Pages:
Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 83. (Read 907212 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 504
Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks
Pelase, remember, this is THE QUALITY TECHNICAL ANALYSIS thread.

Thank you.

1. Still coming off a bubble.
2. There are 650,000 BTC ($221,000,000 USD @ $340) stolen MTGOX coins being sold off not so slowly
3. The mining community is done.  They cant compete with the big guys.  Centralization
4. 3600 bitcoins are created each day.  @ $340 USD that is $1,224,000 that needs to come in to the market each day just to stay @ $340.

Analysis this

1. High volume bottom has been established. Up 30 odd % since.
2. This is speculation.
3. Mining as an industry is thriving. Competition amongst industrial miners still exist and will ensure decentralization.
4. You have no idea how many of these are sold on the market. Recent reports suggest larger scale miners are either holding them or selling them OFF-market.

Try and come up with better FUD next time

How old are you? "FUD"??

Character attacks are not going to dig you out of your hole
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116

Thank you.

2. There are 650,000 BTC ($221,000,000 USD @ $340) stolen MTGOX coins being sold off not so slowly
3. The mining community is done.  They cant compete with the big guys.  Centralization
4. 3600 bitcoins are created each day.  @ $340 USD that is $1,224,000 that needs to come in to the market each day just to stay @ $340.

Analysis this
I know from first hand big players that are buying directly from miners like crazy. I am talking about billion budget entities..

I suspected this was happening...

Thank you.

Analysis this

1. High volume bottom has been established. Up 30 odd % since.
2. This is speculation.
3. Mining as an industry is thriving. Competition amongst industrial miners still exist and will ensure decentralization.
4. You have no idea how many of these are sold on the market. Recent reports suggest larger scale miners are either holding them or selling them OFF-market.

Try and come up with better FUD next time
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

Thank you.

Analysis this
I know from first hand big players that are buying directly from miners like crazy. I am talking about billion budget entities..
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

True. Although I think there are ways to provably burn bitcoins so everyone can be confident they will never be retrieved. This conversation has me wondering what Satoshi is going to do with his stash, and what I would do if I were in his shoes. Something that would benefit bitcoin. Letting them sit forever unused would cause uncertainty in the market for reasons described. So, either burn them or use them for something. But what, and when?

I agree completely, Satoshi needs to do something with those coins, it would be the single biggest boost to Bitcoin. Here is what i recommmend:

1. Make Goxed account holders whole and any other bitcoin disaster where addresses and accounts are known (yes I was Goxed Smiley
2. Announce the ultimate give away. Using a well thought out strategy, pay out all remaining Bitcoins to current holders, excluding largest 10% of addresses.

Price would sky rocket!

DieJohnny:  I believe that you have good intentions with these suggestions; however, both of them seem to be quite pie in the sky and far-fetched. 

1st:  Good idea, yet determinations of damages and people screwed over in various bitcoin scams would be quite the endeavor - and would likely need to appoint some kind of administrator to sort out any determinations regarding who receives bitcoins and how much each of the screwed ones should receive.  A big ass job in order to do it properly.

2nd:  Here you are suggesting distribution to people who have already invested in BTC, and there seems to be at least a couple of problems with this.  On the technical end, difficult to determine how many coins people hold because some of the coins are held on the blockchain and other coins are held in various centralized systems (exchanges and other sites).  On the practical end, seems kind of arbitrary to exclude the top 10% of holders, and on the fairness end, NOT sure if only bitcoin holders should deserve some kind of bitcoin distribution?  There may be people and/or institutions (that do NOT already hold bitcoins) that are more deserving to receive some kind of BTC distribution.
legendary

Thank you.

Analysis this
Activity: 263
Merit: 280

Thank you.
I agree completely, Satoshi needs to do something with those coins, it would be the single biggest boost to Bitcoin. Here is what i recommmend:

1. Make Goxed account holders whole and any other bitcoin disaster where addresses and accounts are known (yes I was Goxed Smiley
2. Announce the ultimate give away. Using a well thought out strategy, pay out all remaining Bitcoins to current holders, excluding largest 10% of addresses.

Price would sky rocket!

Price would drop- millions of coins will be put on the market.

Basically what will happen when Ross's next stash gets auctioned off

Roll Eyes

yeah cause that's what happened the last time the 30k got auctioned off right

There will be slightly more this time around

And there will be more buyers as well. These coins are not going to hit the market.
legendary

Price would sky rocket!

Roll Eyes

yeah cause that's what happened the last time the 30k got auctioned off right

There will be slightly more this time around

Price would sky rocket!

Roll Eyes

yeah cause that's what happened the last time when the 30k got auctioned off right
legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

Price would sky rocket!

legendary
Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

True. Although I think there are ways to provably burn bitcoins so everyone can be confident they will never be retrieved. This conversation has me wondering what Satoshi is going to do with his stash, and what I would do if I were in his shoes. Something that would benefit bitcoin. Letting them sit forever unused would cause uncertainty in the market for reasons described. So, either burn them or use them for something. But what, and when?

Price would sky rocket!
Activity: 784
whales to be eternally selling, so that they can somehow "own it all".

If you could do it, wouldn't you?  Cheesy

I wouldn't.  If I owned all the coin, how much would it be worth? :p

Agreed. Seems a bit short sighted, like shooting yourself in the face a little

If you owned and hoarded all but a small fraction of all coins in existence, then that small fraction would run the network just fine, just with a higher value per bitcoin than if your hoarded coins were released into the wild.

If you owned and hoarded all but a small fraction it would be easier to pump. I see that part

If you lost the private keys to your hoard so that they were unrecoverable for all practical purposes, the network would function just fine without them, even if your hoard consisted of 99.9% of all bitcoins.

...but then there would be no buyers, because the fools always believe a 99% 'premine' (scam loss) is 'overhanging' the market. No distribution, no market.

You could never prove to any prospective buyer that you had 'really' lost the keys.

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

If you owned and hoarded all but a small fraction of all coins in existence, then that small fraction would run the network just fine, just with a higher value per bitcoin than if your hoarded coins were released into the wild.

If you owned and hoarded all but a small fraction it would be easier to pump. I see that part

If you lost the private keys to your hoard so that they were unrecoverable for all practical purposes, the network would function just fine without them, even if your hoard consisted of 99.9% of all bitcoins.

...but then there would be no buyers, because the fools always believe a 99% 'premine' (scam loss) is 'overhanging' the market. No distribution, no market.

You could never prove to any prospective buyer that you had 'really' lost the keys.

legendary

If you could do it, wouldn't you?  Cheesy

I wouldn't.  If I owned all the coin, how much would it be worth? :p

legendary

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

Pages:
Jump to: