Pages:
Author

Topic: [Rugby] Union / League / Super / Sixes Sevens Pro14 / Cups & Tours / Olympics - page 7. (Read 12685 times)

legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1249
European Rugby Champions Cup is back on this weekend starting today with:

Northampton v Bayonne - Northampton are topping that Pool 3 so they are unbackable
@ 1.06 that could be one to go into a favourites parlay.

Exeter Chiefs v Glasgow Warriors - Exeter are healthy favourites @ 1.35, another one for the parlay

Lyon v Connacht - @ 1.25 Lyon are home favourites but Connacht are libel for anything,
anyway lets add Lyon

Stormers v Sale Sharks - Have to go with the Stormers @ 1.16 at home

La Rochelle v Leicester Tigers @ 1.06 - hopefully the French side have their house in order.

total odds there of 2.28
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
Opps - my bad.

This weekend, I'm going with Newcastle over Benetton then the Ospreys over Perpignan.  While over in the France Pro D2  Aix-en-Provence ($1.04) Vs Dax $9.00) and Brive ($1.06) Vs Rouen ($8) seems to be the most skewered bets - I might just do all the favourites again in a parlay and see how I go.
legendary
The English Premiership Rugby wont be finalised until the middle of May. There wont be any
matches in February.

In the European Rugby Championship the group stages end at the end of January so still
a bit to go there still and then its onto the finals stage.

The Rounds of 16 take place in April
Semi finals at the start if May
and the Final at the end of May.

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Following on from the last matches of the weekend...

Montpelier the favourites and bottom of the table in the French Top14 did actually beat
Toulon 27-17, to me it doesnt add up?

Over in the English Premiership Bath did beat Gloucester so I ended up close to 50/50, I
might have been better off sticking with the favourites even though some outsider odds are
very appealing

I actually got a wager down on Montpelier about an hour before the game started.  Lost on the sharks, but won on Bath and Leicester in the later games over the weekend.  Grin

The Saracens are favourites to win the cup at the end of the month on $2.50 while Sale $5 and Leicester $7 follow in second and third favourites.

Likewise Leinster $2.85, Toulouse $4.50 and La Rochelle $6 round out the top three in the Euro Champion's Cup to be decided this weekend.
legendary
Following on from the last matches of the weekend...

Montpellier the favourites and bottom of the table in the French Top14 did actually beat
Toulon 27-17, to me it doesnt add up?

Over in the English Premiership Bath did beat Gloucester so I ended up close to 50/50, I
might have been better off sticking with the favourites eventhough some outsider odds are
very appealing

legendary
50/50 for sure, A win and a loss for the favourites yesterday, Exeter losing and Leicester winning.

I think Bath are safe today, they are 5th on the table but Gloucester are second from the bottom.

I didnt do any bets on the French Top14 yesterday. Only 1 match today, Montpellier v Toulon,
odds are with Montpellier @ 1.58 v 2.55. Interestingly Montpellier are at the bottom of the table
after playing 11 matches, Toulon are 5th with +109 points difference, have to go with Toulon
regardless of popularity.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Definitely 50/50 at the moment with win/loss/win/loss etc seeming to be the order of the day. There's just the Bath game to play, so it's anyone's guess as to what the outcome is going to be. 🤔
legendary
Kick off is just around the corner. I'm going with all the favorites again :

Harlequin's, Sale, Exeter.

Leicester, Bath and the Sharks.

Good luck with your bets.

Yesterdays English Premiership was 50/50

Bristol beat Sale 14 - 22
and Harlequins beat Newcastle 4 - 24

Todays games

Exeter v Northampton - 1.3 v 3.85 thats about right, Exeter are top 3 ATM
Leicester v Saracens - 1.6 - 2.46 thats going to be a close one, this could go either way
they are 6 and 7 on the table - ill hold

and tomorrow you are right with Bath I think against Gloucester - 1.22 - 4.4
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Kick off is just around the corner. I'm going with all the favorites again :

Harlequin's, Sale, Exeter.

Leicester, Bath and the Sharks.

Good luck with your bets.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I might give it a go with the Rugby games being played in and around Europe/Britton - I'll have a look this afternoon what games are on offer.
legendary
Yes, I'll go with Sale and the Harlequins. I sometimes wonder if it's viable to bet on all the favorites in any given week (as single bets, not parlays) about the day prior to kick off when the serious money has already been placed and the favorites are clear to see? 🤔

I was wondering the same thing and I was applying it to the 2023 Australian Rugby League season . . .
The results in the first half of the season were totally skewed, Panthers, Eels, Storm, Cowboys were
losing matches they should have been winning and the Broncos were winning!

Yea, betting on the favourites wont always pay but you would imagine that in the long run it would
be a winning tactic.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Yes, I'll go with Sale and the Harlequins. I sometimes wonder if it's viable to bet on all the favorites in any given week (as single bets, not parlays) about the day prior to kick off when the serious money has already been placed and the favorites are clear to see? 🤔
legendary
You are welcome back Timelord after a well deserved break. Yea the weather is crazy
pretty much all over....

We have Round 12 of the French Top14 kicking off on Saturday with Pau v La Rochelle,
followed by Racing 92 v Castres. I dont have any odds yet on ant of the matches? but
I'll be backing those two home sides if the odds are decent

Over with the English Premiership Round 11 is kicking off on Friday with Sale v Bristol
and Newcastle v Harlequins. Sale at home # 1.25 and Harlequins @ 1.37.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Yes, Happy New Year to one and all. I'm back on deck now after having a much needed end of year vacation.  Flash floods, summer storms, bush fires are a part of Australian life. Now we have the summer cricket before the League recommences in March.

What games are on this week around the world?
legendary
Hey guys, Happy new year to you two who allways keeps this thread alive! I hope you have a very nice year.

And the same to you dar.

also to Timelord and others who frequent and visit the thread!

English Premiership match yesterday - Bath didnt win against Leicester, it was a real
long shot bet on them anyway.

and the long shot bet on Perpignon @ 8.2 in the French Top14 was the one I should have
done, they beat Castres 13-17 !

In Round 9 of the URC there are 4 matches being played today:

Connacht v Munster - The home side are favourites @ 1.89, it will be close but
Connacht have to put an end to their losing streak today....hopefully

Activity: 214
Merit: 130
Hey guys, Happy new year to you two who allways keeps this thread alive! I hope you have a very nice year.
legendary
Yea I lost on Racing92 in the Top14 and won with Harlequins in the English Premiership.
In the URC I lost with Glasgow and won just about with the Stormers.

More matches in the URC tomorrow!

1 match in the English Premiership today, Leicester v Bath, Bath are doing well, the odds
are with the favourites Leicester @ 1.21 but Bath are 4.90, I'll do a pure gamble on Bath.

and 1 match today in the Top14, Castres v Perpignon, the home side are big favourites
@ 1.09, no point in that and not going to back the ling shots @ 8.2

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
It's always nice to have a win (Bristol had been favoured to win, but in the end didn't). All in all , most favourites ended up winning, so I broke even.
legendary
It wont be long until the 6 Nations is upon us, looking forward to that!

In the Top14 yesterday I'm 1 from 1, Oyonnax were rightly favourites, winning 34 - 13

and Clermont Auvergne lost to the visitors Bordeaux Begles who seem to be in better form,
close though 35 - 40

In the English Premiership as expected Bristol Bears lost out to Exeter 14 - 24, that was
great odds 2.70.

Todays matches in both competitions are:

Top14

Lyon v Montpellier - I'm skipping this one, they are both at the bottom of the table, it will
be too close to call IMO.

Bayonne v Racing 92 - odds are 2.60 v 1.60. The odds are good on Racing I think because
of their double loss in the European Rugby Championship.

English Premiership

Saracens v Newcastle Falcons - Saracens are unbackable against bottom of the table Newcastle.

Northampton Saints v Sale Sharks - 4th position v 3rd position on the table, hard one to call
with the home side being the favourites @ 1.59 - i think I'll hold on this one.

Harlequins v Gloucester - I'm going with the home side favourites @ 1.28.

URC

Benetton v Zebre - Benetton are big favourites and are unbackable.

Edinburgh v Glasgow - the home side are favourites and Glasgow are 2.48, they might
be good for that.

Stormers v Sharks - Have to go with the in form home side @ 1.32
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
The six nations is still more than a month away, so it's the local competitions that are getting all the focus this weekend.

This weekend I'm going with all the favourites in the United Rugby Championship and Gallagher Premiership:

Leinster, Scarlets, Ospreys, Connacht, Stormers, Edinburgh, Benetton, Saracens -27.5 (clicked the wrong button Cheesy ), Leicester, Harlequins, Northampton and Bristol (all a dollar (equivalent) bet)

Pages:
Jump to: