Pages:
Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 38. (Read 907212 times)

Activity: 247
Merit: 250
Or people have made their sidebet on Monero when it still was cheap  Grin

hm? It's not cheap any more?

Now, yes.

When BTC hits $1Million, probably not.

I think it's been stated elsewhere that a good way of valuing XMR is as a percentage of BTC. Subsequent XMR rallies should take it to: .01, .1 and beyond. Maybe we can get an idea of what the endgame looks like by comparing amount of money in off-shore/tax haven accts vs taxed accounts?

XMR is not going anywhere with just one exchange, which even went full KYC.

A Decentralized Exchange 'InstantDex' is nearing completion. http://www.instantdex.org/
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
I have a Monero fund already established, and undergoing the initial capital building process (acquiring Moneros). Once we get enough to begin with (the company already has a capital in 6 figures), we can start accepting investors.

What advantage would an investor in your fund enjoy over buying and holding xmr himself?

Anyone reading this should buy himself. But there are people and corporations out there that may find the fund format easier to handle, accept, or get accepted in the decision making organs.

6 figures of XMR or some fiat currency? That would make the company one of the largest XMR holders already I believe! How large do you think the fund has a potential to grow?

XMR is so small that yes, it's very likely the fund is already in TOP-10 XMR holdings and will increase the rank as the conversion progresses, and especially if we get any significan new investors.

XMR has fixed supply so of course at some point we will hit the wall where the percentage of total grows only slowly, even though the fiat amounts grow fast. It is a nice situation to be in if the fund is already one of the largest holders  Wink
Activity: 414
Merit: 251
I have a Monero fund already established, and undergoing the initial capital building process (acquiring Moneros). Once we get enough to begin with (the company already has a capital in 6 figures), we can start accepting investors.

6 figures of XMR or some fiat currency? That would make the company one of the largest XMR holders already I believe! How large do you think the fund has a potential to grow?
Activity: 722
Merit: 500

What advantage would an investor in your fund enjoy over buying and holding xmr himself?

Do those advantages out weigh the loss of anonymity?
pa
Activity: 528
Merit: 501

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

6 figure what? BTC, USD, XMR?
Activity: 280
Merit: 100

wow, good luck with that. it sounds promising
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

If true, most have no idea what's going to happen.. holishit!

Any speculation as to what could happen to the price if/when this happens? 

I love to dream.  Wink

I am exactly the same. I don't know about the price but if it works out banks around the world will follow suit
legendary
Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

I love to dream.  Wink

I don't want to ruin your dreams but the actual quote from this BNP guy is "We are looking at blockchain technology and how it can be applied to post trade processes to make things faster and potentially cheaper but it's all very much projects and it's all in testing. It's nothing live." No idea, how someone can create this clickbaiting headline..

He says nothing about a currency fund or anything specific about bitcoin. He also just mentiones "post trade processes" - but no idea what he means with that.

Sorry, BitChick. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

I love to dream.  Wink
Activity: 442

France's biggest bank BNP Paribas is planning to add bitcoin to one of its currency funds, a move which will be announced in the next couple of weeks, according to a source at the bank.

If they actually do this...  Cool

depends how many they add. 1? 2?

I would say around 50 000 for start? It is not much, but I would speculate other banks will follow...

Also:
http://www.coindesk.com/digitalbtc-buys-10-1m-in-bitcoin-in-q2-2015/
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

France's biggest bank BNP Paribas is planning to add bitcoin to one of its currency funds, a move which will be announced in the next couple of weeks, according to a source at the bank.

If they actually do this...  Cool

institutional, means not less than 100,000.00 or something i guess

Even at $500 avg buying cost, 100.000 BTCs would cost them... 50 million USD. Which is nothing for institutional investors.
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

institutional, means not less than 100,000.00 or something i guess
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

Activity: 442

legendary
Activity: 924
legendary
Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061
I spotted potential cup & handle pattern on daily chart:

Here are some criteria and notes taken from http://www.investopedia.com/university/charts/charts3.asp

• This is a bullish continuation pattern where the upward trend has paused, and traded down, but will continue in an upward direction upon the completion of the pattern.
  • First, it's important that there is an upward trend before the formation of the cup and handle.<- check
  • The construct of the cup itself is also important: it should be a nicely rounded formation, similar to a semi-circle <- check?.
  • The reason is that a cup-and-handle pattern is a signal of consolidation within a trend, where the weaker investors leave the market and new buyers and resolute holders stay in the security <- fundamentally plausible
  • a traditional cup-and-handle pattern should be between one-third and two-thirds the size of the previous upward movement <- check
  • During this downward move, a descending trendline can be drawn, which forms the signal for the breakout. A move by the security above this descending trendline is a signal that the prior upward trend is set to begin <- let's see

How exactly is the red portion satisfied?

"previous upward movement" meaning?
previous upward movement = previous uptrend on molecular's chart; rise from ~ 165 to ~ 300, ie rise of $135
The cup caused a dip from ~ 300 to ~ 210, ie dip of $90
$90 is between 1/3 and 2/3 of $135

(Disclaimer: I am a not an expert at TA)

Yes I spotted that one too it looks a possibility. I'm slightly perturbed by that flash crash in btc-e though
Activity: 784
I spotted potential cup & handle pattern on daily chart:

Here are some criteria and notes taken from http://www.investopedia.com/university/charts/charts3.asp

• This is a bullish continuation pattern where the upward trend has paused, and traded down, but will continue in an upward direction upon the completion of the pattern.
  • First, it's important that there is an upward trend before the formation of the cup and handle.<- check
  • The construct of the cup itself is also important: it should be a nicely rounded formation, similar to a semi-circle <- check?.
  • The reason is that a cup-and-handle pattern is a signal of consolidation within a trend, where the weaker investors leave the market and new buyers and resolute holders stay in the security <- fundamentally plausible
  • a traditional cup-and-handle pattern should be between one-third and two-thirds the size of the previous upward movement <- check
  • During this downward move, a descending trendline can be drawn, which forms the signal for the breakout. A move by the security above this descending trendline is a signal that the prior upward trend is set to begin <- let's see

How exactly is the red portion satisfied?

"previous upward movement" meaning?
previous upward movement = previous uptrend on molecular's chart; rise from ~ 165 to ~ 300, ie rise of $135
The cup caused a dip from ~ 300 to ~ 210, ie dip of $90
$90 is between 1/3 and 2/3 of $135

(Disclaimer: I am a not an expert at TA)
Pages:
Jump to: