Pages:
Author

Topic: Scammer: Dank - page 10. (Read 14368 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
October 10, 2012, 01:09:49 PM
Is this for real? Is this forum going insane? Oh god my sides. I am dying.

I read all the way to this and it pegged it.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!
October 10, 2012, 01:08:51 PM
Would you be happy if I made a youtube video of me singing this song for you?

Absolutely not.  Dank is an exceptional musician who my niece and myself are fans of, he has made assurances he will be one of the most famous and talented musicians in the world.  These are the reasons I stood to gain personally and economically in negotiating to receive a recording of Mary Had A Little Lamb from him. 
Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
October 10, 2012, 01:03:19 PM
Would you be happy if I made a youtube video of me singing this song for you?
October 10, 2012, 12:27:18 PM
1) Was payment required for services?
2) Is there sufficient evidence of a contract? Verbal or otherwise, though written is preferred (shouldn't be so hard since this is on the internet...)
3) What was your net loss as a result of working with Dank?

Yes, Yes, I called out the scam before my payment was required.  My loss in not getting the recording I promised is vast, the value of an early rare personalized recording from a great musician is vast.

As Dank is offering no explanation, denial, or defense I believe this case remains open and shut.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
October 10, 2012, 12:04:37 PM
The perpetrator of the fraud is offering no defense and refusing to discuss terms to address the issue.  Our deal is written and agreed to in plain terms and has been broken.  A fraudulent product was attempted to be passed off as fulfilling our agreement.  It is time to give Dank the tag, if he is willing to violate agreements he should not be running a Bank or otherwise accepting payments with promise of later fulfilling his obligations on this forum without users knowing the value of his word as a businessman.

Three simple questions will straighten this out:
1) Was payment required for services?
2) Is there sufficient evidence of a contract? Verbal or otherwise, though written is preferred (shouldn't be so hard since this is on the internet...)
3) What was your net loss as a result of working with Dank?
October 10, 2012, 11:51:08 AM
The perpetrator of the fraud is offering no defense and refusing to discuss terms to address the issue.  Our deal is written and agreed to in plain terms and has been broken.  A fraudulent product was attempted to be passed off as fulfilling our agreement.  It is time to give Dank the tag, if he is willing to violate agreements he should not be running a Bank or otherwise accepting payments with promise of later fulfilling his obligations on this forum without users knowing the value of his word as a businessman.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
October 10, 2012, 09:47:54 AM
Scammer tag for Rarity for making me think that Dank had been scamming.

Moderators, please move this thread to Off-topic.
Scammer tag for organofcorti for frivolous demands of scammer tags, disrespecting the immense amount of effort required to successfully file for one against people who stopped posting weeks ago.

It takes more time to file for a scammer tag than it takes to dream up a scam, execute it, create a new account, and repeat. - But here you come in, just shitting on the whole system...  Angry

Meta-scammer-tag for Kluge, who is trying to make people believe that an infinite scammer regression is possible.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
October 10, 2012, 09:38:20 AM
Scammer tags for everyone, just for the fun of it.

Yeey!

(Come on, this whole thread is just silly from the beginning)
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
October 10, 2012, 09:36:24 AM

Scammer tag for organofcorti for frivolous demands of scammer tags, disrespecting the immense amount of effort required to successfully file for one against people who stopped posting weeks ago.

It takes more time to file for a scammer tag than it takes to dream up a scam, execute it, create a new account, and repeat. - But here you come in, just shitting on the whole system...  Angry
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
October 10, 2012, 09:27:58 AM
Thanks for making my morning, already, Rarity! Smiley

Keep spreading my music, keep spreading the love.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
October 10, 2012, 09:16:27 AM

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
October 10, 2012, 09:12:58 AM
It sounds like Kurt Cobain playing Mary Had a Little Lamb to me...  Huh

Not sure what the issue is?

-Zoey
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
October 10, 2012, 08:51:42 AM

Activity: 56
Merit: 1
October 10, 2012, 08:26:01 AM
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
October 10, 2012, 08:13:54 AM
why not give him food stamps as well ?

That IS exactly what his "bank" is for.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Si vis pacem, para bellum
October 10, 2012, 08:08:45 AM
On a related note:
Dank's guitar is painfully out of tune. Guitar tuners start at only $8 on Amazon.
Anyone volunteering to set up a donation address so we can buy Dank a tuner?

great!
another sock puppet suggesting free money for dank for another ridiculous reason

His suggestion is far from ridiculous. Using a guitar tuner is helpful for beginners who have not yet developed the ear necessary to tune without a reference.

right,the bitcoin community should finance him a guitar tuner because his guitar mp3s are painful to listen to
why not give him food stamps as well ?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
October 10, 2012, 08:08:08 AM
1.36 BTC deposited into Dank Bank.  Thank you, senbon, for the guitar tuner.

He doesn't need another tuner, he already claims to have purchased one out of the funds to his ponzi bank.

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
October 10, 2012, 07:28:13 AM
On a related note:
Dank's guitar is painfully out of tune. Guitar tuners start at only $8 on Amazon.
Anyone volunteering to set up a donation address so we can buy Dank a tuner?

great!
another sock puppet suggesting free money for dank for another ridiculous reason

His suggestion is far from ridiculous. Using a guitar tuner is helpful for beginners who have not yet developed the ear necessary to tune without a reference.
Maybe dank just draws inspiration from Arnold Schoenberg.
October 10, 2012, 07:27:36 AM
Dank has made public guarantees that he is soon to be one of the most famous and well known musicians in the world.  The value of a personalized performance and recording from such an artiste early in his career is vast.  

It's like having your personal recording from Jimi Hendrix singing happy birthday on your birthday party! It would only add to the value that so early in his career Jimi was sub-par on the guitar and also slightly out of tune. Collectors would go berserk but I imagine having such a piece would be emotionally too valuable for you to sell for mere millions of fiat money!

Yes, it would indeed be a prized collector's piece.
Activity: 167
October 10, 2012, 07:24:33 AM
Dank has made public guarantees that he is soon to be one of the most famous and well known musicians in the world.  The value of a personalized performance and recording from such an artiste early in his career is vast.  

It's like having your personal recording from Jimi Hendrix singing happy birthday on your birthday party! It would only add to the value that so early in his career Jimi was subpar on the guitar and also slightly out of tune. Collectors would go berserk but I imagine having such a piece would be emotionally too valuable for you to sell for mere millions of fiat money!
Pages:
Jump to: