Pages:
Author

Topic: [Rugby] Union / League / Super / Sixes Sevens Pro14 / Cups & Tours / Olympics - page 8. (Read 12669 times)

legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1249
2 out if 3 isnt that bad!

Cardiff v Dragons - Odds are 1.24 for Cardiff and 4.2 for the dragons who are currently
occupying last place in 16th.

And it was a very convincing win too 55 - 21 and the Dragons remain at the bottom.

Scarlets v Ospreys - This will be a close call 1.82 for the home side and 2.07 for the visitors
who might very well win, great chance to double the stake.

Scarletts 11 - 25 Ospreys, strange game, all the scores were in the first half, it was 0 - 0
at half time.

Final match should be a crowd pleaser Minster v Leinster - I think I'll go with the home side
and underdogs who are 2.90 for this, Leinster although in 2nd spot on the table can be beaten.

Munster couldnt overcome their home rivals, it ended 3 - 9! a game of 4 penalty scores,
another strange game, I was hoping to watch that match but I'm glad I didnt get the time.

legendary
We refer to that day as Boxing Day. E.g. in cricket, Australia usually has a "Boxing Day test" with which ever team is visiting over here at this time of year. (I'm usually sleeping off the Christmas cheer from today's festivities) 😁🎄☃️

Its St.Stephen's day here! Boxing Day I think is only celebrated in the most of the commonwealth.

You are 12 hours ahead, its only Christmas Day here now and there will be a good bit
of sport up and running tomorrow here. Horse Racing, Football and Rugby.

3 matches tomorrow to finish off Round 8 in the URC

Cardiff v Dragons - Odds are 1.24 for Cardiff and 4.2 for the dragons who are currently
occupying last place in 16th.

Scarlets v Ospreys - This will be a close call 1.82 for the home side and 2.07 for the visitors
who might very well win, great chance to double the stake.

Final match should be a crowd pleaser Minster v Leinster - I think I'll go with the home side
and underdogs who are 2.90 for this, Leinster although in 2nd spot on the table can be beaten.
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
We refer to that day as Boxing Day. E.g. in cricket, Australia usually has a "Boxing Day test" with which ever team is visiting over here at this time of year. (I'm usually sleeping off the Christmas cheer from today's festivities) 😁🎄☃️
legendary
The three bets were between $1.6 and $1.8 so I covered the three bets with two wins.

Happy days Timelord, as long as we are in the green its all good!

Two results from yesterdays United Rugby Championship went the way of the favourites.

Zebre Parma 24 - 31 Benetton
DHL Stormers 26 - 20 Vodacom Bulls

The balance of the Round 8 matches will be played the day after Christmas Day.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
The three bets were between $1.6 and $1.8 so I covered the three bets with two wins.
legendary
👍

I havent been following the Gallagher Premiership Rugby over in the UK, just checking
in there and its very close between Gloucester and Northampton 24 each!

With 59 minutes Exeter are way ahead of Leicester so thats ok for you Timelord.

and Bath are ahead of Harlequins...that could end up being close, they are 2 and 3
currently on the table. The odds are closed on this match ATM.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
In tonight's games I've got a dollar on Exeter, Gloucester and Bath - slim pickings, but it is a long long week-end.  (Stay safe on the roads and don't drink and drive - crash at a friends place, not in your car)

Thanks to aoluain for keeping the home fires burning while I've been on vacation - I'll be back to work (and the forum proper) just after the new year.
legendary
Glasgow Warriors 22 - 10 Edinburgh - as expected

Ulster 20 - 19 Connacht - Just about but as expected, better performance from Connacht.

There are only 2 matches today in the URC, the balance of the matches will be played
on the 26th.

The Italian Derby
Zebre Parma v Benetton - Benetton being favourites are 1.24. IMO thats actually a good price
because I really cant see them losing.

South Africa
Stormers v Bulls - this should be close according to the odds 1.90 v 2.01, I'm going
again with the favourites.

legendary
URC

We are back in action tomorrow with Round 9, all the matches are derby's obviously
to save on the travelling just before christmas.

First up
Glasgow warriors v Edinburgh - Glasgow are favourites @ 1.45, gotta go with them.

Followed by
Ulster v Connacht - Ulster are favourites @ 1.24, gotta go with them also, Connacht have
lost their way over the last few matches in both competitions, hard to bet on them really.

legendary
Yea thats an "extreme" move to say the least. Obviously the Tigers management team
believe they can do big things this coming season.

I can totally understand players moving clubs between the top 6 or so teams.

There is a bit of controversy in Ireland here with the South African RG Snyman,
he is leaving Munster and moving to Leinster, he wants to stay in Ireland.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rugby/arid-41293573.html

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Jarome Luai of the NRL 2023 winners the Penrith Panthers has shifted to 17th (wooden spooners) the Balmain Tigers.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2023-penrith-panthers-jarome-luai-signs-with-wests-tigers-why-he-can-turn-around-tigers-justin-horo-criticism-attitude-news-transfers-contracts/news-story/20d141d7ae40cd6f04ae6ebca10c5f84

Former NRL forward Justin Horo believes Jarome Luai could be the perfect recruit to spearhead a Tigers resurgence under rookie coach Benji Marshall.

On Saturday, reports emerged Luai had agreed terms with the Tigers on a five-year, $6 million deal from 2025 and beyond.

However, Luai then responded on social media, explaining he was yet to put “pen to paper” on any contract despite reports circling he’d informed his Panthers teammates he was leaving.

There have been some other players at various teams shifting camp, however, this seems to be the most extreme going from a first place team to 17th.
legendary
I hope Contepomi does well with Argentina, they need someone who can take them a step higher to
compete and beat the top teams like South Africa and New Zealand on a regular basis. He has about
7 or 8 years of coaching under his belt at this stage I think and "Head Coach" is the next step up.

He played for Leinster around the mid 2000's and scored over 1000 points for them, he also coached
for a bit at leinster.

Yea, Australia will be with a new coach too !
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I'm glad to see Australia are not the only team having a shake up of their coaching staff.

I'm guessing it's going to be fairly quiet until into the new year then the sixes in early February?
Activity: 1288
Merit: 952
Well after we become champion on sevens now we have some news on Pumas.

Good to se Cheika out.
legendary
You are welcome back Timelord.

I was rattling around here on my lonesome over the weekend.

La Rochelle clocked up a second consecutive loss this round against the Stormers....
by 1 point! I thought that might happen.

Ulster did well also to win against Racing92 - they needed that.

you did well on Leicester, they beat Stade Francais 24 -27, nice one!!
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Am finally back online - two nights of storms and the internet is still slow (plus both the forum and bpip seem to be extra slow thanks to cloudfair)

I had wins on Leicester ($3.40), Toulouse, Ulster, Bath, Lyon, Bordeaux ($1.05), Saracens ($1.04) and Glasgow.  (and lost on Toulon, La Rochelle and Munster).

The Christmas bnreak sees cricket, then the Australian Open so free to air stations are saturated with those games, then in February when everyone is going back to work after our summer break, the League finally starts again.
legendary
European Rugby Champions Cup

2 Matches tonight in Round 2 of this competition, I didnt get any bets on but the two French
clubs in action both lost.

Northampton Saints at home beat Toulon 22 - 19
Aviron Bayonnais at home lost to Glasgow Warriors 11-12

Next games tomorrow:

Big test for La Rochelle travelling to play the DHL Stormers, I think the Storkmers are good value
@ 1.64 being the favourites. La Rochelle are batable as per Leinster last week.

Saracens v Connacht - The home side are big favourites @ 1.09 v 8.2 on Connacht, after last weeks
thrashing Connacht will either bounce back with force or Saracens will just be too much for them,
the latter is what I'm thinking so I'm not betting on that.

Two other matches I woould be interested in are Leinster v Sale Sharks, Leinster being favourites @ 1.008
are unbackable but I would like to see how they go.

Ulster v Racing 92 - Interesting one here, Ulster need to bounce back from last week, they are favourites
@ 1.88, it might be a value bet too.
legendary
ouch, thats a bit of controversy alright, Eddie has always since I know about him been
in some form of controversy.

https://www.balls.ie/rugby/eddie-jones-sonny-bill-williams-581884

"I didn't do an interview before the World Cup. I was asked by the recruitment
agency to share my experiences. The first interview I had with Japan was in Japan, and
that was the only one I had.

So after this weekend there are a few tournaments taking a break until mid to late January.

Rugby 7's - next leg of the series is in Perth, Australia 26th Jan

EPRC - Round 3, 12th January

URC - After Round 9 on the 30th December its breaktime until February 16th

Gallagher Premiership - After round 11 they break from the 5th January to the 26th January

Top 14 - After round 12 on 6th January they break until the 27th January

So altogether January will be a lean month in terms of Rugby.

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I've put bets on as many of the Gallagher Cup games this weekend as I can find. I'll post them in a little while.

In Australia, all the news of Rugby Union is the Australian coach who has gone to Japan has admitted he made contact with the Japanese prior to the recent disastrous world cup.
legendary

European Rugby Champions Cup

Connacht are at home playing Bordeaux Begles. Connacht are favourites @ 1.52 and are probably
worth it at that. They have had some "unlucky" losses in the URC and will be itching to put things
right in this European Cup round.

Glasgow Warriors are at home playing Northampton Saints and are favourite @ 1.33 again they
should win this.

Toulon at home to Exeter Chiefs and are big favourites @ 1.17. They are 2nd in the Top14 ATM
and the Chiefs are mid table in the Gallagher premiership so yea they should win this at home.

Bath at home to visiting Ulster. Bath are favourites @ 1.37 but I think Ulster could come up with
an upset, they are 3.30.

So last weeks matches in the European Rugby Champions Cup turned out to be a disaster
for my bets.....all four above lost.

There has been scathing criticism of Connacht because of their performance and how they
lost to Bordeaux 5 - 4, thats only 1 score for Connacht in the 15th minute.

In the last years final replay Leinster overcame La Rochelle 9-14, luckily I didnt bet on that because
I would have bet on the home side.

Actually not a great weekend for both the French and Irish sides generally.
Pages:
Jump to: