Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 160. (Read 907212 times)

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
rpietila spirituality and philosophy observer thread Grin

It's only when other people than me start threads with "rpietila" in the header, then my victory is complete Wink
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
My goodness it is utterly fantastic how life brings people together. Never have I met anyone in RL who was interested or even knew about McKenna, RAW, Angel-Tech etc.
Now here we are brought together by bitcoin.

This is a meta-society of strangely advanced characters. All drawn to one place from angles that could not be more multifaceted. Connected via ever intrigued minds that search to dive deeper and deeper in the various layers of existence and travel the most complex connecting routes.

This is perhaps the most bullish sign for bitcoin, for me personally at least.
Eventually what truth do you have but the essence of your self? And if you find convincing evidence that significant similarities gather at one specific place than how could you not also partake!
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163
Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos
The last thing I was thinking to read here is about ayahuasca, RAW and metaprogramation, all are subjects that I find fascinating. It´s refreshing to read such delightful reflexions in a sea of FBI auction will be cheaper or more expensive than...

By the way, did someone read Angel Tech by Antero Alli?. Long time waiting to have an traslation into spanish of that book.

Even though it is one of only three books I'm aware of which have been written (mainly) about the subject of the eight circuit model of consciousness I'm sad to say I didn't finish it (yet?). I found it sadly lacking in coherence and inferior to even Leary's Info psychology, which was the first book written on this subject and makes for an entertaining read. Prometheus rising remains the benchmark to be surpassed.
legendary
Activity: 981
Merit: 1005
No maps for these territories
The last thing I was thinking to read here is about ayahuasca, RAW and metaprogramation, all are subjects that I find fascinating. It´s refreshing to read such delightful reflexions in a sea of FBI auction will be cheaper or more expensive than...

By the way, did someone read Angel Tech by Antero Alli?. Long time waiting to have an traslation into spanish of that book.
legendary
Bitcoin represents a systemic rebellion because it is "coded" money. The people living inside the coded virtual reality have now coded their own money to bypass existing structures. This dynamic is extremely fierce because multiple factors collide:

Thank you for this interesting perspective.

Robert Anton Wilson has said that the future war(s) will be between those who would like to program themselves vs. those who would like to program everybody else.

Thing is, it's not in the future. It's happening right now. All the programming bombardment is intended for this purpose. Those who can resist this programming are few and far between. This will change only as the percentage of those who can resist external programming rise in numbers and the species gets "security hardening" from the 100th monkey effect.

Yes you're absolutely right. This is going on today and has been going on even when Wilson said it decades ago. Spreading awareness of self-programming techniques is one of my self proclaimed goals. Just my tiny contribution towards reaching critical mass of 100 monkeys Smiley

Humanity at large is being programmed into inadequacy and limitation through this very mechanism as such pre-suppositions are so widespread that it is not even funny. For example, in a train platform I often hear “please mind the gap”, or “please mind your personal belongings”. What do these “suggestions” imply to my subconscious? Obviously, that I lack common sense and that I need to be treated like sheep. Same with some idiotic warnings in modern devices, or even cups of coffee that are supposed to warn us that hot coffee is... well... hot.

You make an excellent point in an eloquent way. It is frankly quite scary how deeply entrenched this programming has become over the course of the last 50 years or so. It loops back into one of my biggest criticisms of the status quo (and hierarchical systems in general) besides the blatant inefficiencies in its information flow - the absolution of the individual from responsibility for more and more segments of his/her life. Today our collective operating system (culture) insists that we are not to be responsible for basic things in our lives like the care for our elderly, the education of our children, our own health and mental well-being. It does so precisely by first instilling the suggestion (as you so aptly described) that we are not capable enough to handle these things on our own and should thus leave them to the supposed experts, who will handle them with competence and our best interest in mind. Of course this is a dangerous delusion in both assumptions: that the experts are capable and that they have our best interests in mind.

This has gone so far that nowadays voting for your representative constitutes "taking responsibility for our lives" in the eyes of many and any suggestion of the state leaving things like health care or social security alone is followed by the robotic assumption that the person making the suggestion must be against these things. We have lost even the capability of imagining them being truly in our hands instead of the hands of the experts/system/government. True freedom (and with it true responsibility) have moved beyond the reach of the imagination of too many people.

This is also why Bitcoin is so important. It teaches us how to take control of a very central aspect of our lives - our means of expressing value to each other. Because of this I expect the most important impact of Bitcoin to eventually be a transformation of culture, not just cheaper payments, or a re-boot of the financial system. Which are both important things but can't hold a candle to the potential transforming effect of individuals taking full responsibility for their financial affairs.

Happy to see such a high quality discussion!
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010
Still finding coins on the street, btw, which was one of the exercises if I remember correctly ;-).

Me too. I found some tobacco and a caramelo yesterday!

Yes, Cosmic Coincidence Control Center works in mysterious ways. I keep getting haunted by the number 23. Can you imagine what was happening on FRIDAY the 23.5. this year? Pure chaos  Cheesy

23 is a nice number.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
Bitcoin represents a systemic rebellion because it is "coded" money. The people living inside the coded virtual reality have now coded their own money to bypass existing structures. This dynamic is extremely fierce because multiple factors collide:

Robert Anton Wilson has said that the future war(s) will be between those who would like to program themselves vs. those who would like to program everybody else.

Thing is, it's not in the future. It's happening right now. All the programming bombardment is intended for this purpose. Those who can resist this programming are few and far between. This will change only as the percentage of those who can resist external programming rise in numbers and the species gets "security hardening" from the 100th monkey effect.

The ultimate form of programming and hacking, is the programming of the human mind. Few know how the mind is programmed and even fewer know how they are self-programming themselves every day through their actions.

For every action there is a subconscious programming routine that is performed automatically: When you steal, your subconscious observes the stealing act and says "Since I'm stealing, my creative capacities are obviously not very good - otherwise I'd be able to manage on my own... the fact that I'm stealing proves that I have inadequate creative capacities". This is programming the subconscious of the thief into a very strong self-affirmation of limitation and parasitism. Nothing good can come out of that. This dynamic is inescapable in human affairs and it will blow up in some way, at some time.

The way this dual mechanism works is very, very interesting. Hypnotists use it to pass “suggestions” as pre-suppositions. They say something to the subject that pre-supposes something else as being true. For example, “when you'll awake later on, you'll feel relaxed and refreshed”... When the hypnotist says what will happen after the subject is taken out of the hypnotic state, it actually implies to the subject's subconscious that he will be hypnotized - it is a "given". Otherwise the second part doesn't make sense – as it pre-supposes the validity of the first part, which “goes through” without much resistance.

Humanity at large is being programmed into inadequacy and limitation through this very mechanism as such pre-suppositions are so widespread that it is not even funny. For example, in a train platform I often hear “please mind the gap”, or “please mind your personal belongings”. What do these “suggestions” imply to my subconscious? Obviously, that I lack common sense and that I need to be treated like sheep. Same with some idiotic warnings in modern devices, or even cups of coffee that are supposed to warn us that hot coffee is... well... hot.

Even the new books given to children in schools are touted as “much better”, in the sense that they contain a lot of simple language, explanations, photos, diagrams – all supposed to explain things in a better way. Yet, the child's subconscious will re-act like that: “If I'm shown all these stuff in so many ways so that I can get a simple concept, then perhaps my intellectual capacity is not so good” - which then produces a generation of dumb kids. Same goes for TV and the masses when it tries to dumb-down the content so that the masses can supposedly understand it, which implies that they are too dumb to understand it in any other way.

Implied suggestions that work as trojan horses of self limitation are a very basic component of external programming that is not so apparent as media content. Some of these suggestions come in "nice boxes"  like "better books / education" or "government subsidies to the poor", which really intends to "lock" people into parasitic mentality. When everyone is feeding from the government it only takes a few decades to fully corrupt society and corrupt the ability of people to actually be creative and do something useful in their life. All under the guise of "helping the poor" - which in itself is a pretense. In the act of taking the money from the government, the individual is registering self-limiting beliefs that he is inadequate to create wealth on his own / he is a parasite - which is self-reinforced as a subconscious self-suggestion every time the act occurs.

The United States are the #1 state where external programming methods are being applied consistently, at a rate of 10-100x compared to elsewhere, although Europe is slowly catching up.
legendary
rpietila spirituality and philosophy observer thread Grin
Activity: 338
Merit: 250

For good measure I recommend throwing in some J. Krishnamurti into the trio as well. And of course, to "do" some of what the trio said - Yes, if you are open to it the Shamanistic plants that have been used for 10's of thousands of years and much safer that what the doctor gives you; Best way to switch O.S. systems, but not for the faint of heart. When you have the red pill, you can't "exactly" go back. (I've heard  Wink )

McKenna focused on direct experience and my understanding/observation is that we are nothing but philosophers and spewers of information without it. Go beyond it. We are led by the mind, which by definition is of the past and old (J. Krishnamurti). I still quote on occasion, but I hope the point is made.

Thumbs up to this !

In this increasingly atheist and anti-spiritual world, I highly recommend everyone to go through a few ayahuasca journeys. This is not a drug or hallucinogen, it's a tool that shifts the perception to more subtle frequencies of our soul. It shows us with great strength all the dark parts of our soul that remain unconscious in normal day to day consciousness. Perceiving our (eternal) vibrational nature is a first step to stop being led by the mind. Fixing the consciousness there permanently is the only way out of the mind matrix.
You might understand the facts explained by J. Krishnamurti, but unless you experience something beyond the mind - it won't make much concrete sense.

ItsAboutSharing says it is not for the faint of heart. I would say that the more shit you carry (in your soul), the more difficult it is, because you are put in front of all the shit and realise the hell in which you are. But if you are a saint, it barely affects you and just deepens your spiritual bliss. So it's not for the people who don't want to question the limits of their consciousness and experience of self and who think they are happy in their hell. Others will benefit immensely. In the end don't forget that you won't take your bitcoins with you in 30-50 years.
legendary
Still finding coins on the street, btw, which was one of the exercises if I remember correctly ;-).

Yes, Cosmic Coincidence Control Center works in mysterious ways. I keep getting haunted by the number 23. Can you imagine what was happening on FRIDAY the 23.5. this year? Pure chaos  Cheesy
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Who's there?
If you add Watts (self = the universal self), Wilson (self-programming) and Antonopulous (Bitcoin is language), what do you get?
You'll get something like "universal self should self-program itself using bitcoin programming language". Smiley
Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord
It's the time to inform everybody that the III Bitcoin Supernode Meeting will commence tomorrow in Malla castle. So I will not be too active to write in here during the rest of the week. Hopefully the others present will show how the life here looks like. Smiley

Don't forget to take photos! Tongue
Activity: 722
Merit: 500

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Found it  Cheesy

Damn. I read this 20 years ago and it openend up a whole world for me, quite transformative. Still finding coins on the street, btw, which was one of the exercises if I remember correctly ;-).

I really enjoyed the discussion above (ErisDiscordia, It's About Sharing,...). Listened to some Watts talk (about the "self", mainly), who I hadn't known previously.

If you add Watts (self = the universal self), Wilson (self-programming) and Antonopulous (Bitcoin is language), what do you get? Well, interesting times, I'd say...
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
It's the time to inform everybody that the III Bitcoin Supernode Meeting will commence tomorrow in Malla castle. So I will not be too active to write in here during the rest of the week. Hopefully the others present will show how the life here looks like. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
legendary
Powerful stuff, thanks. I found one of his books: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/downloads/05%20Quantum%20Psychology.pdf

I wholeheartedly recommend you read his book "Prometheus rising". In my opinion one of the most overlooked, yet most important books of the 20th century. "Quantum Psychology" is more like a manual for group experimentation. The underlying theories (the 8 circuit model of consciousness ) are explained in a well-informed and witty way in Prometheus rising.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
eheheh, I listened to those two guys so much. I actually combined the two there. I remember now that it was Watts with the Apples and Peoples example. And thanks for that link, I'm going to show it in class. ;-)

Watts & McKenna, together with Robert Anton Wilson are something of a trinity of people who shaped my way of thinking more than any others. I have pretty much listened to everything ever recorded by them, many things more than once. This is how I can tell from your way of communicating, that you did, too Smiley

All three of them had a very clear understanding of the dangerous hubris of trying to "improve" upon the immense complexity of the natural order by using universal systems thought up with our tiny monkey brains. George Carlin understood this as well and might have articulated this particular point most clearly.

Reality is made of language and money is a language, too. The sooner we understand this on a society-wide cultural level, the sooner we can begin repairing the damage wrought by letting a handful of individuals define reality through language and control it from the top down, where they don't have any accurate feedback about what is going on anywhere and thus mess up everything.

Agreed on Andreas as the McKenna of Bitcoin. I've had that thought occur to me, as well. Seems we think alike Smiley

For good measure I recommend throwing in some J. Krishnamurti into the trio as well. And of course, to "do" some of what the trio said - Yes, if you are open to it the Shamanistic plants that have been used for 10's of thousands of years and much safer that what the doctor gives you; Best way to switch O.S. systems, but not for the faint of heart. When you have the red pill, you can't "exactly" go back. (I've heard  Wink )

McKenna focused on direct experience and my understanding/observation is that we are nothing but philosophers and spewers of information without it. Go beyond it. We are led by the mind, which by definition is of the past and old (J. Krishnamurti). I still quote on occasion, but I hope the point is made.

Not really off track when we think of the revolutionary nature at stake here. The apparent disharmony at work here, to me, is just a play of something much larger which we apparently are a part of. I actually enjoy the way Bill Hicks explained this all as a ride https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMUiwTubYu0.

So, Bitcoin as language touches a part of the brain that is inherent - our language centers. When we start to see/use/understand money differently, we start to see life differently. Language forms our world in large part and as we use money (a form of language) differently, our world, beliefs, reality, etc. will adjust. Not to say there won't be bumps along the way...  In a very real way, the effect of Cryptos on us will be a consciousness shift, and I say an expansion, how much is a bit up to the individual and how open you already are (hence expansion) - how deep do you want to take it? It is, and will be, a step towards a reboot for many people.  And with disruption on top of disruption coming our way, there is going to be a synergistic effect that takes place on our minds and hence, on our reality.

Back to the more direct topic at hand, we are again nearing a critical level. My Gann chart says we are one some support but bigger support is below and the FBI auction on Friday is probably making some nervous people. But, once those coins are off the table, that is just that many fewer BTC's. (Until following auctions) The recent trendline shows support at 540 ish on my chart. We can flash crash lower, but I only would see it as a flash crash as big money wants in.

IAS

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
legendary

Substantial changes in our society will not come about without a change of our culture - which can be thought of as our collective operating system. This in turn goes hand in hand with our individual operating systems. At the moment most people aren't even aware that their worldview is software running on their local hardware (their brain) and thus simply acquire and act out whatever operating system happens to be pushed onto them by their culture or sub-culture.

Those who are in the process of learning to program their own minds have so far been short on options how to act out their alternative programs, because (among other problems) the means of expressing value have been monopolized by the same entities who control the cultural narrative.

Now that there is an alternative means of expressing value I expect this to reinforce the already ongoing paradigm shift away from our minds being programmed by our culture and towards self-programming. I fully expect the emergence of cryptocurrencies to have a profound effect on our culture and by extension on our modes of societal organization. And I'm looking forward to it! Smiley
Jump to: