Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 205. (Read 907212 times)

legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163
Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos
And why in the world would any man want more than one woman!?  That is the question I have always had for polygamists!  Cheesy

I must admit I am equally confused about why any one man wouldn't want more than one woman. Polygamy/polyamory seems very natural to me. Also it's very practical when running a household. Also polyamory is wrong. You shouldn't mix Greek and Latin like that. It should be multiamory or polyphilia  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 5269

Well, here in the US, I don't expect any problems, but I guess we'll find out soon.  I mean, certainly I wouldn't be the first person to test Coinbase's $50,000 limit, right?  And since they have already done KYC, it shouldn't be a problem, should it?

i tried to take out 40k via coinbase in december and failed.  but the larger point is that even if coinbase does not fail, or you use local exchange, whatever, then trying to move the fiat thereafter is not necessarily going to work well.  you may be better off spending btc.

I've thought about and debated this in my mind as well.  I'm in the same boat, whether to sell a large chunk of btc on the next run up (and the next, and so on, ad infinitum) vs. just taking out a monthly/bi-monthly withdrawal to cover living expenses as time goes on, etc.  I haven't had issues with my bank so far, but I've heard others have depending on their bank (Chase seems to be one culprit) and the specific amount that the bank 'flags' as suspicious.  For those of us who want to continue to increase our btc holdings while the bubbles last, being able to sell large amounts of btc at the bubble tops is kind of a necessity.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
This is why I'm buying a substantial amount of btc before my trading break rather than cashing everything out and buying back in the trend reversal - the risk of the two fiat transactions - cashing out and depositing back in, will outweigh the gain on the trade of whatever is left of the downtrend at this point. Who knows if... by that point maybe my bank will have put some block on bitcoin exchanges and I won't even be able to get back in as it's breaking out.

On the other hand, building a reputation of habitually moving "large" (the bank-large is now hardly a monthly salary in many places) balances can enable you to do it when you really need the opportunity. Sudden large (albeit completely legal and documented) activity may cause you problems, because the banks these days are very much constrained by the controllists.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Well, here in the US, I don't expect any problems, but I guess we'll find out soon.  I mean, certainly I wouldn't be the first person to test Coinbase's $50,000 limit, right?  And since they have already done KYC, it shouldn't be a problem, should it?

i tried to take out 40k via coinbase in december and failed.  but the larger point is that even if coinbase does not fail, or you use local exchange, whatever, then trying to move the fiat thereafter is not necessarily going to work well.  you may be better off spending btc.
This is why I'm buying a substantial amount of btc before my trading break rather than cashing everything out and buying back in the trend reversal - the risk of the two fiat transactions - cashing out and depositing back in, will outweigh the gain on the trade of whatever is left of the downtrend at this point. Who knows if... by that point maybe my bank will have put some block on bitcoin exchanges and I won't even be able to get back in as it's breaking out.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas

Activity: 378
Merit: 255
This depends on your country, bank and degree of fascism you are subject to. Here in Sweden, for example, the banks view "activity" as "suspicious" until you prove otherwise and doing so is not that easy.

Are you sure that you are not exaggerating anything here? Wouldn't that completely impede the capital movement, which is a large %% of economy?
If what you are writing is true, then i understand where Cyprus came from.

As I said, your country and how far info fascism it has fallen may vary. I am just saying that my personal experience is that if you have a job and your employer deposits your salary into your account and you use that money to pay your bills then you'll probably be fine, if you actually use your account for anything then you get your account frozen and you have to go through all sorts of hoops to prove your perfectly normal activity was perfectly legal. The same happens if you have funds in another country or even just another bank and you move more than pocket change into your bank account.

As I said, you may live in a country where fascism has not yet risen to this level and if you do then you're lucky - for now. I will not risk having more in a bank than I need to pay bills in the very near future and I hope it will be possible to pay utility bills and such in BTC or in another way that bypasses banks in the future.

It really does not help that you made your perfectly legal money in a perfectly legal way when your bank account is frozen and you have to go through all kinds of hell to get access to your funds again.

Well, here in the US, I don't expect any problems, but I guess we'll find out soon.  I mean, certainly I wouldn't be the first person to test Coinbase's $50,000 limit, right?  And since they have already done KYC, it shouldn't be a problem, should it?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
With respect to the wives in this thread, I urge the curtailing of this line of discussion before we see 'Wife Observer - the Quality T&A Thread Wink'  After all, there are kids here. Shocked
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants

And why in the world would any man want more than one woman!?  That is the question I have always had for polygamists!  Cheesy

As a man I can understand the natural male drive to mate with just about every woman we see. Alarming perhaps to women, but no less true.

As a man who has been faithful to my single wife of 21 years who is my very best friend, and still the hottest woman I have ever seen I am sad for any man who never experiences the deep beauty of monogamous bliss...

Also.  one woman is ENOUGH. Smiley
Activity: 99
Merit: 10

One husband is quite enough for any woman!   Grin

simple: portfolio diversification  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
I am not sure what you are talking about. Surely, exchanging money between bank and brokerage or between bank and coinbase is NOT a "suspicious" activity.
I think that coinbase undergoes full KYC/AML vetting procedure (takes a month).

This depends on your country, bank and degree of fascism you are subject to. Here in Sweden, for example, the banks view "activity" as "suspicious" until you prove otherwise and doing so is not that easy.

I have a Norwegian neighbor who is in her 70s. She has saved up quite a lot of money during her long life. She tried moving some of her money from her Norwegian account to the local bank. They froze her account and demanded all kinds of statements. It was apparently not enough to show that she bought a big fancy house in the 1990s and sold it before moving to an apartment here mid 2000s. Where did she get the money for that house? By selling another house when she moved at that time. But the documents for that was not enough. No, where did she get the money for the house she had way back in the 1970s? And so on. She eventually gave up and closed her local bank accounts.

It does not matter if you made your money legally or not, all bank activity is now "suspicious".

I personally try to keep my local bank account balance as close to zero as possible, I move money into it so I have enough to pay bills and expenses the coming month and that's it. No way I'm trusting those fascist control-freaks with anything more than strictly required. You can not pay rent or utility bills with cryptocurrency and it is also not possible to use cash for that anymore so I have to use banks to some extent (you can go to a bank and pay bills cash at a outrageous fee but they demand you show your ID and waste half an hour asking you stupid questions about it because it's such suspicious).

Was this in the US?  Or what country?

Bolded the important part for you

I was going to tell him but it is better if it doesn't come from the wife! Wink

Always happy when I can save a marriage Wink I bet your marriage longterm trendline points upwards, but make sure it's not this way: http://xkcd.com/605/ Cheesy

One husband is quite enough for any woman!   Grin

Activity: 235
Merit: 100
I was promised da moon
I am not sure what you are talking about. Surely, exchanging money between bank and brokerage or between bank and coinbase is NOT a "suspicious" activity.

I have a Norwegian neighbor who is in her 70s. She has saved up quite a lot of money during her long life. She tried moving some of her money from her Norwegian account to the local bank. They froze her account and demanded all kinds of statements. It was apparently not enough to show that she bought a big fancy house in the 1990s and sold it before moving to an apartment here mid 2000s. Where did she get the money for that house? By selling another house when she moved at that time. But the documents for that was not enough. No, where did she get the money for the house she had way back in the 1970s? And so on. She eventually gave up and closed her local bank accounts.

It does not matter if you made your money legally or not, all bank activity is now "suspicious".

I personally try to keep my local bank account balance as close to zero as possible, I move money into it so I have enough to pay bills and expenses the coming month and that's it. No way I'm trusting those fascist control-freaks with anything more than strictly required. You can not pay rent or utility bills with cryptocurrency and it is also not possible to use cash for that anymore so I have to use banks to some extent (you can go to a bank and pay bills cash at a outrageous fee but they demand you show your ID and waste half an hour asking you stupid questions about it because it's such suspicious).

Always happy when I can save a marriage Wink I bet your marriage longterm trendline points upwards, but make sure it's not this way: http://xkcd.com/605/ Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

Haha, that's great! Smiley
Activity: 196
We more people feeling like this, the sooner and bigger the breakthrought. C'mon pink, spread some more FUD Grin

Why are people accused of spreading FUD if they make even a slightly negative comment about BTC's future? I didn't even know what FUD was until recently - had to google it.
Activity: 155
This latest drop doesn't seem so bad. Looks like it's still staying above long term downtrend lines, atleast if you don't use log chart.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Activity: 235
I was promised da moon

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

Activity: 196

Would withdrawing $1000 or so per day not be considered "suspicious activity" as well? I fear that even the smallest amount could be heavily taxed...
[/quote]

I would have thought that all BTC profits would be taxed whether you withdraw $1,000 a day or the whole lot at once?
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Now the problem is how to be able to invest when the coin is cheap.

No, forget about that. You told that you are already nearly fully invested. Keep the rest as a cushion.

Planning how practically to execute the sale of the bitcoins is also important. You cannot suddenly repatriate millions of dollars to your bank for example (the limit of "suspicious activity" may be much smaller such as $5k!).

I just posted a thread asking about this: I'm a very small owner of BTC, but when it is worth a lot I'll want to have some cash. What are the best countries to receive the money from exchanges?

Would withdrawing $1000 or so per day not be considered "suspicious activity" as well? I fear that even the smallest amount could be heavily taxed...

When Bitcoin is worth a lot, maybe you wont have to (want to) "cash out" any more? What do you think are the circumstances for Bitcoin to be worth say $100,000. I don't think it'd be sensible, maybe not even feasable, to exchange for cash since either everyone will accept BTC or noone will want any USD, or both.

I agree with you to a certain extent, and I would definitely never sell more than a small portion of my hodlings. For sure this would be the case if we're talking about btc stable at say $100.000. But there might be a much earlier bubble peaking at that amount, and maybe some money would be nice (even necessary) to survive meanwhile, before bitcoin is truly widespread...

Prices at $100K-1mil are just a dream that might never materialize.
however SSS plan is very sensible
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sss-a-sane-and-simple-bitcoin-savings-plan-345065
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Now the problem is how to be able to invest when the coin is cheap.

No, forget about that. You told that you are already nearly fully invested. Keep the rest as a cushion.

Planning how practically to execute the sale of the bitcoins is also important. You cannot suddenly repatriate millions of dollars to your bank for example (the limit of "suspicious activity" may be much smaller such as $5k!).

I just posted a thread asking about this: I'm a very small owner of BTC, but when it is worth a lot I'll want to have some cash. What are the best countries to receive the money from exchanges?

When Bitcoin is worth a lot, maybe you wont have to (want to) "cash out" any more? What do you think are the circumstances for Bitcoin to be worth say $100,000. I don't think it'd be sensible, maybe not even feasable, to exchange for cash since either everyone will accept BTC or noone will want any USD, or both.

I agree with you to a certain extent, and I would definitely never sell more than a small portion of my hodlings. For sure this would be the case if we're talking about btc stable at say $100.000. But there might be a much earlier bubble peaking at that amount, and maybe some money would be nice (even necessary) to survive meanwhile, before bitcoin is truly widespread...
Jump to: