Pages:
Author

Topic: Scam Warning: WoodCollector - page 15. (Read 29077 times)

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
January 20, 2015, 11:44:58 PM
Witch hunts start with shooting Negative Trust then asking questions later.

FTFY

Perhaps you are right. But then again it wasn't me who left negative trust on him.

Time will tell if what he claims is true. I will wait a few days as he said.
legendary
January 20, 2015, 11:38:15 PM
Well that was totally unexpected that WC would chicken out...
Smartest thing to do in his situation, better keep doubt for a few that you can potentially scam in the future than admit to being a fraud publicly...
If you read the post he made in the reputation section he will be posting videos within the next day or two.

Also keeping track of that topic, i'd be very surprised if something serious would pop up there, who knows...

I haven't done any wood carving myself, but i have worked with lasers on different materials, what i've seen so far i would definitely say resembles laser art.

Well let's see what he comes up with, since he announced he'd only show to "important people", i doubt anything will be posted in public.

If he chooses not to post it publicly I would then question why.

There should be nothing to hide here presuming his claims are true.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
January 20, 2015, 11:37:48 PM
I would like to know if the people that purchased items believed they were buying a one off piece because clearly he has more than one of the big BTC logo  one for sale.  How the fuck could they look THAT alike if a machine isn't making them?

https://cryptothrift.com/auctions/collectable-art/94243/

Seller Details
Seller:
WoodCollector
000Member Since:Jan 13th, 2015
Activity: 679
Merit: 526
January 20, 2015, 11:37:41 PM
Update: I scrolled through WoodCollecters posts and found this:

It is a Grizzly lathe. Piece of shit $600 unit. Nailed it the first guess from the little pic on the first page of this thread. ( I actually DO know about this stuff) Brand new even. Even the turning tools all look nice and new and pretty. Looks like he has figured out how to turn a weird looking bong and a couple flat discs to laser burn on thus far.

Would using something like this still be considered "hand-carved"? Honest question.  Huh

I would think so. i sure as heck could not make something that nice or that precision on a lathe, when you look at it closely and see how perfect the grooves are and the way that the rings on the barrel are perfect and flow directly with the grain, my grandpa is a wood tuner and after 40 or so years of experiance was seriously impressed by that piece.
Not that my 2 cents worth here are really worth anything i had my day with the trolls many many months ago which left my reputation tarnished here on the forum but about a month ago when i accidentaly let slip a secret about coin number 10 in his collection that i was not suppose to know he offered to pay me 1000 dollars in bitcoin to remove my post to protect his clients and within minutes of doin so i had 1k usd worth of bitcoin in my waller. since i had some money at the time a week later i aksed to have an art piece made and had to beg and plead with him to let me pay with  a credit card it wasnt until a few days later when i looked at the paypal invoice that i realised who he realy is and a quick 30 second search on google confirmed he is famous for his wokrs in almost every country in the planet. reguardles of what a dumb troll wants to make acusations of, i for one am honored to have woodcollecter here on the forum and glad he found his way to bitcoin we should all be thankful for his presence not trying to string him up because 1 dumb idiot decided to be a pin in the ass after woodcollecter has already been here for months because it benifits nubbinz to tarnish wc's reputation to increase his own sales.

Well then who is he?  That's probably why he is so huffy, he's not trying to protect this identity(WoodCollector) he's trying to protect his real identity so his rep isn't tarnished from scamming people out of bitcoin.  That's epic.
BG4
legendary
Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024
PaperSafe
January 20, 2015, 11:36:34 PM

It is a Grizzly lathe. Piece of shit $600 unit. Nailed it the first guess from the little pic on the first page of this thread. ( I actually DO know about this stuff) Brand new even. Even the turning tools all look nice and new and pretty. Looks like he has figured out how to turn a weird looking bong and a couple flat discs to laser burn on thus far.

Would using something like this still be considered "hand-carved"? Honest question.  Huh

There is no artistic skill what so ever in gouging out rings on turning wood.  I do the same thing with brass on a 400 dollar lathe from harbor freight. I make mini cannons and thunder mugs that look like shot gun shells, all by eye... This is not considered "Hand Carved"

This is considered HAND CARVED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQVo4oEizJA
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
January 20, 2015, 11:36:22 PM
This thread is downright hilarious.  Enough so, I finally decided I should get a Bitcointalk forum account.

Anyone that's done any laser engraving would instantaneously recognize these things as etched.  Like nubbins stated, they're beautiful pieces, and I'm sure worth a fair amount, but the creator is misrepresenting the process in which he used to make them.   I have an 80 watt CO2 laser cutter/engraving machine. I've done quite a bit of etching/engraving with it, and its instantly apparent they're etched.    Now, that being said, they're actually etched pretty well. The laser is clearly well focused, and the depth is very consistent.  WoodCollector should have just sold the pieces advertised as such.

I shared this thread with a bunch of friends of mine that do a considerable amount of laser CNC work, and they all had a hilarious time watching people defend his work. The only "proof" I've seen so far are lathe tools (which you'd never use to do any actual wood carving) and a shitty lathe.   With all the talk about updating his clients with pictures of the work in progress, it should be really easy to shut anyone up that says otherwise.  

legendary
Activity: 2087
Merit: 1015
January 20, 2015, 11:35:58 PM
Witch hunts start with shooting Negative Trust then asking questions later.

FTFY
Activity: 406
Merit: 260
The Scamcoats are coming!
January 20, 2015, 11:34:13 PM
Would your Granpa be impressed with this precision dildo?
Up for sale is this beautiful hand crafted Bitcoin Dildo hand carved out of 100% AAA grade Cocobolo wood. It was commissioned by a person on this forum but then they back out half way through completion. Original price was $600usd. This dildo is usable as it is sealed with a hypoallergenic water proof sealer, so now your wife can love BTCitcoin as much as you do. If you have ever been F#CKED using BTCitcoin for something this would be a great way to memorialize that as well.

Bitcoin Logo

Front

Reverse

Price: $150 PLUS shipping (msg me for a quote with your zipcode)
Escrow: Yes

Some of my other works can be found HERE

LMFAO! I thought the quips about dildos were just facetious, but now I see they were actuaally real. Hey look, hey even managed to get the spacing of the "pleasure grooves" almost sort of kind of close. This is one time that using the phrase "fucking ridiculous" is an exact term!

P.S: If your granpa thinks this dildo is quality lathework he does not know what the fuck he is talking about. This looks like it was made by your average 9th grader in woodshop. It is a complete joke.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
January 20, 2015, 11:26:35 PM

Would using something like this still be considered "hand-carved"? Honest question.  Huh

I would think so. i sure as heck could not make something that nice or that precision on a lathe, when you look at it closely and see how perfect the grooves are and the way that the rings on the barrel are perfect and flow directly with the grain, my grandpa is a wood tuner and after 40 or so years of experiance was seriously impressed by that piece.
Not that my 2 cents worth here are really worth anything i had my day with the trolls many many months ago which left my reputation tarnished here on the forum but about a month ago when i accidentaly let slip a secret about coin number 10 in his collection that i was not suppose to know he offered to pay me 1000 dollars in bitcoin to remove my post to protect his clients and within minutes of doin so i had 1k usd worth of bitcoin in my waller. since i had some money at the time a week later i aksed to have an art piece made and had to beg and plead with him to let me pay with  a credit card it wasnt until a few days later when i looked at the paypal invoice that i realised who he realy is and a quick 30 second search on google confirmed he is famous for his wokrs in almost every country in the planet. reguardles of what a dumb troll wants to make acusations of, i for one am honored to have woodcollecter here on the forum and glad he found his way to bitcoin we should all be thankful for his presence not trying to string him up because 1 dumb idiot decided to be a pin in the ass after woodcollecter has already been here for months because it benifits nubbinz to tarnish wc's reputation to increase his own sales.
January 20, 2015, 11:21:17 PM
As a matter of fact now that I think about it for more than three consecutive seconds the entire direction of this thread is the wrong approach.  If this guy is an artist of the caliper he claims to be how fucking hard could it be to verify him?  Does he sign his work?  I don't know any artist who doesn't!  How many people could there be creating high end pieces like this?

It should take about five minutes to vet this guy and see if he is for real or not.  To hell with pictures and videos he may or may not post.

Does he have a web site?  A gallery?  You get the idea.

Apparently you have to go to the "artists mecca" of Lake Havasu City to get a glimpse of his fine work. The "gallery" is probably in the third trailer on the left hand side of the street. The one with lots of crappy whirlygigs in the front lawn.  Cheesy
legendary
January 20, 2015, 11:18:31 PM
As a matter of fact now that I think about it for more than three consecutive seconds the entire direction of this thread is the wrong approach.  If this guy is an artist of the caliper he claims to be how fucking hard could it be to verify him?  Does he sign his work?  I don't know any artist who doesn't!  How many people could there be creating high end pieces like this?

It should take about five minutes to vet this guy and see if he is for real or not.  To hell with pictures and videos he may or may not post.

Does he have a web site?  A gallery?  You get the idea.

ummmmm......THAT looks familiar

https://cryptothrift.com/auctions/collectable-art/94243/
legendary
Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001
January 20, 2015, 11:17:39 PM
Smartest thing to do in his situation, better keep doubt for a few that you can potentially scam in the future than admit to being a fraud publicly...
If you read the post he made in the reputation section he will be posting videos within the next day or two.

Also keeping track of that topic, i'd be very surprised if something serious would pop up there, who knows...

I haven't done any wood carving myself, but i have worked with lasers on different materials, what i've seen so far i would definitely say resembles laser art.

Well let's see what he comes up with, since he announced he'd only show to "important people", i doubt anything will be posted in public.
legendary
January 20, 2015, 11:14:26 PM

legendary
January 20, 2015, 11:13:06 PM
I will be back here to attempt to get access to video(s) of his hand carving of the same caliber detail of his products already posted on this forum.

Of course without that stipulation that I am required to leave negative feedback for nubbins.

I will give credit where credit is due and be completely neutral on the topic.

I have no skin in the game but I will not be forced to leave negative feedback where I believe it is not warranted.

Time will tell.
January 20, 2015, 11:10:07 PM

legendary
January 20, 2015, 11:07:34 PM
I have no horse in this race and am not qualified to make any determination about how a piece of wood art was or was not created.
That having been said, if the accusations here are true some people have been severely injured financially by WC.  If I were on that list, I would be reaching out to the others who have made purchases from him and start comparing notes....ship from address, etc.  If it becomes necessary to locate him for potential legal action, etc.

I must admit I am shocked to see some of the amounts people have spent for his work, regardless of how it was created.  I mean, you don't know this guy from a fucking hole in the wall and you buy 50k worth of his 'art' because he says that's what it should cost?  The idea of this person earning millions of dollars a year doing this as his 'day job' are absurd.

I would imagine someone in the market for a five figure piece of art would do some research and find out if the guy is known producer in that field, etc. but hey that's me and I don't have 100's of BTC to spend on shit like this...lol

What's super fucked up about this is if you bought something for $10,000 and it turns out it's only worth $8000 meh, not the end of the world, but based on the accusations being made here I'd be surprised if you could resell these 10k+ pieces for anything more than a few hundred dollars at most and that sux for the people that bought it.

Without a contract I'm not even sure what legal recourse you would have.  I'm pretty sure forum posts would not be admissible as evidence in a civil lawsuit to prove that the guy misrepresented himself and is a thief.

What a world.

ig
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
January 20, 2015, 11:05:59 PM
legendary
Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001
January 20, 2015, 10:53:46 PM
January 20, 2015, 10:37:57 PM
Bought several pieces from him totaling roughly $50,000. Each and every piece was unique. Zero issues dealing with WoodCollector. A laser? Not something he uses. I drove to him on one of my last meetups and personally seen a large amount of his equipment. If I were an artist like him, I would not dump $100k+ into equipment and use a laser instead. Not sure what is going on here but just wanted to throw in my two cents.

The issue is not whether you have had issues with making deals with WC, or whether or not he has $100k worth of equipment, or whether you spent a ridiculous amount of money for supposedly hand carved pieces. The issue is whether or not he is using a $10 chisel to do intricate handcarvings for which he is charging exorbitant amounts. The answer to that question is : NO, he is not hand carving that shit. 

P.S: The equipment I saw in the few pics posted was not anywhere near 100k worth of machinery. All I see is a cheap ass Chinese lathe (Grizzly? Harbor Freight?) and a fucking dremel. Somewhere is the Pièce de résistance and source of his "craftsmanship", a laser engraver. Gauging by the striations left by the unit when cutting away open relief areas I bet even that is a piece of shit ~25 watt unit worth maybe $1,000.
BG4
legendary
Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024
PaperSafe
Pages:
Jump to: