Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 225. (Read 907212 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Would you agree that Elliott Wave counts as you recognize them indicate a completion of the November 2013 bubble collapse?

Alongside fundamentals, yes. fundamentals can change. EW can be ambiguous, but it offers clear junctures. this could be an impulsive correction in a bear market, but I do not believe that..... we are not in a bear market. we are in a massive bull market.
Activity: 686
Merit: 501
Stephen Reed

Would you agree that Elliott Wave counts as you recognize them indicate a completion of the November 2013 bubble collapse?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
What's this about only being able to withdraw $10K a month from an exchange? I didn't buy through an exchange directly, but presumably the company I bought them from did.

What exchange?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
What's this about only being able to withdraw $10K a month from an exchange? I didn't buy through an exchange directly, but presumably the company I bought them from did.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Revisiting the trendline that I last posted, we see that the recent news about Chinese exchanges has conveniently stopped the rally short term at about the 550 resistance point. Because I believe that we are now between the bottom of the November 2013 bubble and the beginning of the next bubble, I am biased to expect that prices will move sideways through the resistance before resuming the rally. 

This is definitely a healthy thing. Growth over time is best. Imagine if you went from 4 feet talk to 6 feet over night....you would probably be dead. lol
legendary
Activity: 924
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
. . . Not many are in real life prepared for $100k per bitcoin this year, even though it is possible. It may ruin many people's life more than bitcoin going to zero.

Ha. Our log trend models predict an average price of $100k per bitcoin in about 18 months. What difference does 12 months make when it comes to ruining people's lives?

I don't think that it is much of a problem for most Wink. After all, there are only 10K people with 100 coins or more.
So, they will have >=$10 mil. $ 1 mil is quite modest and widespread in US if you count all assets (house, retirement, etc.).
Having 10 times more would not be a life changer in any way, but fully securing retirement.
There are roughly 29 mil millionaires in the world, so adding another 10 or even 100K people would not make a dent numbers-wide.

What I am seriously interested in is the recent side-chain proposal. Essentially, anyone with a large stash of bitcoins can become a corporation (aimed at new business ventures) while securing the entire new sidechain with their bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

My big goals are to fund a mission trip I am taking to India in the fall and pay for some humanitarian type things while I am there (water wells, medical camps, Aids outreach, funds for an orphanage).  If the price spikes this Summer I should be a in a great position to do so much more.  

Plus, when I was younger, I was joking that my "dream job" someday would be to become a philanthropist!  Maybe this will be a way to fulfill that dream!   Grin  (I also said that the only way I would ever get a doctorate degree is if I could get an "honorary" one.  Perhaps it goes along with philanthropy? LOL  We will see. . . )

Nice Smiley
I work for a Christian charity. Tried to bring up bitcoin with my boss a couple of times as something that is going to be a really big deal and we need to engage with. He wasn't interested, just didn't seem to get it. So I put one aside and in a year or two years I'll donate it to the charity with a big "I told you so."
It's kind of passive aggressive, but what's he going to do...? Cheesy

I am sure he won't complain if you say "I told you so" with a nice donation. Wink  It is really difficult getting non-profits on board, surprisingly!  I am going to India with a group of women and we are using a non-profit organization called Hill of Hope that will be serving as the site where all of the funds are collected before we then go to work with the group Harvest India.  I contacted Hill of Hope about taking Bitcoin directly and they did not seem interested.  I guess I can always just cash out coins myself and pay them directly but it would have been great to get them involved, not just for this one trip but for some of the other great charitable works they are helping finance.

Give it a couple of years.
This is getting a little off topic, but there is some great work going on with microfinance charities and bitcoin because it's the only way people can donate small sums directly without bank fees killing them.
elg
Activity: 151
Merit: 104
Bitchick, maybe just point Hill of Hope to this thread?
legendary
Activity: 1148

My big goals are to fund a mission trip I am taking to India in the fall and pay for some humanitarian type things while I am there (water wells, medical camps, Aids outreach, funds for an orphanage).  If the price spikes this Summer I should be a in a great position to do so much more.  

Plus, when I was younger, I was joking that my "dream job" someday would be to become a philanthropist!  Maybe this will be a way to fulfill that dream!   Grin  (I also said that the only way I would ever get a doctorate degree is if I could get an "honorary" one.  Perhaps it goes along with philanthropy? LOL  We will see. . . )

Nice Smiley
I work for a Christian charity. Tried to bring up bitcoin with my boss a couple of times as something that is going to be a really big deal and we need to engage with. He wasn't interested, just didn't seem to get it. So I put one aside and in a year or two years I'll donate it to the charity with a big "I told you so."

I am sure he won't complain if you say "I told you so" with a nice donation. Wink  It is really difficult getting non-profits on board, surprisingly!  I am going to India with a group of women and we are using a non-profit organization called Hill of Hope that will be serving as the site where all of the funds are collected before we then go to work with the group Harvest India.  I contacted Hill of Hope about taking Bitcoin directly and they did not seem interested.  I guess I can always just cash out coins myself and pay them directly but it would have been great to get them involved, not just for this one trip but for some of the other great charitable works they are helping finance.
Stephen Reed

How about donating a 0.1 BTC each year instead? You might be surprised at the result and the good it would do.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Nice Smiley

He is going to be sad when you quit after the rally Wink
Don't worry i feel the same when i tell my folks.  They don't get it, they don't listen.  
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

Nice Smiley
legendary
Revisiting the trendline that I last posted, we see that the recent news about Chinese exchanges has conveniently stopped the rally short term at about the 550 resistance point. Because I believe that we are now between the bottom of the November 2013 bubble and the beginning of the next bubble, I am biased to expect that prices will move sideways through the resistance before resuming the rally. 

So the question is, how long will we have to go sideways?
Stephen Reed
And here is the confirming chart of the adjusted number of bitcoin transactions. I say "confirming" because the price reversed from the recent bottom shortly before the transaction quantity did the same.

Stephen Reed

Stephen Reed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Millionaire_Next_Door

Millionaires are least probable to be found in expensive neighbourhoods. That's where middle-class debt-slaves go.

Yeah, that book fits me and my wife like a stereotype except that we are better educated than most no-competition small business owners that the book discusses. I laughed out loud when I read the part that those sorts of people have very frugal wives - coupon clippers, reads every receipt, argues every bad bill, questions my every purchase, etc.

So a man's wealth is directly proportional to their wife's frugality?  Wink

Yeah, when alone I allow myself to think that it is my financial genius - not! But the reality is that frugality, compound interest, e.g. stocks, bonds, income-producing real estate, and the simple passage of time are sufficient. That is the message of the mentioned book.

Bitcoin will disrupt my lifestyle to the extent that it disrupts the legacy financial infrastructure.
legendary

Millionaires are least probable to be found in expensive neighbourhoods. That's where middle-class debt-slaves go.

Yeah, that book fits me and my wife like a stereotype except that we are better educated than most no-competition small business owners that the book discusses. I laughed out loud when I read the part that those sorts of people have very frugal wives - coupon clippers, reads every receipt, argues every bad bill, questions my every purchase, etc.

So a man's wealth is directly proportional to their wife's frugality?  Wink
Stephen Reed

Yeah, that book fits me and my wife like a stereotype except that we are better educated than most no-competition small business owners that the book discusses. I laughed out loud when I read the part that those sorts of people have very frugal wives - coupon clippers, buys used cars, reads every receipt, argues every bad bill, questions the husband's every purchase, etc.
Activity: 496
Merit: 500
Spanish Bitcoin trader

Jump to: