Pages:
Author

Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;) - page 81. (Read 907212 times)

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 4078
Coinbase co-founders AMA...quite interesting
1. their take on price in 12 mo: $1500-4000
2. fees will go down from 1%...I think to ~0.5%, which would make roundtrip ~1%, which is much more enticing for trading.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3OWzZSr8Nc
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
So wait you guys are trying to prove bitcoin is being manipulated as much as gold??? I don't think that's a selling point at all gold will probably near $1,000 soon, so btc to 100?  Cry

Personally i think bitcoin price action has gotten boring so it's trading like gold for the past few months is all.

Very true... I expect this to continue for a while!

So wait you guys are trying to prove bitcoin is being manipulated as much as gold??? I don't think that's a selling point at all gold will probably near $1,000 soon, so btc to 100?  Cry

Personally i think bitcoin price action has gotten boring so it's trading like gold for the past few months is all.

Gold will not hit $1000 any time soon

LMFAO! It will before it passes 1,300 again that's for sure

Gold is currently at 1,399...

Lmfao!! Thank you explorer, this is why you can't even have a decent conversation on this forum... people don't even bother to check the price on something before they claim they know the value or price on it! Im sure when he realizes how fast gold dropped from t he 1,399 he thought it was to the 1,230 it actually is he would be able to tell its going to 1,000 soon  Shocked

I'm sorry, I was working in CAD. I forgot what country you think everybody lives in Tongue

It's the money the entire world works in... USD! Get used to it lol even bitcoin needs it around right now. Try buying anything something in CAD somewhere besides Canada  Roll Eyes
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
When people realize that much of their gold portfolio is tungsten, fractional reserve, or stolen, then they will see that Bitcoin is 100% verifiably genuine.

Learn to love us or die.

~Your Beneficent Reptilian Overlords.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1005
When people realize that much of their gold portfolio is tungsten
You appear critical of alt-metals Smiley
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
When people realize that much of their gold portfolio is tungsten, fractional reserve, or stolen, then they will see that Bitcoin is 100% verifiably genuine.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259
Im sure when he realizes how fast gold dropped from t he 1,399 he thought it was to the 1,230 it actually is he would be able to tell its going to 1,000 soon  Shocked
It could very well go to 1000, or lower, If they can keep the lid on the pot.  The trouble is, when (not if, IMO) the lid blows, it is going to boil over in a huge way before discovering its new, higher level.  Just like bitcoin  Cool

So wait you guys are trying to prove bitcoin is being manipulated as much as gold??? I don't think that's a selling point at all gold will probably near $1,000 soon, so btc to 100?  Cry

So wait you guys are trying to prove bitcoin is being manipulated as much as gold??? I don't think that's a selling point at all gold will probably near $1,000 soon, so btc to 100?  Cry

Lmfao!! Thank you explorer, this is why you can't even have a decent conversation on this forum... people don't even bother to check the price on something before they claim they know the value or price on it! Im sure when he realizes how fast gold dropped from t he 1,399 he thought it was to the 1,230 it actually is he would be able to tell its going to 1,000 soon  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

Uhhhh...  Seashells?   

its 1238 or so if you measure in USD.

Activity: 503
Merit: 501

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
To keep the list short name those things of value that are not "manipulated".
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
Here is recent evidence of the tendency for gold and bitcoin prices to move in the same direction, and have similar trend reversals.

This is a chart of gold prices at a one-day resolution...

https://i.imgur.com/2Hj8P4N.png[/img]

And here is a chart of bitcoin prices, likewise with one-day resolution...
https://i.imgur.com/IHGFHLD.png[/img]

Here is a link to a daily GLD (etf) and BTC, the correlation has been good from daily perspective since July: https://www.tradingview.com/e/A9moXR92/
This implies to me that the mindset of speculative buyers is weighted towards Bitcoin as an asset these past few months.

Not to nitpick, but while the resolution on both charts is daily candles...  the top chart covers ~66 days, while the bottom ~90.  This is what it looks like when the time scale is adjusted, with most liberal curve-fitting:

http://s22.postimg.org/5vsh8j1oh/chart11.png[/img]
*Blue candles: BTC price, red: gold.

/nerdage

Thanks NOT NotPork.    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
Here is recent evidence of the tendency for gold and bitcoin prices to move in the same direction, and have similar trend reversals.

Here is a link to a daily GLD (etf) and BTC, the correlation has been good from daily perspective since July: https://www.tradingview.com/e/A9moXR92/
This implies to me that the mindset of speculative buyers is weighted towards Bitcoin as an asset these past few months.

Not to nitpick, but while the resolution on both charts is daily candles...  the top chart covers ~66 days, while the bottom ~90.  This is what it looks like when the time scale is adjusted, with most liberal curve-fitting:

*Blue candles: BTC price, red: gold.

/nerdage

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 10832
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

https://i.imgur.com/2Hj8P4N.png[/img]

https://i.imgur.com/IHGFHLD.png[/img]

Maybe I am a bit too bullish about the potentials of BTC, but merely because BTC has tracked fairly consistently with Gold for a short period of time, should NOT in any way be considered as BTC's potential..

In other words, it seems that BTC has way more exponential potential than Gold .. for a variety of reasons - just the mere fact that BTC is a new asset class, as compared with Gold, should demonstrate that it has much more space for growth as compared with the various limitations of Gold and some of the problems with historical Gold manipulation and hoarding by the status quo wealthy and by governments.

Activity: 503
Merit: 501

legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
A D V E R T I S E M E N T  -  O P P O R T U N I T Y

The early adopter phase of my virtual world - Crypto Kingdom is starting NOW.

If you are interested in the game, want to fund its development, and enjoy a bit of speculation, now it is possible to buy ingame gold. Minimum at this point is for 100 XMR (about BTC2.5) but it will be listed soon and then smaller lots become possible.

I think you mean BTC0.25 Embarrassed

Just wanted to see if anyone reads my posts   Cheesy

I saw it but didn't fix it because I was in a hurry. See 2 people read your posts Tongue
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

If you are interested in the game, want to fund its development, and enjoy a bit of speculation, now it is possible to buy ingame gold. Minimum at this point is for 100 XMR (about BTC2.5) but it will be listed soon and then smaller lots become possible.

Just wanted to see if anyone reads my posts   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
A D V E R T I S E M E N T  -  O P P O R T U N I T Y

If you are interested in the game, want to fund its development, and enjoy a bit of speculation, now it is possible to buy ingame gold. Minimum at this point is for 100 XMR (about BTC0.25) but it will be listed soon and then smaller lots become possible.
Pages:
Jump to: