Pages:
Author

Topic: @RogerVer lets make a deal. At least 60k, my BTU for your BTC. - page 25. (Read 64849 times)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
As much as people hate on BTU, there's a risk of the chain surviving. Exchanging your coins for one chain is a high risk move that could leave you penniless.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
Willing to trade my $BTC for $BTU, at a rate of 0.9 $BTC for every one of my $BTU.

Really, I'll take that trade, assuming you want BTU? I can find escrow.

Sorry, musta misworded, I mean trading my $BTU for $BTC

No worries, got me excited there for a second.  Smiley
Activity: 105
Valar nomordumpis.
Willing to trade my $BTC for $BTU, at a rate of 0.9 $BTC for every one of my $BTU.

Sorry, musta misworded, I mean trading my $BTU for $BTC
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
If it pressures BU to make improvements, I reserve the right reevaluate the transaction. Win because at least the combined value will be higher.
I would not take this deal. This clause essentially allows you to back out of the deal if, closer to an actual fork it is clear that BU will be superior to Core, and does not allow Ver a similar out.

You are basically asking for a free put option on BU.
legendary

Activity: 105
Valar nomordumpis.
legendary
I am in to trade my possible BTU to BTC 1:1

you'll be able to do so on exchanges if a market exists.  Stop bothering the whales.

If only... 1:1 is a bargain. I seriously doubt we'd see that.

Yeah, I'm pretty certain it won't be 1:1. LOL!

Why not? If Roger is serious, he will make the trade straight up, no reason not to.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

you'll be able to do so on exchanges if a market exists.  Stop bothering the whales.

Yeah, I'm pretty certain it won't be 1:1. LOL!
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
Really hoping Ver will actually come out and accept this deal, it'll really show that he believes in the chance for BTU to survive and it will provide a good amount of confidence in the rest of the people who are skeptical on which scaling solution to actually back.

Highly doubt he is going to though, as it's an insane amount of money to put forward on something like this. Plus, I highly doubt Ver believes this much in BTU's chance of survival and value after hard fork (if that occurs that is)

Who wouldn't want to do this, gosh? BTU is a bit out their on their solutions too, Segwit plz help.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

Are you a companion fish ITT?
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
With that kind of money, why would you not simply cash out, retire, and enjoy everything the world has to offer? Instead, you leverage your millions to prove a point? I don't get it.
The answer to this question lies in your reply itself,he can choose what he wants with his assets and so is the reason he chooses to leverage his millions to prove a point ,there wont be a substantial response from Roger and he wont accept the challenge because he knows he will loose in the end,but will talk his way out for sure. Cheesy

I thought the bet was simply "my bitcoin unlimited for your btc in a chain split - at least $60M"
But now seem's "as long as no more development happens that enables safe activation" Looking like an opt out for loaded?
(like hayek say's above - "my BTU for BTC 1:1 if there is a fork.", no mention of no more development, just a fork?)

Who would have expected Roger to even entertain this $60m "bet"? I didn't. But he has said he is. A $60m+ Core Bluff being called?
If i was at the poker table at this point, i would either fold or raise, not call.

Knowing i will turn my hand into the nuts if bitcoin unlimited activated with *enough hash power (*explained in above posts) ,
and a split pot if never activated below that threshold, a raise is on the cards.

Loaded (core) supporters already calling Roger out for backing down, (while changing their terms?), before Roger even returns - after stating his interest?
Give a little respect?

I await Rogers response. Loaded's clarification on this (added?) "BU as is now" clause would also be nice?

legendary
Activity: 1302
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Activity: 370
Merit: 250
Thought:

I would also like to trade Roger Ver my BTU for BTC 1:1 if there is a fork. Is it possible to take up a collection and find out how many of us think the same way?
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Ver lets meet up bro.

When you coming back to the key?
Activity: 246
Merit: 250
With that kind of money, why would you not simply cash out, retire, and enjoy everything the world has to offer? Instead, you leverage your millions to prove a point? I don't get it.
The answer to this question lies in your reply itself,he can choose what he wants with his assets and so is the reason he chooses to leverage his millions to prove a point ,there wont be a substantial response from Roger and he wont accept the challenge because he knows he will loose in the end,but will talk his way out for sure. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074
Here's a way that Roger could change the deal, and try to force Loaded into the "same" position he/she is forcing Roger into....

Roger could say this:

"The thing is, BU is a more valuable system than Bitcoin, so I will only exchange 1 BTU for 2 BTC. i.e sell me 65,000 BTU for 130,000 BTC

What's wrong Loaded, can't put your money where your mouth is?"
legendary
Let me ask you a question just to satisfy my own curiosity and discover the reason for your recent "business transaction" proposition to Ver. You are "loaded". I assume you live in a beautiful home with all the modern appointments. Surely you must have fine automobiles at your disposal and take worldwide vacations with the same frequency that other people change their underwear. In essence, you want for nothing. You're stake in the "business transaction" you're proposing is worth upwards of $60 million. With that kind of money, why would you not simply cash out, retire, and enjoy everything the world has to offer? Instead, you leverage your millions to prove a point? I don't get it.

That's precisely why you're not rich. No offense, but people who don't have money often don't understand why people who have money don't just up and walk away from work, the reason is why they're rich in the first place, they don't quit. The same can be said for Roger, why doesn't he just sell his Bitcoin and buy and island?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

1% hash security cannot split away from the 99% hash security, and hold a higher valuation. 

realistically, no, it couldn't.  I agree.

But 25% could fork off and conceivably be favored in the marketplace.  This is apparently
what the OP believes will happen.

Pages:
Jump to: