Pages:
Author

Topic: rpietila Altcoin Observer - page 87. (Read 387491 times)

kbm
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
August 17, 2014, 01:31:45 AM
Any Ducknote XDN fans in here?

with the recent wallet news and subsequent price spike I have started to dabble

I think it shows potential to be a "fun" tipping type currency in the CN space (similar to DOGE for a different userbase)

thoughts?

quack is whack, yo Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
August 17, 2014, 01:19:52 AM
Any Ducknote XDN fans in here?

with the recent wallet news and subsequent price spike I have started to dabble

I think it shows potential to be a "fun" tipping type currency in the CN space (similar to DOGE for a different userbase)

thoughts?
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
August 17, 2014, 12:49:19 AM
a new hampshire political candidate wants to accept btc for state taxes and fees.  if i lived in nh i would talk to him about xmr.

.. Do you know who?

andrew hemmingway, republican gubernatorial candidate.  20% of his campaign donations were bitcoin.

donate xmr, people!

Aminorex, isn't it true that the new hamsphire political candidate has a reputable signifity over his constinuating repeccesors? It doesn't make sense that he should suffer through deleterium over the constant herbellings that perugue his identity...Does it?

The difference is that no clarity is forthcoming when I right click your words.

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
August 17, 2014, 12:30:59 AM
a new hampshire political candidate wants to accept btc for state taxes and fees.  if i lived in nh i would talk to him about xmr.

.. Do you know who?

andrew hemmingway, republican gubernatorial candidate.  20% of his campaign donations were bitcoin.

donate xmr, people!

Aminorex, isn't it true that the new hamsphire political candidate has a reputable signifity over his constinuating repeccesors? It doesn't make sense that he should suffer through deleterium over the constant herbellings that perugue his identity...Does it?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
August 17, 2014, 12:27:18 AM

.. Do you know who?

donate xmr, people!
legendary
August 17, 2014, 12:23:59 AM
Wowzers, is DRK going to zero ?

it is headed that way but it will take a long time to get there and may make a couple of loop-de-loops along the way.
Activity: 502
Merit: 251
August 16, 2014, 11:34:12 PM
Wowzers, is DRK going to zero ?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
August 16, 2014, 11:14:19 PM
the implication may be correct but the assumption is highly questionable

I think the assumption can be improved massively by knowing how much money each new adopter brings. One "whale" is not the same as 20 "small fish", so... But you can't know that with any accuracy.
Activity: 547
Merit: 502
August 16, 2014, 10:35:54 PM
Hey. I'm not sure if this is true but apparently Ethereum might use something called DPOS (1). I haven't read the paper yet (2) but according to (1) vitalik agrees that proof of work is dead.

I believe this needs serious analysis in case they are right and onto something.

(1) https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ethereum-bitshares-partnership-740684

(2) https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/delegated-proof-of-stake-dpos-white-paper-by-daniel-larimer-558316

Might be the reason why BTSX has been on the rise. 

PTS has also been on the rise due to the snapshot coming up on the 21st.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8386117
legendary
August 16, 2014, 10:28:28 PM
the implication may be correct but the assumption is highly questionable
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Who cares?
August 16, 2014, 07:57:04 PM
They do not have the influx of new users. So, XMR community consists of old users only, in other words, it's closed community as mostly of altcoin community.

This is incorrect.  The XMR user base is growing about 60% monthly. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8209493

Current growth of users has slowed down and is no more than 2-3% per week. (numbers used in my estimation are from the current week not used in https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8279959 ). Monthly estimates for altcoin that is baby are useless.
Current trend is worrisome, but XMR is holding quite well compared to other alts.

As long as inflation is outpacing user growth, price will not really stabilize on its own without necessitating big waves of buying from existing holders to preserve price.

This could be true, litecoins emission was similar from what I've been reading on these boards, and it took a year or two to wind down the block reward before it was able to reach the heights that it did.  Please do correct me if I'm wrong though.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
August 16, 2014, 07:34:39 PM
They do not have the influx of new users. So, XMR community consists of old users only, in other words, it's closed community as mostly of altcoin community.

This is incorrect.  The XMR user base is growing about 60% monthly. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8209493

Current growth of users has slowed down and is no more than 2-3% per week. (numbers used in my estimation are from the current week not used in https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8279959 ). Monthly estimates for altcoin that is baby are useless.
Current trend is worrisome, but XMR is holding quite well compared to other alts.

As long as inflation is outpacing user growth, price will not really stabilize on its own without necessitating big waves of buying from existing holders to preserve price.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
eidoo wallet
August 16, 2014, 07:12:14 PM

Just what we need, anonymous donations for politicians.  Roll Eyes

That's the beauty of it. Monero and Darkcoin both have anonymous sending And regular sending. 2 in 1.
Activity: 826
August 16, 2014, 06:45:39 PM

Just what we need, anonymous donations for politicians.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
August 16, 2014, 06:45:35 PM
Sorry for my noob tought, but...
what coin are in use in the deep web?
Last time i checked they used bitcoin, but it was before the bitcoin boom
kbm
Activity: 84
August 16, 2014, 06:43:55 PM

.. Do you know who?
Activity: 723
Merit: 503
August 16, 2014, 06:38:17 PM
Are there any current initiatives going on now by Monero to increase adoption?

i am aware of:

usd exchange (rumor)

gambling sites in progress.

gui wallets (pending db/rpc integration to release)

grassroots investor relations (i2i)

what would you like to see?  i would like to see a payment processor accept xmr, and/or a mechanism to pay to a bitcoin address and/or recieve btc with (ideally a smoothed) market  conversion.  margin/options/futures would be nice - should smooth volatility.

i wanna see songs involving luke the moonshot roaming around malla the castle, all of us waiting for the monero missive while ours eyes are closing, looking for amphetamine when price is going down, praising poloniex for paying back their customers thanks to monero, miners getting billed price falling, pools going to war ddossing themselves, the idiots of bytecoins ruined by their greed, dark failing down and us winning by default etc etc

i cant wait for the extravagant absurdities!
Activity: 742
August 16, 2014, 06:29:30 PM
a great starting point is if it is true that redhack starts using monero.

I think all these stardard proposals like gambling site, usd exchange etc are fine. what REALLY matters is that xmr is used outside of the negligible group of altcoiners. a starting point is, like redhack, groups or persons which are not 100% satiesfied with the development of bitcoin and especially its privacy.
legendary
August 16, 2014, 06:20:09 PM

i am aware of:

usd exchange (rumor)

gambling sites in progress.

gui wallets (pending db/rpc integration to release)

grassroots investor relations (i2i)

what would you like to see?  i would like to see a payment processor accept xmr, and/or a mechanism to pay to a bitcoin address and/or recieve btc with (ideally a smoothed) market  conversion.  margin/options/futures would be nice - should smooth volatility.

Activity: 94
August 16, 2014, 06:03:25 PM
Current growth of users has slowed down and is no more than 2-3% per week. ... Monthly estimates for altcoin that is baby are useless.

Statistically, monthly estimates smooth over the variation from week to week, and thus are, while more lagging, a less noisy (but more biased) estimator of central tendency.   Adjust for bias, and you end up with a number which is all-around superior.  The first month after public listing is likely to be an outlier (see the price chart for evidence of anomaly), and hence should be dropped.  An argument can be made that price patterns are evidence of a continuing declining anomaly, and hence a weighted average should be superior.

There are at least some private initiatives as it's obvious that all supporters truly believes in it and shares with all their friends. Even me for just last week attracted three friends to buy few hundreds each and this is just a tiny potential.
Pages:
Jump to: