Pages:
Author

Topic: [Rugby] Union / League / Super / Sixes Sevens Pro14 / Cups & Tours / Olympics - page 10. (Read 12669 times)

legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1249
Yea, its a possibility that there may be a requirement to introduce different clothing and
head/neck protection but as you say even the American Football game suffers from concussions
and head injuries.

I wonder if we would see the game turning into "Profesional Tag Rugby" or in other words,
a non-contact sport, although I'm not sure how the hell that would work.

Whatever happens there will be odds available on all games regardless of rule changes.
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
Eventually, players will look like their American grid iron counterparts with helmets and shoulder pads. The only problem with that is that participants in that version of football are likewise seeking compensation, so unless the games are banded outright, the game will look like the round ball version where players roll on the grass and scream blue murder, clutch their broken arm only to have the ref shake their head and magically, their arm is broken no more.
legendary
Rugby union players’ legal action over head injuries to be heard in high court

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/nov/19/rugby-union-players-legal-action-over-head-injuries-to-be-heard-in-high-court

Heard this on the radio earlier this evening and wondered what this will eventually mean
for the game? There are over 200 players Men and Women from both Union and League
disciplines who are taking this legal action against the governing bodies for not protecting
players.

Richard Boardman, the lawyer leading the case, said: “We believe there has been a systematic
failure by the rugby governing bodies to protect players not just from concussions but also subconcussions.
This is still a real and serious threat to the sport and unless immediate and substantial changes are introduced,
current and future generations will end up with the same chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) and other
neurological impairments.”

Will we see more and more cases taken from around the world in the future?
Will there be more rule changes to follow this case to try and prevent head injuries?
Will there be so many changes that the game will be unrecognisable in the future?
legendary
I lost on Connacht and Munster (both with odds over 5:1) but did win on Glasgow vs Ulster.

I'm thinking of betting on Newcastle over Exeter then Osprey over the Scarlets.

I actually got to watch the second half of Leinster v Munster and couldnt believe
it was so close at half time and pretty much all the way up to about 70 minutes.

Munster had a few chances to score in the second half but Leinster defense was up
to the task. TBH I cant see Leinster losing too many matches even with talisman
 Johnny Sexton retired.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I lost on Connacht and Munster (both with odds over 5:1) but did win on Glasgow vs Ulster.

I'm thinking of betting on Newcastle over Exeter then Osprey over the Scarlets.
legendary
Round 6 of the URC this weekend and I am only catching up on whats happening now.

I see that Benetton had a massive win against the home side Edinburgh yesterday, not
massive in score but massive as a travelling team to scotland and winning by 2 points.

Connachts second match in South Africa against the Bulls didnt end well, 53-27. I didnt have
any bets on this round so no losses.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
IIRC, Hong Kong were sort of big in the 1980'/1990's

Mexico would be a nice addition to see how other teams play.
legendary
This from the World Rugby page >
https://www.world.rugby/tournaments/olympics/paris-2024

To complete the twelve-team field, the remaining men’s and women’s spot will be offered
to the winner of the World Rugby Final Olympic Repechage Tournament to be held at the
conclusion of the World Rugby Sevens Series 2024.

I believe thats a one off event or mini competition to determine the 12th spot. I wasnt
aware of this event and on looking at the line up for the Tokyo 2020 2021 Repechage
here are the teams back then who had a chance to qualify

Band 1: France, Samoa
Band 2: Hong Kong, Ireland
Band 3: Chile, Tonga
Band 4: Uganda, Zimbabwe
Band 5: Jamaica, Mexico
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Argentina did quite well in the recent World Cup and I think their star is still on the rise.

It'll be interesting to see if the RWC success (by all teams) is replicated in the impending Sevens Series in Dubai.
Activity: 214
Merit: 130
Only left one 7 seven team for the olimpics.

I hope we (Argentina) can take the gold medal.
legendary
Ah if you bet on the Zebre v Cardiff match I dont think you will get your stake back because
of a draw, I cant remember if that has happened to me before?

If you bet on Connacht to win you did very well, the odds would have been high enough,
over 3.0 anyway. They really bucked the trend by winning at the weekend because they
have never won a match in South Africa so most people were betting on the home side!

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I *think* I went with Cardiff's and Edinburgh (and Connacht too) I don't usually bet in a match having a tie, so I probably got a refund on that one.

In the "other" football I've started putting win and draw bets down with mixed results.
legendary
I wouldnt have thought of putting bets on so early before a season started.

The Six Nations scheduled for February has already listed the schedule of matches,
I didnt loom at them all yet but Ireland will be playing France inthe first match!!!

This weeks round of URC games are over, the Zebre v Cardiff match turned out to be a
rarity . . . a draw 22 - 22

The Edinburgh v Bulls match went as I thought and Edinburgh won 31 - 23

The multi payed out with all 3 home teams Ulster, Muster and Glasgow winning their matches.

I have to mention Connacht, they were away to the Sharks in South Africa, they have never
won in SA and were 3.60 to win . . . which they did by 1 point, they are up to 4th on the table
now. [I didnt back them to win]
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I'll have to check which I put money on later (by rights I should be using my mobile while I'm on the road) I used the last of my funds in the TAB account to place where on round one of the NRL 2024 season which kicks off on the 2nd of March 2024...

Because...

Within three hours of the NRL announcing the roster of matches for 2024, the TAB.com.au we site had posted round one match ups with money having already been put down by the time I spotted it, so I put my standard weekly bets in. (Seven out of eight picks are the favoured teams while theres what I thought would be an obvious pick which other punters didn't think so.

I'll talk about them again in four weeks time.

After that, I went over to my nitrobetting.eu crypto account and put some bets down on a couple of rugby games (these two you mentioned didn't ring any bells).

Usually, motels have various extra channels, so I'm hoping to catch some games live. 🥴
legendary
R5 of the URC kicks off this evening my time, I'm trying to look gor some value bets like
Timelord last weekend.

Zebre v Cardiff - both teams are even enough at this stage. The odds have Cardiff
as favourites 2.30 v 1.68, close enough to maybe put a small bet on Zebre?

Edinburgh c Bulls - similar odds as above 1.67 - 2.31, this is a tough call but I would
probably go with Edinburgh eventhough they wouldnt have won last weeks match if Connacht
hadnt made that simple error

I might do a multi bet on:

Ulster at home to beat the Lions @1.13
Munster at home to beat the Stormers @1.21
Glasgow Warriors at home to beat Benetton @1.18

Total odds 1.61
legendary
Yes, I've always heard good things about Connacht so I thought I'd go with them.  I'll have to be more mindful of Edinburgh as the weeks go on.

...  Ah well, Maybe next week.

Yea they are getting better and better, they have 2 players on the 1st national team, sometimes 3.
They won the Pro14 which was the competition before the URC in 2016, one of only
a handful of teams to win it. It was dominated primarily by Leinster and Munster of Ireland with the
Ospreys and Scarlets regular winners and Glasgow Wariors winning it once also.

Last nights match they made too many errors and gave away too many penalties.

Todays match between Dragons and Leinster went as expected and as per your bet

Dragons 10 - 33 Leinster
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Yes, I've always heard good things about Connacht so I thought I'd go with them.  I'll have to be more mindful of Edinburgh as the weeks go on.

...  Ah well, Maybe next week.
legendary
Ah I wouldnt have gone with the Ospreys, Glasgow Warriors are a stronger team and
they won 23-31.

I watched the Edinburgh v Connacht match last night, Edinburgh were very strong in
the first half but Connacht were able to defend well, second half as usual Connacht
can back into it and with over 1 minute to go it was 22-22.

JJ Hanrahan kicked the ball out thinking the clock was in the red but he was over a
minute too early which gave Edinburgh time for the line out on the 10 metre line
and the resulting drop goal to win 25-22.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I think I'll go with the Ospreys, Scarlets, Connacht and Leinster

Ospreys - Glasgow Warriors 12 Nov 2023 03:15 Money Line Ospreys @ 2.11 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTCPossible Win: 0.055 mBTC
Scarlets - Lions 12 Nov 2023 03:15 Money Line Scarlets @ 1.48 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Win: 0.024 mBTC
Edinburgh - Connacht Rugby 12 Nov 2023 05:35 Money Line Connacht Rugby @ 3.24 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Win: 0.112 mBTC
Dragons - Leinster 12 Nov 2023 23:15 Money Line Leinster @ 1.04 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Win: 0.002 mBTC

No parlay though...
legendary
They were some odds!

Round 4 of the URC kick off tomorrow. The second match will be a hum dinger, Ulster v Munster,
two Irish teams again. Ulster will be out for a win after narrowly missing out to Connacht last
weekend. I think it will be close again and I cant get Rollbit loaded to check the odds.

On Connacht, they play away to Edinburgh, it will be a tough one and hopefully they can retain
their no 1 spot.

More tournaments this weekend::::
Gallagher Premiership - R5
Top 14 Rugby - R6
Pages:
Jump to: