my investment.

I am only entering this from a win-win-win perspective.

A lot of people don't understand this. For most, wealth is not a barrier, it is a gradient. The attitude that comes with 'cashing out' is the opposite attitude needed for growing a large net worth. Almost all of the high wealth individuals I deal with have the exact same obsessive need to keep growing their numbers, and will work until they die. If they didn't, they wouldn't be worth that much.

That said, I do still wonder if there is much more impactful methods to protect and grow your bitcoin net worth that isn't a bet. You are in a unique position to be able to impact bitcoins value. Perhaps, if this goes through, consider re-investing back into bitcoin developer funding programs? Maybe some bitcoin based startups? Even some kind of global marketing endeavor to help improve the worlds perception of bitcoin? All of these could potentially help grow the rest of your stash by a large amount. Bitcoin needs a lot of help, and it should bother everyone that bitcoin isn't surpassing Snapchats market cap.
legendary

legendary

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
With that kind of money, why would you not simply cash out, retire, and enjoy everything the world has to offer? Instead, you leverage your millions to prove a point? I don't get it.
The answer to this question lies in your reply itself,he can choose what he wants with his assets and so is the reason he chooses to leverage his millions to prove a point ,there wont be a substantial response from Roger and he wont accept the challenge because he knows he will loose in the end,but will talk his way out for sure. Cheesy

He still has a nice pair of brass swingers hanging low. I wouldn't even trust any escrow or transfer with that much at once. Knowing my luck, I'd accidentally send the coins out to space or some shit. LOL
legendary

jonald_fyookball you are a moron that speaks about things you know nothing about

You're not the first to think so, and probably won't be the last.  Kiss
Activity: 532
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18207263
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18206954
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18206783
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18206438
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18202772
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18203026
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18203250
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18203397

I missed one.  Nonetheless here are post after post of carlton banks repeating and copy/pasting the same question over and over.  I kept explaining I don't agree with the premise so I cannot properly address the question.  But Carlton doesn't understand what a premise is.  He doesn't know what the word means and so he keep repeating the question.

Carlton is dumb and ignorant.  Not educated.  We need to keep the discussion to include people that at least have hope of contributing or gaining from it.

Carlton is a shitdiot.

Also I had a post deleted in that thread because it was apparently a derail when I simply confirmed that a poster had said something intelligent.  Who the fuck is the mod that deleted my post and ignored this fucking retard? Who is the idiot mod?
MODS WTF IS THIS IDIOT ALLOWED TO POLLUTE A SIGNIFICANT AND INTELLIGENT THREAD WITH REPEATED COPY PAST SHIT POSTS AND I AM NOT ALLOWED TO AFFIRM AN INTELLIGENT POSTER'S RESPONSE?Huh!!!!

jonald_fyookball you are a moron that speaks about things you know nothing about
Activity: 532
Am I the only one who assumes Roger will make this exchange into a financial write off or used for at least a tax advantage?

BTUCoin!

jmo
Yes because no one believes any of this will happen. Ver is a deceitful lair.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
Am I the only one who assumes Roger will make this exchange into a financial write off or used for at least a tax advantage?

BTUCoin!

jmo
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007
RHavar and I have finalized the terms of our bet and dooglus has kindly accepted to serve as escrow.  Here are the details for those who are interested:

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/60yh6v/for_fun_and_profit_my_friendly_little_bet_with/
legendary
As much as people hate on BTU, there's a risk of the chain surviving. Exchanging your coins for one chain is a high risk move that could leave you penniless.

PLEASE go trol somwere else.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuW66xlUW9A
BTCU is all just a joke to milk , its simple as long the statusquo stays the fee will go up.
Current fee is $300.000 a day ,
miners will get more. and Roger ver is a paid chill.  
As trace mayer says let them slip NOW.... BTU will fail before the first coin is confirmed!
Loaded should invest in miningpool for seqwit Smiley
THE SPLIT WILL NEVER COME BECAUSE IT WILL KILL BU INSTANDLY.
So what loaded can do is buy ver and wu in to segwit.

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262
BTC or BUST
As much as people hate on BTU, there's a risk of the chain surviving. Exchanging your coins for one chain is a high risk move that could leave you penniless.

Their may be a correlation between people that own crypto and are willing to take risks..
Maybe because investing in any of this could leave you penniless..

Like the OP and Ver, sitting on that much BTC, that's a massive risk right there by itself..
I think us bitcoiners are risk takin dudes in general..
Pages:
Jump to: