Pages:
Author

Topic: Scammer: Dank - page 9. (Read 14368 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
October 10, 2012, 05:39:33 PM
I already said, I am not seeking donations for any of my ventures.  Show me a post where I asked for donations on this forum.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
October 10, 2012, 05:20:34 PM
Repentance, why is it that I've paid back all my investors, and will pay the remaining two I have, early, once my BTC comes through?

I didn't realize people gave back donations.

Dank Bank has been the longest lasting weekly interest program, has it not?

Why are you asking for donations in "Long Term Offers"?  Dank Bank may offer interest and pay back lenders but your musical festival is not a Dank Bank project - as you just said, you're asking for donations which won't be paid back.

Your Dank Bank thread should only be about your "legitimate" Dank Bank business.  Instead, you now solicit donations for your music festival in the OP of your Dank Bank thread when the music festival is clearly not being offered as an investment on which people will be given a return, whether as a fixed loan or as a share of the *cough* profits.  The Long Term Offers forum is for lending and borrowing and soliciting donations for your music festival is neither.

legendary
You cannot kill love
October 10, 2012, 05:07:17 PM
Repentance, why is it that I've paid back all my investors, and will pay the remaining two I have, early, once my BTC comes through?

I didn't realize people gave back donations.

Dank Bank has been the longest lasting weekly interest program, has it not?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!
October 10, 2012, 05:03:21 PM
1) Was payment required for services?
2) Is there sufficient evidence of a contract? Verbal or otherwise, though written is preferred (shouldn't be so hard since this is on the internet...)
3) What was your net loss as a result of working with Dank?

Yes, Yes, I called out the scam before my payment was required.  My loss in not getting the recording I promised is vast, the value of an early rare personalized recording from a great musician is vast.

As Dank is offering no explanation, denial, or defense I believe this case remains open and shut.

Part 1)
So let me get this straight. You were going to pay him for the song...but didn't pay him because you didn't get what you wanted (but you did, in fact, receive something)?

I did not receive the product that was promised.  The fact that I did not make payment is irrelevant as the purpose of the tag is to warn people in the future that the tagged breaks their agreements.  The user in question solicits large amounts of money through this forum and can not be trusted to stand by his word.  

Dank did deliver a recording to you that very very very vaguely resembles a shitty quality "Mary had a little lamb", did he not? You can claiming he's scamming you because the quality didn't match your standards? From what I'm gathering, Rarity, you are the scammer as you haven't paid for services rendered by Dank.

By no standards was this the requested song according to the provided tab.  It was not poor quality, it was a different song.  If you maintain a standard where people can lie entirely about the products they sell on the forum there will be no reason for anyone to ever continue to buy and sell here.  If someone promises to sell an iPhone and instead sends a low quality flip phone they should not receive leniency for simply sending a phone.

You're view of a "great musician" needs a bit of work my friend. I'm not entirely sure rubbing your testicles on some guitar strings to make sounds qualifies as music...but I suppose who am I to judge.

Dank himself has made the promise of music greatness, if you are telling me he has misrepresented this than it is just more proof he is untrustworthy and has operated a scam.

Part 4)
I'm not trying to be a dick here, I'm just giving an outside opinion on the matter after reading through this thread. Honestly, it's utterly idiotic. Unless there's a substantial amount of evidence posted I don't think I can vote either way yet. But based on what I've seen already there isn't a scam here.

We have a written agreement for a product to be provided, it was not.  There is nothing to debate.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
October 10, 2012, 05:00:30 PM
Well, with his track record, he'll have to rely on survival investments donations for the long term.

Also, totally wanna get a dank tag.
Activity: 868
October 10, 2012, 04:57:48 PM
I demand a "dank" tag for everyone posting in this thread.

Yay, gang tags!

On a more serious note, dank's thread doesn't belong in Long Term Offers.  He's asking for donations and not offering people who give him funds for the Gathering of the Dankalos any return other than "good karma".  The only other "business" he uses that thread for is taking out the occasional pay-day style loan, which belongs in general Lending not Long-term offers. 
copper member
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032
October 10, 2012, 04:44:06 PM

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Who shot who in the what now?
October 10, 2012, 04:18:32 PM
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
October 10, 2012, 04:00:05 PM
On a related note:
Dank's guitar is painfully out of tune. Guitar tuners start at only $8 on Amazon.
Anyone volunteering to set up a donation address so we can buy Dank a tuner?

I tought he said in the thread that Senbonzakura had provided him with a guitar tuner? Maybe he just needs somebody to show him how to use it?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
October 10, 2012, 03:08:34 PM
I got a cheap laugh out of it, just wow, this forum is hitting new lows every day!

I'm curious now who was the first to get a scammer-tag?  Surely it meant something back then.

Maybe this guy: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/bulanula-11905 ?

Back when the Scammer tag actually meant the person scammed you out of money Tongue

Also it's really funny that the person who he scammed stole about 5000 BTC and will probably get a scammer tag soon. So he got a scammer tag for scamming a scammer.
legendary
Activity: 1064
October 10, 2012, 03:02:22 PM
I got a cheap laugh out of it, just wow, this forum is hitting new lows every day!

I'm curious now who was the first to get a scammer-tag?  Surely it meant something back then.

Back when the Scammer tag actually meant the person scammed you out of money Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1232
October 10, 2012, 02:45:34 PM
Scammer tags for everyone, just for the fun of it.

Yeey!

(Come on, this whole thread is just silly from the beginning)

legendary
Activity: 1190
www.bitcointrading.com
October 10, 2012, 02:38:49 PM
Scammer tags for everyone, just for the fun of it.

Yeey!

(Come on, this whole thread is just silly from the beginning)

legendary
Activity: 1064
October 10, 2012, 02:08:50 PM
2) Is there sufficient evidence of a contract? Verbal or otherwise, though written is preferred (shouldn't be so hard since this is on the internet...)

Yes, Yes, I called out the scam before my payment was required.  My loss in not getting the recording I promised is vast, the value of an early rare personalized recording from a great musician is vast.

As Dank is offering no explanation, denial, or defense I believe this case remains open and shut.

Part 1)
So let me get this straight. You were going to pay him for the song...but didn't pay him because you didn't get what you wanted (but you did, in fact, receive something)?

Dank did deliver a recording to you that very very very vaguely resembles a shitty quality "Mary had a little lamb", did he not? You can claiming he's scamming you because the quality didn't match your standards? From what I'm gathering, Rarity, you are the scammer as you haven't paid for services rendered by Dank.

Part 2)
Is this for real? Is this forum going insane? Oh god my sides. I am dying.

I read all the way to this and it pegged it.

+1 times a billion...times a billion...times another billion...

Part 4)
I'm not trying to be a dick here, I'm just giving an outside opinion on the matter after reading through this thread. Honestly, it's utterly idiotic. Unless there's a substantial amount of evidence posted I don't think I can vote either way yet. But based on what I've seen already there isn't a scam here.
Activity: 275
Merit: 250
October 10, 2012, 01:37:09 PM
As we can see, Rarity and fgervais should be taken very seriously, at all times.

As opposed to the child who runs a "bank" that is funded with handouts from his parents? 
legendary
You cannot kill love
October 10, 2012, 01:33:14 PM
As we can see, Rarity and fgervais should be taken very seriously, at all times.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 10, 2012, 01:15:24 PM
The perpetrator of the fraud is offering no defense and refusing to discuss terms to address the issue.  Our deal is written and agreed to in plain terms and has been broken.  A fraudulent product was attempted to be passed off as fulfilling our agreement.  It is time to give Dank the tag, if he is willing to violate agreements he should not be running a Bank or otherwise accepting payments with promise of later fulfilling his obligations on this forum without users knowing the value of his word as a businessman.

Three simple questions will straighten this out:

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. A fucking fortune just on the emotional trauma of his niece alone.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
October 10, 2012, 01:13:21 PM
Ill take a youtube song Dave lol

You called my bluff... Tongue
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
October 10, 2012, 01:10:54 PM
Ill take a youtube song Dave lol
Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
October 10, 2012, 01:10:15 PM
for all you know I am Dave Matthews.... and I was going to do a dance so I am totally offended by your post Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: