Pages:
Author

Topic: [Rugby] Union / League / Super / Sixes Sevens Pro14 / Cups & Tours / Olympics - page 6. (Read 12682 times)

legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1249
What a level we are having on sevens, i hope we reach in this high level the Olympics , so we can grab the gold medal.

They seem to be building very well for the Olympics and will certainly be the team
to beat if they keep on this winning streak.

Six Nations

England news, so Owen Farrell the no.10 is not in the team and Marcus Smith no.10
is not available now due to injury so they have had to call up a replacement, this kind
of bodes a bit better for Italy and is a slight chink of light for them to beat England.
The odds suggest that people dont think so, Italy 8.6 - 1.06 England.
Activity: 214
Merit: 130
What a level we are having on sevens, i hope we reach in this high level the Olympics , so we can grab the gold medal.
legendary
Argentina definitely did well over the weekend (they were very short priced favorites for their games) - I was able to put some bets down on Sunday's games just before kickoff.  Fiji lost their games, so my $1 parlays on the favorites got mangled.  Likewise, Canada did well.

I think in the Women's, the Team GB are going to continue their senior players successes in the next few years.

Overall I'm just a little bit ahead, so a good result.

And they will have very short odds for the next round which is in Vancouver Canada
in approximately a month from now. That will be a change in climate!

Six Nations 2024

This is the run in week for the Six Nations competition.

First match is this coming Friday with France v Ireland followed on Saturday with
Italy v England and Wales v Scotland.

The favourites are France, England and Scotland, sounds about right to me but I
want to investigate what the buzz is around the Irish team before deciding whether
or not to back them.
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
Argentina definitely did well over the weekend (they were very short priced favorites for their games) - I was able to put some bets down on Sunday's games just before kickoff.  Fiji lost their games, so my $1 parlays on the favorites got mangled.  Likewise, Canada did well.

I think in the Women's, the Team GB are going to continue their senior players successes in the next few years.

Overall I'm just a little bit ahead, so a good result.
legendary
Updating the thread with the Rugby 7's finals results

Women:
Gold - Ireland
Silver - Australia
Bronze - Great Britain

First ever Gold for the Irish Women at the Rugby 7's and they are now in 4th place overall.

Mens:
Gold - Argentina
Silver - Australia
Bronze - Ireland

Thats back to back Golds for Argentina and back to back Silvers for Australia.

I'm going to do a couple of mini parlays for this weekend and I'm going to keep with the
new idea of just favourites.

Top 14

Bordeaux Begles to bead Stad Francais @ 1.21
Aviron Bayonne to beat US Oyonnax @ 1.15
Lyon OU to beat USA Perpignon # 1.17

Total odds 1.62

My parlay on the Top14 didnt workout, Stad Francais beat
 Bordeaux Begles
legendary
Some good pics there I'm just working my way through putting down some wagers - I've just placed some on the Perth 7's which are due to start any minute now.

Mens: Argentina ($1.06), New Zealand ($1.22), Fiji ($1.30), Ireland ($1.50) and Australia ($1.13)

Womens: Canada ($1.06) Australia is suspended against GB who are languishing on $23.00!

The six nation's is still another week away.

Damn in the first set of pool matches yesterday AUSTRALIA let me down !!

I didnt do any bets today, been too busy to study who was playing who but checking
the mens results I have to say Argentina are looking pretty good and are in the semi finals
against....Ireland, I'm happy with that but TBH I wouldnt bet against Argentina.

The other semi final is Fiji v Australia!

On the womens side the semi finals are Ireland v Great Britain and Australia v USA.

This weekend is a chance for the #1 teams to pull ahead of the competition, Womens:
Australia and Mens: Argentina.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
On a whim I put a dollar on the Great Britain Women's Rugby team ($23) I should have put five or ten dollars down - the Women's team won the Rugby World cup a year or two ago.

Aryna Sablenka also won - same thing I only had five dollars down. (I should have put a while lot more down)

Overall, it's been a great weekend so far.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Some good pics there I'm just working my way through putting down some wagers - I've just placed some on the Perth 7's which are due to start any minute now.

Mens: Argentina ($1.06), New Zealand ($1.22), Fiji ($1.30), Ireland ($1.50) and Australia ($1.13)

Womens: Canada ($1.06) Australia is suspended against GB who are languishing on $23.00!

The six nation's is still another week away.
legendary
I'm going to do a couple of mini parlays for this weekend and I'm going to keep with the
new idea of just favourites.

Top 14

Bordeaux Begles to bead Stad Francais @ 1.21
Aviron Bayonne to beat US Oyonnax @ 1.15
Lyon OU to beat USA Perpignon # 1.17

Total odds 1.62

Rugby 7's Mens Today

Its really the giants against the minnows in the first games
Australia to beat USA
South Africa to beat Spain
Argentina to beat Canada
New Zealand to beat Samoa

Total odds 1.55

Betting on 7's I find can be tricky, top teams can lose first rounds and still go on to the finals...

legendary
Right, well the Olympic Rugby is about 6 months away, there is a lot of rugby, world, club
and 7's to be played.

Busy weekend ahead, lots of choices to hopefully pick a few winners.

Top14 - Round 13

English Premiership - Round 12

United Rugby Championship - Round 9 but only 1 match Bulls v Lions, the only 2 teams
to have only played 8 matches instead of 9.

Rugby 7's - Perth Australia, Round 3 and Argentina mens sitting pretty on top!

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
Yeh Edinburgh and Gloucester which paid out $1.65 🥳

I was thinking of putting something down on both Toulouse and Leinster, but didn't end up doing so. Ah well.

The BBC World service spent the entire weekend going on about "the world game" in France for the Olympics (no mention of Rugby in their broadcasts)... I'm guessing the Olympics are fast descending on us.

(And I'm glad I didn't put any wagers on the ladies at the Australian Open - apart from Coco Gough I think every pic I would have made have all been tumbled out).
legendary
Thats another parlay win with a massive $5 bet @ 1.6.

All 5 teams did the business, Glasgow Warriors,
 Racing 92, Leinster, Saracens, Toulouse.

If I had Proceeded with the original 4 picks I was thinking of before seeing the odds
it would have been a lost bet. Saracens beat Lyon 39-24 and Bayonne beat Exeter 40-17

How did you get on Timelord? did you do a favourites parlay?
legendary
ATM the fees dont seem as high as they were! I just moved $79 with a cost of $6.87

That's about nine percent!!! (my eyes are watering) I'd *consider* a fee that high if I was transferring a win of ten thousand dollars in a hurry either out of an exchange before the replay showed the ball was out of play *or* if I were wanting to put some money down fast after the opposition's key players all fell down with gastro with twenty minutes left to play and were trailing by at least as many points...

Well thats about a 60% discount on where it was about a week ago , so im happy with it.

My experience of the Parlays is not to add too many bets, so the reward isnt as great but
also the chances of a result going the wrong way is less . . . thats how I see it. Last
weekends parlay had 5 bets, this weekend I plan to do another but havent decided who
to add.

Quick peek at the matches without odds I am aiming for:

Lyon
Leinster
Stormers
Exeter

But as I said I cant see the odds yet

In the European Challenge Cup I'm going with Gloucester ($1.24) and  Edinburgh ($1.30) but something in the back of my head says the Scarlets on $3.30 might pull off a minor miracle...

Good luck with your picks - I see the former Irish coach Smiths has taken the challenge and agreed to coach the Australian team.

IMO its a bit dodgy backing the Scarlets over Edinburgh.

I have 5 picks in the pot for the weekend:

Glasgow Warriors to beat Toulon
Racing 92 to beat Cardiff
Leinster to beat Leicester
Saracens to beat Lyon
Toulouse to Bath

Total odds 1.6

Yes I heard today Joe Schmidt today, great coach, he was 9 years in Ireland with Leinster
and Ireland and was fairly successful.

He was then head coach of Ireland from 2013 to 2019. In six years under his leadership,
Ireland won three Six Nations Championships, including a Grand Slam in 2018. Ireland
were ranked number 1 in the World Rugby Rankings for the first time in their history
in 2019, and recorded their first-ever wins over New Zealand.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
ATM the fees dont seem as high as they were! I just moved $79 with a cost of $6.87

That's about nine percent!!! (my eyes are watering) I'd *consider* a fee that high if I was transferring a win of ten thousand dollars in a hurry either out of an exchange before the replay showed the ball was out of play *or* if I were wanting to put some money down fast after the opposition's key players all fell down with gastro with twenty minutes left to play and were trailing by at least as many points...

My experience of the Parlays is not to add too many bets, so the reward isnt as great but
also the chances of a result going the wrong way is less . . . thats how I see it. Last
weekends parlay had 5 bets, this weekend I plan to do another but havent decided who
to add.

Lyon
Leinster
Stormers
Exeter

In the European Challenge Cup I'm going with Gloucester ($1.24) and  Edinburgh ($1.30) but something in the back of my head says the Scarlets on $3.30 might pull off a minor miracle...

Good luck with your picks - I see the former Irish coach Smiths has taken the challenge and agreed to coach the Australian team.
legendary
I'm only doing $1 parlays but can't seem to win on the favourites (one or more invariably fall by the wayside).

I'll have a look at the European games for this weekend and make some picks.

Are you having issues shifting funds with the glut of transaction fees on the block chain at the moment?  It must be eating into some online crypto gaming websites bottom dollars. 🤔

to add.

Lyon
Leinster
Stormers
Exeter

legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I'm only doing $1 parlays but can't seem to win on the favourites (one or more invariably fall by the wayside).

I'll have a look at the European games for this weekend and make some picks.

Are you having issues shifting funds with the glut of transaction fees on the block chain at the moment?  It must be eating into some online crypto gaming websites bottom dollars. 🤔
legendary
It was 'winner all right' La Rochelle romped home with a score of 45-12. I had a $5 bet on
that parlay, I think thats the first in about 8 months which I did and it worked.

An update on the other tournaments:

United Rugby Championship - resumes 16th of February

English Premiership - Round 12 of 18 starts 26th January

Top14 - Round 13 of 26 resumes on the 26th of January.

So the only Rugby this coming weekend is Round 4 of the European Champions Cup and
the European Challenge cup which I'm not following.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
I've just arrived home.  I think there's still a couple of late matches to be played.  Hope you do well.
legendary
remarkably enough the bets on my parlay all won, thats Northampton, Exeter Saints, Lyon
and The Stormers. I am waiting for todays match La Rochelle v Leicester, fingers crossed.
legendary
💲🏎️💨🚓
So far this weekend the Ospreys, USO Nevers, Aix-en-Provence, Aurillac, Brieve, Stade Montois have all won their games while Newcastle, Montauban and Vannes (the favoured online) all lost their games.
Pages:
Jump to: