Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 156. (Read 907212 times)

legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006
I feel this thread is like a cult. The more confident everyone is about a bubble to $3,000 the less confident I think we will ever see $1000 again.

I thin you shud all start pumping dread and doom, i would feel a lot better about the future if you did.

Yes, there is certainly a cultish element to it at all. I think, in some ways, this has led to the discounting of all of the amazingly positive news this week. Then again, the "cultish" element -- and by that I don't mean disrespect but rather it is just the diehards who are true believers in the project -- also makes me feel like we have some stability against grand scale fluctuations absent a Gox-like event (and it was probably why BTC was able to survive the Gox clusterstorm). In short, the diehards, counterintuitively, bring stability and that stability has a value of its own. So things are ok.

I myself refuse to be overly optimistic. Emotionally, I threw my money away when i bought my first bitcoin stash. Me talking about how my Bitcoin are gonna make me a millionaire sounds sooooo pathetic.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
OK, the III Supernode was practically a whole week experience for me, but now safely back in Finland. What has happened meanwhile? Smiley

Oh not much .....

US auction was completed successfully.
California passes bill making crypto officially legal.
Winklevoss ETF bags the symbol COIN, announces will be on NASDAQ, and gets listed on Bloomberg terminal
1800flowers announces they'll start accepting bitcoin.
Newegg starts accepting bitcoin.
Beyoncee and Jay-Z accept bitcoin for upcoming concert.

IOW, just another boring couple of days .... Wink

EDIT: almost forgot! Kuwait finance firm suggests trading oil in bitcoins
http://www.gulf-times.com/eco.-bus.%20news/256/details/398622/kuwait-finance-firm-suggests-trading-oil-in-bitcoins

Very true. Many of us were focusing on the auction but there was a lot more going on.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1001
OK, the III Supernode was practically a whole week experience for me, but now safely back in Finland. What has happened meanwhile? Smiley

Oh not much .....

US auction was completed successfully.
California passes bill making crypto officially legal.
Winklevoss ETF bags the symbol COIN, announces will be on NASDAQ, and gets listed on Bloomberg terminal
1800flowers announces they'll start accepting bitcoin.
Newegg starts accepting bitcoin.
Beyoncee and Jay-Z accept bitcoin for upcoming concert.

IOW, just another boring couple of days .... Wink

EDIT: almost forgot! Kuwait finance firm suggests trading oil in bitcoins
http://www.gulf-times.com/eco.-bus.%20news/256/details/398622/kuwait-finance-firm-suggests-trading-oil-in-bitcoins
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

The US Government coins at auction went to a single undisclosed bidder
The auction had over 60 bidders. Some were low ball
Lots of rumours and no official data on  the winning bid price
One of the rumours /  leaks put one of the losing bids (Second Market) at around 665 USD indicating the coins sold at a premium
The market was very quiet with an overall bullish sentiment from the auction

And Tim Draper won the auction :
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/sns-rt-us-usa-bitcoin-20140701,0,4038036.story
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team

The US Government coins at auction went to a single undisclosed bidder
The auction had over 60 bidders. Some were low ball
Lots of rumours and no official data on  the winning bid price
One of the rumours /  leaks put one of the losing bids (Second Market) at around 665 USD indicating the coins sold at a premium
The market was very quiet with an overall bullish sentiment from the auction
legendary
Activity: 966

Auction is finished, one bidder took all 30000btc. Price back to normal.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I feel this thread is like a cult. The more confident everyone is about a bubble to $3,000 the less confident I think we will ever see $1000 again.

I thin you shud all start pumping dread and doom, i would feel a lot better about the future if you did.

Yes, there is certainly a cultish element to it at all. I think, in some ways, this has led to the discounting of all of the amazingly positive news this week. Then again, the "cultish" element -- and by that I don't mean disrespect but rather it is just the diehards who are true believers in the project -- also makes me feel like we have some stability against grand scale fluctuations absent a Gox-like event (and it was probably why BTC was able to survive the Gox clusterstorm). In short, the diehards, counterintuitively, bring stability and that stability has a value of its own. So things are ok.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
TL; DR: We are at 650 in the beginning of July, 2014.

Looks like this particular prediction will come out right. On rpietila's time zone, it may even be exact.

Risto is a boss, this is spooky accurate.

Wow, it's truly spot on!
I hope he predicts 10000 for the beginning of August or something Grin

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6847561

Quote from: rpietila
we are there earliest mid-July at 4700. If it postpones till August or longer, it also goes higher.

Oh wow!
Now I hope we are lower than 4700 mid-July!
Never thought I'd say that Cheesy

I think the auction is going to make us late...

But the whole auction fuss is over, no?
We already know we won't know the winning bids unless each winner tells it publicly.
Which means there won't be a single-moment news that tells us everything...

29,000 coins were sold, but that was just the escrowed coins (or something like that).
Ulbrichts private stash is 144,000 coins. So, for perspectives sake, things are "just starting".
I quote that as the trial may be a bit long so who knows when those coins hit the market.

But, most importantly, the sale has been bullish. It has been shown the demand is way higher than the supply.
I imagine companies like Bitpay and the like can have buyers for all coins collected each day (meaning their coins may never hit markets.)

IAS

This is already happening and one of the reasons that volume on exchanges has been going steadily down.

Hmm then maybe there are big names already getting in and we're not even aware?
I imagine the next bubble will only come when all those out-of-exchange coins are dispatched, then.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Looks like this particular prediction will come out right. On rpietila's time zone, it may even be exact.

Wow, it's truly spot on!

we are there earliest mid-July at 4700. If it postpones till August or longer, it also goes higher.

Oh wow!

We already know we won't know the winning bids unless each winner tells it publicly.

29,000 coins were sold, but that was just the escrowed coins (or something like that).
Ulbrichts private stash is 144,000 coins. So, for perspectives sake, things are "just starting".
I quote that as the trial may be a bit long so who knows when those coins hit the market.

But, most importantly, the sale has been bullish. It has been shown the demand is way higher than the supply.
I imagine companies like Bitpay and the like can have buyers for all coins collected each day (meaning their coins may never hit markets.)

IAS

This is already happening and one of the reasons that volume on exchanges has been going steadily down.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile

Wow, it's truly spot on!

Oh wow!

IAS
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

the past 6 months got you hooked ?  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

Then you should feel like selling then if that is your feeling.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Nobody cares about your opinion. Grin
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

legendary
Activity: 1246
I think the FBI auction has turned out really bullish for Bitcoin. We know SecondMarket got outbid completely so this shows there's lots of buying power out there that's interested and they're not fooling around low-balling. I can see this leading up to something way bigger and today's rally may have just been the beginning of this.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

Wow, it's truly spot on!

Oh wow!

Next peak no sooner than early/mid August, if past performance has anything to say to it.  Later works for me  Wink
Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Wow, it's truly spot on!

Oh wow!

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

Wow, it's truly spot on!

Oh wow!

Jump to: