Pages:
Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 25. (Read 907187 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
Food for thought: Acquiring XMR at the moment (unless you have a complex netbot at your disposal) is quite hard to get on hold to WITHOUT being identified. This is because at almost every case an exchange is the intermediate. So, in essence, you lack of true anonymity. Granted, if you make a transaction you achieve "true" anonymity, but you cannot undo your involvement that certifies that you were -at least- once involved with hidden wealth.

I've posted my musings on this quite a lot of times. I've also proposed a nice way to integrate anonymity within your client. Take a look here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9387810

If you have the time, it's a nice read (be sure to read some posts back as well).
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
Bitcoin as a vehicle of freedom is likely lost.

I agree that the fungibility-thing is one of the greatest threats to BTC (still potentially only afaik). But since they already inverted the burden of proof in tax matters in many countries from a long time, and given other regulations like civil asset seizures based on nothing (and already exceeding burglaries in value in the US: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-17/police-civil-asset-forfeitures-exceed-value-all-burglaries-2014 ), they could as well start incriminating people for the mere use or possession of an anonymous/untrackable cryptocoin.

The only ways out for what I can see is either move/do business where this organized insanity is lacking, or go "system D" in the underground economy with all the risks involved. In any case there would be not much difference between BTC and say XMR in terms of user safety against TPTB.
Activity: 869
Merit: 585
Bitcoin as a vehicle of freedom is likely lost. The transparency and decentralization either were planned to self-destruct it, or it was too easy to be subverted to be part of the control-based world money system. People wiser than me saw this a long time ago, and also said that once the "occupation" of Bitcoin is complete, then its value will be let rise meteorically, because people cannot take the gains out anyway, and the value rise will trap the last mohicans with 100, 1000 or 10,000 BTC holdings who are charged with whatever financial crimes if they try to diversify (unless they are the insiders who get away with anything). So if you are living off-grid, you may now be able to take $100k out of Bitcoin, but when Bitcoin is 100x more valuable, you can still get $100k, maximum.
^Salutary, if astringent.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
The easiest way to hedge your fortunes is to acquire the same number of XMR as you own BTC, since then it does not matter to you how their mutual exchange rate goes and which technology gains more. Only 0.1% of your BTC need to be diverted to buying XMR to achieve this.

So if you have 21BTC you should have 21 monroj or 2100?

21 XMR. It is actually more % of the total than 21 BTC is (both as per current emission and the long term until ~2050 when XMR overtakes BTC).

So it's not about the monetary sacrifice, it's sacrificing the principle that BTC is infallible and all alts are shit by definition.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC
Freedom of expression is tricky stuff.

I really didn't expect you to enforce conformity like this after all you've said.

After all what I said, such as the OP of the thread, 2 years and 6,800 posts ago:

Welcome to the new business lounge. Wine and cigars are on the house.

The intention of this thread is to post analysis on short to medium term fiat/BTC price developments, scenarios, portfolio allocation, etc. what fits the topic. No double bottoms, ad hominem, trolling or low level comments. As usual, your post will be deleted if not conforming to guidelines above.
(boldings added)

So let it be repeated that the purpose of this self-moderated thread is NOT to give "freedom of expression" to anyone. This is my "business lounge", fit for passing discussions about interesting topics, and then we move on to the next. I moderate the discussion for the benefit of the participants and the lurkers. When you read or post in this thread you accept the rules, and this thread has spawned a multitude of critique threads during its years of existence, where the ousted trolls can post the Mr.Burns pics (I personally find that one really funny though).

"As usual", your post will be deleted for non-conformity. Fatman3001, don't get offended that I am rubbing this to your face, the point is just to return to the common ground since you obviously did not even know that this is one of the most censored threads in the whole forum!  Cheesy

(If you want "freedom of expression", do as I did - start your own thread! The global admins are just happy that you take the burden of moderation from them.)

I understand. Rules are important.
legendary
Activity: 861
Merit: 1010
And to celebrate the 700,000 views, I will drop another bombshell:

During my relatively absent months in the forum (the time that I have mainly developed Crypto Kingdom), I have been thinking. The thinking is that Bitcoin as a vehicle of freedom is likely lost. The transparency and decentralization either were planned to self-destruct it, or it was too easy to be subverted to be part of the control-based world money system. People wiser than me saw this a long time ago, and also said that once the "occupation" of Bitcoin is complete, then its value will be let rise meteorically, because people cannot take the gains out anyway, and the value rise will trap the last mohicans with 100, 1000 or 10,000 BTC holdings who are charged with whatever financial crimes if they try to diversify (unless they are the insiders who get away with anything). So if you are living off-grid, you may now be able to take $100k out of Bitcoin, but when Bitcoin is 100x more valuable, you can still get $100k, maximum.
In the future, you will be able to diversify while staying on the Blockchain.
Activity: 722
Merit: 500
The easiest way to hedge your fortunes is to acquire the same number of XMR as you own BTC, since then it does not matter to you how their mutual exchange rate goes and which technology gains more. Only 0.1% of your BTC need to be diverted to buying XMR to achieve this.

So if you have 21BTC you should have 21 monroj or 2100?
donator
And to celebrate the 700,000 views, I will drop another bombshell:

During my relatively absent months in the forum (the time that I have mainly developed Crypto Kingdom), I have been thinking. The thinking is that Bitcoin as a vehicle of freedom is likely lost. The transparency and decentralization either were planned to self-destruct it, or it was too easy to be subverted to be part of the control-based world money system. People wiser than me saw this a long time ago, and also said that once the "occupation" of Bitcoin is complete, then its value will be let rise meteorically, because people cannot take the gains out anyway, and the value rise will trap the last mohicans with 100, 1000 or 10,000 BTC holdings who are charged with whatever financial crimes if they try to diversify (unless they are the insiders who get away with anything). So if you are living off-grid, you may now be able to take $100k out of Bitcoin, but when Bitcoin is 100x more valuable, you can still get $100k, maximum.

Monero version 0.9 "Hydrogen Helix" is released. There has not been new releases of Monero core for a very long time. It might be good to check out if you don't own any. The price has been modest (slightly up in fiat y/y, slightly down in BTC)

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I also believe that Bitcoin will rise in this year. Smashing the longstanding ATH happens probably before summer.

Reptillia calling bottom.  Memories Roll Eyes

It's not technically "calling a bottom", though. "bitcoin will rise" could include a drop to $1 beforehand.
donator

I really didn't expect you to enforce conformity like this after all you've said.

After all what I said, such as the OP of the thread, 2 years and 6,800 posts ago:

Welcome to the new business lounge. Wine and cigars are on the house.

The intention of this thread is to post analysis on short to medium term fiat/BTC price developments, scenarios, portfolio allocation, etc. what fits the topic. No double bottoms, ad hominem, trolling or low level comments. As usual, your post will be deleted if not conforming to guidelines above.
(boldings added)

So let it be repeated that the purpose of this self-moderated thread is NOT to give "freedom of expression" to anyone. This is my "business lounge", fit for passing discussions about interesting topics, and then we move on to the next. I moderate the discussion for the benefit of the participants and the lurkers. When you read or post in this thread you accept the rules, and this thread has spawned a multitude of critique threads during its years of existence, where the ousted trolls can post the Mr.Burns pics (I personally find that one really funny though).

"As usual", your post will be deleted for non-conformity. Fatman3001, don't get offended that I am rubbing this to your face, the point is just to return to the common ground since you obviously did not even know that this is one of the most censored threads in the whole forum!  Cheesy

(If you want "freedom of expression", do as I did - start your own thread! The global admins are just happy that you take the burden of moderation from them.)
legendary
Activity: 1526
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC
Whenever exercising free speech is a "problem", we truly have a problem.

Moderator note: I delete posts that degrade the quality of discussion. If your post is deleted, please think why that might be and don't post the same thing again. Finding out the Truth in the delicate matter of a freedom activist first being regarded as a criminal for years, and then suddenly changed to a nutcase instead is interesting. To allow intelligent discussion to take place, behave yourselves.

I got an e-mail notification saying you deleted my post.

When one feels entitled it can be tricky to see clearly.

I guess I'll have to censor myself from now on.

Anyhew, best of luck and good health to you.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116
donator
What is that, a poisonous pixel link?!

Get lost.  Grin
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Now that we're buddy-buddy & all, any idea why the shitcoin you used to pimp Monero continues to plumb new lows?

Why, it's up 30% today...  Huh

And one year Euro price is also up 30%.

What is that, a poisonous pixel link?! I get my Monero learnings here: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/monero/

Down down down...
legendary
Activity: 2114
... Why do i see the horizon when i look into the distance?

What part of "you're living a lie" don't you get? Have you even watched "They Live"?!
Who you gonna trust, Hyena or your lying eyes?

That's what I thought in the beginning --- that I should be able to see the apparent concavity with my own eyes if Earth was concave. Because we don't see it, I discarded the concave earth theory as an utter garbage. However, one day I stumbled upon the facts according to which light itself bends. This discovery changed everything. Since light bends we are not able to see the concavity. Objects we see near the horizon at the eye level are actually located much higher than they appear to be.

edit:
added a nice illustration  Grin
donator
Now that we're buddy-buddy & all, any idea why the shitcoin you used to pimp Monero continues to plumb new lows?

Why, it's up 30% today...  Huh

And one year Euro price is also up 30%.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040
@rpietila

But all of this has to be weighted against the problem of stark raving mad individuals being released too early and starts ranting about saving the world from the imaginary jesuit/zionist conspiracy. Granted, the line between political extremist and dangerous loon might be iffy some times. And even mental health personnel can make mistakes. But just doing nothing is irresponsible. Some people needs to be rescued from themselves. By the way, do you take any meds or do you maintain that it was all a big conspiracy and you're fit as a fiddle? Another thing, was this the same committal you earlier claimed was voluntary?

Best Regards

Labeling entirely peaceful people who have never as much as hit a human, "dangerous", we truly have a problem.

Not meddling each others' affairs is now "irresponsible". We truly have a problem.

The name of the problem is "1984", people living in dystopia not even realizing it and calling it normal. Orwell called it "controlled insanity". No, not mine. Yours.   Embarrassed

I happen to have two good friends who I respect immensely who both are what the rest of us call geniuses. And they both had mental incidents (they coincidentally both ran around naked screaming they were Jesus and were going to save the world) that landed them involuntarily committed. And they both managed to get back to a fairly normal life after their treatment (one of them is now a lecturer at a very prestigious university) as long as they took their meds. Although my language in previous posts might have been coloured by my repulsion at your anti-semitic views, I say this with as much compassion as I can muster: Please get help! Take your meds if you have them and get treatment now! Denial is not a good sign!

Thinking you're the reincarnation of Jesus is a common delusion among the mentally ill. Schizoprenia is actually quite predictable.  Cry

Yup, that's what I'm saying. This thread turned sad for me.

The irony here is we all think we're someone's Jesus.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1xrNaTO1bI

I wonder what the subject of persecutory complexes was before the common era. Osiris?

I would think more along the lines of Horus.

edit: maybe that's where you were headed though
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I also believe that Bitcoin will rise in this year. Smashing the longstanding ATH happens probably before summer.

Welcome to the forum! Smiley

Thanks friend!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116
@rpietila

But all of this has to be weighted against the problem of stark raving mad individuals being released too early and starts ranting about saving the world from the imaginary jesuit/zionist conspiracy. Granted, the line between political extremist and dangerous loon might be iffy some times. And even mental health personnel can make mistakes. But just doing nothing is irresponsible. Some people needs to be rescued from themselves. By the way, do you take any meds or do you maintain that it was all a big conspiracy and you're fit as a fiddle? Another thing, was this the same committal you earlier claimed was voluntary?

Best Regards

Labeling entirely peaceful people who have never as much as hit a human, "dangerous", we truly have a problem.

Not meddling each others' affairs is now "irresponsible". We truly have a problem.

The name of the problem is "1984", people living in dystopia not even realizing it and calling it normal. Orwell called it "controlled insanity". No, not mine. Yours.   Embarrassed

I happen to have two good friends who I respect immensely who both are what the rest of us call geniuses. And they both had mental incidents (they coincidentally both ran around naked screaming they were Jesus and were going to save the world) that landed them involuntarily committed. And they both managed to get back to a fairly normal life after their treatment (one of them is now a lecturer at a very prestigious university) as long as they took their meds. Although my language in previous posts might have been coloured by my repulsion at your anti-semitic views, I say this with as much compassion as I can muster: Please get help! Take your meds if you have them and get treatment now! Denial is not a good sign!

Thinking you're the reincarnation of Jesus is a common delusion among the mentally ill. Schizoprenia is actually quite predictable.  Cry

Yup, that's what I'm saying. This thread turned sad for me.

The irony here is we all think we're someone's Jesus. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1xrNaTO1bI

I wonder what the subject of persecutory complexes was before the common era. Osiris?
donator

Welcome to the forum! Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: