Pages:
Author

Topic: @RogerVer lets make a deal. At least 60k, my BTU for your BTC. - page 8. (Read 64844 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/

The facts are Loaded posted here offering Roger a deal, Roger then responded expressing interest in the deal and from there it seems to have gone no further, is that right?
Yup thats the facts.  But you said Loaded chickened out, which is non sensical since the only thing that changed was no one is talking about BU anymore as a serious threat because it's laughable communistic propaghandi and fud.
You really are the full time troll aren't you, please point out where I said the loaded chickened out.

I am not here to defend or dispute BU, just because I do a little work for bitcoin.com doesn't mean I have to follow them blindly, I can think for myself.
Activity: 532
Merit: 251

The facts are Loaded posted here offering Roger a deal, Roger then responded expressing interest in the deal and from there it seems to have gone no further, is that right?
Yup thats the facts.  But you said Loaded chickened out, which is non sensical since the only thing that changed was no one is talking about BU anymore as a serious threat because it's laughable communistic propaghandi and fud.
legendary

Before you have to go to school for the day can you just point out what part of my quoted post you find to be bullshit?
The whole thing, including the persona you present as yourself.
And by typing bullshit over and over in caps is what you call presenting yourself in a good way?

Anyway this is getting off-topic, either bring it back to the topic or go away.

You spend a whole lot of time defending Roger Ver while promoting forum.bitcoin.com under your avatar lol - I'm sure the two are completely unrelated.

If you call one post that i made spending a whole lot of time defending Roger then it must take you a long time to write a single post.

I promote forum.bitcoin.com under my avatar because i like the community there and act as the forum moderator, besides Roger doesn't need myself or anyone to defend him, I am sure he can do that himself.

X7
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

Before you have to go to school for the day can you just point out what part of my quoted post you find to be bullshit?
And by typing bullshit over and over in caps is what you call presenting yourself in a good way?

You spend a whole lot of time defending Roger Ver while promoting forum.bitcoin.com under your avatar lol - I'm sure the two are completely unrelated.

Anyone with half a brain would double up vs BU since the OP was made.
legendary

legendary

Loaded tried to pull a bluff to make Roger look bad and it backfired on him big time.

I can't see Roger wasting anymore time on this. He especially isn't going to come just here to waste his time trolling a troll by posting "I told you so"
BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loaded tried to pull a bluff to make Roger look bad and it backfired on him big time.

I can't see Roger wasting anymore time on this. He especially isn't going to come just here to waste his time trolling a troll by posting "I told you so"
BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
This thread is great.

i think it should be locked. there ain't nothing else to say or do and it's gonna deteriorate into even more boring insults about things the people here have no control over.

Oh please, like this thread was ever something more than bullshit ego stroking. I posted this at the beginning of this thread because that's all this thread would ever become.

Let me summarize this exchange for those that don't have the time to watch all the drama unfold.

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
This thread is great.

i think it should be locked. there ain't nothing else to say or do and it's gonna deteriorate into even more boring insults about things the people here have no control over.
Activity: 393
Merit: 107
This thread is great.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
There was the bug that would cause nodes to think that an unlimited number of bitcoin was created as part of a transaction in Bitcoin's very early days, luckily the person who figured out how to do this went crazy and made it appear as if billions of bitcoin were created, making it very obvious there was a problem.

Ah yeah I thought thats what you were referring to.

Just to note that the bug could only create 92233720368.54277039 BTC per block, no more or less, as thats the max value for a UINT_64 integer.

It's also difficult to know whether it was purposely exploited, as the bug could trigger under normal circumstances.

You're both wrong.

QS: that bug existed long before "Bitcoin Core" was a thing; it was in Satoshi's original code. Also, the only way to exploit the bug was to create billions of Bitcoin. The bug never would have worked to create smaller amounts.

anon: you're wrong in several ways:

1) the max value for a UINT_64 integer is 2**64 - 1, or 18446744073709551615
2) that would correspond to the creation of 184467440737.09551616 BTC
3) even if we were taking about a signed integer, the number would be (2**63) / 1e8 = 92233720368.54775808 BTC per block, not what you wrote
4) the bug could create any integer multiple of that amount per block, so long as the sum of the outputs in satoshis was less than the sum of the inputs (modulo 2^64)
5) it's very unlikely that the exploitation was accidental
legendary
So what happened with this deal ? done yet...

looks like loaded was bluffing.

So does that mean Roger Ver was bluff-calling Loaded's bluff because he knows that Loaded knows that they are both bluffing? Roger is smarter than his enemies think and he could be responsible for a lot of whats going on in Bitcoin. I hope the deal gets done so we can have something to laugh about on 2018,
I think it looks like Roger called Loaded'so bluff.
It is not hard to contact Roger and I am sure if loaded did and Roger was posting here saying he has received no contact then loaded would be jumping up and down all over this thread.

Yeah thats because Roger Ver knows theres a huge chance that Loaded was bluffing. What I want to know now is if Roger would make the same call if he knew someone wasnt bluffing. If for example someone known in Bitcoin did the same bet and that hes also known to have a lot of BTC as Roger, would he still make the same call? Thats risking a lot there and I dont think we would hear anything from Roger.
Your whole post is just assumptions, how could you possibly say that Roger knew it was a bluff the whole time, thats impossible to know.
Loaded signed an address to show he had the coins so it was a long winded bluff if that was his plan from the start.

Yes thats true because after all that happened its open to debate whether Roger Ver really had the intention to make the deal or of Loaded was serious. I cant help assume that both actors were playing mind games and I assume that they were both half hearted in making their moves. If they werent, one of them would be tease the other for doing nothing.

Activity: 868
Merit: 259
So what happened with this deal ? done yet...

looks like loaded was bluffing.

So does that mean Roger Ver was bluff-calling Loaded's bluff because he knows that Loaded knows that they are both bluffing? Roger is smarter than his enemies think and he could be responsible for a lot of whats going on in Bitcoin. I hope the deal gets done so we can have something to laugh about on 2018,
I think it looks like Roger called Loaded'so bluff.
It is not hard to contact Roger and I am sure if loaded did and Roger was posting here saying he has received no contact then loaded would be jumping up and down all over this thread.

Yeah thats because Roger Ver knows theres a huge chance that Loaded was bluffing. What I want to know now is if Roger would make the same call if he knew someone wasnt bluffing. If for example someone known in Bitcoin did the same bet and that hes also known to have a lot of BTC as Roger, would he still make the same call? Thats risking a lot there and I dont think we would hear anything from Roger.
Your whole post is just assumptions, how could you possibly say that Roger knew it was a bluff the whole time, thats impossible to know.
Loaded signed an address to show he had the coins so it was a long winded bluff if that was his plan from the start.

Yes thats true because after all that happened its open to debate whether Roger Ver really had the intention to make the deal or of Loaded was serious. I cant help assume that both actors were playing mind games and I assume that they were both half hearted in making their moves. If they werent, one of them would be tease the other for doing nothing.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
Roger Ver's dimension has been hard forked and now he's trapped in a parallel universe where 48h means 48years. In his universe also BU has economic majority support.

maybe you didn't follow the thread - Ver contacted Loaded.  ball's been in his court for about a week.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Roger Ver's dimension has been hard forked and now he's trapped in a parallel universe where 48h means 48years. In his universe also BU has economic majority support.
Activity: 63
Merit: 5
Endless tweeting of stuff that groups of people supposedly said, with no citation or quotes. Not exactly fair way to attach opinions to people. If he named someone specificially he'd probably be in deep shit. He knows exactly how to do it.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
 I would like to see roger ver lose his wealth (which he won out of luck) as BU fails.

He won them out of luck? What do you mean?

Roger Ver became a multi-millionaire at 25 by selling explosives on ebay and selling counterfeit cisco hardware to the US government. He spent 10 months in prison and had to rat out his cisco supplier for a deal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Ver#Selling_explosives
http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-4th-circuit/1627804.html
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
  I would like to see roger ver lose his wealth (which he won out of luck) as BU fails.

He won them out of luck? What do you mean?
Pages:
Jump to: