Pages:
Author

Topic: [Rugby] Union / League / Super / Sixes Sevens Pro14 / Cups & Tours / Olympics - page 5. (Read 12669 times)

legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1249
Yea in the Six Nations the odds on Ireland and France are not great to say the least, Ireland @ 1.02
and France @ 1.008 and which are about right. I cant see either Wales beating Ireland and Italy
beating France.

The interesting game of the weekend is Scotland v England. Scotland have shown some Jekyll and
Hyde Rugby in their last two matches and are favourites for Saturday. England are definitely
beatable but I worry for Scotland in this match TBH.

There are other tournaments on this weekend in Europe

Round 16 of the Top14 in France

Round 13 of the English Premiership starts today with Leicester v Gloucester and Bristol v Northampton

Its hard to know who to back based on key players playing in the Six Nations this weekend.
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
There was a one off State of Origin about fifteen years ago, but no.  Ordinarily there's no overseas games (other than in Auckland for the Warriors)

It's going to be a rather full weekend of games burgeoning across many countries.  Week two of two pre-season NRL kicks off this weekend as does the Pacifca Rugby Union matches Aust/NZ/other Pacific Island nations.  I heard the other day on the ABC radio that there are high hopes for the newest women's teams to enter their Rugby (union) competition.  I just hope it isn't a series of throw together teams like in NRL with Male-centric team names for the women clinging to the men's coat-tails...

Around the groups we have NRL pre-season week 2:

As mentioned previously, I'm going with the favoured teams:  Souths, Cronulla, Melbourne, Auckland, Manly (Brisbane should give them a run for their money) Townsville, Parramatta.

Penrith are still ahead on odds to beat Wigan in their encounter on Sunday.

Week one of the Regular season:

Souths, Brisbane, Newcastle, Warriors, Penrith, Paramatta, Gold Coast, and Townsville over Redcliffe (which was never a suburb of Brisbane inspite what the promos might lead you to believe).

Super Rugby Pacific

The Chiefs are tipped to win against the Crusaders, however, I feel that game will go the other way.

The Brumbies will have an easy time against the Rebels.  Likewise, the Hurricanes will blow away the Western Force. 

The Blues and Highlanders are tipped to win against Fijian Drua  and Moana Pasifika, but those games might be closer than people would otherwise imagine.

Similarly, the Reds are tipped to win against the Waratahs, but the venue might be the tipping point.

Over in the latest week of Six Nations Ireland and France are unbackable against Wales and Italy while Scotland are hoping to send England home empty handed.
legendary
I cant remember but is there an NRL match played in a different country every season?

Something similar happens in American Football College League, they play the first match
of the season in most cases Ireland!

All the favourites won yesterday in the URC which was brilliant for the "favourites bet".

Only 1 match today, Ospreys v Ulster. I'm not betting on this, I think its too close, they
are 10 and 8 respectively on the table.

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Rabbitohs retain Charity Shield with second-half blitz

Author Martin Lenehan NRL Senior Journalist
Timestamp Sat 17 Feb 2024, 10:02 PM

Martin Lenehan

https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/02/17/rabbitohs-retain-charity-shield-with-second-half-blitz/

The Rabbitohs continued their Charity Shield dominance of the Dragons with a 28-6 victory at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium on Saturday night.

After scores were locked 6-6 at half-time the Rabbitohs kicked clear on the back powerful displays up front from Sean Keppie and Tevita Tatola and a composed showing by youngster Jye Gray at fullback.

There were four games yesterday and then three today being played in regional centres as part of the two week preseason series.

In two weeks a one of game will be played in Las Vegas as game one of week one.
legendary
Damn I havent tuned into the NRL season start yet at all.

In the URL the two favourites from yesterday won, Munster and Edinburgh.

In todays matches we are looking at the favourites again.

Lions v Bulls - Bulls are favourite at 1.5

Leinster v Benetton - 1st and 2nd on the table but Leinster at 1.07, unbackable unless they
go behind in the first half....

Sharks v Stormers - Stormers are 1.55 and I expect them to win.

Cardiff v Connacht - Connacht are favourites at 1.56 though I'm not sure. Connacht
rely heavily on their 2 internationals Aki and Bealham and they are in the Irish camp ATM.

Glasgow Warriors v Dragons - Warriors for this one @ 1.05, same as Leinster, either
throw them into a favourites parlay or hope to get better odds during the match.

Activity: 372
Merit: 39
Ditty! £ $ ₹ € ¥ ¢ ≠ ÷ ™
NRL 2024

The Bulldogs (third last last year) mauled the Storm 24-12 last night in the opening game of the two week pre-season challenge.

I'll take those tips for the weekend's games.

Tonight's early game saw the Indigenous women's team best their Maori counterparts 26 - 4

With close to 60 minutes of game time already played, the men's team are leading 16 - 8. Given the countless years of game play experience the men have knotched up, it's no surprise their game is a much closer scoring one.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
NRL 2024

The Bulldogs (third last last year) mauled the Storm 24-12 last night in the opening game of the two week pre-season challenge.

I'll take those tips for the weekend's games.
legendary
So as expected in the Six Nations on Sunday Ireland beat Italy 36-0. There were moments
of brilliance and also moments of error riddled play but for Ireland with a lot of first choice
players resting they held an improving Italian side scoreless. Impressive enough.

No six nations this weekend coming but club Rugby starts up again with the URC on Friday

Scarlets play Munster - No odds yet but I would back Munster eventhough they have
not been up to their usual standard this season in the URC.

Zebre v Edinburgh - No odds yet - Edinburgh should be winning this one.
legendary
Union Rucks

I know what you mean about the flow of play slowing down at ruck time but every attacking
team wants "quick ball" from the ruck to keep the play moving quickly but every defending
team wants to steal the ball either by counter rucking or stealing the ball as its being
presented by the player who has gone to ground and often teams will deliberately try to
slow the game at ruck time.

The Scotland v France match was a great one, Scotland were close again this week to
causing an upset but in the 3rd quarter France were able to capitalise on their strength
and Scotlands flagging defense

England v Wales - Its a pity Wales were not at home, they were close again this week, I felt they
ran out of steam with all the defending they had to do.

Ireland v Italy next.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
The preseason matches have just been put up online:

https://www.nrl.com/draw/?competition=119&round=1&season=2024

Bulldogs Vs Storm
Knights Vs Sharks
Roosters Vs Sea Eagles
Eels Vs Raiders
Rabbitohs Vs Dragons
Warriors Vs Wests Tigers
Cowboys Vs Broncos
Dolphins Vs Titans

Based on last year's ladder, I've highlighted the teams higher on the ladder (and how I'll be betting accordingly).

Interesting, I'll watch that later, I have to admit that partly following the NRL for 3 years
now I dont know ALL the rules so I'll learn something for sure.

I wouldn't mind seeing something for the Union version - the rucks to me seem to get bogged down and the play grinds to a halt (as Russel Crowe says League is about keeping the game play going).

https://www.sixnationsrugby.com/en/m6n/matches/2024

France trounced Scotland while England held on against Wales.

legendary
Interesting, I'll watch that later, I have to admit that partly following the NRL for 3 years
now I dont know ALL the rules so I'll learn something for sure.

Cant believe the NRL is starting up in about a month, and the pre season starting next week.

The first of the pre season challenge is the Bulldogs v Storm next Thursday. Is there
pre season friendlies before that?

Cant seem to bet on the challenge matches.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Heh - playing it safe is sometimes the best way to go.

In NRL I hear one of the pre season games is going to be played at the Ipswich Jet's home field - Paramatta Vs Titans in week 2 of the pre season.

...and this also happened today:

Russell Crowe explains the rules and laws of rugby league

Russell Crowe explains the rules and laws of rugby league and what people can expect when the NRL is unleashed in Vegas

https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/02/10/rugby-leagues-rules-and-laws-explained/

legendary
Yea I know Scotland have nice odds @ 2.7 but I cannot really see them beating France, they got
out of jail last weekend by leading at half time by 20 points and only winning by 1 point, they
wont get away with that very poor defence against France. Small bet on France @ 1.53 is OK for me.

England v Wales - this now is a tricky one in my reckoning, the odds suggest an overwhelming win for
England but if Wales can put in a good performance like they did for 30 minutes last week, it will be
closer than 1.18 v 5.20, I cant see them winning at Twickenham though....

Ireland v Italy - Italy winning away to Ireland would be a very shock result even though Italy in their
first match ran England close, Irelands defense will be too good.

So I'm only going with a bet on France - a token Rugby bet for the weekend.

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Yes, I'm going with England, Scotland and Ireland in what should be good games.

Scotland - France 11 Feb 2024 00:15 Money Line Scotland @ 2.27 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Win: 0.064 mBTC
England - Wales 11 Feb 2024 02:45 Money Line England @ 1.15 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Win: 0.008 mBTC

(Ireland is $1.01 against Italy at $10.79)

In the England Super League, Saint Helens, Leigh Leopards, Wiggan Warriors and Catalans Dragons are the favourites with the punters.

Leigh Leopards - Huddersfield Giants 17 Feb 2024 06:00 Money Line Leigh Leopards @ 1.46 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Win: 0.023 mBTC
Castleford Tigers - Wigan Warriors 18 Feb 2024 01:00 Money Line Wigan Warriors @ 1.19 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Win: 0.009 mBTC
Catalans Dragons - Warrington Wolves 18 Feb 2024 03:30 Money Line Catalans Dragons @ 1.54 Taken Amount: 0.05 mBTC Possible Win: 0.027 mBTC
legendary
The next round of the Six Nations continues on Saturday with the following matches:

Scotland v France - odds are 2.8 - 1.5 - I cant see Scotland beating France especially after
their second half performance against Wales at the weekend.

England v Wales - odds are 1.17 - 5.6 - a difficult one now for Wales to continue on from that
electric second half performance against Scotland and carry it into Twickenham but England
were pushed by Italy. I dont know if Wales are worth a punt on this game?

And on Sunday next
Ireland v Italy - the odds say a lot here - 1.002 - 18.0
legendary
Well I called it correctly, Ireland were far superior right from the off. Ok France and Willemse
got a Red card but Ireland we far better throughout that they were going to win anyway.

I didnt back any other teams, Italy v England was a very close affair with lots of try's and ended
up Italy 24 - 27 England

The second match yesterday was such a strange one. The half time score was
Wales 0 - 20 Scotland, shortly after the second half Wales scored a penalty and from
there went on to score another 23 points, they were simply outstanding but Scotland
held on to win by 1 point. Wales 26 - 27 Scotland
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I went with France over Ireland, but it was the Irish who managed to win.

This week, I'm going with Ireland ($1.90) as well as England ($1.14) and Scotland ($2.55) who won their matches last week.

Am looking forward to July to see some Rugby - Olympic style.
legendary
The Olympics start in the last week of July!

Yes we have been waiting for this for a good while now !

Well I'm going with Ireland in tonights match against France. Ireland have a very strong
starting 15 and a very strong bench. Ireland are missing the very experienced No.13 Gary
Ringrose and France dont have their No.1 play maker Antoine Dupont.

The odds have t changed since I checked them during the week so I think Ireland are a great
price @ 2.75, France @ 1.54
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
What a level we are having on sevens, i hope we reach in this high level the Olympics , so we can grab the gold medal.

When are the Olympics? They must be around the corner.

The six nations is on this weekend, so I'll sit down in a couple of hours and see what odds are on offer.

I'm going with the short priced teams, France, England and Scotland (although I'd love to see the Wales Vs Scotland game live)
legendary
What a level we are having on sevens, i hope we reach in this high level the Olympics , so we can grab the gold medal.

They seem to be building very well for the Olympics and will certainly be the team
to beat if they keep on this winning streak.

Six Nations

England news, so Owen Farrell the no.10 is not in the team and Marcus Smith no.10
is not available now due to injury so they have had to call up a replacement, this kind
of bodes a bit better for Italy and is a slight chink of light for them to beat England.
The odds suggest that people dont think so, Italy 8.6 - 1.06 England.
Pages:
Jump to: