Pages:
Author

Topic: [Rugby] Union / League / Super / Sixes Sevens Pro14 / Cups & Tours / Olympics - page 9. (Read 12669 times)

legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1249
Australia certainly have had mixed fortunes with the Women's soccer team reaching fourth place at the recent World Cup and the Women's Rugby team winning again.

The Australian men's team on the other hand both internationally and in the Pacifica comp have struggled to win their away games. There needs to be something of a "back to basics" change of mentally.

In the 7's I think Australia could be in a few finals but what I am gathering from this competition
is that almost everyone is capable of beating each other.

The top team New Zealand got beaten in the QF #2 by Ireland who got beaten in last
rounds QF#2 by Fiji who didnt even make it to the knockouts this week.

Similarly South Africa in QF #3 got hammered by Australia 28 - 0 but last week beat
Australia in QF #1 28 - 7 and went on to win the trophy.

Thats just the knockout phase example in the mens side. Then in the pool stages its
really hard to predict a match winner.

The only consistent team over the two rounds is Argentina IMO.

I have to see if my synopsis on the mens game correlates to the womens side.
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
Australia certainly have had mixed fortunes with the Women's soccer team reaching fourth place at the recent World Cup and the Women's Rugby team winning again.

The Australian men's team on the other hand both internationally and in the Pacifica comp have struggled to win their away games. There needs to be something of a "back to basics" change of mentally.
legendary
Rugby 7's Round 2 - Cape Town

Mens

Argentina take the title beating Australia 45 -12

South Africa and New Zealand only made the QF's.

Some of my predictions didnt happen eventhough they were favourites. In the first
match Samoa lost to Australia and surprisingly the second match was a bit of
a shocker, Canada whipped NZ 7 - 19.

I didn't get to follow up on the rest of the pool matches but suffice to say it was somewhat
different to lat week...with the exception of Argentina who got to the final again.

Womens

All the first games in the pool predictions went according to plan except that Canada
beat USA which was a dodgy one to bet on.

It was an Australia France final with Australia winning, Thats 2 in a row for Australia!

legendary
The Capetown sevens have just been loaded, so I'm going with New Zealand, Samoa, Argentina, Fiji, Ireland and South Africa in the men's tournament.

In the Women's match ups, I'll go with the favourites, Ireland, New Zealand, Fiji, Canada and France (betting on the Australia Vs Spain match is suspended (unless if course you want to bet on Spain at $101.00)

Yea just looking at the odds on ROLLBIT for the line up's for the first matches now,
ATM its just the first round of matches I can see odds on.

Mens

Samoa v Australia - Samoa are favourite @ 1.81 against 2.24 for Australia, thats very close odds really,
They only won 1 game each in the pool stages, hard to bet on these two.

New Zealand v Canada - yea well we know what way that is going

Argentina v Spain - same as above - Argentina @ 1.04

Fiji v France - Same as above - Fiji @ 1.25

Ireland v USA - Ireland were good last weekend winning 2 games and making it into the knockouts, favourites
tomorrow @ 1.42 - not bad odds.

South Africa v Great Britain - SA favourites @ 1.04

Womens

Ireland v Brazil - Ireland favourites @ 1.10 - should be winning that

New Zealand v Great Britain - has to be NZ @ 1.02

Australia v Spain - Spain are 28.0! [not going to happen]

Fiji v Japan - Like the mens side the monens side are very strong anf favourites @ 1.1

Canada v USA - the odds suggest this will be close, its 1.83 v 2.18 - wont be betting on that

France v South Africa - France @ 1.09 - SA didnt win any of the pool matches last week, Strange
how the mens side are so competitive and the Womens not [so far]

Activity: 372
Merit: 39
Ditty! £ $ ₹ € ¥ ¢ ≠ ÷ ™
The Capetown sevens have just been loaded, so I'm going with New Zealand, Samoa, Argentina, Fiji, Ireland and South Africa in the men's tournament.

In the Women's match ups, I'll go with the favourites, Ireland, New Zealand, Fiji, Canada and France (betting on the Australia Vs Spain match is suspended (unless if course you want to bet on Spain at $101.00)
legendary
The only bet I've been able to place is on Edinburgh ($4.50) Vs Clermont. Not sure if the other games haven't been loaded. I'll check tonight when I get home.

In the sixes, I've gone France, England and Wales.

For the Six Nations next year I will agree with 1 out of the 3, I'll probably go with Ireland over France,
and Scotland over Wales so 3 away wins, Ireland, England and Scotland.

Ireland will be a different team without Johnny Sexton and France could very well be a full strength outfit.

Based on where Wales were at last year winning only 1 match and that Scotland finished in 3rd spot I
think the 2024 season could be a reoccurance of sorts. in the URC the two scottish teams are in the
top half of the table while the 3 Welsh are in the bottom half with 7 rounds played.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
The only bet I've been able to place is on Edinburgh ($4.50) Vs Clermont. Not sure if the other games haven't been loaded. I'll check tonight when I get home.

In the sixes, I've gone France, England and Wales.
legendary
Argentina lost overnight and I'm waiting to hear how Toulouse went.

Overall, not a bad weekend. Any thoughts on next weekend's games?

Another time losing in the final, but well we still overall being one of the most powerfulls teams in sevens.

Ah I think Argentina will be in the mix for either Gold, Silver or Bronze in some if not all of the
7's series.

Last year they were placed overall in 2nd spot, just 21 points behind New Zealand with 3 Golds
and 3 Silvers. In the 2021 series they finished 4th! so it looks like they are improving.

European Rugby Champions Cup

Connacht are at home playing Bordeaux Begles. Connacht are favourites @ 1.52 and are probably
worth it at that. They have had some "unlucky" losses in the URC and will be itching to put things
right in this European Cup round.

Glasgow Warriors are at home playing Northampton Saints and are favourite @ 1.33 again they
should win this.

Toulon at home to Exeter Chiefs and are big favourites @ 1.17. They are 2nd in the Top14 ATM
and the Chiefs are mid table in the Gallagher premiership so yea they should win this at home.

Bath at home to visiting Ulster. Bath are favourites @ 1.37 but I think Ulster could come up with
an upset, they are 3.30.

Activity: 214
Merit: 130

Another time losing in the final, but well we still overall being one of the most powerfulls teams in sevens.
legendary
EPRC Round 1 this weekend.

12 matches being played, off hand Racing 92 should be winning their matches regardless
of who they play and they are playing Harlequins on Sunday and favourites @ 1.27

A tough first round draw for La Rochelle and Leinster, this is a replay of last seasons final
which La Rochelle won, I think they will win again on Sunday @ 2.03, Leinster being
the favourites @ 1.87.

I'll have a look at the rest of the fixtures in more detail and post my thoughts later.
legendary

Was that in the Rugby 7's final against South Africa?

That tournament just started at the weekend,
Gold - South Africa
Silver - Argentina
Bronze - New Zealand

Ireland managed a decent performance and picked up a 5th place.

The womens sides were also playing,
Gold - Australia
Silver - New Zealand
Bronze - France

Ireland mid table in 6th.

Next week end round 2 is in Cape Town, South Africa.

The URC takes a break now for 2 weeks to make way for the European Rugby Championship,
I havent seen the line ups yet, but soon

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓

legendary
Connacht v Leinster..... just over 1 minute to go on Connachts lineout and they are
penalised because the throw in wasnt straight....then they are defending and leinster touched
down in the 81st minute 🥴. Connacht had the game won before that. Final score 22-24.

Likewise for Benetton, they beat Ospreys with a very late try on the 76th minute to break the
possible draw... Final score 18-13.

I'm impressed with Benetton so far after 7 rounds. They are 6th with 5 wins and a draw.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I didn't include short priced bets such as Argentina, South Africa and Fiji, but they just about all came in including Edinburgh 🥳
legendary
Tomorrow, in no particular order, I'm going with Racing Metro 92 ($3.60) Bordeaux ($1.52) Toulon ($1.2) Connaught ($2.3) Ospreys ($5.50) Edinburgh ($4.50) Sarecens ($1.17)

Then, over in the sevens, Wales, England and France. (A few of the other likely to win are suspended).

Wow Timelord, good call on the Edinburgh to beat Ulster bet, they just about did it
with 3 points 24 -27. I didnt think they would do it after their loss last week and
Ulsters form. Great price @ 4.50

Connacht v Leinster up next - I really hope our bets on the home team are in the Green!

I have Benetton to win at home in the last match of this round, they are in fine form
after beating Edinburgh last week.

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Tomorrow, in no particular order, I'm going with Racing Metro 92 ($3.60) Bordeaux ($1.52) Toulon ($1.2) Connaught ($2.3) Ospreys ($5.50) Edinburgh ($4.50) Sarecens ($1.17)

Then, over in the sevens, Wales, England and France. (A few of the other likely to win are suspended).
legendary
Well it was a Munster win tonight and they go into 3rd spot now. Final score 40 - 29.

Tomorrow Leinster travel to play the home side Connacht, Connacht are underdogs for this
one but the odds are not as big as I thought, 2.48 - 1.61, there is definitely a chance of an
upset here.

On tackling in Rugby Union, if there is head contact at all the tackler is penalised
particularly if there is no attempt to wrap the arms in the tackle and/or the tackler
is "upright".

They are trying to reduce the circumstances for concussions to occur.

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Might go Munster and Leinster - will advise tomorrow.

On TV and radio today, commentators are dissecting the tackle rule with the hight being lowered on the torso. It might take a while for players to get used to the revised tackle point.

From what I was hearing, this has been implemented by Rugby (union) international, but not league (at least not yet).
legendary
I'm just trying to figure out how those matches are refereed?  

Round 7 of the URC starting today.
Munster v Glasgow Warriors - Munster are big favourites @ 1.19, Glasgow are 5.2.
This is a tricky one, Glasgow have only 1 loss so far and are sitting in top spot.
Thomond Parc is a tough place to play in as a visitor, maybe Munster will be good
enough to win this one, they rand Leinster close last week.

All other draws will take place tomorrow, none on Sunday.

I want to go with home favourites but there is no value apart from Benetton v Ospreys -
Benetton are actually in good form so far and are favourites @ 1.33.

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
There's a version of touch leage where players have a detachable ribbon front and back (probably Velcro) if it's torn off then you've been tackled.
Pages:
Jump to: