Pages:
Author

Topic: Scammer: Dank - page 11. (Read 14368 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
October 10, 2012, 06:51:38 AM
On a related note:
Dank's guitar is painfully out of tune. Guitar tuners start at only $8 on Amazon.
Anyone volunteering to set up a donation address so we can buy Dank a tuner?

great!
another sock puppet suggesting free money for dank for another ridiculous reason

His suggestion is far from ridiculous. Using a guitar tuner is helpful for beginners who have not yet developed the ear necessary to tune without a reference.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
October 10, 2012, 06:50:49 AM
This is hilarious..  You guys should make love and get it over with.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Si vis pacem, para bellum
October 10, 2012, 06:47:53 AM
On a related note:
Dank's guitar is painfully out of tune. Guitar tuners start at only $8 on Amazon.
Anyone volunteering to set up a donation address so we can buy Dank a tuner?

great!
another sock puppet suggesting free money for dank for another ridiculous reason

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 10, 2012, 06:31:21 AM
Well I don't dispute the value of music, And I can see why holding on to an artist in the making's music can be a money spinner for you, I just feel like it upset your niece so it upset you, Is there a way to resolve this? Maybe ask him to do it again and stick to the tune? I just feel a scammer thread should be a last resort.

Not siding with anyone here, Just trying to mediate, If it does not work, I will leave you two to it.

He refuses to redo it, in fact it took a lot of coaxing to get him to do it at all.

O.K. I just read the "deal" part, The thread is difficult to follow LOL.

I'm there daily and half the time I can't understand wtf is going on.
copper member
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032
October 10, 2012, 06:29:35 AM
Well I don't dispute the value of music, And I can see why holding on to an artist in the making's music can be a money spinner for you, I just feel like it upset your niece so it upset you, Is there a way to resolve this? Maybe ask him to do it again and stick to the tune? I just feel a scammer thread should be a last resort.

Not siding with anyone here, Just trying to mediate, If it does not work, I will leave you two to it.

He refuses to redo it, in fact it took a lot of coaxing to get him to do it at all.

O.K. I just read the "deal" part, The thread is difficult to follow LOL.
Activity: 182
Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!
October 10, 2012, 06:28:05 AM
I am open to some negotiation, but too much damage has already been done to my niece for me to simply accept the original terms.  I am open to discussion of new terms if Dank indicates he is similarly open to finding a resolution.  However, until he signals that he is open the scammer tag should be immediately applied and should stay if we are unable to come to terms.
Activity: 140
October 10, 2012, 06:22:52 AM

copper member
October 10, 2012, 06:17:54 AM

October 10, 2012, 06:02:44 AM
I'll have to concur with Rarity's assessment. If I go to iTunes or the Amazon MP3 store and order a song, but instead of my song got a jumbled mess of screeches, that would be considered a scam also.

Precisely.  Though I am a fan of this music, it is not the song I ordered.

As to the monetary size of the scam, Dank has made public guarantees that he is soon to be one of the most famous and well known musicians in the world.  The value of a personalized performance and recording from such an artiste early in his career is vast.  
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
October 10, 2012, 06:01:08 AM
I'll have to concur with Rarity's assessment. If I go to iTunes or the Amazon MP3 store and order a song, but instead of my song got a jumbled mess of screeches, that would be considered a scam also.
October 10, 2012, 05:45:13 AM

This song is identifiable as The Star Spangled Banner, with improvisational and artistic modifications.  Dank Untitled 107 shares nothing in common with the provided tab which was to be played.  

Yes I was not comparing the two, Just pointing out everyone's "improvisational and artistic modifications" can vary, And in this case Dramatically LOL, In any case, A scammer thread for this? really?

Mary Had A Little Lamb is a recognizable tune, playing something else and pretending it is the same tune is not delivering the product promised.  By that standard one could promise to send 10 bitcoins and instead send a piece of paper with "10 Bitcoins" written on it.  Hey, it's all a matter of opinion, right?  No, we must hold each other to our word when delivery of a product is promised.

Recorded music has monetary value, and this fraud was an attempt to falsely use that value to compel compliance with an agreement.  In addition, as a critic of some of Dank's business practices he stood to gain economically from silencing my warnings.
copper member
October 10, 2012, 05:39:33 AM

This song is identifiable as The Star Spangled Banner, with improvisational and artistic modifications.  Dank Untitled 107 shares nothing in common with the provided tab which was to be played.  

Yes I was not comparing the two, Just pointing out everyone's "improvisational and artistic modifications" can vary, And in this case Dramatically LOL, In any case, A scammer thread for this? really?
October 10, 2012, 05:34:05 AM

This tune is identifiable as The Star Spangled Banner, with improvisational and artistic modifications.  Dank Untitled 107 shares nothing in common with the provided tab which was to be played or the tune of Mary Had A Little Lamb.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
October 10, 2012, 05:33:57 AM

A Scammer tags purpose is to quickly show people which users have on purpose caused financial damage to others, so they can stay away from them.

Using this tag for that, would make the tag useless for its purpose.

While this is true, it should probably be pointed out that dank is soliciting and accepting donations on the basis that he is going to become one of the "greatest musicians" and stage a musical festival bigger than Woodstock by the end of the year.  His ability to play guitar is somewhat relevant to whether or not he can achieve "greatest musician" status in the next three months and if he is not actively organising the world's biggest music festival then saying that he is going to do so is certainly scamming people.
copper member
October 10, 2012, 05:31:12 AM
Tell that to Hendirx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImuLiDsv3Pk

I know national anthem, But trying to portray freestyle.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
October 10, 2012, 05:28:04 AM
Rarity, really?

This is so ridiculous, I don't even know what to say.

This makes me think, that it's maybe really a good Idea, that everyone starts with a scammer tag until proven otherwise. And just gets a "not a scammer" tag.

Whats next?

Now, you agreed to post only once as soon as dank delivers the song.

He has not delivered yet, so you don't have to do your part.

And by the way, by taking this THAT serious, you agree that you get a scammer tag if you post in one of Danks threads more than once in 24 Hours? As soon he has delivered of course.

Come on.
GOBBLE, GOBBLE, GOBBLE, GOBBLE, GOBBLE!!

Get a grip, brother.  Tongue
October 10, 2012, 05:25:57 AM
I'm not sure what to make of this, I have herd it, And I can hear there is a "mary had a little lamb" (going up in tone) then "little lamb" twice in syllables, Then the rest could be a Twisted guitar solo for the end.

I don't know if I would call scam on a strange arrangement between you two, That didn't sound right. Did you expect it to?

The product does not resemble the provided tab in any way.  It is self evidently not "Mary Had A Little Lamb", a song with a distinctive and well recognized traditional tune and rhythm.  As Dank represents himself as an expert guitar player, there is no reason for me not to expect him to deliver properly on his promise unless I have been mislead by him again.
copper member
October 10, 2012, 05:24:04 AM
I'm not sure what to make of this, I have herd it, And I can hear there is a "mary had a little lamb" (going up in tone) then "little lamb" twice in syllables, Then the rest could be a Twisted guitar solo for the end.

I don't know if I would call scam on a strange arrangement between you two, That didn't sound right. Did you expect it to?
October 10, 2012, 05:23:22 AM
We had a written agreement of barter for the delivery of a recorded musical performance of a specified song.  Recorded music has a well established monetary value.   Delivery was made of a fraudulent, misrepresented product.  
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
October 10, 2012, 05:20:53 AM
Sigh, that's not what I tried to imply.

What you and dank made here is a  Gentlemen's agreement and just netiquette requires you to honor it.

Not honoring this agreement is bad behavior, but nobody deserves a scammer tag because of this.

A Scammer tags purpose is to quickly show people which users have on purpose caused financial damage to others, so they can stay away from them.

Using this tag for that, would make the tag useless for its purpose.
Pages:
Jump to: