Pages:
Author

Topic: Scientific proof that God exists? - page 52. (Read 845591 times)

Activity: 65
Merit: 12
May 24, 2018, 03:20:29 PM
The Bible is the living proof that God exists.
It's just like the wind,  you don't see it but you can feel it that's why you believe that there's a wind.
You mean the "proof" that has been handed down 30-50 years of oral passing on before being written down?
The mis-quoted, mis-translated to the umteenth time, copy of a copy so called "inerrent" word of god?

That proof??

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
May 23, 2018, 04:00:50 AM
I believe in god
Activity: 293
Merit: 100
May 23, 2018, 03:51:57 AM
It all depend whether you believe in them or not. For me in a neutral party. Its yes or no from me. But if he really exist then why is there unbalance in society?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1926
฿ear ride on the rainbow slide
May 23, 2018, 02:13:25 AM
There is a reason it is called "faith".  It cannot be scientifically proven.

You don't need faith or belief to be a good person.  Just empathy.

People are basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Faith itself is not bad as long as the person does good. It is a like a comfy blanket or pacifier for adults.

Activity: 91
Merit: 5
May 22, 2018, 06:00:28 AM
The hypothesis is a contradiction. Science and religion do not speak the same language..
A believer in God does not use scientific rules/empirical evidence to validate assumptions or test a hypothesis. Atheists/scientists do.
Sure, there are people that claim certain historical artifacts from religious books are proof that religion exists, but that doesn't proof a non-scientific reality.

To be critical, both parties should be aware of their paradigms and limitations.

Interestingly, atheism is increasing. Several reasons for this trend from my pov:
- there is more information (internet etc.). so people have a better understanding of their world and solutions to their problems.
- society is more dynamic and religion has difficulty to adapt. nowadays young people's main concerns in western countries are where do they offer free wifi (!) and how do i get likes on my instagram. reading a book that's 2000 years old isn't very appealing to a lot of young people.
- values change. nowadays people want to maximize their potential and enjoy life. it's not a priority anymore for most people devote a large part of your life to God and/or the reward of a life in heaven.

Activity: 55
May 22, 2018, 05:24:18 AM
It is a far more knowledgeable and complex for the human to do so because we are not equipped to have supernatural powers that's why we couldn't find a scientific proof that it is true. Me as a Christian, relies on the bible alone. And also, it is contradicting for religion and science.
Activity: 59
May 22, 2018, 05:21:14 AM
Religion and science do not go along because religion is based solely on revelation and faith. Yes, religious people have no choice but to admit scientific discoveries, but however, what they do with it is take it for granted and use it in their advantage by claiming 'that is another evidence of how majestic is God'.
Activity: 86
May 22, 2018, 05:19:28 AM
As for me I don't belive in God, neither in any esoteric nonsense. But I fully understand the conception of a religon that's based on the faith alone and requires no evidence or proves.  Smiley
Activity: 27
May 22, 2018, 03:07:55 AM
What a good question, i have a question too for you, do you know who make this world? It so small example scientific that god is exist, Do not think weird weird just think about where we are from where it can be created if your logic can achieve that?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
May 21, 2018, 08:51:36 PM
So many technically useless points regarding GOD.. hmm..

"Let me get this right. You're searching for scientific evidence of a hypothesis that cannot be tested. -
That's incredibly naive."

The proof is the fact that the religion started among a group of illiterate cave dwellers that were afraid of everything that they couldn’t comprehend. It has to be true if Bedouin tribesmen believe it. Also the proof of gods love is everywhere. Just last week I was complaining that there were too many school children in Texas so god sent a kid to school with a gun to kill some of them.

http://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/father-of-accused-texas-shooter-believes-bullying-was-behind-rampage-1526920563
Activity: 158
May 14, 2018, 01:44:49 AM
Humans, animals, plants, and all the contents of life are scientific proof that God exists, we exist because God created us. About the theory of human origins has been mentioned in some Bibles that man comes from one father and one mother, but everything is back to your beliefs. You also have the right not to believe.
Activity: 336
May 14, 2018, 12:56:22 AM
I think God does not exist because he does not help me in many severe cases.
Activity: 322
May 14, 2018, 12:54:28 AM
There is a lot of scientific evidence about God in many forums as well as on YouTube; now there are many worship god because they believe he exists.
Activity: 65
Merit: 12
May 12, 2018, 02:27:05 AM
SBB strikes again! Thanks for the laugh bud, appreciate it.

"You can't refute my scientific proof with your scientific proof so therefore god exists" Rofl!

Its amazing the twists and turns and double backs and hairpin turns you guys have to justify your nonsense fairytales.

And exactly what Asgarth said in his post before mine is what I have been saying all along.

I've had a good chuckle at your responses SBB....you have been so overwhelmed and shot down more times than I can count in this thread alone, never mind the Health and Religion thread. Yet you continue to hang in there grimly, like your "dog" hanging onto its last meager bone. Got to give you props for sticking it out.

You are correct in saying that if you can't refute science with science, the science stands.

The science I am talking about is not some eccentric, off-the-wall science that nobody understands. It is science that is in common use by both, all the scientists around the world, and everyone else, as well.

You don't have to like science. There is nobody requiring that you like science. But badmouthing me just because you can't find a scientific method to rebut the basic science of the world that I have shown, shows the bad faith in your heart, and the troll that you are.

I expect you don't even realize that you are a troll when you talk science down like this. So, refute the science with science. Here it is again so that you can begin:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10718395
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14047133
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662153.40
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16803380.

Cool

SBB, Im bad mouthing you cos you are just too easy.  Anything and everything you say is meant to prove that you are supposedly of such high intellect that only you can understand the science needed to prove your ridiculous god.

And so I stand by my previous statement: You are assuming things based on your beliefs and views. Your basic science is collective and coloured with YOUR opinion. I'm not badmouthing science, I love science. I refuse to refute your so called science purely because your putting your beliefs in certain scientific fields that YOU believe means god. Do you understand SBB? I have always been talking about the root cause of WHY and HOW you put your faith in your so called science-which-explains-god....not the actual science.

People could believe that the square root of the angle of the sun divided by the length of a bird's wings could mean god.....any of these things individually exists. Put them together and to THEM it means god. As does your collection of so called science mean god to YOU. None of these proves the scientific existence of god.

See SBB? Probably not....your prolly gonna come back with some witty comment about not talking science in a science thread when your JUST TOO DENSE to understand what I'm actually saying. Sorry I'm talking over your head, its that pesky cognitive dissonance again.

Activity: 145
May 10, 2018, 11:28:44 AM
There are quite a few videos that are back in the camera image of God, but scientists do not accept those images, and I do not believe in gods.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
May 10, 2018, 10:43:32 AM
Anyone is unlikely to prove the existence of a god. But almost everyone believes that God exists, because sometimes we have to believe that something invisible really exists. For example, water is invisible and not formed, but it really exists. also god is invisible and shapeless but really there. and I believe it.

Water is not invisible, you can also touch water and you can do thousands of experiments with it, your argument is garbage.
Activity: 104
May 10, 2018, 10:28:25 AM
Anyone is unlikely to prove the existence of a god. But almost everyone believes that God exists, because sometimes we have to believe that something invisible really exists. For example, water is invisible and not formed, but it really exists. also god is invisible and shapeless but really there. and I believe it.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
May 10, 2018, 09:37:59 AM
I do not need proofs that god exists.

If i got proofs i would not need the faith then . Faith is more important not for god only but for anything

If a friend told you that there was this one rock in India, a rock that was a beautiful, towering rock, you might believe him. But if he showed you places on the Internet where other people talked about the rock, you would believe him more. If he showed you pictures that he had taken of the rock on his last visit to India, you would believe him even more strongly.

We will always need/have some faith without evidence. But we need evidence to keep some of our faith strong.

Cool
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
May 10, 2018, 05:52:08 AM
''you could point out a flaw in scientific fashion.'' Easy, as I said your ''proof'' is not scientific because it cannot be tested or falsified. Unless you can tell me what experiment I can perform that would confirm your assumptions that entropy+complexity+c&e = god. Is there such an experiment? Can you test or falsify god? If not, it's not a scientific proof.

My proof is used every day in millions of circumstances. The only thing people don't do is consider such usage a test... at least not very often, percentage-wise.

For example. You get into your car, start the engine, and drive away. Cause and effect works throughout the whole operation; as the fuel burns, a simple form of entropy is taking place; and the whole car is complex enough that you would have an impossible task on your hands, if you ever tried to build one just like it, all by yourself, from scratch.

But if you wanted to test, you could doubt that the car would work this time, and anxiously await the proof that it did work, as you turned the key.

As has been pointed out, the fact that these three are in the same universe, and that the universe would be a totally different thing without these three (if it could even exist at all), proves God by the continual operation of all three in the same universe.

The proof that it is God and not complex happenstance, is the intelligent design in everything. We are the example of what it takes to have intelligent design. The fact of universal intelligent design that we can't come close to matching, is the proof that the designer is greater than we, so that He matches our definition of the word "God."

Thank you for helping to prove God exists.

Cool

Ye ye, it's not cause and effect or entropy what you have to prove, it's that the 3 of them combined = god. Each one of them exists but the assumption that all of them combined lead to god is not proven, it's just assumed by you. ''and that the universe would be a totally different thing without these three'' The universe would be different without many things, that's not proof.

'' is the intelligent design in everything'' Then you have to prove that everything is intelligently designed, human bodies have a lot of flaws http://nautil.us/issue/24/error/top-10-design-flaws-in-the-human-body
These flaws certainly do not indicate ''intelligent design''.

''The fact of universal intelligent design that we can't come close to matching'' the processor in the computer you used to write this, likely contains billions of transistors. It's so complex no single individual can possibly understand it as a whole, but humans made it. Not to mention the fact that an even more complex being would be needed for god to exist and so on to infinity.

The thing that shouts "God" in these 3, is complexity. Man designs things using complexity. The fact that man is even greater complexity, and that man is able to reason, shows that the designer of man understands that kind of complexity thoroughly. That is what God is all about... a greater than man, man-like (in some ways) Being. Certainly the clarity of what God is all about does not exist. But throwing out the fact of His existence just because we don't understand all about Him, is totally against science.

Cool

''Complexity is generally used to characterize something with many parts where those parts interact with each other in multiple ways'' No, badecker, humans don't use ''complexity'' to design things, they use science. You might have another definition for complexity, though, feel free to state it.

''The fact that man is even greater complexity'' Man is greater complexity? Greater than what, what does this phrase even mean? There is nothing that indicates that you need to be more complex than the object you are making. If that was the case then god would need to be created by an even more complex being.
Activity: 37
Merit: 1
May 10, 2018, 04:02:42 AM
Proof or not god existence is purely a matter of belief.

My question is how life and space were made?

It is made by big bang ,it is a phenomena of nature laws some would say and who made nature please ?
Pages:
Jump to: