Pages:
Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 24. (Read 907176 times)

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
rjclarke2000 Alts are the new dotcoms. A few of them will do very nicely. BTC, XMR, FCT, Huh

And LTC because it is immune to all that spam Tx and block bloating nonsense.

why is LTC immune to that?
donator
Activity: 2772
rjclarke2000 Alts are the new dotcoms. A few of them will do very nicely. BTC, XMR, FCT, Huh

BTC is an alt now?
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic

And LTC because it is immune to all that spam Tx and block bloating nonsense.
Activity: 722
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016
I agree it's hard to know what alt coin will become adopted by the masses. I've been involved with Bitcoin since mid/ end of 2013 and I am confused there are so many out there saying they are the next big thing.

If I am confused what hope has the average man on the street got. Maybe it will only be Bitcoin as that's all the media and (some) people know about.

Another alt coin would need something massive or a huge ad campaign to get it out there.

How can Monero for example get recognition?

It's all very well us bitcointalk members loving it but that isn't going to do much for the future.

What thoughts do you all have about this?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
I think few thousand is better. Then sit tight for a few years and pray.

If everyone does that it would be at zero.... Trading, buying, selling, spending is necessary for success, if everyone just bought a few thousand back and did nothing except sit on them they would at some point become worthless....

Monero will not become worthless if everybody holds.
Actually quite the opposite.
Think about a scenario that someone buys 10 000 000 Moneros and simply sits on them and does nothing? What would happen to the price if there are only 500 000 Moneros available for everyday use and circulation while the majority of the coins just stand still in the vaults of hodlers.

well obviously if someone buys all the monero it will be harder for me to buy one, but the problem is that Monero has to sound better to me the investor of crypto currency than litecoin, ripple, dogecoin, dash, et cetera. Since i don't believe any coin has a true technological advantage, I would only pick Monero because I either know some information about your whale scenario coming, or I would wait for some confirmation that Monero has momentum where EVERY other Alt has failed to gain any. Monero may live forever, but so might Franko.....

Monero: limited issuance + immune from sensorships = sure to subsume all financial value worldwide  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

If everyone does that it would be at zero.... Trading, buying, selling, spending is necessary for success, if everyone just bought a few thousand back and did nothing except sit on them they would at some point become worthless....

Think about a scenario that someone buys 10 000 000 Moneros and simply sits on them and does nothing? What would happen to the price if there are only 500 000 Moneros available for everyday use and circulation while the majority of the coins just stand still in the vaults of hodlers.

well obviously if someone buys all the monero it will be harder for me to buy one, but the problem is that Monero has to sound better to me the investor of crypto currency than litecoin, ripple, dogecoin, dash, et cetera. Since i don't believe any coin has a true technological advantage, I would only pick Monero because I either know some information about your whale scenario coming, or I would wait for some confirmation that Monero has momentum where EVERY other Alt has failed to gain any. Monero may live forever, but so might Franko.....
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

Where can I spend Monero here in the Uk then?

You can spend Monero anywhere that accepts btc by using xmr.to
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

legendary

Where can I spend Monero here in the Uk then?
legendary
Activity: 1316
Si vis pacem, para bellum

legendary
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
The easiest way to hedge your fortunes is to acquire the same number of XMR as you own BTC, since then it does not matter to you how their mutual exchange rate goes and which technology gains more. Only 0.1% of your BTC need to be diverted to buying XMR to achieve this.

So if you have 21BTC you should have 21 monroj or 2100?

21 XMR. It is actually more % of the total than 21 BTC is (both as per current emission and the long term until ~2050 when XMR overtakes BTC).

So it's not about the monetary sacrifice, it's sacrificing the principle that BTC is infallible and all alts are shit by definition.  Grin

I disagree with this if HODLing XMR as a percentage of Bitcoin - I would use either 4 or 5 X BTC Therefore if you have 21 BTC have between 84-105 XMR.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Two years ago I found that flat earthers theorist. The first 3 months I was in total denial, like someone "sane" would be. After that, in an exercise of extreme open mindness I started seriously doubth about it. Now, Im pretty sure earth is a sphere BUT in the meantime I have concluded that all NASA, the mars missions, the apollo ones, the rossetta landing, the international space station, all them are scams.

All-of-them. You just have to examine the facts.

What about bigfoot?  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1092
What does the "vehicle of freedom" means?

Coin that has a pump going on.  Grin
Activity: 28
Merit: 0

A hardtail Hardly Ableson with comically long forks?
"We wanna be free! We wanna be free to do what we wanna do. We wanna be free to ride. We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man! ... And we wanna get loaded!"
legendary
Activity: 1834

Something that hopefully teaches what it means to be free. Mo' money, mo' problems? You tell me.
Activity: 43
Merit: 1
legendary
I like to diversify but why Monero? Why not another coin?

What reason do you think Monero will reach say $100-$1000 per coin? Is Monero being used for anything at all or is anything being lined up for Monero in the future?

I am not trying to be difficult or troll like here. These are genuine questions.

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Food for thought: Acquiring XMR at the moment (unless you have a complex netbot at your disposal) is quite hard to get on hold to WITHOUT being identified. This is because at almost every case an exchange is the intermediate. So, in essence, you lack of true anonymity. Granted, if you make a transaction you achieve "true" anonymity, but you cannot undo your involvement that certifies that you were -at least- once involved with hidden wealth.

It is important to know where the battle line is. Compliance with tyranny is futile.
Pages:
Jump to: