Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 201. (Read 907212 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
And it is rallying: 0.447 touched for the first time in 72 hours!

We've come (fallen) a long way if this is what constitutes a rally nowadays!

every rally has to start somewhere.

It will probably encounter some form of resistance around ~450, ~470 ~500, ~670 and of course ~1000 and ~1400 (and probably more price points) but it will eventually go pretty fast and it seems to be starting now. It will probably take a couple of week or even a month or two to fully develop though but all signs are pointing towards a forming rally.

And the top will most likely be somewhere between 5000 and 7000 or something indeed.
I think it very hard to call the next top already.
It really depends on all the news.
For example, when a government declares bitcoin national currency, BTC goes much higher than 7000 (add a couple zeros)
But, when proof exist  of a fatal flaw in bitcoin we pretty much go to zero.

But, I very much like the binary bet.

It will not most likely go to 700 000 USD at this rally but 7000 is realistic based on so many previous rallies.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1008
Delusional crypto obsessionist

It will probably encounter some form of resistance around ~450, ~470 ~500, ~670 and of course ~1000 and ~1400 (and probably more price points) but it will eventually go pretty fast and it seems to be starting now. It will probably take a couple of week or even a month or two to fully develop though but all signs are pointing towards a forming rally.

And the top will most likely be somewhere between 5000 and 7000 or something indeed.
I think it very hard to call the next top already.
It really depends on all the news.
For example, when a government declares bitcoin national currency, BTC goes much higher than 7000 (add a couple zeros)
But, when proof exist  of a fatal flaw in bitcoin we pretty much go to zero.

But, I very much like the binary bet.

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

The next bubble will be somewhere between 5000-7000 USD.
Activity: 707
Merit: 500

legendary
We are witnessing with our very own eyes the opportunity to purchase 1:1,000,000th of the money supply of this world, with one click, for $5,000, which is 1:10,000,000,000 of the fiat supply of the world.

Do the division: money is going for 1:10,000 of the price of fiat.

I don't trust the government that much.

The history sides with me. The bitcoins the Norwegian guy bought for the total of $5 in 2009, bought him an apartment in 2014. If kept in fiat, it would have bought him - a sandwich.

Very true, and I think it won't be the last time bitcoin will explode upwards like that.
We are witnessing with our very own eyes the opportunity to purchase 1:1,000,000th of the money supply of this world, with one click, for $5,000, which is 1:10,000,000,000 of the fiat supply of the world.

The history sides with me. The bitcoins the Norwegian guy bought for the total of $5 in 2009, bought him an apartment in 2014. If kept in fiat, it would have bought him - a sandwich.

Reptilian, not even a sandwhich. In Finland you need to pay something like 8 USD for sandwhich (6 euros).
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed
1. Bitcoin achieves efficient trusted payment between pseudoanonymous peers without the need for a trusted third party. Because the non-Bitcoin economy is greatly burdened by rent-seeking trusted third parties, e.g. banks, Bitcoin has great disruptive potential that is drawing substantial venture capital and entrepreneurs. The payment mechanism is a public ledger and programmable money. Bitcoin is a extendable technology platform - analogous to the Internet.

2. Bitcoin provides a deflationary store of value because a maximum 21 million bitcoins will ever be created. The substitution of bitcoin for fiat will substitute the virtue of savings/prudent spending for the vice of dis-saving/immediate indulgence. Bitcoin as currency will profoundly impact on the world's economy and culture, e.g. no more ruinous boom and bust credit cycles. Not analogous to the Internet.
Activity: 811
Merit: 1000
Web Developer
Bitcoin technology is not comparible to the internet. Bitcoin is just one little thing. Bitcoin uses the internet.

So is it comparable to HTTP? Or SMTP? Or VoIP? Or FTP? All different types of little things that use the internet.  Bitcoin is just another killer app for the Internet.
legendary
Bitcoin technology is not comparible to the internet. Bitcoin is just one little thing. Bitcoin uses the internet.

Bitcoin is just the first app of the blockchain, but the blockchain can and will do much more. also the blockchain does not technically NEED the internet.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes

... The ramifications of this are huge....

It is mind blowing but still so under recognized. Tucker has the best posts on this particular theme. Still sends chills down my spine every time.

Could you provide a link? I'd like to read about this theme...

http://lfb.org/what-if-this-is-happening/

Its the connection to renewed freedom.
legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1008
central banking = outdated protocol
I don't think anyone compared bitcoin to the internet (the internet is a physical network of computers), but I have heard it compared to an internet protocol like tcp/ip.

Edit:  I do personally anticipate that bitcoin's impact will likely be as big if not bigger than that of the internet and it's past protocols even if they were necessary predecessors.
Activity: 193
Merit: 117
HODL
People compare it to the internet because it's an elegant core technology that enables new things to be done that couldn't before it existed.  Another comparison is that it replaces private/expensive technologies with an efficient decentralized one.  These both work OK. 
If you take it to mean adoption will spread like the internet to such a large audience in 20 years or less, well, we're speculating on that now.  It's a more complicated argument.
Activity: 715

It is mind blowing but still so under recognized. Tucker has the best posts on this particular theme. Still sends chills down my spine every time.

Could you provide a link? I'd like to read about this theme...
Activity: 518
Bitcoin::Internet
Miners::Servers
Wallets::Browsers
Scammers::Nigerian Prince Emails

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile

It is a bit of a relative and time dependent argument though.
I mean the internet, at this point in time is a standard thing, like electricity. (Without it there would be no internet, without internet there would be no bitcoin, or would there? Money is faith and we are learning that.)

The internet opened the doors to break the monopoly on information more than anything that came before it, printing press included.
Bitcoin/Cryptos is now essentially doing that with money. I think those are perhaps two of the biggest ways people have been controlled in our history.
To overly granualize this really misses the big picture and power of Crypto's.

You see, what Bitcoin is doing to our understanding of money, and will continue to do, is mind bending as I alluded to above. The ramifications of this are huge.
We are starting to have a consciousness shift, a reality shift from these Cryptos and our understanding of what money is.

IAS
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Bitcoin::Internet
Miners::Servers
Wallets::Browsers
Scammers::Nigerian Prince Emails

+1   Grin

Jump to: