Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 268. (Read 907212 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1001
http://blog.cryptocurrencyconcepts.net/post/72894222386/the-bitcoin-bull-market

The peak-to-trough total return of Bitcoin on Bitstamp is precisely: 1,163,000% - this is the biggest bull-market on a CAGR basis in the history of financial markets.

DO NOT underestimate the upside surprise in cryptocurrency valutations, not on a single trading day of your participation in these markets. Also don’t underestimate downside volatility. Expect the unexpected, and expect cryptocurrency to envelop an increasing fraction of the global financial ecosystem. We are not talking about something as big as the IPO of Google, or even the creation of commodity futures markets and option markets, we are talking about something as big as the invention of the printing press and then the turning in of Tally Sticks in exchange for stock certificates in the Bank of England at its founding in 1694.

I like this!  Smiley  Not just this post but the guy posting it of course.  Kiss It is nice that we "think alike" most of the time.  

I guess there is a saying, "Great minds think alike."  Perhaps that is true even in Bitcoin.

I have a feeling he might like you too Wink . The two of you should get on with it and start making BitBabies ...
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
It's been a good run. I bid you all farewell. Even the perma bulls.

.... so you think this is the end for BTC?

No. It's the end of this forum. For me.

Reasoning?

If you don't draw charts each ten minutes, you're not good for TAers. I've never seen more boring bunch of people than them.

MatTheCat, TERA, MABtc... I'd rather work in construction than make loads of money in something that would make my life such a giantic piece of kink. I've never seen either of these three even trying to make a joke, post a smiley, anything... they are like fucking North Korean soldiers.
legendary
Activity: 1148

The peak-to-trough total return of Bitcoin on Bitstamp is precisely: 1,163,000% - this is the biggest bull-market on a CAGR basis in the history of financial markets.

DO NOT underestimate the upside surprise in cryptocurrency valutations, not on a single trading day of your participation in these markets. Also don’t underestimate downside volatility. Expect the unexpected, and expect cryptocurrency to envelop an increasing fraction of the global financial ecosystem. We are not talking about something as big as the IPO of Google, or even the creation of commodity futures markets and option markets, we are talking about something as big as the invention of the printing press and then the turning in of Tally Sticks in exchange for stock certificates in the Bank of England at its founding in 1694.

I like this!  Smiley  Not just this post but the guy posting it of course.  Kiss It is nice that we "think alike" most of the time.  

I guess there is a saying, "Great minds think alike."  Perhaps that is true even in Bitcoin.
legendary

Reasoning?

Charts of tulips perhaps?  Wink

Rpietila can delete them if it helps! 
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
CurioInvest [IEO Live]

Reasoning?
legendary
Activity: 924

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

Activity: 841
Merit: 1000
A comparison with tulips, really? I thought we had dealt with this shit already. Still dumb people out there apparently.
Activity: 784
https://medium.com/p/ba5f3fcce103

Finding Equilibrium : Searching for the true value of a Bitcoin

Vinny Lingham, CEO of Gyft, discusses some of the current forces affecting the price of bitcoin. A very worthwhile read imho.

Yes, it was the best in the entire world.

Buy for $1 and sell for $100.

Nothing else came close.

I guess it worked better for Zuckerberg's friend (Severin) who gave Zuck 19K to buy servers.

He gave him the servers last January?

And made more than 100 times last December?
legendary
but remember this; there are 12 million millionaires in the world, and 1500 billionaires. there are only 21 million bitcoins, and I imagine most of those people dont have any.

This thought occur to me as well. What to do for millionaires?
Ignore bitcoin and try to eliminate it OR try to slowly accumulate some?
I hope for scenario #2.
The numbers I have seen indicate 29mil millionares with total capital of $89 trln (89X10^10).
1% of of 89 trln is 890bil.
So, 13-14 (2014-2015) mil bitcoins have to reach 890bil in order for millionares to allocate 1% of their capital to bitcoin.
As such, bitcoin HAS to reach $63-68K/BTC, otherwise not enough value to allocate even 1% of millionaire's capital.
If you count based on a full 21mil of bitcoins with later allocation, then minimal value is $42K/BTC.

yeah, I dont think they can just ignore it, though some may try.
they know all too well that their millions could be gone in a day. the rich must diversify.
I really see a panic buy situation in the not too distant future. some of those rich people are smart, the first few to buy in will double the value. thats a huge advantage to the rest.
Standard Bank in South Africa has flerted with the idea of bitcoin adoption - to serve customerslike an exchange(it is needed in SA). who owns most of that bank? Chinese!
the first banks to adopt will cause a huge wave. if you cant beat them, join them.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Mining isn't producing a unique work. It is providing a repetitive service that is scripted by the network. The litmus test is that the network is the manager, not the miner. The network sets the difficulty, the protocol, etc..

A network cannot manage anyone.  Management flows in the opposite direction.  Mining a block produces a novel work.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht

Here's the bottom line, you just buy for a dollar and sell for two.
That all there is to it, and will be.

Will bitcoin be the best and most efficient mean to accomlish that?

There just isn't enough manors for every bitcoin owner.
That's the core of the problem.

the idea is not to sell at all.

it may not be the most efficient way, but so was the USD. network effect of money etc..... you believed that when the price was rising right?

no, not enough manors for every bitcoin owner, (and that is not a problem at all) but remember this; there are 12 million millionaires in the world, and 1500 billionaires. there are only 21 million bitcoins, and I imagine most of those people dont have any.
Quote from: Lowryder

[/quote

Are familiar with market bubbles? Seeing any sign here?  Smiley

we are all very familiar with bubbles. we have seen around 5 of them so far.

How much would you pay a nice tulip bulb today? A dollar?

Ah, the devastating Tulip counter move. Why aren't you out enjoying your gains or minimised losses rather than wasting energy lingering here?
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
but remember this; there are 12 million millionaires in the world, and 1500 billionaires. there are only 21 million bitcoins, and I imagine most of those people dont have any.

This thought occur to me as well. What to do for millionaires?
Ignore bitcoin and try to eliminate it OR try to slowly accumulate some?
I hope for scenario #2.
The numbers I have seen indicate 29mil millionares with total capital of $89 trln (89X10^10).
1% of of 89 trln is 890bil.
So, 13-14 (2014-2015) mil bitcoins have to reach 890bil in order for millionares to allocate 1% of their capital to bitcoin.
As such, bitcoin HAS to reach $63-68K/BTC, otherwise not enough value to allocate even 1% of millionaire's capital.
If you count based on a full 21mil of bitcoins with later allocation, then minimal value is $42K/BTC.

bought a few more today Wink
trying to get a leg up on that rush
Activity: 30
Merit: 0

it may not be the most efficient way, but so was the USD. network effect of money etc..... you believed that when the price was rising right?

no, not enough manors for every bitcoin owner, (and that is not a problem at all) but remember this; there are 12 million millionaires in the world, and 1500 billionaires. there are only 21 million bitcoins, and I imagine most of those people dont have any.

[/quote

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-88RKIGqG6Ks/UehplB0WGCI/AAAAAAAAAE4/Xg60ALdohKA/s1600/t+m.jpg

How much would you pay a nice tulip bulb today? A dollar?

http://media.coindesk.com/2014/01/coindesk-bpi-chart.png
legendary

[/quote

legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

Nothing else came close.

I guess it worked better for Zuckerberg's friend (Severin) who gave Zuck 19K to buy servers.
He is hanging out in Singapore with a few billions right now without having done much later on for FB success.
Angel investment is the best!
$19K in time of Lazslo's pizza would be worth more than ALL bitcoins then in existence; it was and still is less than 19mil of them in existence vs number required to cover 19K in 2009.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0

I sold all. Game over.

BINGO!

I work like a doctor day and night, trying to prevent it, but still - sometimes the patient dies. It is sad. Sad

Last year?

Nothing else came close.

"Shut the fuck up Donny!" Cool

Can everyone do that? 7 billion people, maybe 2 have opportinity to the same.
How many times can you roll the dice?

Are familiar with market bubbles? Seeing any sign here?  Smiley

I sold all. Game over.

BINGO!

I work like a doctor day and night, trying to prevent it, but still - sometimes the patient dies. It is sad. Sad

Last year?

Nothing else came close.
legendary

I sold all. Game over.

BINGO!

Or you buy for a dollar and sell for $1000, or $10,000. 

Bitcoin could very well be the most efficient means in our lifetime to accomplish that.  I have never had an investment that has performed as well in so short of a time.

All of us involved with Bitcoin are early adopters.  If we all hold long enough we could all buy our own "manors."  Risto just bought a little sooner than us.  The price could still increase 1000X. 

But if you think it has already run it's course and will no longer see those kinds of gains, feel free to sell.  But I think there is a far greater chance of it taking off in the next year or two than not.  The choice is totally yours though.

Jump to: