Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 200. (Read 907212 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I predict a crash to $300-$350 in 7 days.

Based on the remarkable similarities in these 2 charts:

Double bottom at $2 in 2011.
Our progress so far in the bottoming process.

Somebody with more visual tools could clarify and present the case. I will have to explain:

2011:
- 3 RED weeks ending with a flashcrash to $4
- 2 GREEN weeks recovery
- 4 RED weeks ending in a flashcrash to $2
- GREEN-RED-GREEN pattern in recovery
- another flashcrash to $2.

2014:
- 4 RED weeks ending with a flashcrash to $400
- 2 GREEN weeks recovery
- 4 RED weeks ending in a flashcrash to $340
- GREEN-2 REDS-GREEN pattern in recovery
- ?

(to be found out in 7 days.... Wink )

I hope you're prediction is on target, Risto. I have one last large buy to conduct next week and some even cheaper coins would sweeten the pot.  Wink Cheesy

It is not a troll, it is something that I just found in the charts. Count for yourself. If the pattern continues one moor week, it means that there'll be a capitulation crash this week. And then 7 weeks of going up, all the way to $650.

So my prediction is 650 in the end of June. The crash is optional. The trolls in the other thread did not want to hear the real meaning (as usual).

Chart showing all.
Here's a simpler way to convey the same idea about the relation to 2011:  3D MACD is up but 1W MACD is still firmly down.
legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
Hi everyone,

This is the best topic in btt forum.

mr. Rpietila, so you prediction is 650 in June.

What is you prediction for 15.8.2014, 15.10.2014 and 1.1.2015

On your opinion when we will broke 1000$ value.

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

Somebody with more visual tools could clarify and present the case. I will have to explain:

2011:
- 2 GREEN weeks recovery

2014:
- 2 GREEN weeks recovery
- ?

I hope you're prediction is on target, Risto. I have one last large buy to conduct next week and some even cheaper coins would sweeten the pot.  Wink Cheesy

It is not a troll, it is something that I just found in the charts. Count for yourself. If the pattern continues one moor week, it means that there'll be a capitulation crash this week. And then 7 weeks of going up, all the way to $650.

So my prediction is 650 in the end of June. The crash is optional. The trolls in the other thread did not want to hear the real meaning (as usual).

Chart showing all.
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
We are witnessing with our very own eyes the opportunity to purchase 1:1,000,000th of the money supply of this world, with one click, for $5,000, which is 1:10,000,000,000 of the fiat supply of the world.

Do the division: money is going for 1:10,000 of the price of fiat.

I don't trust the government that much.

The history sides with me. The bitcoins the Norwegian guy bought for the total of $5 in 2009, bought him an apartment in 2014. If kept in fiat, it would have bought him - a sandwich.

The time when 5 USD would buy a sandwich in Norway is gone. The guy would have bought a Pepsi. Even a capuccino would be too expensive for his budget.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

2011:
- 2 GREEN weeks recovery

2014:
- 2 GREEN weeks recovery
- ?

Activity: 688
ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!
The bitcoins the Norwegian guy bought for the total of $5 in 2009, bought him an apartment in 2014. If kept in fiat, it would have bought him - a sandwich.

This is such an awesome quote Cheesy

Quote from: Anotheranonlol
If there was a 5% (1 in 20) chance of a ~450$ passive investment returning $700,000 any time soon every sane person on the planet would be buying in troves

Just because there is an X in Y chance of Z doesn't mean everybody is aware of it. Most regular people still think it is some kind of monopoly money.

(not that I do think it will go to $700K *soon*, but relying on regular people as a signal for Bitcoin is highly misplaced.. as you should know!)
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
So what would you say is the highest it can reach in the next rally?

Within a four month period, I'd put tops at $690 and that's me being optimistic. But frankly  I haven't a clue. I can't point at any TA chart to back up those assumptions

Within 4 months that could be right, but let's hope it gets into the thousands before the end of the year.
Activity: 588
Merit: 504

Within a four month period, I'd put tops at $690 and that's me being optimistic. But frankly  I haven't a clue. I can't point at any TA chart to back up those assumptions
Activity: 280
Was this a troll?

2011:
- 2 GREEN weeks recovery

2014:
- 2 GREEN weeks recovery
- ?

Activity: 196

Keep dreaming. I've been involved in Bitcoin since it was less than a cent, longer than 99% of anyone in this thread and a FIRM believer in it despite that I know BTC is not going ANYWHERE near to 700k per BTC at the next rally. I wouldn't put the percentage chance of it at 0.01% let alone 5%. If there was a 5% (1 in 20) chance of a ~450$ passive investment returning $700,000 any time soon every sane person on the planet would be buying in troves. What are you smoking?  
[/quote]

Activity: 742
The price is surprisingly easy to predict based on the previous rallies.
However there might indeed be a blackswan event that will drive the BTC to 700 000 USD at this rally. The probability for this is perhaps 5 % or less.

I'd like to see coinbase keep up with that demand.

"Due to volume, we are unable to fulfill instant buy orders. However, you may purchase now and your order will be fulfilled in six months. Thank you for your understanding."
LOL.  But seriously, they need to sort out their coin on-demand purchasing issues before the next rally.  It's unbelievable that they were able to get away with that crap, when literally tens of thousands of coins per day were being traded on the exchanges during the peak of the last bubble.  Otherwise, it'll create an opening for U.S. based competitors to come along who can solve that problem.  I actually believe it was their way of trying to control the market demand, eliminate using Coinbase for day trading, and reduce market volatility, which no unbiased free market "coin broker" should really have the right to control.  But they can get away with it for now, being the only game in town (in the U.S.)

And what's worse is, after five months and 29 days of waiting, an e-mail will come, "your transaction has been flagged as potentially fraudulent and has been cancelled." SmileySmiley

Seriously guys, we need an alternative.  
Coinbase is far from ideal - works sometimes and then doesn't.
Where does one go to buy/sell BTC?  
And unfortunately, localbitcoins is not an option for me.

Bistamp to buy bitcoin. Verification is pretty fast, and they credit your account in 1-2 days after a bank transfer.
Then if you want to trade them either Bitfinex or BTC-E (bistamp fees are too high).
legendary
Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000
However there might indeed be a blackswan event that will drive the BTC to 700 000 USD at this rally. The probability for this is perhaps 5 % or less.

"Due to volume, we are unable to fulfill instant buy orders. However, you may purchase now and your order will be fulfilled in six months. Thank you for your understanding."
LOL.  But seriously, they need to sort out their coin on-demand purchasing issues before the next rally.  It's unbelievable that they were able to get away with that crap, when literally tens of thousands of coins per day were being traded on the exchanges during the peak of the last bubble.  Otherwise, it'll create an opening for U.S. based competitors to come along who can solve that problem.  I actually believe it was their way of trying to control the market demand, eliminate using Coinbase for day trading, and reduce market volatility, which no unbiased free market "coin broker" should really have the right to control.  But they can get away with it for now, being the only game in town (in the U.S.)

And what's worse is, after five months and 29 days of waiting, an e-mail will come, "your transaction has been flagged as potentially fraudulent and has been cancelled." SmileySmiley

Seriously guys, we need an alternative.  
Coinbase is far from ideal - works sometimes and then doesn't.
Where does one go to buy/sell BTC?  
And unfortunately, localbitcoins is not an option for me.

Have been with BTC since  it was in the double digits.  Compared to then, converting has dramatically become more complicated IMO.
I have to agree the ability to convert BTC to fiat (and vice versa), quickly and easily, is a HUGE barrier to widespread acceptance.  We are getting some traction with more merchant acceptance, but have a long ways to go.

One can see what China has done to put the brakes on widespread adoption, and we (in the USA) are not far behind.

Bitstamp?  Thanks for the suggestion, but I just logged in again, and found they want the equivalent of my first born child for verification purposes...sigh..

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

legendary
Activity: 981
Merit: 1005
No maps for these territories
Delicious links and talk. Love this thread <3
Activity: 434
Can each bitcoin be $1 BILLION?
Now, this is getting funny...each satoshi $10, =21000 trillion or 21 quadrillion (~100X current world's wealth).
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/051414/could-one-bitcoin-come-be-worth-1-billion-qa.asp

http://www.krusekronicle.com/kruse_kronicle/2008/03/charting-histor.html#.U3Ox-PldVn4

http://krusekronicle.typepad.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/05/worldgdp1600_2003_2.gif

http://krusekronicle.typepad.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/05/worldgdpregion_3.gif

'Whichever economist you choose, the vertical spike at the end of the chart is astonishing.  Slow steady improvements in technology, science, and economic standards in Europe sparked a major agricultural revolution about 1700. Those changes and improvements paved the way for the Industrial Revolution, which Maddison pegs as starting about 1820 in England, a few decades later than some historians might suggest. (While many inventions came into being in the late eighteenth century, Maddison believes noticeable economic impact can not be observed until around 1820.) Agricultural abundance, combined with rise of machine power, made it feasible for agricultural workers to leave the country for the factory jobs in the city'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.coinprism.com/

distribution and individualization of value representation and financial promises is nearby.  will be interesting to see the effects on GDP.

perhaps there will be strict population controls in the future.life expectancy will surely increase - productive/unproductive remains to be seen.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Can each bitcoin be $1 BILLION?
Now, this is getting funny...each satoshi $10, =21000 trillion or 21 quadrillion (~100X current world's wealth).
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/051414/could-one-bitcoin-come-be-worth-1-billion-qa.asp
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 5269

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

Activity: 168
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
Predicting the news is almost impossible, predicting price movements based on previous movements is at least somewhat possible.
Jump to: