Pages:
Author

Topic: SCAMMER: caradenada - page 5. (Read 11747 times)

Activity: 153
Merit: 100
December 05, 2012, 10:51:21 PM
The merchant should be able to tell you what bank the card was and if it was a level 1,2 or 3 card. This means if it was a personal, business or gift/prepaid card. This merchant does not have fraud protection? Most CC processors have fraud filters that will stop a card from being used if I.P. and billing zip do not match or name to name on card. If you are not from Argentina where the card was issued from that should have flagged the purchase right there and held it for the merchant to review. I'm just guessing here cause I see whats going on, but my guess is the Merchant Processor ran the card it was held for review. This is what caused the first cards to be declined. The merchant sent the goods out, then noticed the payment was held. When the merchant when into his processor and clicked process it declined it. Like I said get all the info you can.
It might have been flagged for review, but it's at the discretion of the merchant.  I was a repeat customer with no history of chargebacks, so they may have allowed it.

Bugging the merchant for more info really isn't going to help me here.  I want them to forget about it and leave me alone.  Making them look up lots of info about a credit card that was probably stolen isn't going to achieve that.  If there's something simple and straightforward that I can ask them, then I'll do that.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
December 05, 2012, 10:44:10 PM
Send or paste here the email telling you about the chargeback, as you were requested before by other users. I need to know the chargeback exists, so send the prove of that, thats info only you and your merchant should have. I dont need the date, card number or amount
December 05, 2012, 10:34:13 PM
I asked you the same thing they asked here in forum, to send me some proof that the chargeback exists. I told you more than once time, that if it exists i will solve anyway it, even if i have to send you the money back, but accept that you didnt do anything to show any proof of the acussation you made here.
You know exactly which card number it was, the date, and the amount.  I gave you that info more than two weeks ago.  Quit cluttering up this thread with frivolous denials.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
December 05, 2012, 10:07:27 PM
The merchant should be able to tell you what bank the card was and if it was a level 1,2 or 3 card. This means if it was a personal, business or gift/prepaid card. This merchant does not have fraud protection? Most CC processors have fraud filters that will stop a card from being used if I.P. and billing zip do not match or name to name on card. If you are not from Argentina where the card was issued from that should have flagged the purchase right there and held it for the merchant to review. I'm just guessing here cause I see whats going on, but my guess is the Merchant Processor ran the card it was held for review. This is what caused the first cards to be declined. The merchant sent the goods out, then noticed the payment was held. When the merchant when into his processor and clicked process it declined it. Like I said get all the info you can.
December 05, 2012, 10:03:20 PM
I asked you the same thing they asked here in forum, to send me some proof that the chargeback exists. I told you more than once time, that if it exists i will solve anyway it, even if i have to send you the money back, but accept that you didnt do anything to show any proof of the acussation you made here.
December 05, 2012, 09:59:13 PM
I do have that, and the thing is when a merchant gets a charge back they will be firing questions at you like crazy. The fact that you responded means he should have told you exactly what the problem is. Even after someone files a charge back it takes 2 weeks to process through the visa/mc system before they notify the merchant. First thing the merchant will see is a Charge backfee on there bank account then a letter in the mail with reasoning for the charge back. The merchant should be willing to share this info with you if he wants to get his money back and Visa/MC want this type of resolve its written in most Merchant Contracts. He wants to beat the charge back so he can get that fee they charged him back and keep his chargeback rate down. If you pay him these things will still effect him, so lets figure out what really happened it will be good for all involved.
Well, I can ask for more info.  However, if it really was a stolen credit card, then the merchant is not going to win the chargeback.  Cara de Nada seems to be unwilling or unable to cancel the chargeback.  I've already given him more than two weeks to resolve this.  And furthermore, he lied to me about it.  He said he would contact entropay about the chargeback.  I now know that the card number wasn't from entropay.

Would you disclose the merchant that this happened with?
I'm a bit hesitant to do that as I do not want to invite fraud.  This merchant apparently accepted a credit card from a different country with a clearly non-matching billing address.
December 05, 2012, 09:47:23 PM
I do have that, and the thing is when a merchant gets a charge back they will be firing questions at you like crazy. The fact that you responded means he should have told you exactly what the problem is. Even after someone files a charge back it takes 2 weeks to process through the visa/mc system before they notify the merchant. First thing the merchant will see is a Charge backfee on there bank account then a letter in the mail with reasoning for the charge back. The merchant should be willing to share this info with you if he wants to get his money back and Visa/MC want this type of resolve its written in most Merchant Contracts. He wants to beat the charge back so he can get that fee they charged him back and keep his chargeback rate down. If you pay him these things will still effect him, so lets figure out what really happened it will be good for all involved.
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
December 05, 2012, 09:30:05 PM
cointell

BitcoinINV is a merchant.  You would not have access to the same charge back info as he does as a merchant.
December 05, 2012, 09:22:07 PM
How fast after you purchased was there a charge back claim? Days, weeks, Months?
What kind of business was it and did they know it was a entro-pay card before you used it? "This does matter"
On October 7, caradenada made a post which I replied to (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/restocked-i-sell-entropay-vccs-any-value-you-need-for-your-btc-restocked-116960)

We negotiated a bit, then the next day I sent 20 btc to 1LkHDNFqv1DR1yUmbMDncjdwciG3rqfM5k

Cara de Nada gave me a card number which began with 406742... and told me that there was a 290 USD balance.

Based on what others have posted in this thread (thank you makomk) this was an actual entropay card number.

I made a purchase with this card.  I did not tell the merchant that this was an entropay card.  I just entered the card number and my shipping info as usual.  The purchase was approved, and apparently was not charged back.

The following day, October 9, I attempted to use the card again.  It did not work, even though there should have been a remaining balance.  I complained to caradenada about the card not working.  He gave me another card number, this one starting with 498401...  This card number appears to not be from entropay, but I didn't know that at the time.  I used the card, and got a complaint from the merchant about a chargeback on November 16.

So, what appears to have happened is that caradenada started out selling me entropay, and then, when his entropay account wasn't working, gave me a stolen credit card instead.

The merchant should be able to go right into his Merchant account and pull the Charge Back up with the Ref # Date and Reason Code
^ This is what you need to show to prove this.

Well, the merchant didn't give me this info, but even if it was possible to get it, what would you do?  Are you going to call Banco de Brasil and ask if they did a chargeback?

I could ask the merchant for a reference number, but I don't see how it helps, as there wouldn't be any way to verify this info even if I got it.  The merchant wants their money back, and at this point I'm just going to give it to them without a fuss, so they don't blacklist my address.
December 05, 2012, 08:50:18 PM
In fact BCB, i discuss it with you, but cointell doesnt show, didnt even send me a pm. Im waiting for any news.
BCB
vip
BCJ
December 05, 2012, 07:26:24 PM
caradenada  has responded privately. 

cointell, let me know if he's responding to you.
December 05, 2012, 06:50:39 PM
I know how charge backs work and I know about Entro-Pay in-depth. The merchant will get a letter in the mail stating there was a charge back they have X amount of days to submit evidence it was a legal purchase. I have had nothing but 100% positive dealings with caradenada in the past for 1000's of dollars. None of them have been charged back and he has provided every piece of info I have ever asked him for. I do not think he defrauded you, cause of prior dealings I have had with him and he had a way greater chance to make lots of money off of me.

How fast after you purchased was there a charge back claim? Days, weeks, Months?
What kind of business was it and did they know it was a entro-pay card before you used it? "This does matter"

The merchant should be able to go right into his Merchant account and pull the Charge Back up with the Ref # Date and Reason Code
^ This is what you need to show to prove this.

Would you disclose the merchant that this happened with?
BCB
vip
BCJ
December 05, 2012, 06:40:27 PM
caradenada

I believe it was 4 hours ago you posted that you would be responding in 2 hours.   If that's the case I'm going to assume that you will not be responding either publicly or privately.

vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
December 05, 2012, 06:33:27 PM
Last Active:   Today at 05:43:23 PM

Caradenada is watching, but they are not replying.

Yes, indeed.

BCB is reviewing the case and liaising with both users by personal messages.
Activity: 434
December 05, 2012, 05:47:05 PM
Last Active:   Today at 05:43:23 PM

Caradenada is watching, but they are not replying.
vip
December 05, 2012, 04:47:09 PM
I am not posting the full card numbers or identifying the merchant because I do not want people 'testing' these cards, or trying other bogus cards with this merchant.

I did not ask for the virtual card numbers. I ask for the email which shows that a chargeback happened. Moreover, you can redact part of the email to conceal sensitive data (do not redact date and time).

If an admin wants to look at the PMs and confirm that the card numbers were not from Entropay, they can do that.  I think that should be sufficient to convince the admins of this forum that caradenada deserves a scammer tag.

That is completely irrelevant! You have to show evidence which proves the chargeback happened. There is no safe method to verify if the numbers come from the Entropay service.

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
December 05, 2012, 04:41:47 PM
Users here do not want statements, they want evidence. Provide the evidence or I will assume you are doing a false accusation.

Do false scam accusations really come up that often here that cause you to blame the victim first?

No, that's just croppo's usual shtick.
December 05, 2012, 04:36:42 PM
Post the email with the header here.

I am not posting the full card numbers or identifying the merchant because I do not want people 'testing' these cards, or trying other bogus cards with this merchant.

The full card numbers are in the PMs that caradenada sent me.  There is no good reason to make such details public.  If an admin wants to look at the PMs and confirm that the card numbers were not from Entropay, they can do that.  I think that should be sufficient to convince the admins of this forum that caradenada deserves a scammer tag.
Activity: 434
December 05, 2012, 04:17:55 PM
Users here do not want statements, they want evidence. Provide the evidence or I will assume you are doing a false accusation.

Do false scam accusations really come up that often here that cause you to blame the victim first?
vip
December 05, 2012, 04:02:38 PM
The email from the merchant said: "We received a chargeback from our bank today regarding the order below. The reason stated was that the charge was not recognised" and gave the order number.  I do not know if the cards were stolen and neither does the merchant.  There is no chargeback code for "stolen card".  "Charge not recognized" is the closest you'll get.  I have offered to repay the merchant for the loss.

That is just your words... Post the email with the header here. Otherwise this case will turn against you.

I've stated all the relevant facts, although I've withheld some specific details such as the full card numbers and amounts, on the chance that the cards were stolen and have not yet been cancelled.  I have nothing else to add to this thread.

Pages:
Jump to: