Pages:
Author

Topic: @RogerVer lets make a deal. At least 60k, my BTU for your BTC. - page 6. (Read 64844 times)

vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155
I'm also bumping this to call Loaded the lying scumbag that he is.
I contacted him multiple times,  provided him with all of my personal contact details including personal cell phone number so we could move ahead, and he never contacted me, and never even logged into the forum again.
I'm sick of the dishonest lying, cheating, and censorship tactics being employed by some (not all) of the Blockstream supporters.
It is disgusting, and you should be ashamed of yourselves.  (Especially Theymos)
Activity: 526
Merit: 508
My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck
BUMP!  Time to bring this up again, this time for BCC!

Loaded - You around buddy? Roger's supporting the sad BCC altcoin now that will fork off of bitcoin on Aug 1.

Batter up!
Activity: 840
Merit: 254
I love BTC
Haha, BTC for BTU
Who cares about BTU?lol
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
I have yet to receive any contact. Will be on vacation with spotty internet until Monday.

It's been more than a month now and still no reply. Roger on the other hand is still here and true to his word.

Grin
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Reddit seems to have caught that post in a spam filter, it shows up when I'm logged in. I lost the password to my other reddit account.

60K is personal holdings, possibly up to an additional 70K in client funds depending on their sentiment, which pretty strongly leans Core.

Escrow wise, I would hope someone could come up with an atomic swap method.

No split, no transaction. If there is a split, I'd love to double up.

Hi,

http://hackingdistributed.com/2017/07/11/atomic-transfer/

http://homepages.cs.ncl.ac.uk/patrick.mc-corry/atomically-trading-roger.pdf
U2
Activity: 676
Merit: 503
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...
You guys let Ver troll the shit out of you.

Plain and simple....

You look like guppies, being strung around behind the curtain.

Who cares about BTU...

Like 2 BTC in VOL?

Wasting your time here don't you think?

Lames.

Um, what? You drunk bro? BU isn't a real coin/altcoin/fork at this point. So they have 0 volume. They don't exist. Maybe you're looking at futures which OBVIOUSLY would have almost 0 volume because they probably will never even exist! Throw your penny into the wishing well and hope it turns into a grand. It's not going to happen though.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 260
Welp. Lots of whales starting fights... I really hope that if we make a move to BU, they don't try and force a split. That would be horrible, jeez.

Turns out Bitcoin is more than a small community of people with lots of power. It's a community of people that will use this power to hurt themselves and others.

The BU might not be activated this year, but bitcoin will have bigger block in the future.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030
give me your cryptos
Welp. Lots of whales starting fights... I really hope that if we make a move to BU, they don't try and force a split. That would be horrible, jeez.

Turns out Bitcoin is more than a small community of people with lots of power. It's a community of people that will use this power to hurt themselves and others.
Activity: 173
Merit: 105
If the fork happens then all your bitcoins recorded in pre-fork blocks will exist in both blockchains, i.e. all of a sudden you will own the same amount of BTU as you have BTC (that is, as long as you hold your private keys so that you can import them into the BTU wallet).

Now if Loaded says that he doesn't care for BTU then it makes perfect sense for him to take all those 60k-130k free BTU that will magically appear out of nowhere in his BTU wallet and sell them asap for BTC. It might seem a bit risky that he wants to make the deal so much in advance before anybody can possibly know what the actual value of BTC vs BTU will turn out to be, but given his strong sentiment it's understandable and after all he won't be losing any of his (and his clients') BTC anyway.

On the other hand, Roger Ver's behavior, who allegedly owns 300k BTC and thus may also out of a thin air become the owner of 300k BTU totally free of change, is not that clear. Why would he even bother thinking about changing his 300k BTC + 300k BTU into 240k BTC + 360 BTU? It's merely a 20% shift. It seems more likely that the kid (a convicted felon who has been to federal prison, btw) either doesn't know how fork actually works or he doesn't own his private keys. Either way, an amusing example of self-ridicule.

This is the most intelligent post in this thread to date.

I would have expected this very vocal minority to attempt their fork by now. Maybe the recent price increase has people thinking twice about making huge gambles with their wealth in exchange for a relatively tiny feature request.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
If the fork happens then all your bitcoins recorded in pre-fork blocks will exist in both blockchains, i.e. all of a sudden you will own the same amount of BTU as you have BTC (that is, as long as you hold your private keys so that you can import them into the BTU wallet).

Now if Loaded says that he doesn't care for BTU then it makes perfect sense for him to take all those 60k-130k free BTU that will magically appear out of nowhere in his BTU wallet and sell them asap for BTC. It might seem a bit risky that he wants to make the deal so much in advance before anybody can possibly know what the actual value of BTC vs BTU will turn out to be, but given his strong sentiment it's understandable and after all he won't be losing any of his (and his clients') BTC anyway.

On the other hand, Roger Ver's behavior, who allegedly owns 300k BTC and thus may also out of a thin air become the owner of 300k BTU totally free of change, is not that clear. Why would he even bother thinking about changing his 300k BTC + 300k BTU into 240k BTC + 360 BTU? It's merely a 20% shift. It seems more likely that the kid (a convicted felon who has been to federal prison, btw) either doesn't know how fork actually works or he doesn't own his private keys. Either way, an amusing example of self-ridicule.

This is the most intelligent post in this thread to date.
Activity: 589
Merit: 507
I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.

Activity: 574
Merit: 502
waiting to explode
Maybe he got cold feet. 40k BTC is not a small chunk.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
I have yet to receive any contact. Will be on vacation with spotty internet until Monday.

It's been more than a month now and still no reply. Roger on the other hand is still here and true to his word.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

They're not miners so they don't count. The users will of course do what their mining overlords tell them to do and pile in to a system that breaks every few hours.
No, the users will follow whatever is the logical course of action.*

The previous Bitcoin is likely to activate SegWit if there's a low-consensus split, which pretty much will definitely happen.  Regardless of any attacks on the minority chain, SegWit will probably come out on top for economic support.

*except for online wallet users and other bank supporters

I would like to avoid any sort of split and see segwit activated with miner consensus just like LTC and other coins, but im afraid Jihad will keep avoiding it in order to keep his ASICBOOST scam running. He doesn't care about LTC because he can't use ASICBOOST there, he was just avoiding it because he couldn't be able to explain why he suddenly decided to signal for it while blocking it on bitcoin (as disclosed by the chat leaks) but he finally accepted. Now LTC is mooning and will scale to trillions of transactions per second. BTC is mooning too but let's see how long it lasts.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

They're not miners so they don't count. The users will of course do what their mining overlords tell them to do and pile in to a system that breaks every few hours.
No, the users will follow whatever is the logical course of action.*

The previous Bitcoin is likely to activate SegWit if there's a low-consensus split, which pretty much will definitely happen.  Regardless of any attacks on the minority chain, SegWit will probably come out on top for economic support.

*except for online wallet users and other bank supporters
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
Loaded already made his proposition, and Ver has accepted it. What else does Ver need? BU hasn't forked yet, BTC-U don't exist yet. So why does he wait for Loaded's response? Goddamn troll. Fork BU and come again.

He is trolling this thread into a fake win.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
You guys let Ver troll the shit out of you.

Plain and simple....

You look like guppies, being strung around behind the curtain.

Who cares about BTU...

Like 2 BTC in VOL?

Wasting your time here don't you think?

Lames.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
As of this moment,  Loaded still has not contacted in any way despite my asking him to, and providing all of my personal contact details.
I think it is fair to say that Loaded has backed out,  or never had any intention of going through with the deal in the first place. 

Meanwhile, Greg Maxwell and others are going around spreading the lie that I've backed out of this deal.

Loaded, I'm still waiting to hear from you!

I don't think he cares anymore. You said 48 hours, you took a lot more, and this was when all of this was relevant. BU is no longer relevant. Futures show BTC-U has been dumped into oblivion. Nodes keep crashing while you claim they are production ready, f2pool already joined segwit, 75% of everyone running relevant services want segwit. BU rejected by 70%!

https://medium.com/@21/using-21-to-survey-blockchain-personalities-on-the-bitcoin-hard-fork-1953c9bcb8ed

We would like to know why you keep ignoring reality.
Pages:
Jump to: