Pages:
Author

Topic: @RogerVer lets make a deal. At least 60k, my BTU for your BTC. - page 9. (Read 64844 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/
The prerequisite for the deal is a hard fork, which we can now with near certainty predict is not going to happen. So both parties can bluff and pretend to make whatever deal they want, but there will not be any exchange of coins.

If I were Loaded I also wouldn't waste any more time on this, the deal is dead at this point.

Well at least Loaded signed the bitcoins, roger never signed the bitcoins which means he didn't even prove he owns them.

Im glad the hard fork fears are lowering because hard fork = price crash and we all lose, but I would like to see roger ver lose his wealth (which he won out of luck) as BU fails.
Roger does not need to sign anything, this was already discussed.
I am quite sure that Roger made his money through a lot of hard work with memory dealers, he did not come into his total wealth just from bitcoins and luck.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
The prerequisite for the deal is a hard fork, which we can now with near certainty predict is not going to happen. So both parties can bluff and pretend to make whatever deal they want, but there will not be any exchange of coins.

If I were Loaded I also wouldn't waste any more time on this, the deal is dead at this point.

Well at least Loaded signed the bitcoins, roger never signed the bitcoins which means he didn't even prove he owns them.

Im glad the hard fork fears are lowering because hard fork = price crash and we all lose, but I would like to see roger ver lose his wealth (which he won out of luck) as BU fails.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
In cryptography we trust

legendary
So what happened with this deal ? done yet...

looks like loaded was bluffing.

So does that mean Roger Ver was bluff-calling Loaded's bluff because he knows that Loaded knows that they are both bluffing? Roger is smarter than his enemies think and he could be responsible for a lot of whats going on in Bitcoin. I hope the deal gets done so we can have something to laugh about on 2018,
I think it looks like Roger called Loaded'so bluff.
It is not hard to contact Roger and I am sure if loaded did and Roger was posting here saying he has received no contact then loaded would be jumping up and down all over this thread.

Yeah thats because Roger Ver knows theres a huge chance that Loaded was bluffing. What I want to know now is if Roger would make the same call if he knew someone wasnt bluffing. If for example someone known in Bitcoin did the same bet and that hes also known to have a lot of BTC as Roger, would he still make the same call? Thats risking a lot there and I dont think we would hear anything from Roger.
Your whole post is just assumptions, how could you possibly say that Roger knew it was a bluff the whole time, thats impossible to know.
Loaded signed an address to show he had the coins so it was a long winded bluff if that was his plan from the start.
Activity: 868
Merit: 259

So does that mean Roger Ver was bluff-calling Loaded's bluff because he knows that Loaded knows that they are both bluffing? Roger is smarter than his enemies think and he could be responsible for a lot of whats going on in Bitcoin. I hope the deal gets done so we can have something to laugh about on 2018,
It is not hard to contact Roger and I am sure if loaded did and Roger was posting here saying he has received no contact then loaded would be jumping up and down all over this thread.

Yeah thats because Roger Ver knows theres a huge chance that Loaded was bluffing. What I want to know now is if Roger would make the same call if he knew someone wasnt bluffing. If for example someone known in Bitcoin did the same bet and that hes also known to have a lot of BTC as Roger, would he still make the same call? Thats risking a lot there and I dont think we would hear anything from Roger.
legendary
Any fixed block size (fix) will only be good for short term. We need a more long term view. Such as dynamic block size. Not sure why this idea is not popular.

I agree. The Blocksize limit Satoshi added was very bad. Clearly he was bribed and extorted by the centralized banking cartel to insert this malicious code in to completely obliterate Bitcoin so that they can further their goal of taking over the world with liberal ideology and communism so that the USSR will reign once more. Gavin tried to warn the CIA about what happened, but it was too late, Satoshi shortly vanished after he met with the CIA.
Hang on let me just put my tin foil hat on  Tongue
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
Any fixed block size (fix) will only be good for short term. We need a more long term view. Such as dynamic block size. Not sure why this idea is not popular.

I agree. The Blocksize limit Satoshi added was very bad. Clearly he was bribed and extorted by the centralized banking cartel to insert this malicious code in to completely obliterate Bitcoin so that they can further their goal of taking over the world with liberal ideology and communism so that the USSR will reign once more. Gavin tried to warn the CIA about what happened, but it was too late, Satoshi shortly vanished after he met with the CIA.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
I still have not received a reply from Loaded, but am eagerly waiting.

Noticed the date of his comment?

yeah but i dont think it was a joke.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht

Doesn't it only count before midday? Then again he could've been in any time zone in the world in one of his secret lairs.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001
Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

legendary

So does that mean Roger Ver was bluff-calling Loaded's bluff because he knows that Loaded knows that they are both bluffing? Roger is smarter than his enemies think and he could be responsible for a lot of whats going on in Bitcoin. I hope the deal gets done so we can have something to laugh about on 2018.

Could be.  Like I said earlier in the thread, easy for either of them to back out once it got done to exact specifics of the fork, how many blocks constitutes a split, what happens if this, what happens with that... they can change their mind later if it ever gets down to negotiating details which it looks it wasn't... main issue really would be what happens if there's a longer big block chain with name other than 'BU', or maybe BU is part of hashpower but big part is classic etc.

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
If Roger and Loaded will do this trade, what happens?
legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

So does that mean Roger Ver was bluff-calling Loaded's bluff because he knows that Loaded knows that they are both bluffing? Roger is smarter than his enemies think and he could be responsible for a lot of whats going on in Bitcoin. I hope the deal gets done so we can have something to laugh about on 2018.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

/r/Bitcoin and "Journalists" like this one should be ashamed of putting out trash like this:
Roger Ver Has Not Come Through on Deal to Swap 60,000 BTC for BCU Tokens

Becase it is so hard to publicly prove you have contacted Loaded, right?

Do you see Loaded here saying "Roger hasn't contacted me yet"?
legendary
Activity: 1596

/r/Bitcoin and "Journalists" like this one should be ashamed of putting out trash like this:
Roger Ver Has Not Come Through on Deal to Swap 60,000 BTC for BCU Tokens

Becase it is so hard to publicly prove you have contacted Loaded, right?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
hes never going to do it, which is why he hasnt done it yet despite saying he would. Even if he was going to ditch all of his core coins, he would do it at a market price which is definitely not 1:1.
Activity: 532
Merit: 251
traincarwreck

adamback blockstream president
gmaxwell blockstream CTO

whens their next election?

core maintainer.. whens the next election because Wladimir J. van der Laan has been.. to use your own words. dictator for a few years now.

reading the articles trainwreck quoted about BU. if looking at the source and reading just one line more then trainwrecks quote contextually limited.. it shows elections happened just a few months later.

the quote about self appointing at the setup of their team being "autocratic about it. I'm defining myself judge, jury and executioner" was a tongue in cheek (comedy sarcasm satire) context

anyway there are many implementations running on bitcoin and bitcoin should stay like that, diverse and decentralised.
trying all these REKT campaigns purely to make core the dictator (reference) is totally the opposite of a divers decentralised network.
wake up and see the big picture and stop kissing just a handfull of corporate devs that move on once their job is complete.

Your argument can only ever boil down to, "Core is a dictatorship and so we must replace it with a new dictatorship".  And I don't agree with the former, but I DO agree with the latter in regard to which is a dictatorship.

BU's articles of federation is written in such a way that if you have control of the initial members it then serves only to hold the initial status quo in place. The only other stated mandate is that the current status quo (core) can never be elected.

Its a farce, as is anyone that supports it.  Self elected, self imposed rules, and an appointed democracy with the title "freedom".  Its a perfect copy of the communist manifesto.

Overthrow the existing rules that keep us free in the name of freedom and give them to a dictatorship for life.

Do you honestly think your response to me will change the blocksize?
XVS
Activity: 573
Merit: 252

He tried to make Roger look like a fool ?

not so much that, he wanted to express his mistrust of the technical skills of the BU team.
Oh I see, well honestly right now there is no optimal suggestion. With Blockstream...

there are good alternatives

A) Bitcoin Classic (8mb blocks)
B) bitcoinec.info -- if you like EC on top of core

I'm be happy with either of those.

I like Olivier Jannsens idea of SPV + flexcap.  flexcap is good, i heard they are running on classic.

Don't trust the devs w blocksize?  Don't trust the miners?  Lets put it out of human hands.
legendary

He tried to make Roger look like a fool ?

not so much that, he wanted to express his mistrust of the technical skills of the BU team.
Oh I see, well honestly right now there is no optimal suggestion. With Blockstream...

there are good alternatives

A) Bitcoin Classic (8mb blocks)
B) bitcoinec.info -- if you like EC on top of core

I'm be happy with either of those.

I like Olivier Jannsens idea of SPV + flexcap.  flexcap is good, i heard they are running on classic.

Don't trust the devs w blocksize?  Don't trust the miners?  Lets put it out of human hands.
Pages:
Jump to: