Pages:
Author

Topic: Scam Warning: WoodCollector - page 13. (Read 29077 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
January 21, 2015, 07:28:16 AM
http://anastasia-berry.deviantart.com/art/Black-Bear-I-412078280

That one is actually STOLEN from a Deviant Art page.

STOLEN FROM A DEVIANT ART PAGE.

That one is stolen from shutterstock.

STOLEN FROM SHUTTERSTOCK.

What a fuckin loser. Great job, BG4!
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001
January 21, 2015, 07:27:38 AM

I know nothing about wood carving but is it possible to be that accurate to the detail with hand?
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
January 21, 2015, 07:24:11 AM
Wow I only just saw WoodCollector's work today and somehow found this thread that has totally blown up.

At least he delivers the goods and in my opinion they look amazing.

No doubt he is using a laser for some of the finish. That is obvious.

All his clients seem happy(?) and he just needs to start mentioning that he uses a laser engraver for some of the finishing work.

Case closed.

EDIT: I also think the title of this thread is misleading. He delivers the work and his clients seem happy. Calling him a scammer is going too far in my opinion.

Going back to what I just mentioned: if you bought gold and received counterfeit, you technically received something, but is it not a scam? The high value is in the hand carving, which he is still lying about. You yourself admitted that it's laser-created, not hand carved.

People create art with all kinds of different methods and techniques. The amount of time put into it does not equate with value in the art world. It depends on many other factors. It's not as clear cut here as someone selling fake gold. That is black and white. It's either real gold or not.

EDIT: Also I agree with you. He does need to state that he uses lasers for the finishing work and I agree he should have been honest about this from the start. I still like his work though.
legendary
Activity: 1064
January 21, 2015, 07:22:09 AM
Haploid, you'll find that there are two sides here:

1) Rational adults who realized on their own that WC is full of shit

2) Rubes and shills who pretend WC is correct

There's no point arguing anymore. All the adults agree that it was a bait-and-switch, which is 100%, no doubt, a type of scam. Anyone arguing otherwise is either a shill, a moron, a sock, or too young and naive to understand that this forum is overflowing with piece of shit scammers just like WC, trying to pass off shit as diamonds.

indeed there is no point arguing anymore, you have stated all your thoughts including with evidence
so now lets wait for the promised video, then we can all start commenting this again
legendary
January 21, 2015, 07:19:57 AM
Haploid, you'll find that there are two sides here:

1) Rational adults who realized on their own that WC is full of shit

2) Rubes and shills who pretend WC is correct

There's no point arguing anymore. All the adults agree that it was a bait-and-switch, which is 100%, no doubt, a type of scam. Anyone arguing otherwise is either a shill, a moron, a sock, or too young and naive to understand that this forum is overflowing with piece of shit scammers just like WC, trying to pass off shit as diamonds.
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
January 21, 2015, 07:16:46 AM
Wow I only just saw WoodCollector's work today and somehow found this thread that has totally blown up.

All his clients seem happy(?) and he just needs to start mentioning that he uses a laser engraver for some of the finishing work.

Case closed.

EDIT: I also think the title of this thread is misleading. He delivers the work and his clients seem happy. Calling him a scammer is going too far in my opinion.

Going back to what I just mentioned: if you bought gold and received counterfeit, you technically received something, but is it not a scam? The high value is in the hand carving, which he is still lying about. You yourself admitted that it's laser-created, not hand carved.
legendary
Activity: 1386
January 21, 2015, 06:41:32 AM

Case closed.

Activity: 261
Merit: 103
January 21, 2015, 06:39:00 AM
nah dude...it's over.

was already caught red handed here.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10223134

Interesting proof , I would like to see a video of WoodCollector that is carving something ( if it is possible, but I don't think it will be a problem if he is honest).

I dont think its going to be a problem, after 2 pages in on this thread i could see Nubbins and his sock puppets were just trying to ruin woodcollecters rep because he considers him a threat to his own business. Just as posted above, Someone already pointed out that Delivery man REQUESTED that lion head specifically because of its symmetry and WC did an awesome job of copying it. Knowing what i know there will be videos soon, someone is going to re-nig on eating his hat and shelling out for a piece of his own becasue he is a liar, he will use some excuse like "i still dont believe it" like his disbelife makes it not true. then start in from another angle.

I dont think WC is following this thread anymore, not sure if he is posting the video in his other thread or on message request only once he gets them done, but i know the videos are coming, and i also know that the troll patrol is still going to have some dumb shit to say.

I also know the videos are coming - he said he will be sending a video to me of the second coin he is working on for me. I may decide to share it - or I may not, whatever the case Nobbins is a plank.

Why the hell wouldn't you want to share it and clear all this up?

Because I am the one buying his works - if you want to see a video of his work being made, commission a piece and request that yourself as every other person who doubts him should.

Exactly my point.  Since you own some of his works.  It would be beneficial for you to show the video so that WoodCollector is vindicated and your artwork is validated among the community.  It's not worth anything unless the community agrees it is.  And I'm pretty sure WoodCollector would appreciate his reputation being restored.
legendary
January 21, 2015, 06:28:56 AM
Because I am the one buying his works - if you want to see a video of his work being made, commission a piece and request that yourself as every other person who doubts him should.

Stupidest thing I've heard in days, and I hang out on the bitcoin forum. Congratulations, a new level of idiocy. If someone shoved that dildo up your ass, you'd gush about how great it is at holding your shit in.

Ukcrypto (who has started harassing me in other threads) and terrahasher, both of you are cordially invited to jump off a cliff.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
January 21, 2015, 05:59:23 AM

Yes of course , but in this case it is better to make a video and after maybe he will receive a lot of new buyers. I think with a valid vide( maybe with the hangout ) they can demonstrate that he doesn't use a laser....
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
January 21, 2015, 05:56:54 AM
nah dude...it's over.

Interesting proof , I would like to see a video of WoodCollector that is carving something ( if it is possible, but I don't think it will be a problem if he is honest).

I dont think its going to be a problem, after 2 pages in on this thread i could see Nubbins and his sock puppets were just trying to ruin woodcollecters rep because he considers him a threat to his own business. Just as posted above, Someone already pointed out that Delivery man REQUESTED that lion head specifically because of its symmetry and WC did an awesome job of copying it. Knowing what i know there will be videos soon, someone is going to re-nig on eating his hat and shelling out for a piece of his own becasue he is a liar, he will use some excuse like "i still dont believe it" like his disbelife makes it not true. then start in from another angle.

I dont think WC is following this thread anymore, not sure if he is posting the video in his other thread or on message request only once he gets them done, but i know the videos are coming, and i also know that the troll patrol is still going to have some dumb shit to say.

I also know the videos are coming - he said he will be sending a video to me of the second coin he is working on for me. I may decide to share it - or I may not, whatever the case Nobbins is a plank.

Activity: 261
Merit: 103
January 21, 2015, 05:47:24 AM
nah dude...it's over.

legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
January 21, 2015, 05:31:10 AM
I'm appalled to see that some of you think WoodCollector's business practices are acceptable. For those that have bought his work already, he's not legit just because you like what you bought. That's besides the point. The fact is that he deliberately lied about the work being hand crafted when it's actually done by a machine. That's just downright dishonest.

If someone sells counterfeit gold/silver bullion and passes them off as the real thing, would you be ok with it? How about paying you with counterfeit cash? That's the same level of ethics here.

Let's be real here. There ain't no video coming out of him working on a piece. If a video does come out, it will show the work as subpar quality.
January 21, 2015, 03:58:51 AM
nah dude...it's over.

January 21, 2015, 03:57:06 AM
nah dude...it's over.

obviously it's not all hand carved.  but just leave the guy alone...

Did you not see that the owner of the piece sent Woodcollector that image to carve. HE sent it to woodcollector and requested he use that image!
Activity: 140
January 21, 2015, 02:59:43 AM
nah dude...it's over.

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
January 21, 2015, 02:51:55 AM
nah dude...it's over.

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
January 21, 2015, 02:47:00 AM
nah dude...it's over.

obviously it's not all hand carved.  but just leave the guy alone...
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
January 21, 2015, 02:44:05 AM

If he shows a video of him carving fine-serif text like this, with hand tools, start to finish, I'll eat my hat. Heck, I'll commission a piece myself.

I am not wasting any more of my time on this, when one of my clients wants something, a picture or video or something, message me. Continuing to argue with this guy is an exercise in futility.

I'll throw in a suggestion
I want nubbins to order a carving on a technical level he's happy with and woodcollector to make a video with pictures seems simple enough to settle, or a livestream with a set time so no one can complain about photoshop etc.  

Wow this certainly blew up...and to think...I came this close to buying a dildo from this guy  Grin
Totally worth it it's amusing either way so no complaints over here with the finished product
I forgot to get the certificate of authenticity printed and shipped in the mail though.

Dildo's mate and Bitcoin who wouldn't resist that temptation we all know one of these days we will all be fucked by Bitcoin he-he shoves the aforementioned dildo into the thread

If you have ever been F#CKED using BTCitcoin for something this would be a great way to memorialize that as well.

Escrow Accepted

Apologies my lighting sucks

I'll see if someone wants to buy it with all the free press and comments about it Tongue (Even with all the fun stuff going on in this thread it just seemed like the perfect place to place a dick XD) (mmm I'll need to redatestamp that later as well lol wonder if anyone will bite)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=931553.new#new
Pages:
Jump to: