Pages:
Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 22. (Read 907176 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
we can fuel the rocket without rpietila!!!
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

That's why, even if you don't want to trade, you should at least cost-average, in a disciplined manner.

I think I will need some software to do that for me.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas

I stand corrected. Didn't look correctly (or at all). Just saw: hmm, it's still at the price I got in, so it hasn't moved... pretty stupid of me Wink

That's why, even if you don't want to trade, you should at least cost-average, in a disciplined manner.
donator

I stand corrected. Didn't look correctly (or at all). Just saw: hmm, it's still at the price I got in, so it hasn't moved... pretty stupid of me Wink
Activity: 868
Merit: 584
The draft needs to go through the hands of a proofreader.
I used to proofread legal and financial documents for a living, and I was shocked when I read this thing.  The current draft isn't fit to see the light of day.
Risto, I see in another thread that you suggest using your Monero value proposition document as a pitching tool.  Anyone contemplating doing so really should go through it beforehand to correct the many glaring errors, for example
Monero’s total market valuation should compare to the other asses mentioned above.
legendary
Activity: 861
Merit: 1010
donator
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
Fitch just downgraded Finland.

Gladly it doesn't matter since ECB has finally started to buy governement bonds. The trades are executed via national Central banks and they create the money to do it. Therefore, Finland will not borrow that much from outside but from our own Central bank that pays their profits back to the governement. It is like moving your money from pocket A to pocket B and after that back to original pocket A.

Fitch (also as the other two) are on a payroll from either market makers or the central banks. Believe nothing, for this is nothing but the death throe of a preannounced death. What ECB tries to do is nothing but trying to keep alive a dinosaur that has his head off back in 2008 and still keeps walking. Other technologies have been emerged in the meanwhile that most probably will outperform and declare obsolete the current global economic turmoil.

Solid advice: Grab some popcorn and keep your crypto. Wink
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

Gladly it doesn't matter since ECB has finally started to buy governement bonds. The trades are executed via national Central banks and they create the money to do it. Therefore, Finland will not borrow that much from outside but from our own Central bank that pays their profits back to the governement. It is like moving your money from pocket A to pocket B and after that back to original pocket A.

Are they (ECB) not also buying bank debt now?  Not that it matters I guess.  It's all part of the same clusterfuck.  its only 80 billion a month.  What difference where it goes?  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

While I detest the Finnish economic policy, it is even more incredulous that bankster fronts pose as independent and reputable rating agencies whose scripted decisions move markets to the direction which greases their own pockets the most.
What are your thoughts on Trump being the next POTUS as it pertains to bitcoin? Have you viewed what is going on in the US today?
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

While I detest the Finnish economic policy, it is even more incredulous that bankster fronts pose as independent and reputable rating agencies whose scripted decisions move markets to the direction which greases their own pockets the most.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas
donator
I tried to create a character many moons ago, but every time I did, I was unable to login. Disparaged from creating several characters, none of them working, I just lost interest a bit. But didn't lose all interest.

Now, on another note, I would highly suggest you make a decent blog on a decent platform - not some freebie platform. As a newcomer it is frustrating to wade through these things - the same with the CK wiki on wikia. It's a head-ache with all those ads and so forth.

If you want help with streamlining of all that, I'm up for that - if you can help me set up a CK account and compensate me in CKG and CON?

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll try to open up the philosophy which might serve in addressing the concerns as well.

1. Character creation works now and is expected to work continuously from now on. We still have a large portion of the backend administered manually so don't even want too many characters. The reputation of not being user-friendly, and reluctance to do marketing, are accomplishing this temporary objective neatly. We have 213 accounts now. Whenever we feel that we can handle more players, we put forward some marketing effort, and when we are overwhelmed with the existing ones, we don't do marketing and the bad reputation reduces the number of entrants.

2. We are currently in the mode of increasing playercount, this is why we have helps and perks and the system works, etc. But at the same time, we don't fantasize that the game would appeal to large audiences and have no problem with that many try it out and end up in "WTF".

3. The game does not seek sudden growth - we are happy to get to 1,000 players by June and 10,000 by end-2016. This is in stark contrast to low-entry games that can get millions of accounts in a month, yet die out before they reach even the age CK has now.

4. For the "insiders", the game has been going on since 2014-10-18 and their fortunes are continuously increasing. It is always possible to join this group, but it does require accepting not only the game but also its platform in its current and changing condition, and a few months of active play before you
A)learn to play
B)gain levels
C)gain social capital in the community, since a large part of the game requires that to function.

5. CK philosophy is quite decentralized, including
A)"Town" does not own the game, rather the players own the "Town"
B) All open-source
C) Social contract how to form the "state-of-the-world" from the open-source data in open-source platform.

6. The blog, as everything else, is user content - the user just happens to be me in this case. Most users have not aimed at terrific graphics in their guides and helps. I am not against someone creating them, though.

7. The dilemma with writing tutorials etc is that the expertise level (experience) of the writer needs to be very high for the result to be good, and even then, the game evolves so rapidly that perhaps 25% gets rewritten each month. The way to jump in is... jump in. And we know that it's not for everybody at this point. But it is for just the kind of people who like it, and whom we like to be in,

8. Welcome to CK! The game is easier to start (both technically, and socially, and intellectually) than ever before. And it is free! And for some time still, Martti acts as a good guide how to make a non-depositing character gain levels, gold and fame Smiley

9. If you want to start a FOC, it is now possible, we just got a new admin feature. Contact BCT: saddambitcoin for a deposit and he will credit it to your FOC (less the 50 XMR one-time fee). The account cannot in any event expire before 350 years of dormancy and it does not have maintenance.
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
Can a character be converted to a FOC account? When will the FOC option open?

Thanks for asking. In these agile projects you never know what will happen next (even as the project manager as I am  Roll Eyes )

We ended up opening a new PC registration with starting gifts that fully allow playing without deposit as well. Of course the main modules playable are health and marketplace, and the first is mainly eating your money, and the latter is of course more fun the more you have  Cheesy

There is even a blog-format tutorial about it. I'd exhort everyone who is interested in CK to read this one, it is planned to be a one-page daily read, bringing the concepts of CK to the reader as the main character, Martti, 15 yo country boy, encounters them.

A PC cannot be converted to a FOC, but the same result happens if you found a FOC and the PC wills all his belongings to it and dies.

For all those who even have a little interest in the game, I'd ask you to read the blog and start playing as a PC. Depositing is possible and you get many freebies. Waiting for FOC when we might be willing to open it, and then paying 50 XMR for the privilege (which you can anyway do regardless of having a PC now or not) just does not cut it imo.

I tried to create a character many moons ago, but every time I did, I was unable to login. Disparaged from creating several characters, none of them working, I just lost interest a bit. But didn't lose all interest.

Now, on another note, I would highly suggest you make a decent blog on a decent platform - not some freebie platform. As a newcomer it is frustrating to wade through these things - the same with the CK wiki on wikia. It's a head-ache with all those ads and so forth.

If you want help with streamlining of all that, I'm up for that - if you can help me set up a CK account and compensate me in CKG and CON?
donator
Can a character be converted to a FOC account? When will the FOC option open?

Thanks for asking. In these agile projects you never know what will happen next (even as the project manager as I am  Roll Eyes )

We ended up opening a new PC registration with starting gifts that fully allow playing without deposit as well. Of course the main modules playable are health and marketplace, and the first is mainly eating your money, and the latter is of course more fun the more you have  Cheesy

There is even a blog-format tutorial about it. I'd exhort everyone who is interested in CK to read this one, it is planned to be a one-page daily read, bringing the concepts of CK to the reader as the main character, Martti, 15 yo country boy, encounters them.

A PC cannot be converted to a FOC, but the same result happens if you found a FOC and the PC wills all his belongings to it and dies.

For all those who even have a little interest in the game, I'd ask you to read the blog and start playing as a PC. Depositing is possible and you get many freebies. Waiting for FOC when we might be willing to open it, and then paying 50 XMR for the privilege (which you can anyway do regardless of having a PC now or not) just does not cut it imo.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040
legendary
Activity: 981
Merit: 1005
No maps for these territories
This thread needs more reptilian´s
Pages:
Jump to: